Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello there!

2...Next

Comments

• ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    @ErnesaT Hello! :) So, although you've openly displayed your name, I'd like to remain anonymous (so my parents don't go all crazy on me for posting "private" info on the internet). But you can call me Wolfy, or whatever you want along those regards.

This is the first sims forum I've ever been on, so I'm a new member all around. I'm hoping to become a member here soon so that I could share with the community my sims 3 creations.

What turned me to a simmer was when I was watching my favorite youtuber, Markiplier, he played TS4. Now, of course, I asked my mom for Christmas to get TS4 because I knew more about it. But, instead, she got me TS3. And now, after reading about TS4, I'm glad I got 3 instead. (No offense to TS4 gamers...) Personally, I like TS3 much better than TS4 based off what I've read. I love the family tree, the ability to customize everything, and so on. TS3 is my first sims game that I owned besides the sims freeplay on my phone, but I didn't quite enjoy that. Now, with TS3, I'm a bit of a simaholic. :smile:

ANYWHO, that's my sims story. It was nice meeting you! :)

~SilentWolf101

Nice to meet you, Wolfy. I understand about the parent issue. I'd probably snap out if one of my minor children had ever posted personal info. Unfortunately, when I joined the TS2 forum, I was a total newbie to forums and didn't realize I should make up a fictitious name. :s

Before TS3 was released, those on the TS2 forum had to sign up to receive updates about the game. My TS2 screen name was automatically used. At this point, there is no point changing it. LOL

I'm glad you got to play TS3. Hopefully, one day you'll play 2. It's way different but rather fun and surprising.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    cwaddell wrote: »
    ErnesaT wrote: »
    Hello everyone. ...
    Who are you and what turned you into a simmer?

Welcome Nesa.

5 years ago when my desktop died I got an Imac. Soon after I went to Best Buy to find a game to play. They only had 2. I got Sims 3 and have been enjoying playing it ever since.

I feel like I should be welcoming you. LOL. Thank you.
    What's your favorite thing(s) in the game.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    Hello @ErnesaT!

I'm Sara and have been a Sim-aholic since 2007.

I attempted to play the original Sims in its heyday, but it never worked out between us.

I tried again with TS2 in 2007 and was instantly addicted. I was never on the forums during the TS2 era, but have been a part of these forums since June 2009 when TS3 first came out. Often I will go for a long time without visiting or posting anything, though. I've just recently come back from a hiatus that started around the release of TS4.

As for TS4, I do not like it. It's all pretty and shiny and stuff, but there is so much missing that it doesn't even feel like a game to me.

TS3 is my favorite. While I will always hold TS2 near and dear to my heart, TS3 in my opinion just can't be beat with the sheer amount of content and stuff to do. It will take me a very long time to get bored of this game.

It is nice to meet you, and I hope to see you around, provided I don't disappear again. LOL.
  • jessikahhklairejessikahhklaire Posts: 44 Member
    Hi there! I've been playing the sims since... I don't remember the date! Possibly not long after the sims 2 came out in england but it may have been a bit later... not sure how long it took me to pursaude my dad to get it for me! haha! I used to watch my Dad play TS1 so I was so excited to start playing myself. I've had and played TS3 on and off for quite a few years now but had breaks inbetween as I have this awful habit of breaking my various laptops. Well now I currently have a lot of free time and a really good laptop so figured I'd get into it again. I joined the forums very recently as I was lurking for advice for a while so figured I may as well actually join!

Um... please call me Raine.

I'm currently not interested in TS4 it just really doesn't suit what I want from a game and I recently got TS2 ultimate collection but I have yet to start playing on that fully yet.

I mostly start threads to ask for advice... but I'd really like to start making some friends!
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    Hi there! I've been playing the sims since... I don't remember the date! Possibly not long after the sims 2 came out in england but it may have been a bit later... not sure how long it took me to pursaude my dad to get it for me! haha! I used to watch my Dad play TS1 so I was so excited to start playing myself. I've had and played TS3 on and off for quite a few years now but had breaks inbetween as I have this awful habit of breaking my various laptops. Well now I currently have a lot of free time and a really good laptop so figured I'd get into it again. I joined the forums very recently as I was lurking for advice for a while so figured I may as well actually join!

I'm currently not interested in TS4 it just really doesn't suit what I want from a game and I recently got TS2 ultimate collection but I have yet to start playing on that fully yet.

I mostly start threads to ask for advice... but I'd really like to start making some friends!

Welcome, Raine. :)

• MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited May 2015
    Hiho! My name is Ahmee, no it's not Amy. Minx is a fine enough name too. I've been simming since I was in high school with the Sims 2. Loved it! I stopped simming in 2010 when my laptop died on me. I recently started the Sims 3 in... July or August of last year. Might have even been September, can't quite remember.

My, now fiance, gave me his desktop and brought me the game. Then I got a whole bunch of them during black Friday and have since then become obsessed with buying store items on discount.

I started playing because who doesn't want to control the lives of little pixel people! Babies and break ups, all that jazz. I love the babies! At first it started as an escape from RL. I wasn't the most social or popular in high school. Now, it's just one of many hobbies I've accumulated.

Fun times. Happy simming!
    slynnski wrote: »
    Hello @ErnesaT!

I'm Sara and have been a Sim-aholic since 2007.

I attempted to play the original Sims in its heyday, but it never worked out between us.

I tried again with TS2 in 2007 and was instantly addicted. I was never on the forums during the TS2 era, but have been a part of these forums since June 2009 when TS3 first came out. Often I will go for a long time without visiting or posting anything, though. I've just recently come back from a hiatus that started around the release of TS4.

As for TS4, I do not like it. It's all pretty and shiny and stuff, but there is so much missing that it doesn't even feel like a game to me.

TS3 is my favorite. While I will always hold TS2 near and dear to my heart, TS3 in my opinion just can't be beat with the sheer amount of content and stuff to do. It will take me a very long time to get bored of this game.

It is nice to meet you, and I hope to see you around, provided I don't disappear again. LOL.

Nice to meet you Sara. I totally relate to the "addiction". I've just returned to playing TS3. Was playing TS2 until then. TS4 doesn't seem right to me yet.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]

Welcome Raine. Very nice to meet you. As stated above, I have mixed feelings about TS4. I hope you get to play TS2 UC soon. It's very different than any other sim game. You'll enjoy the seeming interaction between your sims and yourself.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    Minx wrote: »
    Hiho! My name is Ahmee, no it's not Amy. Minx is a fine enough name too. I've been simming since I was in high school with the Sims 2. Loved it! I stopped simming in 2010 when my laptop died on me. I recently started the Sims 3 in... July or August of last year. Might have even been September, can't quite remember.

My, now fiance, gave me his desktop and brought me the game. Then I got a whole bunch of them during black Friday and have since then become obsessed with buying store items on discount.

I started playing because who doesn't want to control the lives of little pixel people! Babies and break ups, all that jazz. I love the babies! At first it started as an escape from RL. I wasn't the most social or popular in high school. Now, it's just one of many hobbies I've accumulated.

Fun times. Happy simming!

Well, now, Hello Ahmee. I love your name.

You like store stuff, huh?

My avi was known on TS3 forum as "Sweet Tee". She's a member of the Pink Ladies Motorcycle Gifting Club. She used to strike fear in the hearts of average simmers. LOL
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Jen1129Jen1129 Posts: 267 Member
    Jen1129 wrote: »
    Welcome back, Nesa :)

TY Jen. I hope all has been well with you. Are you still playing? 3 or 4 or both?

I still play 3. Well, mostly just build and decorate more than actually play the game. There's still so much that I haven't explored in 3 that it's still practically new to me! Which is a good thing because 4 hasn't appealed to me yet.

Hope all is well with you :)

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    Hello everyone, you can call me Mimi if you like I've been simming since I was eleven, I've played the sims on console (The sims, the sims bustin' out, Urbz) a couple hand held games, and The Sims for computer 1-4. I suppose in a way I'm odd, I've had my ups and downs with every comp game and I love each version for what it is, technically I'm currently play 2, 3, and 4. Though I'm in the middle of reinstalling everything to a new comp so I only have three at the moment, so nice to meet you all happy simming :smiley:
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    Welcome back, Nesa :)

TY Jen. I hope all has been well with you. Are you still playing? 3 or 4 or both?

I still play 3. Well, mostly just build and decorate more than actually play the game. There's still so much that I haven't explored in 3 that it's still practically new to me! Which is a good thing because 4 hasn't appealed to me yet.

Hope all is well with you :)

I understand. I'm having fun with 3 atm.

yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    Hello everyone, you can call me Mimi if you like I've been simming since I was eleven, I've played the sims on console (The sims, the sims bustin' out, Urbz) a couple hand held games, and The Sims for computer 1-4. I suppose in a way I'm odd, I've had my ups and downs with every comp game and I love each version for what it is, technically I'm currently play 2, 3, and 4. Though I'm in the middle of reinstalling everything to a new comp so I only have three at the moment, so nice to meet you all happy simming :smiley:

Very nice to meet you, Mimi. I am also rotating between 2, 3 and 4. Mostly 2 and 3 since 4 seems a litlte strange to me.

yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Simlover24Simlover24 Posts: 31 New Member
    Hi Nesa I'm Danielle I got interested in the Sims after seeing my cousin play the Sims 2 pets ever since then I've been a huge fan of the sims
    @ErnesaT Lol! Not fear! I do love getting new stuff for my game from the store. I think it's a "have to have it all to be complete" mentality, but also.. I love buying stuff on discount! ^.- I coupon in RL, too. Something about getting a deal just makes my heart happy. Weird... I know.
  • Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    hey, im madison.
    my cousin had sims 2 for ps2, im like wow thats cool, so I got sims 2 pets for the ps2, then went to get sims 3 on pc years later.
    Simlover24 wrote: »
    Hi Nesa I'm Danielle I got interested in the Sims after seeing my cousin play the Sims 2 pets ever since then I've been a huge fan of the sims

Nice to meet you Simlover24. Are you currently playing 2, 3, 4 or all?
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    Minx wrote: »
    @ErnesaT Lol! Not fear! I do love getting new stuff for my game from the store. I think it's a "have to have it all to be complete" mentality, but also.. I love buying stuff on discount! ^.- I coupon in RL, too. Something about getting a deal just makes my heart happy. Weird... I know.

You know you can get on the old Sims3 site and create a wish list of store items. My avi likes to ride through sometimes. She could really use the practice on aiming her gifting gun. It's been a while.

yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    @ErnesaT Hehe, I supposin' I could do that. =p Hard to though, because if I see something and I have the points I just... BUY IT!