Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 and OS X Yosemite (10.10)

2...Next

Comments

• JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Hello, I have a different issue with my iMAC Yosemite 10.10.2, i7 3770 3.4GHz 32GB Ram, Geforce GTX680MX. I have all Expansion pack of the sims 3 but it often says,"The sims 3 has stopped working" with NO CC at all. I really wish I could play the sims 3 on my IMac. Maybe do you know about this issue?
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    Hello, I have a different issue with my iMAC Yosemite 10.10.2, i7 3770 3.4GHz 32GB Ram, Geforce GTX680MX. I have all Expansion pack of the sims 3 but it often says,"The sims 3 has stopped working" with NO CC at all. I really wish I could play the sims 3 on my IMac. Maybe do you know about this issue?

Are you purging RAM regularly?

apple-signature.png
  • theletterathelettera Posts: 10 New Member
    Off topic haha, but I am so cautious about installing Yosemite since I have heard horror stories. Did you do a clean install? Sorry :P
    thelettera wrote: »
    Off topic haha, but I am so cautious about installing Yosemite since I have heard horror stories. Did you do a clean install? Sorry :P

Yosemite's great. I have it running on 3 Macs no problem. I'm running the 10.10.3 beta on my iMac and there are a few niggles but nothing awful. The wifi going on and off is rather irritating though!

I upgraded from Mavericks on all 3 but then installed a hybrid drive into my main 15" MBP so did a completely clean install. All fine.
    apple-signature.png
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    thelettera wrote: »

Only problem I had when I updated to Yosemite, was that I had to reinstall all my CC from the Store. Works like a dream now and I have the entire run of TS3. You still need to purge RAM, but that's ok.

Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Sa5mChristieSa5mChristie Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi I have a problem with The Sims 3 Into the Future expansion pack saying there is no disc to be found after it has loaded the menu, and when it's still in my Macbook. I had this issue before when I had Mavericks, so I went to The Sims 3 Uninstaller and uninstalled it, and waited to install it again for a while, by this time I had upgraded to Yosemite and completely forgot about why I had uninstalled it in the first place. But now it's happening again and I can't find the uninstaller now.
  • tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    The uninstaller didn't work for me at all after I installed ITF. You'll probably have to do a manual uninstall. Afterward, if you registered your game, you should be able to download and install ITF from Origin.
  • DanielleGamingDanielleGaming Posts: 1 New Member
    hi, i saw that your thing went successfully so i was hoping you could help me; my mac recently got the new OS X yosemite 10.10.3 update and since then my sims have stopped working, i tried a uninstall and re-installed it, but that had no effect. I have tried to fix it with support but once problem was solved another one came up. do you have any help?
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    What kind of Mac do you have? And the easiest fix is to move your Sims 3 folder to your desktop and then reinstall all your Store content, CC and mods.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    Okay thank you!
    Question: if I have my game registered, do I need the disc to play if I start the game through origin?
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > What kind of Mac do you have? And the easiest fix is to move your Sims 3 folder to your desktop and then reinstall all your Store content, CC and mods.

I have a Macbook Pro. I uninstalled ITF and reinstalled it but it keeps saying disc not found.
    edited May 2015
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > What kind of Mac do you have? And the easiest fix is to move your Sims 3 folder to your desktop and then reinstall all your Store content, CC and mods.

I have a Macbook Pro. I uninstalled ITF and reinstalled it but it keeps saying disc not found.

I answered this for you already: If your game is registered, you can download and install ITF from Origin. Then you will not need the disc to play, so it won't matter if your MBP can find it or not. Since your uninstaller isn't working, you will need to do a manual uninstall before you use Origin to install ITF.

@Tremayne4260 was speaking to @DanielleGaming.
  • Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    How do you force quit Sims 3 if it freezes? I cannot use windowed mode, as I am visually impaired.
    Uninstalling PROPERLY - http://bluebellflora.com/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

Playing without the disc - http://bluebellflora.com/disc-authorization-failure/

@Elf67 can you CMD + Tab to Finder and then Force Quit? Sometimes this isn't possible as the game freezes everything which is why windowed mode is recommended. Can you change the resolution?
    apple-signature.png
  • Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    I'll have to try that next time it freezes. My game rarely freezes once it actually starts (probably because I can't play very long, an hour and a half at most). Most of the freezes are during the start of the game (a problem that only seems to occur with the digital version-never had that problem with the disc version). Changing resolution doesn't help, the window makes everything too small and just impossible for me to play. It would be nice if someone would create one of those magnifiers like the ones they have for flat screen TVs for 13 inch laptops!
  • msarobixmsarobix Posts: 192 Member
    What kind of Mac do you have? And the easiest fix is to move your Sims 3 folder to your desktop and then reinstall all your Store content, CC and mods.

I recently tried this and it worked great to reinstall the game, but I just couldn't get my Store content reinstalled. No mater what I did, I continued to get an error. Any suggestions on how to fix this.
  • msarobixmsarobix Posts: 192 Member
    edited May 2015
    Elf67 wrote: »
    How do you force quit Sims 3 if it freezes? I cannot use windowed mode, as I am visually impaired.

I use "Command" "Option" "ESC" to force close.
    Elf67 wrote: »
    I'll have to try that next time it freezes. My game rarely freezes once it actually starts (probably because I can't play very long, an hour and a half at most). Most of the freezes are during the start of the game (a problem that only seems to occur with the digital version-never had that problem with the disc version). Changing resolution doesn't help, the window makes everything too small and just impossible for me to play. It would be nice if someone would create one of those magnifiers like the ones they have for flat screen TVs for 13 inch laptops!

@Elf67, can you use an adapter and an HDMI cable to hook your Mac up to a TV? Before my dog vomited on my Mac thereby shorting out that jack, I used to do that to watch movies and television since I don't have cable or dish. It definitely improved the experience of watching Downton Abbey, maybe it'll also make it possible for you to play TS3 in windowed mode?