March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Asylum Challenge

Comments

• SpookshowSpookshow Posts: 1,252 Member
    > @TetsuoShima said:
    > LemmyLouch wrote: »
    >
    > I'm totally gunna try this! So the challenge ends when you're free from the Asylum?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It ends when you complete the amount of aspirations you need depending on the difficulty. I suggest you start off on easy because you only need to complete 2 aspirations.

Okay I see, thanks. :)
    ALxIrdc.gif
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    @Mocajava yes, it includes all chairs.
    I am doing the easy difficulty and try to do this completely without any computer/television, all they have for fun is each other and books.
  • TetsuoShimaTetsuoShima Posts: 848 Member
    Fennadev wrote: »
    @Mocajava yes, it includes all chairs.
    I am doing the easy difficulty and try to do this completely without any computer/television, all they have for fun is each other and books.

My asylum had a cheap computer, but it just broke and I don't think I'll repair it.
    ~҉͝͏~́͘͘͞~̶͡~͏̧́͘~̡͜͢҉̴ ༄̸̛̛༅̛́͝҉༄̧͠͝༅̢͠༄̵̷̢̀༅̸̷̧͠͝༄̶̧ ̴̛͠༄͏́͏͏༅̵̵́͠͡=̵̧̕͞͞=̀͏̡͝≡̨͡=̵̨҉̶(•̀'_'•́メ)ა

Click here to randomize gifs.

I wrote this story.

a01IC.gif

All of my dragons.
    > @Fennadev said:
    > Mocajava yes, it includes all chairs.
    > I am doing the easy difficulty and try to do this completely without any computer/television, all they have for fun is each other and books.

I think I'll start on easy. I made my sims after the characters in Girl, Interrupted. :P :P
    ALxIrdc.gif
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Easy seemed a little too easy for my liking (mostly because I wanted some chaos, and despite things breaking a lot my housemates tended to behave themselves). So I switched to medium and on my first day at my job the only toilet broke immediately after i left. So 8 hours without a working toilet...it wasn't pretty. One of my housemates died, I'm not sure from embarrassment or from being too dirty, but Grimmy came and got him and then hung out to troll teh forums on my computer. The ghost now shows up occasionally to levitate the bathtub and break it :p
    > @MocaJava said:
    > Easy seemed a little too easy for my liking (mostly because I wanted some chaos, and despite things breaking a lot my housemates tended to behave themselves). So I switched to medium and on my first day at my job the only toilet broke immediately after i left. So 8 hours without a working toilet...it wasn't pretty. One of my housemates died, I'm not sure from embarrassment or from being too dirty, but Grimmy came and got him and then hung out to troll teh forums on my computer. The ghost now shows up occasionally to levitate the bathtub and break it :p

Haha that's quite funny. :) Yeah, I think I may change to medium shortly too. All of my Sims hate eachother! :P
    ALxIrdc.gif
    MocaJava wrote: »
    Easy seemed a little too easy for my liking (mostly because I wanted some chaos, and despite things breaking a lot my housemates tended to behave themselves). So I switched to medium and on my first day at my job the only toilet broke immediately after i left. So 8 hours without a working toilet...it wasn't pretty. One of my housemates died, I'm not sure from embarrassment or from being too dirty, but Grimmy came and got him and then hung out to troll teh forums on my computer. The ghost now shows up occasionally to levitate the bathtub and break it :p

Yeah, I don't think my asylum's toilet is working either. I haven't checked on it, but it seems like my sims have stop using it. My main sim actually peed on the urn of my sim who died.
    ~҉͝͏~́͘͘͞~̶͡~͏̧́͘~̡͜͢҉̴ ༄̸̛̛༅̛́͝҉༄̧͠͝༅̢͠༄̵̷̢̀༅̸̷̧͠͝༄̶̧ ̴̛͠༄͏́͏͏༅̵̵́͠͡=̵̧̕͞͞=̀͏̡͝≡̨͡=̵̨҉̶(•̀'_'•́メ)ა

I wrote this story.

a01IC.gif

All of my dragons.
    I made this video.
    https://youtu.be/T10D0k69hnY

I wrote this story.

a01IC.gif

All of my dragons.
    > @TetsuoShima said:
    > I made this video.

Ha. That's cool. :)
    ALxIrdc.gif
    LemmyLouch wrote: »

> @TetsuoShima said:
    > I made this video.

Ha. That's cool. :)

Thanks!

I wrote this story.

a01IC.gif

All of my dragons.
  • Hashtag Sparkle-CupcakesHashtag Sparkle-Cupcakes Posts: 1 New Member
    What do we do if our unplayable sims get promoted?
    This is getting boring. My sim wants to be a public enemy, but he's losing enemies. He's down to only one.

I wrote this story.

a01IC.gif

All of my dragons.
  • Pia SimsPia Sims Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi Nick , thank you very much for the challenge. yesterday i was looking for something new to my game and I found this post , i edited the challenge to use the expacion GET TO WORK and added some things that will make my game more fun ; all the challence is in spanish :C, so if you read spanish wellcome to my blog
    I cant do this without telling you , so I hope you understand , all creators have credits .

btw: excuse me about my english but i just speak spanish

well i dont know how can i put img, so if you want tweet me @pialovesims

Bye !
  • rmetcalfermetcalfe Posts: 3 New Member
    This might not be allowed but oh well
    I made my main sim and 6 other sims then i made my main sim get pregnant (she is pregnant now) so the baby will be the seventh sim
    Just started challenge i added darth vader and he hates my alien sim :neutral:
  • amberrosalieamberrosalie Posts: 2 New Member
    I just started the challenge today and I have two questions! C:

1) Are we allowed to buy better stuff with our money (eg: beds, oven, computer, toilet, etc)?

2) And is the 'cheapest' furniture supposed to be the base game stuff only or whatever is the cheapest with whichever pack you have installed?
  • AestheticSimmeeAestheticSimmee Posts: 1 New Member
    I started this challenge today, it's been very interesting and things are breaking everyday, but no one is dead yet.
    So, I am wondering about what to do if I go on the game and somebody is out with the rest of the asylum, because it happened into me and I sent him home immediately.
    And relationships.
    Can people get engaged or married?
    Also, can I use the points to make my sim never weary?
  • wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    Just found out about this challenge earlier today on a youtube video. I just finished making my sims and built my asylum, I'm excited to see how this turns out. B) I made 1 evil, 2 others mean, 2 others romantic, 2 hot-heads, 1 slob and 1 squeamish. I have a feeling my squeamish is going to die off first, lol.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Selenaxoxo Selenaxoxo Posts: 1 New Member
    I love this challenge!
    I have a few questions regarding the challenge:

What do we do when our sim finishes the aspiration?
    Do they move out of the house and we can play as another sim in the asylum?
    Or do we keep playing as the same sim and ditch the asylum?
  • niecee4niecee4 Posts: 86 Member
    Started this challenge! Uploaded my Asylum sims to the gallery! Origin ID: niecee4
  • GobstoppedGobstopped Posts: 510 Member
    I've just published my first chapter for this challenge! Check it out if you've got a spare moment, links in my signature :)
    Has anyone else attempted to narrate their progress like I have?
    ygOHaMn.png
  • queloryquelory Posts: 4 New Member
    Just started this challenge today. Spent ages building the asylum though.
    Playing at easy first, will see how it goes.
    Hey guys! So I'm starting my Asylum challenge really soon on my channel but we need your help! Please take a look at the following thread:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837099/the-asylum-needs-your-help#latest
    Thanks. :) Much appreciated.
    ALxIrdc.gif
  • wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    edited June 2015
    So I have 2 questions!
    1. Am I allowed to use my woodworking station to craft more furniture? My sim's handiness is getting up there with all the repairing of.. well everything.
    2. Am I allowed to use the career reward items, if they exceed my number of skill items, or do I have to use it as a replacement for one? My main's currently a painter and got an easel from a promotion, so I'm not clear on if I'm allowed to just use it or if I have to replace the one I already have.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
    I've reached a stalemate with this challenge, and I'm considering giving up and doing a different challenge.

I wrote this story.

a01IC.gif

All of my dragons.
  • queloryquelory Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm kind of in a stale mate position as well. Been trying for hours to get my Sim to be focused so she can play video games while focused. It activates via chess board fine but I can't never seem to get the "focused" emotion to be a primary one.

I am also curious if I can craft more chairs etc.

Edit: Problem solved, just had to make her happy.

Some tips I've found from previous challenges to be useful and to be working well right now.

1. Don't start working right away with your main. Garden grapes. Once you get them amped, they're good money makers. Obviously, you want all your other crazies working the criminal career.

2. Paint. While you can't (I believe) hang paintings with emotional aura on the wall, my Sims seem to be more happy with some paintings on the wall.

3. Level up handiness like mad. Fixing things becomes super fast. Also gives you good amount of spare parts which you can sell in case it's needed.

4. Now proceed with completing aspirations..
    Post edited by quelory on