Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis Island AKA Sims 1 revisited.... Final!!!!! link in second post

Comments

• flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    @17mars If you can please check the venues except the tomb I am running into trouble with it and need to rework it. and anything else you can think of. I did change the two resorts that you could not check into and they seem to be working properly now.

@bekkasan - just have fun and explore check the different houses and venues see how they are working please.
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• 17mars17mars Posts: 263 Member
    I did almost a whole sim year today (phew!) I had few error messages from Overwatch. Only two stuck sims in a year. A couple stuck wild horses and one stuck dog. That's pretty amazing! I kept checking where the cars might be but never found any. I don't think that is a real issue. I did have the sims visit most of the venues but I'm sure I might have missed some.
    I think you're nearly good to go!
  • simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    Oh my goodness! I am speechless. I cant express how awesome this is!! What a tremendously beautifully awesome world you are creating. I have so bookmarked this page.

index_zpsinm3hvvt.jpg

<3 it!!!
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Morning, I just had one weird routing thing and I don't know if it is significant or not. I sent my Sim from Maxis Island Nature Trail Park to visit Maxis Island Beach Park which is fairly close by. She took a taxi to Sim Central Park Station, got out at Maxis Public Library Station, took a taxi to the beach, went down the right side into the water, around the pier, goes up the steps on the left side pier, into the pier store. Just seems a little convoluted to get from one to the other especially the routing at the beach with going into the water before ending at the store. I'm not sure if it is designed to use the closest station as I've never played the world with the stations. Not a fan of cities :) I sent her back to the Nature Park and she went straight there via taxi from the store spot. I then sent her back to the beach and she used the same long route. I sent her home and she went straight home via taxi I sent her back from home at gunter goth and she took the long route. I sent her over the the Bear Resort which is further away and then sent her back and she used the Old Town Quarter Station and taxis to get to the lot and still goes into the water before going up to the store.

The bridge at the Wren's Fens National Park...she is able to walk across it when directed to use stairs, otherwise if you have her stand at the stairs, click the other side with go to she goes all the way around the little building to get to the other side. I had her fish and she fished from the bridge which I really liked seeing. :) She did sink into the stair a bit going up then, but, didn't get stuck and it didn't stop the action.

I've been getting Nraas reports of stuck horses, but no pic of the wild horses so haven't find where they are getting stuck. I will put SP in today and turn off overwatch reset and hopefully be able to find them and see if it is going to be a problem.

I had a problem with one of the houses and forgot to write the name down so I'll have to let you know about this latter. My brain is just to old to remember without writing it down...started with a k though. LOL I was going to reboot the game just in case it was just an issue with the game running for awhile and recheck, but, was tired so quit. I'm also going to have her buy the house, rather than cheat to get in it and that may make a difference also.
    edited May 2015
    Hi Just letting you know the house is fine. My sim just wouldn't stay in it as someone owned it and they were not home. I was tired and just didn't figure that out last night. :) It was the Kilgore house. I did find when I bought it that she won't use the front door when I send her home. She goes to the back door. I did set the front as front, but, still went to the back. I had her give a party and everyone came to the back door.

I'm still getting the unroutable sims and found that they are getting stuck on the large bridge that has the green spans and the large arches. I've got one horse that keeps sinking with his back legs and a food two service sims that just wont move, stomps feet, but they are not sunk like the horse. They are getting stuck in the sidewalk areas. The road seems fine. I've driven it and watched cars go by as I've watched the horse and sims.

edited to put in the name of the house.

PS: I just went to the firing range. Totally cool. I want a gun!!! :::sighs and sets out to hunt for more mods and cc:::
    Post edited by bekkasan on
    @bekkasan Which house are you talking about? there is no lot called kilgore, what is the lot address? I did figure out the problem with the beach and have hopefully got that fixed. Yeah that suspension bridge is always a big problem, thank you again for all the great feedback
    NewSig.jpg

ah...sorry that was the name of the sim in the house. The house is at 59 Ingleside Dr. I especially love the front with the statuary and steps and fountains. I'd have to buy that one and evict Mr. Kilgore...well....technically I did with my tester, but, I put him back when I moved to the next house. :)
    I did find at the Landgraab Mall the floor in the changing rooms is still grass. I love how you did the windows so sims can window shop as they walk by the mall. :) You have a great imagination.
    I didn't have any problems with the suspension bridge, it was a prime suspect for me in search of the Overwatch reported vehicles, but I'll go back in and push it a little and see what happens. Unfortunately, I won't have free time to do any testing until Tuesday.
  • ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    I'm done with school! Time to sim!

Lots to love about your world to be sure. I had a question about this house on 7 Sim Lane. It's beautiful, but it doesn't look a thing like Bob and Betty Newbie's house.
    7%20Sim%20Lane_zpsbbwqkugj.jpg
    edited May 2015
    @Clayworld Yes I know it does not look like their house. As I said in an earlier post I do not have lots 1-10 in any of my original Sims 1 saves so I decided to add my 10 most favorite builds I did in that old game instead of hunting on-line pics of those houses, I hope that it is not too much of a distraction for the look

@17mars I thank you for the comments! The only other place I can think of may be the two lighted bridges going over to the military/wharf district I wonder if the rocks may be causing a slight routing issue.
    NewSig.jpg

edited May 2015
    No problem, I'll just swap them out. They're in nutmegger's world and other places. You can get the original neighborhoods for sims 1 online, but don't worry about it, I bet you're done. If you do tweak it in CAW again, scooting 7 Sims Lane closer to the Highway intersection would make for better placement (it should be facing the other way), but it's not really a big deal.
    Screenshot-272_zpsiee5vq2t.jpg
    edited May 2015
    @Clayworld I will take a look at those, thank you! To be honest I wanted to add these lots so I had a good head start for me to recreate my entire Sims 1 neighborhood 2 that I rebuilt in the Sims 1, I think the only lot that is still original is McArthur Square and maybe one or two others.

MyOldtown.png
    NewSig.jpg

I'm not considering it a real issue anyway. I had your world fully populated, as I mentioned before, and had just two stuck sims, two stuck horses and one stuck dog in a whole sim year (40 days). I get that in a single night in some EA neighborhoods. As far as I'm concerned - your world is golden!
    edited May 2015
    If you want to add them, that would be great, but it's not too hard to find replacements. They don't always fit exactly though, nutmegger's Mashuga house is 40 X 40, won't fit where it belongs on 9 Sim Lane, so I put it at 10. Aesthetically, the Sims 1 houses are much smaller and the whole neighborhood was pretty spread out, big lots, small houses. Sims 3 houses tend to be very grand and really fill up the lots.

Here's a link that has some of the original Sims 1 houses: http://ts1depot.hfguide.net/houses/maxis_index.html

I'm pretty sure that there are others, but I don't have them handy. The link above should help get you started if that's what you want to do. Don't worry about it if you don't want to fuss with it though.
    Post edited by Clayworld on
    edited May 2015
    Yes I would be interested as I was trying to recreate the original game. I will get on that right away and hopefully should not take to long to get them all in I do have the lots from LadySimplayer8's sims1derland and could use them as well, I will have to find nutmegger's world and look at that as well I can always change the size of the lots in CAW to fit those into the right spots. So what I may do then if I do change these lots is to place the lots that I already have into my studio as an alternate choice for those who would like them
    Post edited by flstrider on
    NewSig.jpg

I'd love to see what you come up with. Here's a link with pictures that might help: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/2_Sim_Lane#2_Sim_Lane

I especially loved 6 Sim lane, such a darling little house, I'd always put an old couple in it. Of course in Sims 1, we didn't really have elders.
    simechoes.org/simechoes1/maxis/homes/homes.html I just found this site that has all of the original lots if you would like to add that to your bookmarks...... Off to do some recreating!!! Thank you again and just know that these lots may be changed slightly like I did with 66 Gunter Goth Hwy
    NewSig.jpg

Thanks for the great site. I'm looking forward to what you create. I love all the recreations you've made so far in the world.
    edited June 2015
    ***** EDIT******

After sitting here today building all 10 of the new shells for the original lots I just am not feeling it at all so I think I will scrap the original lots and leave what I have done already. One day I may come back and rework that area but I just not happy with the way the shells have turned out at all. I have a couple of things left to check and 2 dive lots to complete and I will be working on those here the next couple of days. More as the work continues......
    Post edited by flstrider on
    NewSig.jpg

edited June 2015
    Personally, I love what is there. I didn't play Sims1 so I don't have any of those heart strings to tug. I just think the world is awesome and you have been able to use the venues so they are actually in the world, not just sitting in my library cause there is no room for them. :)

On the testing side of things.
    The Spooktacular Spot bar...the mixologist was just stamping her feet when I got inside the building. She couldn't get to the bar. I saw where you had left a wall up behind the side wall, so opened that up and she was happy as a clam and fixed my sim a lovely flaming pink drink. :) So that works, if you want to put that on your edit list. :)
    The MPSC Gym, couple of buildings are empty and wasn't sure if that was on purpose for the user to fix up or for you to do later when time permits so thought I would just mention it.
    No other finds or issues and will go back in game later today. I'm going to give her enuff cash to buy the castle...dying to check that out.
    @bekkasan when you get the castle I must warn you that there are secrets in there so make sure your sim is prepared! I built that for a ZooU challenge in the creative corner and Zoo loves puzzles so there are many there and remember the wrong turn could lead to trouble!
    NewSig.jpg

oh...cool. I like puzzles! :::gets out her detective hat and coat::::
    So with not being real happy with the way the original lots were turning out I have decided to go back to the lots that I have completed and also make a "Build it Yourself" version of this world as well. The "BiY" version will contain most of the rabbit holes that are currently in the world but the remaining lots will be empty. The "BiY" world should be ready soon. More as the work continues......
    NewSig.jpg

edited June 2015
    flstrider wrote: »
    ***** EDIT******

After sitting here today building all 10 of the new shells for the original lots I just am not feeling it at all so I think I will scrap the original lots and leave what I have done already. One day I may come back and rework that area but I just not happy with the way the shells have turned out at all. I have a couple of things left to check and 2 dive lots to complete and I will be working on those here the next couple of days. More as the work continues......

Don't sweat it. I'll make it work with other Maxis builds. You've done plenty already.
    Post edited by Clayworld on
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    Clayworld wrote: »
    flstrider wrote: »
    ***** EDIT******

Don't sweat it. I'll make it work with other Maxis builds. You've done plenty already.
    That's what I'm doing, making extremely accurate Maxis lots.

in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top