Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does your house look?

Comments

• SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Thank you, @pax1sw It took me a couple hours to build that one. :3 I don't normally put a pond of my lots because I normally don't have the room. XD (IE, the Desaline Mansion)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @Simasaurus09 I love the area your house is located the home fits that spot really well.It is pretty,I want to live there in real life.Although I would miss my woodland creatures and beach critters are ugly. :'( A pet crab just does not sound as cute as a squirrel.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @Karritz bonus points for mining on your home property. :D I love leaving holes in my yard too but your house looks secluded and you can dig at night.If I dig in my yard half of Sunset Valley wants to kill me.And Judy Bunch lives across the street and she just looks angry anyway.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @CravenLestat - I've noticed that you have your sims build thier houses like I've been doing in my town legacy challenge games.
    @everybody -I love the variety of the house designs you've all shown.
    Here's what my Jankowskys in Evermore Falls,Maine are living in.It's on the largest size of lot and they're building it though they had to put the building on hold for the winter.It started out as an empty lot and they camped out there most nights though they used the facilities at Garden House.
    18220092071_2bde500ef2_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    pretty bad.
    a small 2 bed 1 bath house with 4 people and 3 dogs. yikes.
    @TadOlson That's a cool idea. :3 Is that a little gremlin in your photo with red eyes?
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    @Julie101 Lol, that does sound bad. But it also sounds somewhat manageable... Maybe... XD
    I FINALLY FINISHED BUILDING MY HOME!!!!!!! ^-^ AREN'T YOU PROUD OF ME? ONLY TOOK ME 13 HOURS!
    I'll post some pictures later. I might take some tonight and upload them tomorrow. :3
    Now to create Gwendolyn Thorne, the sim who will be living there. :3 This might be another hour or so...
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2015
    Lovely house SilentWolf (I missed it the first time, you posted it just before me). Is the vegetable garden where the sprinklers are?
    pax1sw wrote: »
    Very nice house, SilentWolf. :) I almost always put a pond on my lots somewhere, love the atmosphere they provide.

Your picturesque Dragon Valley houses are perfect for that world, JoAnne. Do you love Dragon Valley as much as I do?
    Your house reminded me of my own gardens btw haha. Yes, I love the celtic atmosphere there and it also plays very nice because it's kind of compact in a way. I love to take my sims to those little islands, some spots are amazing.

I must say some worlds are a bit limiting where it comes to building houses by the way. I feel you can't really build any kind of house you want in Monte Vista for instance because of the theme and the same thing goes for Dragon Valley. But I loved to go all medieval building those houses ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
    @JoAnne65 Lol, yes, it's where the sprinklers are. You can always tell where my garden is because it has the fence around it, normally that gothic looking fence. :3 I'll post some pics of mine today. :)
    I just have to finish building the town around it before I start to play. XD
    @BlackSand those houses are beautiful! They almost look like the kinds of houses somebody would put on Island Paradise. :3
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Thanks :) I love the houses shown btw. Seeing other people's houses always makes me realize I have to start paying a little more attention to the gardens of my houses.... That's the hardest part for me, I usually just throw in some bushes and trees :D

Landscaping is like anything else building.

At first you don't care ... Then you fret about what should go where and why.
    Sooner or later you figure out what you are doing and just put things where they naturally go.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    edited May 2015
    Currently I am building a small house (based on a photo of a real house) for my sim and I am yet to refurbish it. Struggling with the style :P
    tumblr_non36a2Xqp1unxm84o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_non36a2Xqp1unxm84o5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

@moonandsixpens Your house looks pretty modern and cool. :) Though I can't say that it's my style - I personally prefer more of the victoorian houses. :3 Lol.
  • moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    edited May 2015
    @moonandsixpens Your house looks pretty modern and cool. :) Though I can't say that it's my style - I personally prefer more of the victoorian houses. :3 Lol.

I like all kinds of styles but I don't know how to build the "traditional" style houses such as tudor/victorian etc. I do enjoy watching photos of them and having my sims living in them ;)

PS: It seems that I don't know how to build houses with non-flat roofs if you know what I mean lol
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited May 2015
    this is my current legacy house I uploaded at TSR. It has no cc but has store items and a lot of eps. I note the cc version if you want the cc. I also noted that if downloaded you would have to remove the fencing I put around the garden its too close to the plants so sometimes you cant water the plants. It worked at first when I tested but decided it did not want to work anymore

http://thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-lots-residential/title/mushroom-house-/id/1284177/

2dd5d2d3-18a2-4a3f-bec9-0da82ddf39b0_zpsadb3e1db.jpg

4ac71524-0261-4251-bc56-da054c651c74_zpsf6e718a8.jpg

b7fbc1f8-d563-4537-9467-a46ab2c1b2b7_zps2e28226d.jpg

036eccaf-72fa-47e2-87da-4ab168fb0c97_zpsb3fc439f.jpg

af33932e-d642-45e2-b6a8-a0766bbfa906_zpsb142e8a8.jpg

d94c635b-7ad0-42d9-b2ff-9677dc01bec9_zpsf4042b84.jpg

f5957dc2-5536-40f8-925d-8dbcfe763544_zps3ab18a7a.jpg

fdb2bdd9-fd35-46f3-9bb3-3685f705fdb9_zps9f08de83.jpg

f1591abb-0b4c-41cf-ab43-a51d0b91b010_zps1143760f.jpg

8050f753-b06b-45ec-add1-9023cb421490_zps090e2a83.jpg
    @BlackSand those houses are beautiful! They almost look like the kinds of houses somebody would put on Island Paradise. :3

Meh ... Island Paradise was a little laggy for me.

So ... I built dive lots and converted most of the public/private lots in Sunset Valley to be a Tropical Paradise.
    But that would be another thread ... The beach houses work well in the waterfront conversion.

House%20005_zpsiaezcsou.jpg

They are also bigger than they look.
    The upstairs has 2-3 bedrooms (some have a nursery that can handle twins), 2.5 Baths, study/library, living room, kitchen and dining room.
    The buildings in the center on the ground level are small apartments for a rebellious teenager or mother-in-law (bedroom, living area and full bath).

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2015
    BlackSand wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Thanks :) I love the houses shown btw. Seeing other people's houses always makes me realize I have to start paying a little more attention to the gardens of my houses.... That's the hardest part for me, I usually just throw in some bushes and trees :D

Landscaping is like anything else building.

At first you don't care ... Then you fret about what should go where and why.
    Sooner or later you figure out what you are doing and just put things where they naturally go.

Your first lot has a beautiful garden! I for instance love what you did with the swimming pool. It's really a part of the complete picture (in fact at first I thought it was a pond). And it suits the modern character of the house perfectly.

I think my main problem is that when I build houses I focus on the house first (all fresh and inspired) and then I start decorating the interior. And I can already see my sims living there, which is why building is so addicitve and takes hours. And then, in the end, there's that green space surrounding my house but at that point I can't wait putting my sims in there and start playing and that's why I don't allow myself the time anymore I guess. I often think 'I'll fix that later, when they live there, and incorporate it in the story'. And then I never do :p
    But you're right of course. It may be a good idea to close the game after finishing the house and then create the garden later in a seperate session.

I love that beach house character of the second house.
    5JZ57S6.png
    @moonandsixpens Lol, I suck at modern houses. XD
    @phoebebebe13 Your house looks beautiful! It looks like the kind of house that would be added in supernatural for the fairies! ^-^
    @BlackSand Ah, makes sense. I don't have Island Paradise installed, so I can't really say the same. :\ Still, they're beautiful!
    @JoAnne65 Yeah, I kind of do the same thing. I build the house, then I furnish it, add a pool, add a space for a garden, maybe a driveway, then I'm done with a bunch of green. But not with this new house! Which, by the way, I'm going to be putting up pictures for right now. :) 13 hours of hard work, and it looks great! (To me, anyways)
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @silentwolf101 thanks ! it is a fairy house in moonlight falls. All my lots uploaded to TSR are more fantasy lots
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I was going to call out to houses and lots that I really like but realized I would be naming just about everyone. So I'll just say fantastic builds everyone. I've gotten some great ideas for some of my future ones from y' all.
    @JoAnne65 Yeah, I kind of do the same thing. I build the house, then I furnish it, add a pool, add a space for a garden, maybe a driveway, then I'm done with a bunch of green. But not with this new house! Which, by the way, I'm going to be putting up pictures for right now. :) 13 hours of hard work, and it looks great! (To me, anyways)

That might be where y'all get off track with building houses and landscaping.

I build houses from the outside to the inside.
    I get a general idea how I want the outside to look ... Build the frame or shell, separate the interior with rooms.
    I "finish" the exterior before I ever decorate the interior.

But no worries ... I have built a ton of houses and remodeled or fixed most of EA's disastrous houses.
    The best thing to me about building is that it becomes easier the more you do.
    It used to take me hours/days to build a house ... Then you get to a point where you know what works and can bust them out in a hour or so.