Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will the Sims 4 go to iPad?

Hi All,

This seems to be a big topic at the moment. What are your thoughts on Sims 4 going to an iPad version?
Aussie_Simmer

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    TS4 is not going to iPad, nor an iPad can handle the game nor Expansions what are you talking about?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Sims 4 can become touch friendly for Surface pro but not the ipad. The surface is a full PC and Sims runs nicely on it except it is not touch friendly
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    Sims Freeplay is meant for mobile devices like tablets and phones. An iPad and most, if not no, tablets have the power to run such intensive games. Maybe, maybe the Surface Pro higher end tablet can do it. Even laptops have a hard time once they add expansions.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    it wont' be going to MY iPad.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    Would that not be extremely tedious to play?
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Since they did that with Sims 3, I can see it happening again with Sims 4. I will not be playing either version.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    Most likely not. Tablets, iPads, or smart phones do not have enough power to run it.

The only tablet-type of computer that is capable of running the Sims 4 is Microsoft's Surface, Acer's Switches, Asus's Transformers, Lenovo's Yoga tablets and Yoga laptops, because they are a touch-screen version of Windows, with full capabilities of a regular PC.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Does the IPad version come with toddlers?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2015

It probably won't even have sims, maybe just a plumbob rotating over and over. Because it's too expensive. ;)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    Its all EAs plan to move to the Ipad. Can't you tell by the recent trends in this game which ironicly can be run on a toaster. So I iPad could run it on ultra.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I hope so, I need to throw my money at Ea!!!!!
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

It probably won't even have sims, maybe just a plumbob rotating over and over. Because it's too expensive. ;)

Yet it will cost loads to play and people will buy it because 'it has The Sims on it'
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    That would be one VERY Expensive iPad.
  • joseiloaizachjoseiloaizach Posts: 298 Member
    TS4 is not going to iPad, nor an iPad can handle the game nor Expansions what are you talking about?
    Sims 4 can become touch friendly for Surface pro but not the ipad. The surface is a full PC and Sims runs nicely on it except it is not touch friendly
    KatsKats wrote: »
    Sims Freeplay is meant for mobile devices like tablets and phones. An iPad and most, if not no, tablets have the power to run such intensive games. Maybe, maybe the Surface Pro higher end tablet can do it. Even laptops have a hard time once they add expansions.
    Most likely not. Tablets, iPads, or smart phones do not have enough power to run it.

The only tablet-type of computer that is capable of running the Sims 4 is Microsoft's Surface, Acer's Switches, Asus's Transformers, Lenovo's Yoga tablets and Yoga laptops, because they are a touch-screen version of Windows, with full capabilities of a regular PC.

Do you even realize that he is asking if EA will launch a mobile/iPad version? :#

They did it with TS3 and TS3 Ambitions.
    SWB%2BBanner%2BForums.png

♦ Origin ID: joseiloaizach
    ♦ Blog: simwillbuild.blogspot.com
    ♦ Twitter: twitter.com/SimWillBuild
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited May 2015
    Wouldn't surprise me to see Sims 5 designed from the ground up for mobile devices.

That's my fear: the Maxis 'solution' will be to further 'optimize' the game, until even the cheapest Kindle can run it at max settings.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited May 2015
    I'd like to know when the PC version will be released......
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Obviously, it would be a version of Sims 4, not the same code. But it would be interesting to see if they can pull it off in terms of the gaming market. IPad device sales aren't on the rise. A full-scale Freeplay phone app revamp, possibly redesigned to use the Retina screen better, would probably give better payback on the development than a tablet-only game.

Here's something I don't know: Is Freeplay iOS only, or also Android?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

Do you even realize that he is asking if EA will launch a mobile/iPad version? :#

If you already have TS3 do you have to pay for the app for your ipad?
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member

It is on Android, iOS, and I also think Windows Mobile as well.

Windows Mobile version is a bit... Watered down than Android or iOS.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member

Ta. So they've got a basis to play from for an improved Android tablet version too, then.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

If you already have TS3 do you have to pay for the app for your ipad?

Yes, because it's a different game.

Windows Phone* (I have one).

I deleted the game after completing 5 objectives. :#

• CharityHopeCharityHope Posts: 570 Member
    I'd like to know when the PC version will be released......

*applauds*
    Just a quick question, what do people think of apps in general? I am not talking about Sim apps but actual apps. I hate them myself
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top