Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• Options
    CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    @Lydiaa88 Congrats on reaching the next Era! :) And yes, once a new Era kicks in, the rules for that Era apply to all Sims in the household, so they may get married :)
    @Sonshine77 Pools are allowed, so they could go swimming. I believe swimming gives fun.
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    Lydiaa88Lydiaa88 Posts: 173 Member
    @Cloudseeker Awesome. I'm not gonna record for a bit. I got some backlog until Tuesday. Baby James broke into the new Era and I have 33,000 or so left over after building their house.
  • Options
    @Lydiaa88 Very nice :) And if you are moving your Ancestors out, just make sure you are able to get your hands on their urns when they pass away, so that one of their direct descendants in the Modern Era can meet their ghost. I don't know how it is with Sims dying outside the active household, if their urns disappear or something.

Oh, and just in case you forgot, you are allowed to visit any World for the purpose of collecting things that only spawn in that World :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    @Cloudseeker I moved some of the children out.. I kept Lily and Isaac in the legacy household. I move out.. Cato, Lucias and Mila.

EDIT!: ALSO! Ep 22 is up.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Ep 23 and 24 are going up shortly. If I don't post them now I probably will forget.

EDIT: I am also not going to record anything until after the build of the house goes up so you all can tell me if any changes need to be made.
    Post edited by Lydiaa88 on
  • Options
    Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    Ok, I have some pics of some earth or rock ovens, but I can't post them. What you would need to do if you want to see the pics, is go to Flickr.com and look up Sonshine7707 and look at the oven pics there.
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity here, how many posts do I need to make to be able to post pics?
  • Options
    @Sonshine77 You need 30 posts and 50 points, if I remember correctly.
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Thanks Cloudseeker! Another question, is there a reason I can't get to the Gallery right now? I've tried everything and it just is not accessible right now, at least to me. Oh and how do I get points?
  • Options
    @Sonshine77 I'm not at my gaming computer at the moment, so I cannot see if I am able to access the Gallery. But, on the topic of points; you get them by earning badges as well as when people Like/LOL your posts.
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    OK, thanks!
  • Options
    Okay the end of the era and the house are up on YouTube :3
  • Options
    @Lydiaa88 I just watched your housebuilding video, and it looks very nice! I am utterly envious of your ability to build good-looking houses, I wish I was half as good :) I did notice you placing a computer there at the end, I assume you are not using the notebook mod then?

Anyway, I am very much looking forward to seeing how the rest goes for you!
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    @Cloudseeker I had it a while ago and I noticed it slowing down my game so I took it out. I also have a door-locking mod that I am going to use to lock the door whenever I don't need people in there which is mainly why the computer is alone, I may download it again and try it again. I cleared out CC. If I do, I will redo that room most likely.
  • Options
    @Lydiaa88 Huh, that is very weird that it would slow down your game, I can't think of a reason why it should. But if you go without the mod, that's fine as well. Just keep any mischievous Sims from doing anything but writing on it :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    SimmerPTSimmerPT Posts: 128 Member
    Hi! This seems such a great challenge. It is so much more interesting than the Legacy Challenge, as you can explore much more of the gameplay.
    I´ve just started a youtube channel and soon I will be starting posting some let´s plays. This is probably going to be one of the featured challenges in it.
    cpbbxqP.png
    Origin ID:badana90
    Blog:simmerptstories.wordpress.com/
    Youtube Channel:Simmer Pt
    Let's Play:The Drifter Challenge House 003
  • Options
    @SimmerPT Very nice, I'll look forward to it :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    Del Rey SimmerDel Rey Simmer Posts: 10 New Member
    @ Cloudseeker hi i restarted the challenge on my youtube since i had to reinstall my game etc. uploading part 1 now and i have pre-recorded part three and the game crashed urghh but i have a question if one of the 5 sims you get pregnant has multiples do u have to keep and the children in the household becuase there wouldnt be enpugh room for the next generation until the founders had died ??????
  • Options
    If one of the 5 sims you get pregnant has multiples do u have to keep and the children in the household?
    No, they do not need to stay in the household. As it says in the Challenge-Wide Rules, any Sim can be moved out at any time, but if they do, they can never move back in, and can't contribute to any goals.
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    @ Cloudseeker hi i restarted the challenge on my youtube since i had to reinstall my game etc. uploading part 1 now and i have pre-recorded part three and the game crashed urghh but i have a question if one of the 5 sims you get pregnant has multiples do u have to keep and the children in the household becuase there wouldnt be enpugh room for the next generation until the founders had died ??????

If your game is crashing, I would look towards CC. That is usually what causes it.
  • Options
    Off to create more backlog for the series. This shall be fun.
  • Options
    BalladeerBalladeer Posts: 15 New Member
    Soooo, prehistoric times is (are?) finished! The Angler Fish over 1500 was finally captured and all the goals have been reached:
    - Jack got lvl 10 fishing, gardening and handiness
    - The 60k income was easily managed with this much fishing (I think I caugt over 40k in Sturgeon alone)
    - Only 1 sim died (Jack, the original Prehistoric man) and he died a natural death
    - Jack had 6 children (Matt, Andrea, Lisa, Timon, Craig and Esme) with 5 different women (Jaime, Kenna, Ergen, Summer and Tee)

By now Esme has a son (Ivan), so into Early Civilization, lets build a home for our family, instead of some tree/tent/campfire spot :)
    Some challenge wide goals were reached too in prehistory:
    - Gather 150k in 1 age (not sure how much I made, but I got over 150k cash now)
    - 3 collections were completed: Frogs, Fossils and Metals - 7 left to go

The gold medals on the party seem the furthest away,1 birthday was gold, the rest was silver at best, so there is something left to win there.
  • Options
    @Cloudseeker About the computer I put in the house, I downloaded the door locking Mod and locked the door for all sims so whenever they aren't writing those pesky sims and their free will won't go play games or anything.
  • Options
    @Lydiaa88 Very well :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    My sims has a wedding and someone dies in their pool... what the heck sims..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top