Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    I just found out wordpress has an app. For when you're in bed at night but still want to write. Lol.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited May 2015
    @aroseinbloom your avatar is so pretty! Sorry, just had to say that. :)

@friendsfan367 I don't think you can delete a post, but you can edit. Hover over a post, look at the top right for a gear to pop up, and click on that to edit. You can then just delete the text then. (I'm on a computer not mobile by the way) :)

i didn't think so.
  • aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member

Thanks! That's my Simself all dressed up for a party she's not having because I can't write her blog post because I'm stuck and it's annoying. lol
    edited May 2015
    i think the house is on my page now.

@friendsfan367 I don't think you can delete a post, but you can edit. Hover over a post, look at the top right for a gear to pop up, and click on that to edit. You can then just delete the text then. (I'm on a computer not mobile by the way) :)

i didn't think so.

Yes!!

If you go to the WP admin page and click on posts, you'll get a list of your post. Click the check mark and then go to the top drop down where it says Bulk Actions ---> move to trash!
    @aroseinbloom Oh no! You're stuck on the blog post? I always get stuck on ideas and can never finish them-- always. It's a serious problem. Lol. I find it helpful sit cross legged-- hopefully that isn't weird. :s

The words are...stuck. I feel like I have something important to say (that sounds really snotty and it's not meant to) but I can't quite make the words come out.

I might have to call it a night and come back to it tomorrow--but I've been doing that for days.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member

@aroseinbloom Oh no! You're stuck on the blog post? I always get stuck on ideas and can never finish them-- always. It's a serious problem. Lol. I find it helpful sit cross legged-- hopefully that isn't weird. :s

The words are...stuck. I feel like I have something important to say (that sounds really snotty and it's not meant to) but I can't quite make the words come out.

I might have to call it a night and come back to it tomorrow--but I've been doing that for days.

Often when my students stay, "Oh, this paper plums, I know it. I had the hardest time writing it", it turns out to be one of the most brilliant and significant pieces they've written. There's something about that stuckness--that feeling of resistance. Sometimes--not always--but sometimes, when you can write through it, there's a tension or a thickness that is just glorious and so meaningful.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »

Often when my students stay, "Oh, this paper plums, I know it. I had the hardest time writing it", it turns out to be one of the most brilliant and significant pieces they've written. There's something about that stuckness--that feeling of resistance. Sometimes--not always--but sometimes, when you can write through it, there's a tension or a thickness that is just glorious and so meaningful.

Yeah...I've definitely fought that battle several times. This might be it. I'm not sure. I think I'm going to bed--grabbing a pen and paper. Maybe handwriting it will be better.
    @aroseinbloom I wish I had more advice. :( Maybe just incorporate your current thoughts into the blog. Or at least this one? Hmm. I'm stuck in my thoughts now. :s

Ah! Sorry! Don't get stuck :(
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @Rorygilmore34 I've been trying to figure out Wordpress all day! I haven't been able to do my main page because I'm way too tired now. I learned the basics at least. :')

You all have inspired me so much! I just created my cover image and my description. The rest of the pictures will be in game, and I'll be creating a separate thread on the forums for updating it. What do you guys think? I'm a little scared. Don't be too harsh. I've never made a story or wordpress before! :)

"Salty Air, Love Affair" by Sweety Pie Simmer
    salty-air-love-affair%20resized%20for%20preview_zpstfwrqcga.png
    Oh and I'm known as Sweety Pie Simmer on all of my media sites, so I'm sorry for the confusion. The name was apparently taken on EA. So, yeah. :(
    You did an amazing job on that image! I'm already coming up with ideas for what
    Riley's secret might be.
    I'm so excited to see you two creating new sites. And connecting with each other and us connecting with you.

@Rorygilmore34 and @friendsfan367 This is what it's all about :)

i must have been hungry when i read this the first time. i just figuredout it wa about the blog. . i forgot i was a writer now.
    @Pegasus143 @SweetNotSalty I'm trying to guess what the secret is too!
    @Pegasus143 @SweetNotSalty I'm trying to guess what the secret is too!

what secret?
    About getting stuck, I like to write down (good old pencil and paper) where I want the story to go at the bottom of a blank page. Then towards the top, I write down all the possibilities to get there. No matter how wild they get. I end up branching off then come to a whole different idea sometimes.
    edited May 2015
    @Rorygilmore34 Aw! Hopefully my story will be good! Thanks for all this support. :') So sweet. <3

I'm going to be reading a lot of stories as well! I'm going to have a lot of free time later in the month. :)

@friendsfan367 My story I created. Sorry for the confusion. :)

thats ok. i'll confuse cathtea then i'll feel better. i usually don't have to try to confuse her . back when i was just typing without a blog she would say things like what does brian look like? and i typed back he looks like his dad. but i wasn't doing pictures yet so i added i guess that doesn't help.
    About getting stuck, I like to write down (good old pencil and paper) where I want the story to go at the bottom of a blank page. Then towards the top, I write down all the possibilities to get there. No matter how wild they get. I end up branching off then come to a whole different idea sometimes.

i find it helps to follow my sims lead. i try and furfil their wants getting colin forbes a stove wihout out a house was a bad want . colin forbes was my first ever founder and the stove he wanted killed him when it caught fire.
    When I was in college a professor of mine had us write down ideas for a story. They could be all over the place. It didn't matter. Then she had us cut out the ideas into strips then glue them onto a new sheet of paper in the order we wanted. That helped me too.
    @friendsfan367 I remember when you first started out with Colin last year. Poor guy. He went through a lot.
    @friendsfan367 I remember when you first started out with Colin last year. Poor guy. He went through a lot.

his picture is mixed in with my new legacy pictures. your right he went through a lot hes the only sim i know to die seven times once his first day with the stove and 6 more when he died of old age and my game glitched.
    When I was in college a professor of mine had us write down ideas for a story. They could be all over the place. It didn't matter. Then she had us cut out the ideas into strips then glue them onto a new sheet of paper in the order we wanted. That helped me too.

Ooh! This sounds so fun! We should see if we could create a Sims-game-challenge out of this!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    edited May 2015
    CathyTea wrote: »

Ooh! This sounds so fun! We should see if we could create a Sims-game-challenge out of this!

you finally get me to write my own legacy and now you want to start a story challenge. one question whats a story challenge .lol
    @CathyTea She was an awesome professor. It was a creative writing class. One day she brought Oreos to class, gave every student a few cookies, then asked us to write in detail how to eat an Oreo. Sounds easy but it was hard! :)
    @CathyTea She was an awesome professor. It was a creative writing class. One day she brought Oreos to class, gave every student a few cookies, then asked us to write in detail how to eat an Oreo. Sounds easy but it was hard! :)

to write the story or to not eat the oreos before you finished writing?
  • VanityHighVanityHigh Posts: 1,300 Member
    Holy timezones, batman! But yay for new stories for me to follow :sunglasses:
    Yay! This is is great.

Also? Another part of the blog post came to me last night. So now I have 3 pieces. Maybe writing, cutting and pasting (literally) will be good for me!
    Yay! This is is great.

Also? Another part of the blog post came to me last night. So now I have 3 pieces. Maybe writing, cutting and pasting (literally) will be good for me!

Ah! Super! I love writing that takes WORK! And new approaches. It means stuff is coming together--it's not like the sudden epiphany free-flow writing (which has its joys, too)... it's like cutting and pasting something new!

Thanks for sharing the process with us, too. So cool to get to see what goes on behind the post!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top