Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• AvaloniaaaAvaloniaaa Posts: 2 New Member
    edited May 2015
    @blazerntq said:
    Avaloniaaa I have always loved the house that Geoffrey Landgraab lives in.

That's the only saving grace for Geoffrey Landgraab relationship wise, wonder if my sim is a bit crafty in that sense :o
  • blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    @Avaloniaaa I was thinking the very same thing. Lol
  • Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    @blazerntq Lots of promotions, anger, and getting caught after curfew
  • MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    *reads longingly about everyone's sim play* I'm still roading it. "supposedly" might not be getting home on the day I planned. Think my fiance is trying to hold me hostage.

I did get to build my gen. 3 house though. It's not furnished, yet. Gonna wait til I get home.
  • venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited May 2015
    Awesome meteor pix @lanlyn ! @cwaddell Altair Cay is beautiful, is it a downloaded world?

Screenshot-4906_zpszacrfjqt.jpg

Kaydence's boyfriend, Terry, got abducted by aliens the night before he was to start classes at University. Since he's at Uni he couldn't come back with any unexpected surprises :p

Screenshot-4939_zpsp9667ydy.jpg

I decided to give him a 'slight' CAS makeover as he was a randomly generated 'pudding' Sim. I tried to reflect what I perceived of as his heritage, his last name is Ho so that suggests Chinese background, and his mother is dark-skinned and his father is light-skinned, which suggests African American and Caucasian background as well.

Screenshot-4938_zpsqac7m09s.jpg

They tried to get back to something resembling normal, but then again, normal for these guys is a relative term.

Screenshot-4366_zpsyk31dvly.jpg

Screenshot-4319_zpswro43l4y.jpg

Especially considering this girl wanted to turn the future world into a utopia and has robots and aliens for friends.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• simultaneoussimultaneous Posts: 19 Member
    I'm so impressed with everyone's wacky sims.They seem to be living much more adventurous lives than my Sofia. Pretty much Works, Paints, Sleeps and Collects her weekly investment money.

She seems to have it all although she is starting to feel a little depressed and feels a change is needed so may move to a different world.

This is my first Sims game ever so probably not as advanced as some of you.

Downloading Riverview as I'm writing this and still have a few Sim points left so I might download one or two others.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    ... @cwaddell Altair Cay is beautiful, is it a downloaded world?
    Yes. It is medium sized with very tiny residential lots that almost all give a positive moodlet for beautiful vista. I changed quite a few community lots and about half of the residential lots.
    @simultaneous I am feeling as if all my sim is doing at this time is taking care of her basic needs and working. Started to level her skills as a way to feel in her time a little more. Hope that you enjoy Riverview.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited May 2015
    Did not get to play much am tired after a long day but here is the update on my Daughter Cherri and her life and accomplishments so far as a toddler.

Mentioned last update she can talk (Mother taught)
    Can walk now (Mother taught)
    Can potty (Mother taught) See the pattern here dad is a loser. :( reason is though mom had pregnancy leave and her days off fall after that so it is like 8 days total.And daddy is working his tail off as a non famous celeb.Reached level 8 today B) still no celeb at all.
    Daughter mastered the xylophone (Half by herself half with mommy)
    Read all kids books (Hui Young Kim did every single book with her) :o except jimmy sprocket books they do not count anyway

Currently level 2 in the peg box
    All that is left is the abacus which teaches logic from the headstart playpen.Then my next update will be the big reveal birthday to see if my daughters huge nose stays with her into childhood.
    Other game news is my Simself Sim is level 8 in martial arts and finally reached the timber terminator goal of 150 oak or better boards broken.Got a pink diamond and soulpiece breaking a space rock.
    My wife reached level 3 in fishing and managed also to get the stove upgraded to better meal quality.

Will post a few pics in a bit got to upload them.

@Lanlyn thank you for answering my questions.I like your use of John Denvers song.Watched the video on youtube after seeing your post. :) It has cute seals in the Calypso video.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    Hui Young Kim read every book to my daughter,YAY!!!!

Screenshot-1053_zpsy0tswp8i.jpg

Screenshot-1054_zpsqszl1nlt.jpg

Screenshot-1055_zpsbgeiuyga.jpg

I repayed her by challenging her to a fight to the death,actually the loser had to clean out Cherri's potty which is kind of like death.

You are no match for me,prepare to clean stinky potty.

Screenshot-1057_zpslnn9kb5u.jpg

Ducked and kicked her in the face.

Screenshot-1059_zpsrrrolt3s.jpg

I won and she had Doooty duty :D

Here is my Sims choice award I won,how? I will never know.My guy cannot act he is awful.

Screenshot-1061_zpsmepbcgnt.jpg

DfydFiZ.gif
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Did not get to play much am tired after a long day but here is the update on my Daughter Cherri and her life and accomplishments so far as a toddler.

Mentioned last update she can talk (Mother taught)
    Can walk now (Mother taught)
    Can potty (Mother taught) See the pattern here dad is a loser. :( reason is though mom had pregnancy leave and her days off fall after that so it is like 8 days total.And daddy is working his tail off as a non famous celeb.Reached level 8 today B) still no celeb at all.
    Daughter mastered the xylophone (Half by herself half with mommy)
    Read all kids books (Hui Young Kim did every single book with her) :o except jimmy sprocket books they do not count anyway

Currently level 2 in the peg box
    All that is left is the abacus which teaches logic from the headstart playpen.Then my next update will be the big reveal birthday to see if my daughters huge nose stays with her into childhood.
    Other game news is my Simself Sim is level 8 in martial arts and finally reached the timber terminator goal of 150 oak or better boards broken.Got a pink diamond and soulpiece breaking a space rock.
    My wife reached level 3 in fishing and managed also to get the stove upgraded to better meal quality.

Will post a few pics in a bit got to upload them.

@Lanlyn thank you for answering my questions.I like your use of John Denvers song.Watched the video on youtube after seeing your post. :) It has cute seals in the Calypso video.

Do you ever try to get charisma by talking through the wugglesworth bear? I tried a couple of times but got bored too fast to keep it up.
    @Karritz no but now will try it tomorrow when I get to play.I like my children to get a good start in life so they get a good job.Although if my daughter keeps that nose she has now into adulthood she can be a scent dog for the Sunset Valley PD's K-9 unit. :D

Oh no! Mortimer what is this in your locker....bumbleleaf and wonder petal huh? You are under arrest and will be issued a striped shirt..................NVM you have one,book him.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    @CravenLestat Oh! Now you reminded me that I have to read my toddlers the skill books! :( I thought they were doing great with the toy skills...but no, not done yet! Cherri is a lucky little girl. Lots of attention. :) And way to escape Potty Duty, guy! :p

@Karritz I've never tried the bear to get Charisma. Huh. :o I use the play pen mirrors now.

@venusdemilosims I like how you tried to match Terry's heritage to his makeover. He turned out great.

More time in Lunar Lakes today, mainly redoing the labyrinth. But before I got started on that, while Calypo was recovering from summoning meteors and messing with space rocks, the game camera swung me back home to witness this little scene:
    Abduction%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Thanks a lot, Calypo, for calling down more aliens with your super powers!
    Abduction%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

And found this little guy in Rona's inventory. My first Magician gnome: Vivek the Vain. :#
    VivekTheVain.jpg

Soon after Calypo left the beach, I saw that the FDSI team (that's Frosty Dreams Scene Investigation) was checking out reports of recent alien activity... :D
    Screenshot-10.jpg

Rona auditioned for a new gig at Beam Me Up Live. She invited Calypo to join her for dinner in the top floor bistro.
    BeamMeUp.jpg

The Labyrinth, Version 2:
    Maze2%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Maze2%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

In the basement. I may have overdone the flowers! B)
    Maze2%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

Maze2%252520%2525285%252529.jpg

Maze2%252520%2525284%252529.jpg
    @Lanlyn the FDSI Frost Dreams Scene Investigation :D LOL more like Find-Destroy-Steal-Infants.That truck is what Steven King based the Clown Pennywise off of from "IT",I heard that is what the driver looks like. :o Also those flowers ruined your perfect screenshot of the hot 🐸🐸🐸🐸 girl in your last picture.I hate when trees etc ruin shots.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • SelvaxriSelvaxri Posts: 274 Member
    My sim had two daughters after a pair of twin sons, all within a span of a couple weeks. raising four baby/toddlers was more hassle than it's worth... the parents rarely got any sleep. the father drowned, and his ghost impregnated a mistress and she bore a ghost child. :D
    Console Player- Don't have a PC to play yet.

Stories-
    Simple Life
    Ghost Fling/ GF- Naughty Uncle
    Mommy Dearest
    Casanova
    Home Wrecker
    Reynoso Legacy
    Phantom Romance- Experimental game, failure.
    Unlikely Couple
    Random- Kozen, Clique
  • JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    My sim had triplets! The first ones I've ever had in my game.
    @CravenLestat That is a cute toddler. Much better than Harry-He was bald.
    lanlyn wrote: »
    @CravenLestat Oh! Now you reminded me that I have to read my toddlers the skill books! ...
    In case you didn't know they can read the books themselves. If the books are left on the floor in their room they'll even do it autonomously.
    Good day everyone. Hope that you all are doing well today. Played for much of the day yesterday. Nothing really happened in my game however. My Luette just spent her time taking care of her needs, working, building relationships, taking classes, and upgrading her home. She was able to invest her money in being a partner in four of the local businesses. I am finding that owning most of Sunset Valley is going to take a lot more time and effort then I thought it would.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    @Selvaxri Wow, that father sure is prolific, even after death!

@JoieWilder Congrats on the triplets!

@cwaddell Toddlers will read books themselves? :o I was planning on taking the kids to the library for faster reads. But I'll have to leave the non-skill books out for them to look at themselves. Thanks!

@blazerntq Once you start collecting your profits, progress will go a lot faster. Right now, Maxwell, my Bridgeport investor, earns around 58,000 simoleons a week just in investments alone. That doesn't even count his income or his resort earnings! :#

Tonight I played in Bridgeport. My household is Maxwell Abbott, who did a 112 Day Challenge. He's a level 10 Power Broker and has invested in most of the city. Filthy rich Workaholic. Owns a 5 Star Resort, which earned him his Lifetime Reward early in life. Max has earned me so many achievement badges! Today, I received the Planning Presentation badge (Practice a presentation 10 times with the Business Planner--he does this on his own) AND the High Class Hotel Badge (Run a 5 Star resort for 7 days). B) Max recently married his fiancee, Kirby Wise, who is also a Workaholic--in the political career. They just returned from their honeymoon in Sunset Valley. Yes...they vacationed in SV...wanted a little taste of the simple life. (And I'd never played in SV before, so I wanted to sample it as well.) :p

Here are a few highlights from my game.
    First, I thought this was funny. This is the wedding chapel at the resort. Using Buy on this Lot, I put a savvy seller rug under a table and added the Chocolate fountain. (Hints from @Karritz and @CravenLestat). This guy immediately went over and bought a fountain at full price before I could set up a sale. Then, after I marked a sale for 25% off, the guy bought THREE more fountains! :D
    SavvySellerRug%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

The Abbott household. Maxwell who is a level 10 cook, Kirby who is writing a biography for work, and 4-Bitz who is doing the upgrades.
    BPHousehold.jpg

4-Bitz installed a Friendly Function trait chip and headed down to the Spa to get a part time job. She has the Office Drone chip too. I don't want her working full time because Max and Kirby both want a baby. 4-Bitz will be the nanny.
    4BitzJob%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

Max and Kirby are still very much newlyweds. Kirby was checking the mail and Max followed her out to kiss and flirt...in a hailstorm! :smiley:
    HailFlirt.jpg

They had another friend die tonight. Caroline Custard drowned. Max and Kirby took the tombstone to the cemetery.
    Mourn.jpg

While they were there, they celebrated life by woohooing in the sarcophagus I had placed awhile back.
    SarcWooHoo%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

Before they had to go back to work, Max and Kirby had some fun at a small park.
    SmallPark%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

SmallPark%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

Ended the day with Kirby asking for campaign donations (successfully!) and Max using his favorite portable item: the Business Planner. :wink:
    SmallPark%252520%2525283%252529.jpg
    blazerntq wrote: »
    Good day everyone. Hope that you all are doing well today. Played for much of the day yesterday. Nothing really happened in my game however. My Luette just spent her time taking care of her needs, working, building relationships, taking classes, and upgrading her home. She was able to invest her money in being a partner in four of the local businesses. I am finding that owning most of Sunset Valley is going to take a lot more time and effort then I thought it would.

Some partnerships pay out at a better rate than others. The best payouts are the ones that double your money in 5 weeks:

combo bookstore/spa - costs $20000, pays out $4000
    film back lot - costs $25,000, pays out $5000
    stand alone hospital - costs $30000, pay out $6000
    combo business/bistro - costs $50,000, pays out $10,000
    combo hospital/science lab - costs $70,000, pays out $14,000

All others take longer that 5 weeks, so the rate of return is not as good.

Say you can't afford one of the better yielding partnerships that first Sunday. Buy a cheaper one, but next Sunday sell it and combine that money with any that your sim has accumulated that first week and buy the most expensive one you can afford, especially if it is one with a better rate of return. You get a better return by owning one more expensive partnership rather then owning a bunch of cheap ones.
    Thanks to both lanlyn and cwaddell. I really appreciate both your encouragement and advice.
    I'll tell you what's happened so far...

I succesfully kidnapped Morgan Flynn.
    edited May 2015
    cwaddell wrote: »
    lanlyn wrote: »
    @CravenLestat Oh! Now you reminded me that I have to read my toddlers the skill books! ...
    In case you didn't know they can read the books themselves. If the books are left on the floor in their room they'll even do it autonomously.

Yeah but Hui Young Kim is family oriented now which = fast reading with kids + at the library with the auto boost for fast reading =triple read speed, read all books in a single trip to the library.

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited May 2015
    So very happy. Was able to purchase the Last Venue of Amore as one of the daily deals.
    Post edited by blazerntq on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top