Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 - Edit Premade Sim in CAS?

MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
I just started playing TS2 & I have no idea what I'm doing :'(

Is there a way to edit a premade sim's appearance in CAS? My sim just married a premade sim and I really want to change his facial features. I read something about a career reward I could use? I'd prefer to not mess with mods if I don't have to.

Help? :)

My Simblr: WaffleKone

Comments

• Options
    RazingRazing Posts: 287 Member
    You can change hairstyles, makeup, facial hair and jewelry from a mirror and you can buy clothes fro a clothes store and change outfits with a dresser but other than that, you will have to get a mod or use a cheat to unlock the career reward :/ I know how you feel :P
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    And the career reward will not change his genetics. He'll have that face as his genetics that he'll pass on to his kids.
  • Options
    Razing wrote: »
    You can change hairstyles, makeup, facial hair and jewelry from a mirror and you can buy clothes fro a clothes store and change outfits with a dresser but other than that, you will have to get a mod or use a cheat to unlock the career reward :/ I know how you feel :P

I'm fine with using cheats :) I just have no idea what the cheat is to unlock anything or what career reward I need. I honestly haven't even looked in buy mode yet lol I'm very very new to this game.

Can anyone tell me?
  • Options
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    And the career reward will not change his genetics. He'll have that face as his genetics that he'll pass on to his kids.

That doesn't bother me if the career reward can be used on their kids as well?
  • Options
    CTRL + SHIFT + C opens a box and then type boolprop unlockcareerrewards and then press enter. Hope I help :)
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited May 2015
    You can do it with SimPE and use SimSurgery. Then you can edit them in Body Shop and send them back to overwrite them in SimPE with Simssurgery again. It's a bit tedious, but it works and will affect genetics as well.

The other method is to use the career reward, but like it was said, genetics won't be affected with this method.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    @Razing - Thank you!! I ended up restarting the game though lol I'm just going to make a couple to start off with :)

@kremesch73 - It's like you're speaking a foreign language to me lol are those mods or add-on's? I guess I really need to do some TS2 research!

P.S. Loving TS2 way more than I expected...it just feels so 'right' <3 I'm sooo so glad I got the UC for free when we had the chance.
  • Options
    Glad to help :)
  • Options
    SimPE is an external program you can download. SimSurgery is included in it. You'll have to do some reading, but it's a great way to have complete control over your sims. You can change pretty much anything you want with it. You can also fix broken CC if you ever want to delve that far into it. The SimSurgery part is probably the easiest to use.

BodyShop is included with the base game of The Sims 2. You should already have it. I use it for designing all my sims because I have far more control over their appearance with it than I do in the game. You can also create your own recolours for CAS in it as well. It's fairly easy to use.
  • Options
    Just want to add to Kremesh, BodyShop is hard to find if you have UC Just copy this into your documents and you will find it: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin and then double click on Bodyshop. It takes a while to load but you can create sims with sooo much more detail! @kremesch73 Where do you find SimSurgery? Is it in the same place as Bodyshop?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Just want to add to Kremesh, BodyShop is hard to find if you have UC Just copy this into your documents and you will find it: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin and then double click on Bodyshop. It takes a while to load but you can create sims with sooo much more detail! @kremesch73 Where do you find SimSurgery? Is it in the same place as Bodyshop?

No. It's part of SimPE. You can export the sim in SimSurgery, edit them in BodyShop, and then import them back in through SimSurgery. Never had an issue with it. I save all my offspring with it too. Just in case I want to play with them in another save or something.

I had no idea BodyShop was so hidden with the UC.
  • Options
    Ah thanks :) It took me what felt like a day of googling it and almost gave up untill I found the answer lol
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member

Is there a way to edit a premade sim's appearance in CAS? My sim just married a premade sim and I really want to change his facial features. I read something about a career reward I could use? I'd prefer to not mess with mods if I don't have to.

HI, you can also purchase the styling chair if you have OFB

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    CTRL + SHIFT + C opens a box and then type boolprop unlockcareerrewards and then press enter. Hope I help :)

you don't need boolprop, just the unlockcareerrewards

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    windweaver wrote: »

you don't need boolprop, just the unlockcareerrewards

Oops, sorry :o I haven't used the cheat in a while!
  • Options
    windweaver wrote: »

HI, you can also purchase the styling chair if you have OFB

Oh really?! I have the Ultimate Collection so I'm sure I have that chair. Does that mean you can be a stylist like you could in TS3? I would love to open a beauty shop!!
  • Options
    @MandysAMess I believe it does. I have never used it though as I forget that it's there because it's not in hobbies/skills section of the catalog
  • Options
    Oh really?! I have the Ultimate Collection so I'm sure I have that chair. Does that mean you can be a stylist like you could in TS3? I would love to open a beauty shop!!

Yes. You can alter their hair and clothing (Not sure about the latter-I rarely use it). I don't believe you can alter their faces though. You need either the Plastic surgery career reward, or SimPE.