Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't get online

So I'm having a difficult problem for almost 2 weeks.
I get in to my game and It's never online and when I press get online it stucks for 3 minutes and then says it can't get online.
What can I do?
Add me on Origin: SimSmiler

Comments

• 212083620212083620 Posts: 126 Member
    So I'm having a difficult problem for almost 2 weeks.
    I get in to my game and It's never online and when I press get online it stucks for 3 minutes and then says it can't get online.
    What can I do?
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Remove any mods or custom content that you may have.

Uninstall and reinstall Origin.

Clear Origin's cache.

Clear the Sims 4's cache.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Remove any mods or custom content that you may have.

Uninstall and reinstall Origin.

Clear Origin's cache.

Clear the Sims 4's cache.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
    @Colton147147 thank you :)
    \
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    If after doing all that you still have a problem call EA CS
    I still have this problem and I can't call them because I live in Israel
  • litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    do you run Malwarebytes? I cannot log into the gallery if I have malwarebytes running, I have to log out of it first
  • feloo7feloo7 Posts: 27 Member
    I have the same issue. Are you trying to get online when you first load the game at the main menu, right before you load your saved game? I have found that if i simply load the game and try to go online afterwards, say, go into the gallery, I will be online just fine. For the most part, i have been able to ignore this issue and it does not affect my game play. I only miss out on the online content on the main menu. That's all. Hope this helps.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    so far for players that have prolonged inability to connect the game online its tied to their anti virus or router internet connection start with your anti v is it blocking the site? updates to the game and/or anti v can create this issue.
    Nothing is wrong with my sims update it's all updated and my Avast anti virus is the same as it was when it worked
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    212083620 wrote: »
    Nothing is wrong with my sims update it's all updated and my Avast anti virus is the same as it was when it worked

All anti v are constantly updating and many here have reported issues with avasti so it's worth reviewing. Also many reported other user end reasons like router set up

You can also try reinstalling origin

My best advice is to review your set up since a majority of other players aren't posting the same issue and this has been happening to your game for a while good luck
  • lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    edited May 2015
    same problem can't log in to gallery says offline. I have avast and malwarebytes how do I turn them off I didn't have problem before last update.

removed sims 4 folder and let new on generate still not able to connect. I can get into gallery but not able to download anything.
    Post edited by lauriej0823 on
    I have no idea what to do. seriously I'm giving up
  • lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    feloo7 wrote: »
    I have the same issue. Are you trying to get online when you first load the game at the main menu, right before you load your saved game? I have found that if i simply load the game and try to go online afterwards, say, go into the gallery, I will be online just fine. For the most part, i have been able to ignore this issue and it does not affect my game play. I only miss out on the online content on the main menu. That's all. Hope this helps.

I was able to place a lot in game after loading game thank you. still says I am offline so might be a glitch.

• feloo7feloo7 Posts: 27 Member
    Same here. Still having issues with getting online at the main menu. Luckily the gallery still works though.