Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 doesn't compare to sims 2

SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
Sims 2 will always be my favorite sims game. It was a big step up from TS1. Sims 4 compares a lot to TS1 but only it is a step back from even the original sims.

Sims 2 brought new life stages. They brought toddlers, teens, and elder sims. Elder sims can die of old age. Toddlers are my favorite life stage. They are adorable. Sims 4 does not even have toddlers in it. Toddlers have been in TS2 and TS3. I was hoping they would be in TS4 as well. But no! TS4 has failed us. Plus teens are the same height as YA and older. Teens and children do not have a curfew in TS4. And YA and adult are the same. I want my adult sims to have a midlife crisis like what TS3 generations included.

Burglars have been in the sims games since the original sims. But, TS4 didn't even include them. I almost peed my pants in TS1 every time I heard the scary burglar music playing. There are also no NPCs in TS4. I miss firefighters, gardeners, police, babysitters/nannies, and the paperboy. I even miss the tragic clown and the social bunny.

Dancing is pathetic in TS4. Sims 2 dancing was awesome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WBlDjnMVwU Sims 4 dancing looks like my sims are constipated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JREHrWkO6Xg

Sims 2 romance options were better. Sims 4 romance is lacking. In TS2, kissing and make outs were steamier. TS4 romance is more G/PG. TS2 game was the only game in the series that deserves the Teen rating. TS4 should have been rated E or E10.

There are no cemeteries in TS4. There have been cemeteries since TS1. A tombstone just appears in the sims house or location that the sim died. Also, there are no funerals in TS4.

There are not many party types in TS4. Where are the sports parties, pool parties, and bachelor/bachelorette parties. I do have a mod in my game that I can have a pool party. These should have been included when they patched pools in. Also, there are no hot tubs. Hot tubs should've been in the base game or patched in with pools. Also, more party types should have been included with luxury party stuff.

There is no create a world in TS4. Create a world was in TS2. I miss being able to create worlds. I would like to be able to place lots wherever I want. I also want to add other stuff in the worlds such as trees, rocks, rainbows, hot air balloons, etc.

There is no color wheel in The Sims 4. There was a color wheel in TS2.

I won't bore you going over all of the missing features from TS4. TS2 will always be my favorite sims game in the series. If a sims 5 is made in the next several years, I want all these missing features to be included in it plus new features. I hope EA/Maxis has learned from it's mistakes and doesn't disappoint us in The Sims 5.
Origin ID: StripedRainbow

Comments

• GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I agree with you about the Sims 4, it's a huge leap backwards, more like Sims 1.5, not the "next generation of sims" like they advertised. But maybe you should use a different video from Sims 2 dancing, since those are dance mods, not the actual dancing programmed for the game. :)
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I can't see Sims 4 as a sequel to 2 or 3.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    I can't see Sims 4 as a sequel to 2 or 3.

That's because it's not. It's basically just a half step up from TS1. But, even TS1 had more features in the base game than TS4. Basically TS4 just has better graphics and cartoonish sims. I do like how the sims look except for the teens.
    I can't see it as a continuation either. Why? Because it's not, even though they billed it as such. "The next generation of sims." Um, I think not. Like others have said on the forum, this should have been a companion game, like "The Sims Bro Stories," because it clearly isn't part of The Sims franchise.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    Also, they put ridiculous things in the game like "pee confidently" or "angry poop." They should've left out the silly things and added things to the game that would improve gameplay. Bodily functions do not improve gameplay. A little humor is alright. Just not bathroom humor. They should've added toddlers instead or made babies that are not tied to their bassinets.

I hope they make a Sims 5. Sims 5 must be epic for me to like it. It must have all missing features from earlier sims games and then some.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Good thread!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    Dancing is pathetic in TS4. Sims 2 dancing was awesome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WBlDjnMVwU

I like most of your post, but that's not dance moves from Sims 2. The stuff in that video is actually inserted animations from a mod.....and it's not even animated well lol......
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    TS1: The Charm Machine
    TS2: The Charm Machine+
    TS3: The Charm Machine Gold
    TS4: Hiding in the shadows

I personally find it strange that TS4 is being seen as 'weaker' than a game that came out more than 10 years ago!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Playing Sims 4 actually made me buy Sims 1 complete pack. I lost all my CDs in a food a few years back. And after I installed and played for three hours, I realized just far far Sims 4 actually regressed. Even today, 15 years later, I'm still very much in love with TS1, even with it's object babies and never ending child hood - unless you use a potion. And that was something expected of a game that old. 2015, my sims should be leaps and bounds beyond Sims 1.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Pyur_JeniusPyur_Jenius Posts: 101 Member
    I REALLY miss Myshuno and Death by Satellite! GoldenBuffy, do you have an older system to play Sims 1? I can't even get XP compatible programs to run on the XP mode i paid for. I'd LOVE to play the oldies again right now.
    Jaz_in_SG-captioned%20copy_zps0ecd2f78.jpg

Greed destroys everything it touches.
    Gallery Link: PyurJenius
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Sims 4 is like 70 percent Sims 1 - no question about it and even worse it has no roads and Sims 1 had roads so we could use code to add more lots for house building - but with no roads in Sims 4 simmers won't even be able to do that. The Sims 1 map did not other wise allow the user to make any other maps for the game and from what i see of Sims 4 it is the same thing plus with out roads to use the code to add some empty house lots along a road that was cloned from the map - then chances of creators ever being able to do - looks impossible to me.

It is weird though as the first game engine with the online version had roads but when they built this version they never put them in and in sims games every thing is based off of the road system - which does not even exist in Sims 4 at all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    I don't think they're meant to compare, I think they're different interpretations of the same game, each to their own. People need to choose and play the one they enjoy most, you're missing promising game time whilst comparing them!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    well me in my case i find the sims4 better than the sims2
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Personally I don't see TS4 as a .5 of any of the games.

If you believe quotes in articles The Sims is now a place to experiment with life and has been likened to reality TV. Maybe that's why I just can't get into TS4. I detest 95% of reality TV.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/aug/27/sims-4-gaming-reality-tv
    What Franklin hopes to create is a place where players can experiment with life choices, in the same way they may mess about with architecture in Minecraft, or urban planning in SimCity. Maybe we’ll get characters into weird relationships, into bizarre career paths, into houses filled with sexual tension, just to see what goes off. “Some people recreate their families and try to play out familiar life experiences,” says Franklin. “Other people may think, ‘I have never been in a same-sex relationship - what would that be like? What happens when a woman sim flirts with another woman sim? Let me play that out’. It’s experimenting with life.”
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    Personally I don't see TS4 as a .5 of any of the games.

If you believe quotes in articles The Sims is now a place to experiment with life and has been likened to reality TV. Maybe that's why I just can't get into TS4. I detest 95% of reality TV.

Ew! No joke! PLUS, there is already a reality TV simulator that has been out forever and is FREE, it's called Second Life.

I REALLY miss Myshuno and Death by Satellite! GoldenBuffy, do you have an older system to play Sims 1? I can't even get XP compatible programs to run on the XP mode i paid for. I'd LOVE to play the oldies again right now.

Nope, I have a new pc. Just got it last year. I was nervous that Sims 1 wouldn't run, but surprise, surprise, it does. I also have Windows 8.1.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I can say this much. My gameplay in Sims 2 and Sims 4 is very similar, if not identical, yet the latter bores me while the former does not. The things that bug me in Sims 4 do not bother me as much in Sims 2. Even the frequent loading screens, which are the bane of my gaming experience, don't bother me as much. Why, I truly don't know, but the only thing that keeps me entertain in Sims 4 is Create-A-Sim...and that's not really unique because CAS entertains me in every game!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
    For me the loading screen sin Sims 2 don't bother me because it's from a game published back in 2004. The loading screens in Sims 4 is from a game published last year. How many leaps and bounds have gaming underwent since 2004? LOL It's sad really, and lazy.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    For me the loading screen sin Sims 2 don't bother me because it's from a game published back in 2004. The loading screens in Sims 4 is from a game published last year. How many leaps and bounds have gaming underwent since 2004? LOL It's sad really, and lazy.

I despise loading screens but at least Sims 2 loading screens aren't boring to look at.
    Why, I truly don't know, but the only thing that keeps me entertain in Sims 4 is Create-A-Sim...

I think it's because CAS and building are the only things new and exciting about it and those are new and exciting because they are actually something engaging to do. And even that gets infuriating now that they've taken away create-a-style. The quirkiness of the actual game, which is why i fell in love with it, is all but gone. If they had given us this amazing tech with that charm intact, there would be lines to get a copy, imo. The whole experience beyond creation is so predictable and boring. It's like a sad commemorative image of what the game used to be.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top