Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No-Loading Screens In A Region's Lots But Between Regions

Hey Guys! :) Will there be any option for No-loading screens in a region's lots but between region. I guess, loading screens won't be change that between regions but no-loading screens option in a region, it is seem possible, isn't it?

Comments

• Cricket426Cricket426 Posts: 41 Member
    I don't know if it'll ever be changed, but I do hope it is possible because it is quite annoying.
  • simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
    Open neighbourhood i assumed. Yes! Need that to replace open world.
  • SilverwolfSilverwolf Posts: 4 New Member
    ^^ Thanks guys. It would be half-open world. So.. Any answers?
  • SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    I've been grousing about loading screens since launch. I abhor them. I prefer the completely open world we had in TS3. That said, if I absolutely MUST endure the loading screens (and I'm still not convinced that open world wasn't doable, since they DID IT IN 3), at least don't make me endure a screen every single time I change locations. It is, in my opinion, inexcusable to go through a loading screen to visit a neighbor or go to the next door business.

For me, personally, loading screens are particularly heinous. This is because my loading screens last a minimum of 45-55 seconds EACH (yes, I've timed them). I often spend more time on loading screens than I do on play screens, if my Sim has to run several errands. Truly immersion-breaking.

Loading screens are the wound. Loading screens for every single location change is salt in the wound.
  • SilverwolfSilverwolf Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey guys, me again^^ Is there any news about half-open world? I now that game engine doesn't support full-open world but after toddlers, I still got hope :)
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Loading screens in the woods and between houses bothered me, but I hate loading screens in City Living between apartments. Maybe neighborhoods I understand, but the houses and apartments next door is really limiting even though the load times are small ones. I want S4 to live on for many more years and be complete with all S1, S2, S3, and everything we didn't get in them like farms, flower arranging, more vacation destinations, zoos, and so much more. Ten years from now(they said S4 wasn't like the previous games and it is more expandable on the internet)or whenever they decide to call it quits on S4, I hope that S5 has what one simmer described as S2 sims, S3 world(open and color wheel and custimizable), and S4 improvements in CAS, Build, and emotions. S4 is becoming great with all the new add-ons recently, but I felt like I owned the world in S3 when it was open and that can't be experienced with loading screens and no overall view. Can't tell you how many times I panned out to world view to find other sims and have my sims go where they were. I do like how you can go in and copy and move in unplayed and homeless sims in S4. I had to add them to my house to copy them in S3, so that is huge for me. Plus, you can place them in houses and visit.
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited January 2017
    It was part of my original idea when i sugested it back then before Thesims4. Guess that could work better as making it more flexible to place lots inside a region. I really dont see the point of a world like in Thesims3, but a bit more flexibility would be nice when Thesims5 comes around.
    jr73Y.gif

• kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Honestly, I can handle a 10-second load screen. It doesn't bother me, and all an open neighborhood would do is extend the load times when starting the game or traveling outside your neighborhood.

And for players without a decent computer (ie. most of them), this would mean those load times would be even longer. And imagine if those other lots had to be populated. The game can handle 20 Sims or so on a lot, so what would Maxis do? Spread those 20 Sims throughout the entire neighborhood, leading to empty nightclubs and restaurants, populate each and every lot with 20 Sims, bogging down the load times, or make it so only one lot at a time is populated, and migrating the other Sims over to a new lot every time your Sim moves?

I can see the appeal, but I don't think it's worth it.
    wJbomAo.png
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Honestly, I can handle a 10-second load screen. It doesn't bother me, and all an open neighborhood would do is extend the load times when starting the game or traveling outside your neighborhood.

And for players without a decent computer (ie. most of them), this would mean those load times would be even longer. And imagine if those other lots had to be populated. The game can handle 20 Sims or so on a lot, so what would Maxis do? Spread those 20 Sims throughout the entire neighborhood, leading to empty nightclubs and restaurants, populate each and every lot with 20 Sims, bogging down the load times, or make it so only one lot at a time is populated, and migrating the other Sims over to a new lot every time your Sim moves?

I can see the appeal, but I don't think it's worth it.

I understand completely, this kind of stuff was what made me hate Thesims3. But those are two different problems. Maxis needs to amplify how many sims the world can process at a time and organize better the global auto-routing they do between lots. Thesims3 towns would usually go desertic as the game would send everyone to standstill on a horse camp due to crappy programing. However on ThesimsMedieval, despiste beign an open world, had active sims acting the way they should and populating every lot in the apropiated ammount since they were better asigned.

Thesims4 kinda of already does that, but it offsets the individual lots, even when you can see sims walking and talking as usual between then and on the open public areas, avoid lagging perhaps , maybe Thesims5 would need a more powerfull engine.
    jr73Y.gif