Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Downtown and unexpected surprises

KennydkKennydk Posts: 31 Member
Genuinely cannot believe this...so I was editing Downtown today and much to my pleasure I found out that there was Residential lots there too! Seriously, I cannot believe that I had never noticed this before guess I'd never bothered to edit my Downtown areas before in my gamers. I had always been under the impression it was only community lots (since I first had a copy of Nightlife way back in 2005 (?).

Has anybody else recently restarted playing the game and found out anything new since you last played?

Kenndydk~

Comments

• youcrAzy13youcrAzy13 Posts: 213 Member
    Yeah, its awesome right?
    Always and forever, Alyssa Edwards
    bibbby%20b.gif
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    Well I knew that one but recently I was playing and after my couple woohooed they held hands on the pillow. I don't think I have ever noticed that before. Could be because my graphics card in the past wasn't detailed enough. I also noticed a base game wallpaper matched both a bedspread and a bathroom sink for the first time here while back and last night I noticed tiny details on the base of the atomic lamp for the kids room. There have been a few interactions too I have noticed that I don't remember from the past.
  • seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    recently re-installed sims 2 last week. got hooked again. now im downloading the ultimate collection to experience everything ive missed in the last 10 years. i only owned 4 ex-packs before now. even just playing the base game so many things came back that i had forgotten about.

funny thing...when i opened the disk box from 10 years ago i still had the receipt! $60! from eb games store. does that store still exist?
    free the sims!
    http://youtu.be/Bj7wOfUwHlo <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!
  • pinkieposhpinkieposh Posts: 241 Member
    I found out about that when I have TS2 UC reinstalled couple of months ago. I click on Strangetown and I click on the icons above to add university, downtown, and vacation destinations. I have to close it though as I needed to do something (RL getting in the way of my simming). The next time I start up the game, there was 2 small icon on Strangetown, one for university and one for downtown. When i click on downtown, it opened up and has the all the option like a normal neighborhood. So I created a household of 4 siblings and I chose one of lots that are available there. It seems ok so I just continued playing with them. The 2 girls are employed, and I made the guy work at home. His source of income is fixing the car and selling them. I think it's OK as his LTW is to have 6 pets reach the top of career. He has the same LTW with the eldest so I suppose if I get to complete his it will also complete hers. (I am guessing here). The second girl, wants to reach the top of culinary career so she's working on it. The youngest girl, I made her paint for a living. She has 50 great dates for LTW. I am not sure what to do with it.
    tumblr_phvdhrrkdl1qcy6v1o1_r2_540.png
    My Page My Simblr My Studio
    My YouTube Channel
  • joralydjoralyd Posts: 55 Member
    @seVenpeaceloVe EB games is big in Australia still lol that's where I bought sims 4 from when it came out :D
    I took the pledge
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    edited May 2015
    recently re-installed sims 2 last week. got hooked again. now im downloading the ultimate collection to experience everything ive missed in the last 10 years. i only owned 4 ex-packs before now. even just playing the base game so many things came back that i had forgotten about.

funny thing...when i opened the disk box from 10 years ago i still had the receipt! $60! from eb games store. does that store still exist?

I bought TS2 from EB games too, my one and only pre-order. And as @joralyd said, EB stores are everywhere in Australia. :)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Kennydk wrote: »
    Genuinely cannot believe this...so I was editing Downtown today and much to my pleasure I found out that there was Residential lots there too! Seriously, I cannot believe that I had never noticed this before guess I'd never bothered to edit my Downtown areas before in my gamers. I had always been under the impression it was only community lots (since I first had a copy of Nightlife way back in 2005 (?).

Has anybody else recently restarted playing the game and found out anything new since you last played?

Kenndydk~

I bought all TS2 packs when they were first released, but it's only since I have had the UC that I have finally moved a family into Downtown, and it's the first time I have really had a good look at everything there. My sims do travel to Downtown for dates, shopping etc, but I have never loaded the entire downtown before. So yes, it's great finding new things in the game after all these years.

I have also just had my first PlantSim and PlantSim Baby. I was surprised how easy it was to turn a Sim into a PlantSim, but by hardly having any gardens in my game I had missed out on it before. So that was another new thing for me. :)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I really love the houses downtown. I love how the entire first floor is the garage, and the next two floors are the living space. Those would've been nice to have when it flooded here.

I never bothered with the Tricou house, though. I think it's The House of Fallen Leaves. It was just too creepy for me.

I voraciously consumed every bit of TS2 news back then, so I knew pretty much all the features of the game. That doesn't make it any less fun, though. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited May 2015
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I never bothered with the Tricou house, though. I think it's The House of Fallen Leaves. It was just too creepy for me.

I don't like the Tricou house either, and it is because it is just too dark inside, even during the day. It doesn't matter if I totally rebuild that place it is still very dark.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Kennydk wrote: »

Kenndydk~

I never left S2. I did give it a break for almost a year, but I still find the odd surprise here and there. You may also be happy to know you can build and use apartments downtown too. I have several sims living downtown in both apartments and houses. You can also run your own businesses there.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • KennydkKennydk Posts: 31 Member
    I have still yet to take the plunge and move any of my simmies Downtown! (Myself I am more if a countryside kind of gal maybe my RL fear of bug busy cities is interrupting my play style?!)

@joleaco Plantsims are so cool! I've recently restarted my neighbourhood (I'm too emotionally attached to my pre made sims I like to replay and change the outcomes!) I'm currently trying to have Don Lothario abducted for an alien pregnancy but without much success.

Thanks for all the interestingredients stuff everyone has posted by the way!

Kenndydk~
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    I have discoverd that many days before your's. By this way, that I can move families in.