Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I was charged $20 for the new Stuff Pack

Was anyone else charged double for the new SP?! What do I do?!

Comments

• PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    I would probably head over to Contact EA to get some more information.
    http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=origin

Someone should probably be able to help you there. Hopefully. :)
  • RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    You rock, TS2MichaelD! I really appreciate your help!!
    TS2MichaelD, you are amazing!! They refunded me the double charge! Thank you!!
  • PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    @Rorygilmore34 No problem, glad you got it sorted! :)
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Good than could solve it. You did something wrong? Maybe a double purchase when first said failed
    Leo3487, maybe I was just so excited for a new pack I mashed all the buttons? Lol. No clue. It's fixed. :)
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I believe that I was because I started out with $35 in my EA wallet, and now that total is down to about $10. I thought this Stuff Pack was suppose to be only $9.99. :/
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited May 2015
    I heart from someone other Origin loves to double charge. It's not cool you have to look out for what they do. That's why i don't give them any payment info.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    I was given a Sims4 gift card for Mother's Day. I surely hope they don't 'overcharge' me. Not sure when the next GP is due out, but I'm hoping to have enough left over for it, just in case. Can't buy the SP until I get back home. Suffice it to say, although I haven't been playing the game everyday, absence does make the heart grow fonder . . . I'm really wishing to have at it, right now. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Right after I put in a help ticket with EA, and asked them to call me, my phone rang immediately. Was happy for that. In 7-10 days I will have my money back. Bummer that it will take so long but I will keep watch on my account.
    marcellala wrote: »
    I heart from someone other Origin loves to double charge. It's not cool you have to look out for what they do. That's why i don't give them any payment info.
    I used a cash card, and I was still double charged by them. :/

• igzigpuffigzigpuff Posts: 2,634 Member
    I was thinking of buying a cash card to buy this SP, but now I'm not sure I want to deal with the possibility of being double charged. :/ Maybe the trick is to make sure you only have enough to purchase one SP so they can't double bill you! :p
  • PhotogSimPhotogSim Posts: 1,729 Member
    Right after I put in a help ticket with EA, and asked them to call me, my phone rang immediately. Was happy for that. In 7-10 days I will have my money back. Bummer that it will take so long but I will keep watch on my account.

That's the standard reply for how long it takes to get your refund, it depends on the banks involved. Most the time you get it faster then the 7 days, at least in my experience.

PhotogSim wrote: »

That's the standard reply for how long it takes to get your refund, it depends on the banks involved. Most the time you get it faster then the 7 days, at least in my experience.

I agree, PhotoSim, it seems about right with any company these days. Just glad they were so quick to resolve the issue.
  • IconicIconic Posts: 427 Member
    edited May 2015

That's one thing I hate about online purchasing; they have no issue with taking your money immediately, but it takes anywhere between 7 to 14 days to be refunded. :angry: I've always received refunds swiftly, but the idea of it potentially taking that long is just nonsensical and absurd.
    Yes, I am the one obsessed with Michael Myers.
    Origin ID: iRetr0
    tumblr_ph50sjUexV1r2aobgo3_540.gif

That's one thing I hate about online purchasing; they have no issue with taking your money immediately, but it takes anywhere between 7 to 14 days to be refunded. :angry: I've always received refunds swiftly, but the idea of it potentially taking that long is just nonsensical and absurd.

7-10 business days so 2 weeks. :(
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I have not bought it yet, but after hearing this, I think I will wait till they get this ironed out!
    I have not bought it yet, but after hearing this, I think I will wait till they get this ironed out!

I bought it day 1 through Origin and was not double charged.

I figure it was just a glitch.
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    edited May 2015
    I wasn't double charged for the sp, but I noticed every time I buy something on origin I'm charged the game price, and then I'm also charged an extra dollar separately for some reason? Anyone else? ....
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    I wasn't double charged for the sp, but I noticed every time I buy something on origin I'm charged the game price, and then I'm also charged an extra dollar separately for some reason? Anyone else? ....

Huh. How weird. I've never had that.
    surraaaaaa wrote: »

That extra $1 is a pre authorization to make sure the card is good and will not go through and returned when the actual charge goes through. Many place do this.

• Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I believe that I was because I started out with $35 in my EA wallet, and now that total is down to about $10. I thought this Stuff Pack was suppose to be only $9.99. :/

It's $9.99 plus tax. It ends up being around $10.30 or so.
    Kim5496 wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »

It's $9.99 plus tax. It ends up being around $10.30 or so.
    I know, but still even with the tax. There is no way that the balance in my EA Wallet could have gone from $35 down to only $10. If you do the math, with the said price of $9.99 + tax. The balance in my EA Wallet should be just under $25. But it's not, it said that I have a remaining balance of $10 in my EA Wallet. That's proof in it's self that I was double charged for Luxury Party. :(