Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    edited May 2015
    Congratulations to all the Winners! And, I have to say you are so all so deserving of your placements! I was just so glad i got home in time to take part! =) Great builds everyone!

Oh and thank you to @BuildnShare for your comments. To be honest I wasn't completely happy with this build and agree 100% with your comments =)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    congrats @kezflake , @Issabella14 & @Nhicks ! All amazing builds :)
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Well done everyone, super builds really enjoyed seeing everyone's creativity flowing!
    Thanks @BuildnShare I will take your comments on board, I really miss CAS for colour matching!
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    edited May 2015
    Congratulations to @kezflake , @issabella14 , and @Nhicks Job well done!! <3
    Thank you buildnshare for the constructive critique, will try 2 improve on those points :)
    Post edited by Zita1966z on
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    congrats to @kezflake , @Issabella14 & @Nhicks and thank you to @BuildnShare for the feedback
  • benlow11benlow11 Posts: 83 Member
    Congratulations everyone who placed in challenge 18. Thank you @BuildnShare for the feedback-I had a hard time keeping the flooring facing the direction I wanted (assuming you aren't talking about the squares I intentionally turned in front of the door). :)
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited May 2015
    Thanks @BuildnShare for 2nd place, great review and your encourament. :) This is was really a tuff call to make with all the amazing entries. Woot Woot @kexflake, a well deserved win. Congrats @Nhicks for the placing. <3:) Thanks to all for the support . <3:)
    p.s. See you in the expert div, @gmcrozier and @kameliaxxx.
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
  • GuruFanNo1GuruFanNo1 Posts: 389 Member
    @BuildnShare Uhm..congrats to the winners, but (thank you freedom of speech) do not agree with either 17 or 18 results (with an exception here and there) Better builders are being overseen and this is a competition is it not? Maybe you can post a judging criteria so the followers can know what you judge on...
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited May 2015
    GuruFanNo1 wrote: »
    @BuildnShare Uhm..congrats to the winners, but (thank you freedom of speech) do not agree with either 17 or 18 results (with an exception here and there) Better builders are being overseen and this is a competition is it not? Maybe you can post a judging criteria so the followers can know what you judge on...

Hi there @GuruFanNo1, we make it very evident as to what and how all the builds are judged on. We judge purely on media submitted for builds, as we cannot download each and every build, it would make the judging process far too cumbersome. We do make this perfectly clear in all the information provided on the front page of the thread. Everyone is, of course, entitled to their own opinions. Thank you for your feedback, we don't mind some constructive criticism ourselves :)

GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare appreciate your response <3 . Also thank you for not misunderstanding my post as plumand understanding that as followers of your thread we want to feel at east asking, commenting and be opinionated without being persecuted for it <3

I admit I am not good builder, but I am a downloader. And that is the point I was trying to make with the previous post. If you download the builds you can see the vast differences in your selections and the other builds. Pictures can be very misleading .My family and I have a get together and simming day once a week and download the entries to "inspect" them and because of that we were very surprised with the results posted. Not taking anything away anything from any of the winners. We just wanted to know what method you used to reach your conclusion. Now we know.

Just for fun, we also rate the builds with every challenge you post and these were our results after downloading the builds lol :)

Challenge 18:

1st: @Kameliaxxx for Peacefull (runaway winner)
    2nd:@Masajo for Sweethearts
    3rd: @Lisa17ann for New Beginnings

Challenge 17:

1st: @Misscbong for Millienium Library
    2nd:@Zita1966 for DC Founders Library
    3rd: @Kezflake for DCIII Central Library

Thank you for allowing me to view out thoughts on your amazing thread <3

@GuruFanNo1 - We have a set criteria for judging, have provided info on this criteria and continue to adhere to it. Whether you think someone is a better builder or not is your own judgement and you are free to make it. We make ours based on years of experience in judging these things. If you disagree with our decisions, that is your choice, as is remaining in these forums and continuing to be a part of BNS.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare No offense was intended. My husband and sister are both professional architects and that's probably why we have such a passion for this game, sharing it with our kids and family lol We might not have years experience in judging toys or games but I can assure you we have many years experience judging the real thing. All we really wanted to know is what you score or how you score, now that we know you judge only from a slideshow it would have been nice to know how you score. Simply because we are interested in the process. lol Example roofing 8/10, garden 7/10 style 8/10 etc etc and how it is all put together.

We honestly love following this thread with intense interest. <3

@GuruFanNo1 - While we do have criteria that we all have to follow (listed on each and every challenge), we do not have an individual scoring system. Each judge has their own method of deciding how to rank them based on what works best for the judge. Some use a star system, others use a point system, and still others simply count up the number of critiques versus positives. We are thrilled that you are so interested in our process and the challenge. We hope you will continue to enjoy it.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2015
    Grr, double post!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Well @GuruFanNo1 I can't argue that you have good taste! lol :D I honestly don't know how they can pick a winner because I feel like everyone does such an amazing job! :)

• KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    GuruFanNo1 wrote: »
    I admit I am not good builder, but I am a downloader. And that is the point I was trying to make with the previous post. If you download the builds you can see the vast differences in your selections and the other builds. Pictures can be very misleading .My family and I have a get together and simming day once a week and download the entries to "inspect" them and because of that we were very surprised with the results posted. Not taking anything away anything from any of the winners. We just wanted to know what method you used to reach your conclusion. Now we know.

@GuruFanNo1 - Thank you for your interest in the Build-n-Share Challenge. I'm thrilled that you and your family have so much fun downloading and looking at the builds our community members work so hard to create and share :)

I think you may be somewhat missing the point of the challenge though. I have been around since about the 2nd or 3rd week of the challenge back in way back in 2009, started as judge around 2010, and started co-hosting BnS when the original hosts of the challenge had RL developments that began to take them away from the Sims community. Since the beginning, BuildnShare has never really been a "competition." It's more of a tight-knit community built around a common passion (The Sims) and a common interest in learning more about building better homes and lots for the game.

Yes, there is judging and feedback, but the main purpose is not so much to declare a winner. It's to provide a forum for creators to challenge themselves, share their work, and learn from others. Growth and improvement are just as valued as winning, imho.

In that vein, I invite you and your family members to join our community, take on a challenge, and learn more about what makes a great, well-rounded build in the game. We look forward to helping you grow as Sims builders.

Peace and Happy Simming

kitkat <3
    Thank you @KitKat7147 for your lovely post. I might just consider your proposal, my mediocre building can only improve from the experience :)
  • KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited June 2015
    when will new results be posted? or did I miss them? :3

nervermind think im just confused :/

challenge 19 results?
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #19 - DOUBLE TAKE

@Cerrydd

The architecture of this duplex is amazing, great choice of wall treatments really help cement the MCM style. The roofline is well executed. The landscaping is stunning, awesome use of terrain paints and planting that makes the duplex feel that a cohesive build from the exterior. What an ingenious idea for the carports!! and well, I really don’t know what to say about your back porch area, truly impressive work. The layout works well and you have done a great job capturing the ‘mirror’. Your interior palette's work well throughout both homes, I love that they are so distinct, yet you can tell they are made from the same floor plan. You made really great use of Sim Photo’s and MOO, especially in your kitchen areas, I think that your kitchens are my favourite areas of this build.

Suggestions: Labels on your pictures.

@Issabella14

I can see these buildings nestled in a European city! The architecture is incredibly well thought out and you have made really interesting use of exterior wall treatments to enhance this feeling. I am truly impressed with your landscaping, it’s so modern and funky and I adore that little gardening station. The layout works well and you have done a great job capturing the ‘mirror’. Your interiors are well planned out and both parts feel cohesive to their styles. you have added some really lovely personal touches to each building to really help them feel individual while being on a mirrored floor plan. You have made some really exceptional use of MOO and the object enlargement tool.

Suggestions: Duplex’s normally have a shared wall. I feel that you could have made much more use of the rear of the build, some windows out back would have added interest to the rear of the build. The landscaping feels a little at odds with the style of the architecture, more modern than I think suits it.

@gmcrozier

This build has some really interesting architecture to it, the flat roof fits in well. Your landscaping is well thought out and you have made some really good use of the terrain painting tool. That lovely inner courtyard is a considerate detail. The layout works well and you have done a great job capturing the ‘mirror’. Your interior palette works well throughout both homes and they are both extremely cohesive, especially with the object choices you have made. You have made some really great use of the MOO tool in this build.

Suggestions: The front of the build feel a little ‘off’ with no windows. A couple of your pictures feel very dark, think about using buydebug lighting to help showcase your lot.

@misscbong

What an incredibly quaint duplex! The architecture is so well thought out, having one side slightly further back than the other was a really great idea, it works incredibly well. The exterior wall treatments really help set the tone with this build, as does the landscaping, such wonderful use of terrain paints and planting. The layout works well and you have done a great job capturing the ‘mirror’. Your interior palette is lovely, for both homes, it works well throughout and helps both feel incredibly cohesive. There are some really great decorative touches in both homes that help identify which couple lives in each house. you have made some fantastic use of MOO.

Suggestions: I struggled to find anything to suggest that would improve these homes, except that there seemed to be a couple of bare surfaces, that could have benefitted from some clutter or plants and there was no kitchen bin in either home.

@masajo

I am truly blown away by your creativity on the architecture of this build, everything at the front of the house helps to set the tone of the build from the wall treatments, the friezes, the columns and the windows. Your landscaping fits really well as well, very simple, yet the interest that those diagonals make is amazing. The layout works well and you have done a great job capturing the ‘mirror’, I adore those little balconies and am so pleased that you kept them ‘separate’. yet each couple can talk to the other if they happen to be out at the same time. You have made some really great use of MOO throughout your build. Your interiors are fantastic, the palette’s work well in both homes, your use of lights as decorative features is amazing.

Suggestions: it would have been nice to have seen some touches of each couple's interests in their homes

@kameliaxxx

The architecture for this build is amazing, so modern and your exterior treatment choices help cement that style, as does that amazing landscaping. The roofline and accents you have used look fantastic. You have made some really great living areas outside. The layout works well and you have done a great job capturing the ‘mirror’. Your interior palette’s flow well and help both apartments feel cohesive. You have come up with some incredibly ingenious uses of some of the items in the game, using those lights as shelves in the bathroom for example. I can tell that you gave object choice a huge amount of thought, it really shows.

Suggestions: It would have been easier to judge this build, had you included all the lot pictures in one showcase. Personally, I think that Natalia and Matteo’s bathroom is a little busy, maybe had you used a more plain tile, without that brown colour it would have seemed more cohesive. I would also be interested to know if those pedestal sinks are still usable.

The Winner Is....

@Cerrydd

2nd Place goes to

@masajo

GArBA5W.jpg
    Congratulations @Cerrydd and @masajo :)

• Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited June 2015
    Congrats to @Cerrydd and @masajo, well deserved win and 2nd place. Thank you @BuildnShare for the feedback on my build. :)
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
  • kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    Well done @Cerrydd and @masajo very well deserved :)<3
  • KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    congrats <3
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Congrats to all, I am in Awe of your Expertise!
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    edited June 2015
    Big congratulations @Cerrydd your build is awesome and your win is very well deserved :)
    Thank you @BuildnShare for your wonderful comments and to you all for your good wishes, very much appreciated :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top