Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2/Origin Question

sadieq98sadieq98 Posts: 7 New Member
Okay so when I first got into The Sims I bought all of The Sims 2 expansion packs but I never had a Origin/EA account because I didn't know much about it and I just really wanted to get into the game. I loved the game and when The Sims 3 came out I bought this as well but the computer I was using didn't have a high enough graphics card and so I switched to play that game. I now have a origin account (obviously) and a computer with better graphics. I found all my old Sims 2 games and was wondering if there's any way of putting them on my computer I have the codes but my computer doesn't have a CD slot so is there a way of somehow transferring them and just typing in the code??

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    If you contact customer support they may be able to help as they recently put The Sims 2 ultimate pack that I think has all the sims 2 games on it. If they give you access to that you might be able to download it. Their contact info is at the bottom of this page under the Help heading.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    edited May 2015
    Hello and welcome to the forums... :)

You might try getting in contact with Customer Service and giving them one of the codes to so you could try to get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection that came out last year that has all of the EP's, SP's and the Holiday Pack all into one bundle. Then that way, you won't have to worry about trying to install the game with the disk. Hope this helps.. :)

edit: I was a little too slow to the draw as Karritz beat me to it... :p
  • Options
    thank you guys so much, I will try that!! :)
  • Options
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 they said they couldn't help me because i need the bill receipt?? that's dumb it came out like over 10 years ago who keeps their receipts for 10 years :/
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    sadieq98 wrote: »
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 they said they couldn't help me because i need the bill receipt?? that's dumb it came out like over 10 years ago who keeps their receipts for 10 years :/

I think it depends on who you get. I had to take a photo of the Sims 2 disks as proof (no receipt requested but I do have one). Contact live chat again, you may get someone else who can help you. I got my download of TS2 UC about 2 weeks ago, it's worth it. :)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Well, I guess that leaves you with at least two options:

1 - purchase an external USB DVD dive. I saw some for $25-30 on newegg.

2 - find a friend with a computer which has a DVD drive and copy the install files to a USB key drive, then install on your computer from the USB drive. Follow the instructions here. It's imperative you follow the folder naming exactly or the install won't work. I myself did this a very long time ago just to make reinstalling TS2 and all the EPs I had much easier. (I also kept a notepad file with all the registration/serial keys along with the install folders so I could copy/paste the numbers instead of typing them all in each time, and for safe keeping). I've only installed this way from a hard drive, but I imagine a USB drive should work, providing it's large enough to hold everything. Back in the day they didn't come that large, lol.
  • Options
    > @joleaco said:
    > sadieq98 wrote: »
    >
    > 🐸🐸🐸🐸 they said they couldn't help me because i need the bill receipt?? that's dumb it came out like over 10 years ago who keeps their receipts for 10 years :/
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think it depends on who you get. I had to take a photo of the Sims 2 disks as proof (no receipt requested but I do have one). Contact live chat again, you may get someone else who can help you. I got my download of TS2 UC about 2 weeks ago, it's worth it. :)

they offered me this option too after I got a little upset over this so hopefully it all works out. I only have the codes for like half of my games though but I still have the CD's is this something i should address?
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    sadieq98 wrote: »
    > @joleaco said:
    > sadieq98 wrote: »
    >
    > 🐸🐸🐸🐸 they said they couldn't help me because i need the bill receipt?? that's dumb it came out like over 10 years ago who keeps their receipts for 10 years :/
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think it depends on who you get. I had to take a photo of the Sims 2 disks as proof (no receipt requested but I do have one). Contact live chat again, you may get someone else who can help you. I got my download of TS2 UC about 2 weeks ago, it's worth it. :)

they offered me this option too after I got a little upset over this so hopefully it all works out. I only have the codes for like half of my games though but I still have the CD's is this something i should address?

The guy I had on live chat just asked for a photo of the disks with the live chat ref number written on a piece of paper to be place on top. I didn't have to give any codes. It looks like they what need for proof is up to the individual customer service person, some people have not had to give any proof at all.

Just try again and ask them what can you do to prove that you have the collection, see if they will accept a photo like they did with me.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    Just keep trying! Surprisingly, I wasn't even asked to give proof (even though I do have the base game and the majority of EP/SP's). He just asked me to confirm my security question and added it to my account. It all depends on who you get. Lots of people try 5 or so times before they get someone good.
  • Options
    joralydjoralyd Posts: 55 Member
    yeah, keep trying they will give it to you eventually.

I got mine about a month ago and I had to take a picture of the disk and registration code. They did ask me for a receipt at first and I told them it was impossible so the guy went away to talk to someone else then came back and said "just this once I'll give it to you" LOL I don't know why they make a big deal out of it, it's not like we can buy it from origin.

personally I think if you are a long time sim player and own a lot of sims games they should automatically add it to your Origin collection as a reward, they aren't selling it anymore so they wouldn't be losing out on revenue but they would gain a lot of praise from loyal sims fans.
    I took the pledge