Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fertility treatment bug?

Hi Simmers,

I have given my married male and female Sims the Fertility Treatment in hopes for multiples but now with 5 individual children, it never happened. Is Fertility Treatment just meant to increase the chances to get pregnant and not have multiples?

Thank you for your help.

-Rory

Comments

• Snowyy93Snowyy93 Posts: 40 New Member
    Ahh I'm wondering the same thing! I gave my Sim the fertility treatment and so far I've gotten four individual children. I wonder if something is wrong or not; it's my first time giving a Sim the fertility treatment so I have no idea..
  • RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    Snowyy93, I have no clue...
  • pageybearpageybear Posts: 180 Member
    Its increases both getting pregnant and chances of twins and triplets. I have had the fertility thing on and got singles before too though it seems a little odd you got 4 in a row to me. Maybe just unlucky. :neutral:
    Pageybear, I have had 5 pregnancies all resulting in 5 single children. Kind of a bummer. But it was kind of funny when Channing Tatum was my delivery doctor, I forgot I loaded him into my game! :)
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    I'm having issues with the trait too since the May patch.
    I'm doing the 100 baby challenge so its being well tested in my game LOL.
    Before the patch, my Sim had 4 sets of twins (with one single in th e middle of the batch). After the patch she's had 6 or more (I've lost count a little and don't have my notes on me atm) and no twins or triplets.
    [quote="Spacey72659;13651269"]I'm having issues with the trait too since the May patch.
    I'm doing the 100 baby challenge so its being well tested in my game LOL.
    Before the patch, my Sim had 4 sets of twins (with one single in th e middle of the batch). After the patch she's had 6 or more (I've lost count a little and don't have my notes on me atm) and no twins or triplets. [/quote]

Same here. Also testing it out in my 100 baby challenge. I've had 5-6 individual children by now..
    This is my first time with pregnancies in the game. A bit disappointed. I'm doing the ABC challenge. I guess it will just take longer to have 26 kids then. I'm surprised to see that so many people are having a hard time.
    My sims just had back to back sets of twins and she doesn't have the fertility trait :dizzy:
    Oh pageybear!!! Was she doing anything in particular? Listening to music? Eating anything?
    I didn't notice her doing anything special. First she had b/g twins and then another set of the same. I was surprised. I was actually hoping to have 3 kids so i got bonus haha.
  • meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    Twins have always been a bit wonky in TS4. Prior to the patch almost all births in my game were multiples. The patch broke my game completely so I haven't had a chance to test since then. If I can get it working again I'll try some tests on a new save.
    Meubanks, the last patch made my game wonky, too.
    Pageybear, congrats on the bonus kid! ::::throws confetti::::: :)
  • imey82imey82 Posts: 70 Member
    I think i'm having the same issue! Im doing a 100 baby challenge, and out of 14 kids, my sim has only had 2 sets of twins (one set was the first pregnancy, which was before she even got the fertility treatment!) I know in a fairly recent patch, EA lowered the rate of multiples, do you think that maybe they accidently also altered the rate of multiples for when a sim has the fertility treatment? The treatment seems to be working in the sense that she only ever has to try for baby once to get pregnant, but this is a surprising lack of multiples (1 out of 10 pregnancies, not counting when she didn't have the treatment for the first twins)
    On another note, does listening to kids music or watching kids tv up the chances for multiples in TS4 like it did in TS3?
    To be honest, I got tired of not being able to have twins or triplets, so I installed a Pregnancy Mod. I don't use it for my 100 baby challenge, because that would be cheating, but I use it for all my other saves. It helps a lot!
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    I have an multiple odds multiplier mod from MTS (I can't link because I'm at work) and it changes the percentage of singles, twins, triplets, and even quads and quints (none of the last two yet!). I recently moved out four spares in my legacy and three of them had twins. O_O
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    I'm still trying hard here. Still single babies.
  • NightSimNightSim Posts: 33 Member
    Thanks guys. I was worried my game was broken. It must be the update.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    NightSim wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I was worried my game was broken. It must be the update.

Hello @NightSim .
    Are you having issues with not having multiples in births?

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
    thanks
    I have the fertility treatment trait on both of my parent sims and done everything I could but no twins or triplets! I am sad but that is a big part of the game for me! I had 6 single children! I will try what @rosemow said and hope it works!
    edited February 2016
    I have the fertility treatment trait on both of my parent sims and done everything I could but no twins or triplets! I am sad but that is a big part of the game for me! I had 6 single children! I will try what @rosemow said and hope it works!

Hello @NightSim. If your household has 6 children and two parents, you will not be able to have any more sims in the household. There is a maximum of 8 sims in the household unless you have a mod.

Edit : if you have mods/cc in your game, remove them and see if that helps with the issue of not having multiple births.
    Post edited by rosemow on
    What is the options.ini file?
    edited February 2016
    What is the options.ini file?

The options.ini file is the same as the file called options in the sims 4 folder. Some computers show the file as options.ini whilst others show the file with the name options on it.

The file contains the game setttings that you have set in the game options section in-game.
    The kids are not in the household