Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worth It?

AJroxs18AJroxs18 Posts: 311 Member
So I forgot to buy an Origin game card to purchase this new stuff pack. And I might be lucky because I read one unhappy Simmer's review and now am worried for purchasing it and wasting $10. So, for you guys who bought it, should I get it or just use the game card to get Outdoor Retreat or even TS3? (if I got a $60 game card I could probably get Outdoor and TS3 Starter Pack) :smile:
>>>:Follow me on Origin and follow on the Gallery: @ AJroxs18:<<<

Comments

• Options
    IconicIconic Posts: 427 Member
    Well, it depends on your preference and what your expectations are. Outdoor Retreat was a great little game pack that added a nice camping theme to the game. There were still missed opportunities for more out of it, but it was decent for what it was. Luxury Stuff is, well...luxury stuff. It adds luxury themed content and small pieces of new gameplay mechanics, but it's honestly something anyone could live without. It's only $10 so even if it doesn't meet expectations, at least you've got some nice new items to show for it.

Comparing a stuff pack to a game pack is apples and oranges. A stuff pack contains, well...stuff. A game pack offers more, which is why it's an additional $10 ($20 total.)
    Yes, I am the one obsessed with Michael Myers.
    Origin ID: iRetr0
    tumblr_ph50sjUexV1r2aobgo3_540.gif
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited May 2015
    Well, it depends on your preference and what your expectations are. Outdoor Retreat was a great little game pack that added a nice camping theme to the game. There were still missed opportunities for more out of it, but it was decent for what it was. Luxury Stuff is, well...luxury stuff. It adds luxury themed content and small pieces of new gameplay mechanics, but it's honestly something anyone could live without. It's only $10 so even if it doesn't meet expectations, at least you've got some nice new items to show for it.

Comparing a stuff pack to a game pack is apples and oranges. A stuff pack contains, well...stuff. A game pack offers more, which is why it's an additional $10 ($20 total.)

Yeah, I agree with this. I got it and it's just fine for what it is supposed to add to the game. *shrugs* If you've played the sims 2 or the sims 3 than you already know what to expect in a "Stuff Pack" and that's exactly what you get...a stuff pack. It adds some hair, clothes, buy mode stuff, and jewelery and probably stuff I can't think of at the moment.

You have to read "reviews" on this site with a grain of salt. A lot of these people have expectations that are beyond reasonable and that's in both directions. Some people think the sun, moon and earth all rise and fall on this game and it's the "BEST Sims game EVER" others, on the other hand, think this game is terrible, that no one with a brain likes it, and they will tell you about how bad it is. Then you get everyone in between the two extremes.

I suggest you do the research, and look at what they offer in this pack. If you like it, get it. If you don't then wait til something you like better comes along.

Personally, I'm happy with it. It adds a new flavor to the game and I'm having fun with what I got.

Happy Simming.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Wait for a sale when it becomes 50% off, then you can buy it for $5 instead of $10. You may still feel ripped off but it's a better price than $10.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I like shiny things. It's full of shiny things. Worth it for me. Maybe not for people who aren't into shiny so much.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    @writetheeulogy Thanks for the response! My expectations aren't high because of the low price (but I still love it) so I will end up buying this! :blush:

@windweaver Thanks for responding. I agree that some people here are just pessimistic and only see the bad side of this game. I will buy this pack though, $10 isn't that bad :)

@Sul5ul Thanks for making the comparison with past stuff packs like this. My sims don't necessarily party a lot but I will still buy this and probably like it! :relaxed:

@aws200 I doubt they'd do a 50% sale for something that's only $10, however it would be nice. But because I'm impatient I'll buy it! :joy:

@luthienrising See shiny. Go to shiny. Hold shiny. Hug shiny. Love shiny. Be shiny :lol:
  • Options
    jewelcrazy85jewelcrazy85 Posts: 25 Member
    To me I love it the Hair is great the dresses and the jewelry!!!! mostly that's what I wanted was those things.
  • Options
    SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    I was gonna get it, but then I saw that in the UK it's £7.99, which equates to $12.39. It's pretty unfair that EA are overcharging us in the UK, I was expecting it to be less than that over here, at least the equivalent of $9.99 :/

In any case, there doesn't seem to be a lot included. I watched the launch trailer and thought 'meh', so I guess I'll wait until it's discounted or go without.

Depends on what you like though, if your sims have a lot of parties then it's probably worth getting :) Mine very rarely do though!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    SlyBoots wrote: »
    I was gonna get it, but then I saw that in the UK it's £7.99, which equates to $12.39. It's pretty unfair that EA are overcharging us in the UK, I was expecting it to be less than that over here, at least the equivalent of $9.99 :/

In any case, there doesn't seem to be a lot included. I watched the launch trailer and thought 'meh', so I guess I'll wait until it's discounted or go without.

Depends on what you like though, if your sims have a lot of parties then it's probably worth getting :) Mine very rarely do though!

IS VAT included in that? Because that UK price difference is actually almost entirely what would be VAT. (I did the math this aft.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Sul5ul wrote: »
    Hi,

The content might not be everyone's "cup of tea," if you don't play parties or dress your Sims in formal clothes you wouldn't get much use out of it. But in regards to content and price it is VERY worth it. The Sims 3 Store set Le Cirque Celebration! gave you the chocolate fountain and then 49 build/CAS assets for 3142 Points (which works out at just over $30). Here, you get the chocolate fountain and 51 build/CAS assets for $10. So, theme is obviously subjective but for price vs. content? Definitely.

@SUL5UL I think that sums it up perfectly.

While "this" SP is not for me, I will await to see what future SP's are for my style. And the price seems reasonable enough as well. It's just that this particular pack is not my style, as to say an Outdoor Stuff or perhaps Bathroom & Kitchen Stuff Pack would & I would most definitely purchase those at the 10$ price.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    I really hope we can more home furniture.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    BBadictBBadict Posts: 282 Member
    This really tells me that The Sims team is out of ideas. Remember The Sims 2? I do. I still have all the boxes of expansions and stuff packs. Whats this? The Sims 2 Glamour Life? It was a much better value if you ask me. It also seemed really rushed due to the sudden announcement, the trailer coming out in the 11th hour and the serious lack of objects. Even with the lowered price it feels like the Sims 3 Online store.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    Well for 10$ I guess I can't say too much, because the stuff packs for sims 3 are 19$ still, even though I keep hearing this sp that was released the object's are not a whole lot
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    windweaver wrote: »
    You have to read "reviews" on this site with a grain of salt. A lot of these people have expectations that are beyond reasonable and that's in both directions. Some people think the sun, moon and earth all rise and fall on this game and it's the "BEST Sims game EVER" others, on the other hand, think this game is terrible, that no one with a brain likes it, and they will tell you about how bad it is. Then you get everyone in between the two extremes.

Very true, indeed, and that's been a factor since day one.
    I mean, you do get a nice amount of items for $10 and if you want to do the math, the items average individually at less than $1 a piece; breaking down a full price into smaller segments for comparison reasons tend to help some people better justify their spending.

Personally, after seeing the content that comes with Luxury Party Stuff, I can personally do without at the moment, perhaps indefinitely. It's rare that my Sims attend any gatherings that call for luxurious attire and if they do, I think there's enough base game content to supplement the requirement. I don't much care for the new vest and jacket for the men and only really appreciate one of the dresses for the women. The new hairstyles are lovely and I would like to add them to my game, but that's pretty much it.

I doubt this stuff pack will go on sale any time soon, so I'll probably just hold off until it does, or I have an extra $10 with nothing better to spend it on.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to a simple question: "Do I really want this enough to spend X amount of money on it and is it worth the asking price?"
  • Options
    finefashionistafinefashionista Posts: 168 Member
    SlyBoots wrote: »

It's $6.99 (around £4.40) if you were to take a trip to Mexico to buy it...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    It's $6.99 (around £4.40) if you were to take a trip to Mexico to buy it...

Um...a flight to Mexico from the UK is £750. Why would anyone go through all that just to save £3.59? You end up spending more money!
  • Options
    Hey all! So thanks for this many responses, I ended up getting it! I went to GameStop, bought two of the sims $25 game cards, went home downloaded this stuff pack and since I had extra money I got Outdoor Retreat too. I have yet to try them out though because I didn't have time for it last night and just got home recently. Trying it out now :smile::open_mouth:
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited May 2015
    I have very mixed feelings on it. While there are 40 new CAS items there are only 12 new build/buy items. I'm more into build/buy stuff, so for me that is seriously lacking. On the other hand, having new things to make my sims unique is welcome.

I would have preferred a different theme, however. For me, I'm not super excited by fancy, rich sim things, party things etc. I'd rather a "poor sims stuff pack" or a "crazy sims stuff pack". Meaning things that are more quirky. I know most don't feel the same as I do, but these are just my opinions.
  • Options
    butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    Luxury has been a part of the sims for a long time, so it doesn't surprise me that this is their first SP. I personally love it. OP, let us know how you enjoy it. Happy simming!