Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, what TV shows are you into right now?

kaykayhydekaykayhyde Posts: 15 New Member
I always love hearing what shows people watch and why. Maybe you'll find your new favorite show from a suggestion you got from someone else!

Personally, I really, really enjoy Steven Universe. I honestly didn't expect to like it all but a coworker talked me into watching "just one episode" (famous last words) aaand I was caught up within three days. I haven't been the "target audience" for many years, but it's so deep and deals with so many themes that kids shows never do and it's got such a great, diverse cast of characters, it's so nice to look at a popular character and relate to them in multiple ways.

Of course I also love Game of Thrones and Hannibal so I'm not exclusively into kids shows, but I find people need a little more cajoling to watch cartoons so that's my pitch!

So what shows do you think people should watch and why?

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    When it comes to still running shows, I watch Modern Family. I'm more into the internet than TV these days, but Modern Family is the exception. It's an excellent sitcom that's on its 6th season, and it doesn't need a laugh track in order to be funny. :)

We also have Friends and House on DVD, but I haven't seen all the episodes of House. Apparently Jeremy Renner was one of the patients in an earlier season.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    The O'Reilly Factor
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited May 2015
    I love American Horror Story, Criminal Minds, and I watch Wendy Williams (talk show) almost everyday.
  • MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    I have a lot of favorites but my recent ones are Parks and Recreation, Arrested Development, and Better Off Ted (which sounds like a lame sitcom but it isn't, it's actually pretty great. although and I could've done without the annoying little pest that is Linda Zwordling)
    44444.gif
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    All I watch on tv is the news, game of thrones (when it's on, which is now), and the walking dead (again, when it's on). I like doing more productive things than watching tv. :p
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Grace and Frankie on Netflix
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Grimm is over, The Walking Dead is over, Big Bang Theory is over (all these just for the seasons thankfully will be back in the fall!) and Supernatural is awful of late. Game of Thrones has turned boring. So this summer I got nothing but TWD spin off to come at some point. Maybe it's time to catch up on my back log of DVDS I've yet to watch.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    I've laughed so hard watching Louie that I had to pause it a few times and wait for myself to calm down before I could continue. I can't remember having that reaction to any other show before, and it's weird because Louie is actually depressing as plum. But I guess that's where my head is at right now.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Cricket426Cricket426 Posts: 41 Member
    Mob Wives.

If you don't know what Mob Wives is it is literally the trainwreck you can't stop looking at that for some reason makes you laugh like a maniac.
    I uh, don't know where I went with that but it went somewhere.

Just don't take it seriously and watch it and you will love it hands down.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Grimm and Once upon a Time.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • 0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    A lot of the TV shows that I watch are now over and I have to wait for the next season, so right now I'm watching Game of Thrones, The Flash, Penny Dreadful and anxiously waiting for Orange is the New Black!

I'm also just finishing the latest episode The Following, which has been cancelled. Unfortunately!
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    edited May 2015
    Once Upon A Time (As you could assume, given my username! Yes, it's based on Robert Carlyle's deliciously evil character) I'm actually not too fond of the series, Rumpelstiltskin/Mr. Gold is really the only motivator that keeps me watching, and maybe the other selection of the male cast that I'm rather crushing on. (Mad Hatter, Hook, Lancelot, Prince Charming, etc!) I'm only on Episode 4 of Series 2 at the moment, no spoilers, please!
  • pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    Doctor Who
    Californication (know it ended, but catching up on it on Netflix)
    Sherlock
    Once Upon a Time
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • youcrAzy13youcrAzy13 Posts: 213 Member
    I dont watch television. But right now im into Game of Thrones.
    Always and forever, Alyssa Edwards
    bibbby%20b.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I have a lot of favorites but my recent ones are Parks and Recreation, Arrested Development, and Better Off Ted (which sounds like a lame sitcom but it isn't, it's actually pretty great. although and I could've done without the annoying little pest that is Linda Zwordling)

I've seen an episode or two of Better Off Ted when I was channel surfing once. It's quite underrated; at least I think so since I found it amusing as a high schooler. I like the one where Portia de Rossi tries to not be the evil boss and literally lets her hair down, only to go back to her ways in the end because she couldn't take being nice. :lol:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    Game of Thrones, Penny Dreadful, Outlander. Bitten, Lost Girl. When it returns DE Vinci Demons, Down ton Abby. In the past I watched Being Human, True Blood, The Borgia's it is gone only had maybe two seasons. I am sure there were others but it escapes me at the moment. :)
    Happy Simming,
    Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Grimm is over, The Walking Dead is over, Big Bang Theory is over (all these just for the seasons thankfully will be back in the fall!) and Supernatural is awful of late. Game of Thrones has turned boring. So this summer I got nothing but TWD spin off to come at some point. Maybe it's time to catch up on my back log of DVDS I've yet to watch.

Just last Sunday my husband and I were talking about GOT getting a little boring. Glad to know it's not just us. Did you ever get around to watching Six Feet Under?

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright

Just last Sunday my husband and I were talking about GOT getting a little boring. Glad to know it's not just us. Did you ever get around to watching Six Feet Under?

*blush* I did not. All five seasons of that and all the seasons of Medium have been staring at me from my shelves for years now.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

*blush* I did not. All five seasons of that and all the seasons of Medium have been staring at me from my shelves for years now.

I watch shows on my Kindle when I go to bed so my husband doesn't have to "be burdened" with some of my choices. :D. Since I haven't seen it for a couple of years I'm watching Six Feet again now. I still think it has one of the best, most satisfying series finale I've ever seen.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • kaykayhydekaykayhyde Posts: 15 New Member
    I forgot about a lot of these shows! Yeah, I definitely love Parks and Rec and American Horror Story. I used to be super into Dr. Who during the RTD era, but lately It's started to become kinda meh for me. I love GOT, but I do have to agree it's gotten kind of boring and I'm not into a lot of the things they've done in the show (looking at you, last week's finale), but I still have such a love for it that I'll keep watching it.

I've also just started watching Futurama (10 years late, I know) and An Idiot Abroad, which are both pretty good. Also I watched a couple episodes of Pushing Daisies recently, which was adorable just like Lee Pace himself is :D

My all-time laugh-out-loud show has to be Whose Line though. I swear the phrase "ugly laugh" was coined when a neighbor heard me laugh at it...
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited May 2015
    The shows that are over for the season.
    the 100. A science fiction show
    once upon a time. A fantasy show
    walking dead. A horror show

The shows on now
    orphan black. About a girl who finds out she's a clone. All clones played by the same actress and she's really good
    turn. About the American revolution

The shows coming soon
    h-e-double-hockey-sticks on wheels. About the railroad being built and has Colm Meany sp? from ST next generation.
    defiance. A science fiction show
    Eta. I forgot to include
    haven on the syfy channel
    The shows that are over for the season.
    the 100. A science fiction show
    once upon a time. A fantasy show
    walking dead. A horror show

The shows on now
    orphan black. About a girl who finds out she's a clone. All clones played by the same actress and she's really good
    turn. About the American revolution

The shows coming soon
    h-e-double-hockey-sticks on wheels. About the railroad being built and has Colm Meany sp? from ST next generation.
    defiance. A science fiction show

My partner likes the 100. I've tried to get into it but I just can't seem to. It's not bad or anything just too similar to too many things I've seen before and lacks really good drama IMO.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited May 2015
    - Parks and Recreation :heart:
    - Arrested Development
    - Archer
    - Sherlock
    - Supernatural (not as good as it used to be, but I still watch it)

Just started watching Game of Thrones and Marco Polo too.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    - Parks and Recreation :heart:
    - Arrested Development
    - Archer
    - Sherlock
    - Supernatural (not as good as it used to be, but I still watch it)

Just started watching Game of Thrones and Marco Polo too.

I am 7 episodes behind of Supernatural and just cannot bring myself to care enough to watch them. :/
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    Once upon a Time and American Horror Story
    Male. INFP. Virgo.