The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• TeegersTeegers Posts: 816 Member
    Cogitotoro wrote: »
    thank you very much @Cogitotoro for the outfit its lovely :) sorry didn't thank you earlier my axolotl decided to spawn on me again and ive been up to my elbows trying to suck up eggs, I just got last batch about done the constant care stage and now looks like ill be at a few more months lol

You're welcome. And I'm so proud that I actually know what an axolotl is! Good for you perpetuating that species.

cute-animals-axolotl-swimming-pics.jpg

Awww! I think he needs a name change though - it should be axoLOLt. :)
    Hi, I'm Te-ge (pronounced TG)
    Origin ID: Teegers1
    Steam: Teegers
  • Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    bekkasan wrote: »
    thank you very much @Cogitotoro for the outfit its lovely :) sorry didn't thank you earlier my axolotl decided to spawn on me again and ive been up to my elbows trying to suck up eggs, I just got last batch about done the constant care stage and now looks like ill be at a few more months lol

I was gonna say your WHAT? and you are 'DOING WHAT...sucking up eggs??? But, thanks to @cogitotoro I am now up to speed on that. :grin:

I'd say he/she definitely has a face that a mama should love!!

LOL! Me too but I thought it was some kind of Sims thing that I had missed out on thus far!!

You're welcome. And I'm so proud that I actually know what an axolotl is! Good for you perpetuating that species.

cute-animals-axolotl-swimming-pics.jpg

And @Cogitotoro wins first prize for cutest pic ever and knowing what the heck an axolotl is! Yeah, I typed that about four times before I finally spelled it right.
    I still don't get what it is, but it's awfully cute!
  • mercurydustinmercurydustin Posts: 43 Member
    its a salamander that's believed to be extinct in the wild from mexico they have survived as research animals and as pets, I breed them and a few other species of amphibians, they are adorable, friendly and about as intelligent as a slow cat, and in most cases can regenerate almost any body part even critical organs, my youngest son got me into them he loves frogs and toads, especially tadpoles he wanted a animal that stayed like a tadpole forever after much research I found these guys in an old textbook and then managed to track a few breeders down :) next thing I know a got a basement full of them luckily I rent from my parents most people wouldn't allow all the critters I keep lol
  • jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member
    its a salamander that's believed to be extinct in the wild from mexico they have survived as research animals and as pets, I breed them and a few other species of amphibians, they are adorable, friendly and about as intelligent as a slow cat, and in most cases can regenerate almost any body part even critical organs, my youngest son got me into them he loves frogs and toads, especially tadpoles he wanted a animal that stayed like a tadpole forever after much research I found these guys in an old textbook and then managed to track a few breeders down :) next thing I know a got a basement full of them luckily I rent from my parents most people wouldn't allow all the critters I keep lol

Wow, you're one cool Mom for doing that, too! If my son came to me and asked me to breed amphibians, I would just give him "the look." :smiley:
    Here, among friends, you can call me Jewels (or Julie).
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

My thread of Sincere Thanks
    No more wishlist for me! It disappeared in a poof of gift-giving smoke!
  • stephenhamburgstephenhamburg Posts: 315 Member
    edited May 2015
    Interesting little creatures, not exactly what I'd call cuddly, but then, catch me on a bad day and neither am I.

Thank you @pangolin22 for the hair and @Cogitotoro for the Afternoon Jacket and congrats on my last venue. Call Me Maybe is probably never going to be the same for me, I always used to associate that song with the US swim team for the olympics :smile:

edit 2012 :smile:
    Happy simming to all simmers.

wishlist free since 10th June 2015
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited May 2015

Research?? GASP. Won't go there... I want one.
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Well, hello again @Jaceigh, @calents, @J8K9, and @p-para-Xylene so good to hear from you; we certainly know about OE getting in the way sometimes and trying to keep up with this thread is about all you have time to do, so it's lovely to know that you're still following along and enjoying all the fun when you can.

And, as always, this thread never fails to surprise! From the history of English and it's various dialects to almost extinct amphibians!

Perhaps it's time to rename our little home here ... the TS3 Store, DD and Everything Encyclopaedia Thread? :smiley:

ajaxpost wrote: »
    Perhaps it's time to rename our little home here ... the TS3 Store, DD and Everything Encyclopaedia Thread? :smiley:

Lol, perfect.
  • gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    graphics-breakdance-060463.gif

That would be me if I were 30 years younger. And if I could dance, or stand on my head, or had rhythm. Anyway, YAAAAAAAY, internet! First world problem, I know, but whewee! !
    You all've made me feel like Sally Field at the Oscars, pelted me with gifts during my absence. I cannot tell you how frustrating it was to be able to see those gifts on my tiny, tiny phone, and not be able to download them :lol: What a wonderful problem to have :smiley:

I'm afraid I've missed the names of some folks, the gift list page got away from me, so if I missed you, thank you so much!!!

@Jemlia, thank you so much for the light! @jbsquared2000, thank you for the chair! @ajaxpost, thank you for the light! @mothersuperior2, you were naughty! Thank you for the mirror, bookshelf, plant, and light! Also thank you for the visual of an alien on a bicycle! Does that happen? @AlphaFen, thank you for the phonograph, and for keeping my spirits up, in your usual charming way :grin: ! @angeljess26, thank you for the picture! @Aaronsims, thank you for the pretty dress!

Again, if I've missed you, mea culpa! Thanks again everyone!!

PS. I've read as many of the posts as possible, my brain is full of loss and lizards. Hugs and prayers to everyone!
  • CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    So I came home from work, went on one of the forums, and my "Leave a Comment" area looked like this:

sims%20comment%20box_zpsuol3ffgs.png

I went, "Oh my goodness, they've totally changed our comment area!" and spent a little while studying it to try to figure out how it worked... before I thought to check another forum to see if it was just a glitch.

It was just a glitch. Whew!
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • TeegersTeegers Posts: 816 Member
    So I came home from work, went on one of the forums, and my "Leave a Comment" area looked like this:

sims%20comment%20box_zpsuol3ffgs.png

I went, "Oh my goodness, they've totally changed our comment area!" and spent a little while studying it to try to figure out how it worked... before I thought to check another forum to see if it was just a glitch.

It was just a glitch. Whew!

Glad it's a glitch, but wow, what a neat looking one. Wouldn't it be awesome if all the smileys we could use were lined up in a row, ready for our choosing. :)
    Hi, I'm Te-ge (pronounced TG)
    Origin ID: Teegers1
    Steam: Teegers
  • angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @gnlovew you're welcome for the gift
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
    PSA time!

Today I've been getting a bunch of our old friends, the smallish square black "broken" ads, after a loooong time of not getting them (I think I have only gotten a couple since the end of "The Big Blue" when ads were almost literally infinite). It struck me that it's possible some of our new members may not be familiar with these, and we've certainly had heartbroken simmers before who didn't know how to cope with them and missed out on many Simpoints.

So just in case any of our new members don't know the trick for these guys, here's the procedure:

Step 1) When it looks like this, click on the arrow:
    broken%20ad%20step%201_zps19tba0h0.png

Step 2) It will pause for a few seconds, and change to this (notice the 00:03 countdown, seen when you hover the mouse over the ad). Click TWO times (not a double click) anywhere:
    broken%20ad%20step%202_zpsykcfw0dk.png

Step 3) Wait through whatever it does next. You're likely to see it "play through" those 3 seconds, and to see a "Play again" button like this, but ignore it:
    broken%20ad%20step%203_zpsjsxszdzl.png

Step 4) Profit!
    broken%20ad%20step%205_zpsjvp0bpz7.png

Note: if the ad box disappears, leaving your whole screen "grayed out," I don't know of any way to make the ad pay. Reload the page and try again.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
    @Cogitotoro - thank you, thank you!!! These have been driving me nuts all day! I just tried what you said, and it worked - the clicking twice anywhere in the box, was the key. Thank you again!
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

• despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    Also, if you get a big square ad ( like the 'Stack' ads ) but it has "502 Bad Gateway" in the white field, let it run the full 60 seconds and it, too, will pay out ;)
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
    [
    So just in case any of our new members don't know the trick for these guys, here's the procedure:

Thank you so much! I'm desperate for points. I have so many people I need to buy gifts for and Sunlit Tides is coming up in SIX DAYS! Starting the countdown :D

@gnlovew Thank you so much for the halter top. I have been wanting that for a specific sim. It will look awesome on her. I won't spam up this thread with pictures though. :wink:

@Jemlia, thanks for the jacket with hoodie! Such a cool look. I'm really tired of trying to color t-shirts to look different. This will be a nice change!
    @Cogitotoro - thank you, thank you!!! These have been driving me nuts all day! I just tried what you said, and it worked - the clicking twice anywhere in the box, was the key. Thank you again!
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Thank you so much! I'm desperate for points. I have so many people I need to buy gifts for and Sunlit Tides is coming up in SIX DAYS! Starting the countdown :D

You're very welcome! I'm glad there were in fact people who didn't know how these work!

Now, does anyone know any tricks for the NEW evil broken ads, black square with a white border? Anybody else getting those?
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
    Now, does anyone know any tricks for the NEW evil broken ads, black square with a white border? Anybody else getting those?

Yes, I've been getting these too, although not as frequently. I've tried clicking around in them, and I've tried waiting them out, but nothing happens.

• scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    edited May 2015
    Until today I was able to get the white border ads to play. Open multiple tabs, load all of the ads but don't press play, then once all are loaded play them all. It seems they won't load if you have any of their previous cookies. Today I am not able to get them to load. I'm not sure why.

Edit, if you do get them to load the first cycle, clear your cookies before repeating.
    @ZeeGee, you're so welcome! :grin:

@Cogitotoro, they're making me crazy! Such a tease! :confounded:
    Oh.My.Gosh @KittyKat8103, there is much squealing going on here!! :lol: I have wanted the Last Venue of Amore since it came out!!! Thank you so much! :grin: What a lovely treat!! :smile: Thank you!!
  • ehl451ehl451 Posts: 38 Member
    > @Cogitotoro said:

> Now, does anyone know any tricks for the NEW evil broken ads, black square with a white border? Anybody else getting those?

Well, I just cleared my browser cache and that set of ads is still giving a black screen with no video. It is also popping up more than yesterday when it was working. I have noticed one of the GE ads was dying before it was done (using my dial up connection). Maybe the application is being worked on.

As an aside, if your ads get error messages on them, try to use "Reload Frame" by right clicking on top of the ad. I have saved several by doing this.
  • VGryphonVGryphon Posts: 1,310 Member
    I'm getting the evil broken ads that, even if you click on them right away tell you that the ad is unavailable. Or a static blocked black box.
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
    Click here to request a signature banner.
  • stephenhamburgstephenhamburg Posts: 315 Member
    edited May 2015
    @Cogitotoro , yes I'm getting those ads as well, for about two days now, it could become vexing if it were to continue.

@ehl451 I use the Reload Frame method as well, and it worked before for a healthy slice of those unco-operables, this new breed is proving itself to be an unpleasant 2am broken ad ritual :smile:
    Post edited by stephenhamburg on
    Happy simming to all simmers.

wishlist free since 10th June 2015
  • rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    @Cogitotoro I just before reading your tip shared my solution to getting the ad to work on my thread for all of you with tips on getting non working ads to work oh please feel free to share them on my thread the link is in my siggy
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top