Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Luxury pack on Amazon?

Does anyone know if the Luxury stuff pack released today on Origin only will be released on Amazon?
How long did it take for Outdoor Retreat to be available on Amazon after it was released on Origin?
I know it's a digital download only, but Amazon sells OR and that's also only digital download
Anyone have any info on that?

Comments

• PhotogSimPhotogSim Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited May 2015
    It took about a week for the Outdoor Retreat to show up on Amazon after it released, I imagine it will be about the same if they are going to sell the stuff pack.

The only ones who know for sure are Amazon, you could try calling customer service and asking.
  • IconicIconic Posts: 427 Member
    edited May 2015
    PhotogSim wrote: »
    It took about a week for the Outdoor Retreat to show up on Amazon after it released, I imagine it will be about the same if they are going to sell the stuff pack.

That's not true; I purchased Outdoor Retreat via Amazon a day or two after release. I only happened to do so because I forgot about Outdoor Retreat's release date and had an Amazon gift card to use. It seems that when it comes to expansion packs, they're put up as soon as they're announced. Game packs and stuff packs (since they aren't considered expansion packs) must take a back seat in terms of priority since they're never listed until the day of or the day after the release, on Amazon, anyway.
    Yes, I am the one obsessed with Michael Myers.
    Origin ID: iRetr0
    tumblr_ph50sjUexV1r2aobgo3_540.gif
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Well.... that sucks. Because my card does not work on Origin for some reason. I guess.. it might be because it's my "bank card" for my work to deposit my checks onto... but.. it's worked on other online sites.. so I don't understand why it won't work on Origin and I was able to purchase Outdoor Retreat with it on Amazon.. so. :(

I was wanting to get it on Thursday because that's payday.. but guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.
    Well.... that sucks. Because my card does not work on Origin for some reason. I guess.. it might be because it's my "bank card" for my work to deposit my checks onto... but.. it's worked on other online sites.. so I don't understand why it won't work on Origin and I was able to purchase Outdoor Retreat with it on Amazon.. so. :(

Could just be restrictions on the type. Like how some retail stores don't accept Discover, for example, maybe there's some factor in your bank card that Origin doesn't accept, but other retailers do. You could always transfer the balance to PayPal and pay that way, I believe, or wait until Amazon lists Luxury Party Stuff and purchase the digital code from them.
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member

I was wanting to get it on Thursday because that's payday.. but guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.

This happens to me too, I can buy anywhere online with my credit card but not at origin

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• Angela_4588Angela_4588 Posts: 246 Member
    My card doesn't work on origin anymore either cause I had someone hack mine back in December. I used Amazon for Outdoor Retreat. I did reach out to them about it and I don't know if it has been resolved or not. I guess I'll know tomorrow when I try to purchase the game pack!
    Gallery Username : XInspiredAngelX
    May 21 and the stuff pack is not on amazon :neutral:

EA Game Changer

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    PhotogSim wrote: »

That's not true; I purchased Outdoor Retreat via Amazon a day or two after release. I only happened to do so because I forgot about Outdoor Retreat's release date and had an Amazon gift card to use. It seems that when it comes to expansion packs, they're put up as soon as they're announced. Game packs and stuff packs (since they aren't considered expansion packs) must take a back seat in terms of priority since they're never listed until the day of or the day after the release, on Amazon, anyway.

It was showing up differently for me. I watched Amazon daily for the listing and then kept watching because usually Sims content goes on sale a few days after release. ( I got GTW for 29.00 that way. ) It took a while for the listing for OR to show up for me. I know it was more than a day or two because I was starting to think they weren't going to list it....then it appeared.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    The card you use has to have an account that has money in the account. I know when I tried to pre order the get to work one that it didn't let me because of that reason,and I was thinking it might be because of that?
    Yeah!!!The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff its finally available on amazon ---> goo.gl/o9KbtH

EA Game Changer

I just checked. It already has two reviews and it's sitting at 1 star.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    edited May 2015
    It was showing up differently for me. I watched Amazon daily for the listing and then kept watching because usually Sims content goes on sale a few days after release. ( I got GTW for 29.00 that way. ) It took a while for the listing for OR to show up for me. I know it was more than a day or two because I was starting to think they weren't going to list it....then it appeared.

Hmm, well that's odd that it didn't show up as quickly for you.
    Luxury Party Stuff is listed now on Amazon, two days after release. Just like Outdoor Retreat and Get to Work showed up, like I said, around the day after or two days after release, for me anyway. Maybe I just got lucky. :smile:
  • ClayMaskClayMask Posts: 138 Member
    Thanks fo
    KojiK wrote: »
    Yeah!!!The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff its finally available on amazon ---> goo.gl/o9KbtH
    Thanks for letting us know.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited May 2015

Zero of them verified purchasers. It's like if everybody who doesn't like romance novels went and reviewed it all at 1 star. Someday there'll be a Zombies GP or something, and I hate zombies. Doesn't make it a 1-star GP, just one made for different Simmers than me.

So I'd call that "unreviewed". Plenty of people here have liked the SP, found it good value, or took a look and said it's not their thing. It's been a balance that doesn't look much like it would even average to 1 star if you included the "not their things" as 1 star.

(edited because apparently it's coffee break time and needs actual coffee in it.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited May 2015
    Zero of them verified purchasers.

Not to mention that the "reviews" aren't even reviews. The second one just gave the SP one star and a frown face. That doesn't help anyone at all.

Zero of them verified purchasers. It's like if everybody who doesn't like romance novels went and reviewed it all at 1 star. Someday there'll be a Zombies GP or something, and I hate zombies. Doesn't make it a 1-star GP, just one made for different Simmers than me.

So I'd call that "unreviewed". Plenty of people here have liked the SP, found it good value, or took a look and said it's not their thing. It's been a balance that doesn't look much like it would even average to 1 star if you included the "not their things" as 1 star.

(edited because apparently it's coffee break time and needs actual coffee in it.)

I wasn't making a statement on how good or bad the SP is....just reporting what a couple people have rated it.

But as to your example. I've read enough books to know that all I have to do is read the first page and know if I'll like the writer's style.

I know what you are trying to say but I haven't bought the pack because I would give it one...maybe two stars just by looking at it. It's not that the type of SP doesn't appeal to me. I just don't like it and don't feel it would add any significant game play. I think there is one item in the buy area and one hairstyle I like and that's not enough to get me to part with 10 bucks.