Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 preteen stage

If the Sims team ever decides to add preteens in the mix what do you think they would look like. Of course they will probably add toddlers first, but preteens may be a possibility. Would they go to middle school and maybe have little crushes, but of course not full blown romances. Would they be in between a height of a child and teen. What else does everyone else think they would be like? :)

Comments

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    If the Sims team ever decides to add preteens in the mix what do you think they would look like. Of course they will probably add toddlers first, but preteens may be a possibility. Would they go to middle school and maybe have little crushes, but of course not full blown romances. Would they be in between a height of a child and teen. What else does everyone else think they would be like? :)

A pre-teen is a child and we already have them.
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    edited May 2015
    Well I really mean is like a age group in middle school.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    Shorter than teens, taller than children is my guess.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Maybe if we get toddlers we could even have preschool.
  • geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    9 to 12 so in Australia they would still be in primary school and maybe starting high school at 12 depending on birthday. yep so finishing of aspirations and grades up or playing hooky and messen around at the skateboard park. new clothes some where between the clothes there mom chooses and what they may want to ware :). defiantly the beginnings of independence showing
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    sims4_plainjane005-copy.jpg

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Would be so nice if they added pre-teens the jump from child to adult-teen is crazy.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    BUt that makes no sense as the child that jumps from the infant is 10. When I heard that I sort of freaked about YA's having babies because the YA age starts at 18/19 and if they had a baby that poofed into a child it would look like the YA was actually 10 when she had the baby. I thought that was just plain weird and complained about it in the Chat. I told the Devs they need to make YA's unable to have babies like the YA's in Sims 2 - other wise it looked bad. Believe me I have been complaining about how this all looked - plus the fact the infant technically jumps out to be a pre-teen if the child is 10 (as pre-teen is 10-12 and teens are 13-17/18) like the Devs said - so if anything they still actually need to make a toddler age and a child age if you are going to be technical about it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Ignore these two posters above me OP, they are fake accounts and want to upset you.

I agree they should add pre-teens, or in Sims 4's case add children because the kids look older than in previous Sims games. But as someone else also said they should add toddlers first.
  • dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Nice try, but you have been reported and I am not letting you mess with the OP by trying to make them think they are in trouble.

Try to keep this on topic with pre-teens being added, which I think is a great I idea as it brings us closer to gradual aging.
  • missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    edited May 2015
    I respect everyone's Sim ideas and discussions.
    Most of the time if I see a topic\idea I am not interested in I do not participate in it.
    And this topic is one of those.
    I just want to say that I do NOT like the idea of pre-teens and
    I respectfully do NOT understand why people want or entertain the idea of pre-teens in TS4.
    I mean why???

You already have a child, then a teen, who happens to be the same height as YAs but oh, well.
    I say the dev should just patch in toddlers and let things be.
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    BUt that makes no sense as the child that jumps from the infant is 10. When I heard that I sort of freaked about YA's having babies because the YA age starts at 18/19 and if they had a baby that poofed into a child it would look like the YA was actually 10 when she had the baby. I thought that was just plain weird and complained about it in the Chat. I told the Devs they need to make YA's unable to have babies like the YA's in Sims 2 - other wise it looked bad. Believe me I have been complaining about how this all looked - plus the fact the infant technically jumps out to be a pre-teen if the child is 10 (as pre-teen is 10-12 and teens are 13-17/18) like the Devs said - so if anything they still actually need to make a toddler age and a child age if you are going to be technical about it.

Plenty of 18 and 19 year olds have babies these days -- some even bother to get married first. B)

I've given up thinking of an age equivalent for the various stages and just go with the flow. Actually, I'd like programming that would make it harder for Adult Sims to get pregnant, because as people age it's often harder for them to conceive. Only reason YAs couldn't get pregnant in Sims 2 is because you were only a YA while you were at University -- if you chose not to go to University or right after you graduated you'd age right up to an Adult. In Sims 3 they made YA a full time age stage which really never made sense, but they also opened University to more than just YAs so at least you had another chance to go if you chose not to go right away.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    missmani09 wrote: »
    Most of the time if I see a topic\idea I am not interested in I do not participate in it.
    I respectfully do NOT understand why people want or entertain the idea of pre-teens in TS4.
    I mean why???

You already have a child, then a teen, who happens to be the same height as YAs but oh, well.

I like the idea of a pre-teen because it adds additional depth to the game -- what really doesn't make sense is to split out young adults from adults outside the context of a university or with other dividers, and that's what we've been stuck with since Sims 3 and why so many people feel like the series is now catering more to the young adult "party" lifestyle. If you read my post about what pre-teens could feature, you'd see that there are potentials there for more in-depth gameplay if done right.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited May 2015
    I mean why???

ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Would be so nice if they added pre-teens the jump from child to adult-teen is crazy.

As ChadSims2 says ^^^.
    I don't even have the desire to play families with these teens. They look like they are at the very end of the teen stage. They look like I missed out on a major portion of their young lives since the jump from the child stage. I was ready to give them a party and kicked them out, but I simply lost interest in the family after that.

I only play young adults now and will not bother with family sims until toddlers arrive and they either add pre-teens or do the animations for a different teen body type. The teens that we have now were a rush job to get the game out.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    CK213 wrote: »
    I mean why???

ChadSims2 wrote: »

As ChadSims2 says ^^^.
    I don't even have the desire to play families with these teens. They look like they are at the very end of the teen stage. They look like I missed out on a major portion of their young lives since the jump from the child stage. I was ready to give them a party and kicked them out, but I simply lost interest in the family after that.

I only play young adults now and will not bother with family sims until toddlers arrive and they either add pre-teens or do the animations for a different teen body type. The teens that we have now were a rush job to get the game out.

I'm still playing families -- but I agree that the teens were a rush job. There's really no purpose to them other than to get them an A grade (so they can start their careers at level 3) and maybe find a potential life partner. I'm planning on throwing my current Sim teen a birthday party after I get the Party Pack (if I think it's worth it after seeing some Let's Plays or live Twitch streams) then moving him out, moving his girlfriend in with him then aging her up (also aging up his two best friends, one male, one female -- the female one was a bit of a surprise; she had a very boyish haircut as a child and a name that could work for either gender). Teens need a lot more to give them purpose in the game other than just a way to get a head start on the adult aspirations and such.

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I mean why???

I would have to strongly disagree why would anyone want missing life stages in a life simulator I cant understand the logic in that unless you only enjoy the adult life stage. For me all these life stages each with unique interactions and activities for those life stages would make the perfect game.

The-sims-freeplay-life-stages.png

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2015
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Plenty of 18 and 19 year olds have babies these days -- some even bother to get married first. B)

I've given up thinking of an age equivalent for the various stages and just go with the flow. Actually, I'd like programming that would make it harder for Adult Sims to get pregnant, because as people age it's often harder for them to conceive. Only reason YAs couldn't get pregnant in Sims 2 is because you were only a YA while you were at University -- if you chose not to go to University or right after you graduated you'd age right up to an Adult. In Sims 3 they made YA a full time age stage which really never made sense, but they also opened University to more than just YAs so at least you had another chance to go if you chose not to go right away.

Yeah, so did I - but I was married - but the fact remains our babies did not turn 10, 3 days after they were born and we were not 18-19 years old with a 10 year old is what I am saying. (I graduated from high school at 16, went to college for two years, married my soldier bf. It's what they did back then.

But think about it in Sims 4 - 3 days after the baby is born it is 10 and your sims is still 18 ? At least with Sims 3 I had epic aging and could give the baby and toddler the longest time, with YA having the shortest epic age so it worked out. I didn't allow the YA's to marry until they were half way through their short YA age (the went to Uni and got a head start on their career first. Then they'd get married, have a baby when they were the equivalent to about 26 (as that was half way through YA in Sims 3). The babies took 30 days - and the toddler had the same aging as child (around 50 days each. By then my YA was 30 - 32 by the time they were child. Adult I had the longest age. But sims 3 you could make it realistic and make sense - not like they were 19 with a 10 year old.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Simmer_RaySimmer_Ray Posts: 534 Member
    i feel they need to add this the whole age range is so mess up from jumping to baby to full grown child (even tho there adding toddler later ) to a teenager that look like a adult but still in high school
    6d857729b5cf50b45c3a0cb8a112146f.gif
  • simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
    A jump from child age to teen age seems too unrealistic.

Please EA & Maxis make them happen.
    Pre-teen. Who will go the middle school? Child supposed to go kindergarten.
  • have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    edited May 2015
    To me the children look and sound about 5-6. The teens look and sound about 15-16, maybe 17 but that's pushing it. I think there should also be 2-3 year old, an 11-12 year old, a 21-22 year old (YA), a 40 year old (adult), a 55 year old (middle age), and a 75 year old. (elder) :)
    Post edited by have2admit on
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes I would love to have a full cradle to grave experience with toddlers and preteens added into the game.

It would be cool if preteens looked kind of like Molly from Toy Story:
    e1a2cd1a6a36e082fe81754ef943311f.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    I fully support preteens there is a different between 8, 12 and 17 and the teens in the game are clearly 17 I think preteen could be a fun idea. But I wontt give my hopes up for it they couldn't even get toddlers in the game, they'll probably keep focusing on young adult stuff.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I fail to see what a 'pre-teen' is and I have yet to actually see one in real life. You're either a child or a teen or an adult - there is no in between.

At least, that's my opinion anyway. It personally wouldn't bother me if they did add them - I just don't see the point.

--T
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    sims4_plainjane005-copy.jpg

Omg wht is she wearing? Looks like a badly matched outfit to me.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!