Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wall tool doesn't count the tiles anymore?

GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
I was trying to build my house in Sims 4. I like to be precise when it comes to measuring how big the room is. I tend to count how many Sim tiles a room would be. Well in Sims 3 and 2 you were able to see how many tiles you were using with the wall tool. I guess this feature doesn't exist in S4? Or is there an option to turn it on?

I found this image to help explain what I mean:

462px-Sims3ep2-69.jpg

Sims-3-Tutorial-Tapezierbare-Dachschraegen-Luftraum-Dachfirst-09.jpg

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    I miss that feature. :'(
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    I miss that feature. :'(

Me too.
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    edited May 2015
    I miss it to ,now I count the tiles my self its not fun .
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Well now that building is easier and I like to do it I would like to see that feature back also.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,576 Member
    Yeah, that is a good feature. I hate counting the squares one by one. Haha.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    I miss it, too. I would love to know the rationale for not including it.
  • gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    edited May 2015
    This was the first thing I noticed when I entered build mode for the first time. It needs to come back it was so helpful :disappointed:
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    I miss it too. I wonder why they didn't add it. Unless it was too hard or they forgot. Well there is more things I miss about buildmode as well - like being able to place any size lot. I miss 64x64 lots. I can't even build the house I want. :(
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I build constantly, and I have no idea why they would take this feature away! Especially on larger lots, or with larger rooms, (and with my terrible eyesight) it can be really hard to count out the tiles.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • OblongamanOblongaman Posts: 214 Member
    As someone who has been counting little squares with tired old eyes I think this is a very good idea indeed!