Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stormwind and Elwynn Forest: latest update 13 July 16

flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
edited July 2016 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
AllianceBan2.png

On and off During the build of Maxis Island I have slowly started my follow up project, Stormwind and Elwynn Forest from the game World of Warcraft. I already estimate that this next project will take a very long time to complete as it will be one of the most complex worlds I have ever attempted but I thought I would go ahead and set up the thread and give a small preview of what I have been working on while taking breaks with Maxis......

Screenshot-18.jpg
Screenshot-2.jpg

I am really looking forward to working on this massive project (hopefully get some lot building help) and actually have wanted to do this for quite some time but feel that only now my knowledge of CAW is good enough to TRY to tackle this.
My World's thread linked in Sig
NewSig.jpg

Post edited by flstrider on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Reserved for details

Thanks to Galina for making the WA France retaining walls you can download them at Gleina's Sims 3 Blog.
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2015
    A special thanks to my Stormwind Photo Team:

Bresian.jpgBresian, Lvl 100 Human Paladin (My original toon since 2004)

Bresianna.jpgBresianna, Lvl 100 Human Hunter

Laddorin.jpgLaddorin, Lvl 100 Night Elf Rogue

Villanna.jpgVillanna, Lvl 90 Night Elf Druid

Bruallem.jpgBruallem, Lvl 100 Dwarf Priest

Bruanna.jpgBruanna, Lvl 90 Dwarf Death Knight

[Greylinda.jpgGreylinda, Lvl 90 Draenei Shaman

Tarista.jpgTarista, Lvl 100 Draenei Mage

Fumiko.jpgFumiko, Lvl 100 Worgen Warlock

Resianna.jpgResianna, Lvl 100 Gnome Warrior

Akimitsu.jpgAkimitsu, Lvl 100 Pandaren Monk
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    17mars17mars Posts: 263 Member
    Intriguing!
  • Options
    ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    Oooh! Looks intriguing!
  • Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Looks nice! I've always wanted to make a multi-level world like that, but I just don't have the skill. Good luck!
  • Options
    rawrmaegansmilerawrmaegansmile Posts: 240 Member
    OMG I cannot wait to get this when you finish, I love the idea of Stormwind recreated for the Sims! :)
    xoxo
  • Options
    SillyCaileySillyCailey Posts: 374 Member
    Oh my - that is just way to cool - very very nice :)
  • Options
    Sassykitty92Sassykitty92 Posts: 24 Member
    Can you make me a world?
  • Options
    @Sassykitty92 Making a world does not happen in a day or a week it can take several months even a year or two depending on how big, what type, and how much detail you want in a world. Once I am finished with Maxis Island (my current project) I will be starting this one and this one I expect to take quite a long time. What I would suggest is to post a new thread in the forum, ask if anyone may be interested, and in the post explain exactly what you are looking for with as much detail as you can offer, there might be a world builder out there looking for a new project. Sorry I could not be of any help right now.
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Sassykitty92Sassykitty92 Posts: 24 Member
    Yeah, I imagine it can taker a while. I can't post in threads yet :( Still brand new but thanks for the help
  • Options
    Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member
    Looking forward to seeing this world!
  • Options
    Now that Maxis Island is completed and in my studio I can now begin this massive project. I will start out by saying that this will not be an easy world to work on and I do not see it being released for quite a long time. I will also be taking breaks while working on this to complete a world which is at about 80-90 percent complete already so be looking out for that as well. I will get the old thread updated as I complete the worlds as well.
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    This world looks fascinating. I'll check in from time to time over the summer.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @flstrider Just found this thread today. Sounds intriguing. I didn't play WOW but hubby did and I just loved the scenery from that world. I have bookmarked and will follow your progress. :)
  • Options
    Hmmm, just thinking how much fun it would be to create sims for this world. I have to get Maxis Island working and complete my Bon Temps series of sims too.
  • Options
    HogwartsWitchHogwartsWitch Posts: 101 Member
    This is just beautiful it really is,It must have took you along time.
    Current Packs I own which isn't much...

Get To Work
    Outdoor Retreat
    Holiday Celebration
    Laundry Day Stuff
    Bowling Stuff
    Vintage Glamor Stuff
    Cool Kitchen Stuff
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @HogwartsWitch have not started it yet, just got the harbor laid out. this will be a long project i fear!
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2015
    flstrider wrote: »
    @HogwartsWitch have not started it yet, just got the harbor laid out. this will be a long project i fear!

Still it looks awesome btw I have posted some pics of my Teldrassil world! ^_^ when i showed my friends on WOW they said I should make Stormwind lol I was like nooooo I'm a nightelf not a human also is your world PRE or POST CATA? Cause my world is PRE-CATA

Get To Work
    Outdoor Retreat
    Holiday Celebration
    Laundry Day Stuff
    Bowling Stuff
    Vintage Glamor Stuff
    Cool Kitchen Stuff
  • Options
    @HogwartsWitch started in Vanilla as a human Pally, leveled him to 60 as a holy pally. Now I have every class and race on both sides. If this projects does get finished I want to work on Westfall next
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    flstrider wrote: »
    @HogwartsWitch started in Vanilla as a human Pally, leveled him to 60 as a holy pally. Now I have every class and race on both sides. If this projects does get finished I want to work on Westfall next

Yeah I had wanted to make Darkshore to go along with Teldrassil but the map is just so big I can't add anymore,I mean it runs great without CC but as soon as you start adding CC it lags

Get To Work
    Outdoor Retreat
    Holiday Celebration
    Laundry Day Stuff
    Bowling Stuff
    Vintage Glamor Stuff
    Cool Kitchen Stuff
  • Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    Hi flstrider. I don't know how I could have missed this thread & your proposed new project.
    I'd like to offering any assistance you require to help realize Stormwind & Elwynn Forest.
    I imagine this is a no roads world? :)
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @StellaToronto I am still deciding about roads for this Stella, it is a large world I may end up using a road for the main trail through the forest and leave stormwind roadless, I am not quite sure yet but thank you for offering the help as I am probably going to need it especially with the lots themselves. Let me get the general layout done and I can go from there. The biggest trick is getting the cathedral, dwarven districts, and the Keep in place, once they are in the rest should fall into place rather easily.

I do need some advice on the terrain paint for the mountains, and no I am not going to try to recreate the way they look in Warcraft (yes they do look a bit alike it's the grass textures that is the only real difference)........

A:
    Screenshot-3.jpg

B:
    Screenshot-4.jpg

I like them both and not sure which way to go with the paint, so any feedback would be awesome and thanks in advance

NewSig.jpg

• Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    Hi flstrider.
    A large world is very difficult to do without roads, but it's possible with a few compromises & careful planning.
    The WA worlds are a useful reference for worlds with minimal use of roads.
    Bridges generate cars, so there's probably no getting around using at least a few roads :/
    I really like the darker grass texture(A). It appears tonally to be a nice complement to the rock texture you've used.
    When the time comes for lot building, count me in.
    I'm not so good at the large landmark lots, but I'm a decent builder of generic res/comm. lots.
    I'm also good at working with & replicating a worlds architectural/style template.
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Thank you @StellaToronto The lots are going to be a bit tricky I think because of the way warcraft is set up I will post a few street level pics from the game to see what you think, may have to look at maybe looking to a more real world type of architecture for this.
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Gaxili1Gaxili1 Posts: 212 Member
    this is outstanding! Keep up the good work :smiley: