Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

jbsquared2000 (Jewels) - Thank You Thread & Vagrant Crash Pad

jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member
edited July 2015 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
As so many smart people on this forum have done before me, I wanted to start a new thread so that I would have a place to individually thank those who have gifted me, and to talk with friends about whatever happens to come up. I don't want to miss anyone, or overlook the proper thread to thank someone, so this way it will all be in one place!

I am hoping to get to know a lot of you, and wanted to introduce myself a little, so you all can get to know me, too. While I am new to this forum, I am not new to playing the Sims and have been playing for over ten years. I like being involved in my Sims' lives, but I really enjoy creating new houses and decorating them. I am hoping to eventually learn from so many of you, and develop that interest into creating venues and maybe even worlds.

I am a little shy until I get to know you, and then I am not shy in the least! I love to laugh, and make other people laugh. I care deeply about others, and really enjoy spending time with genuine people. Please let me know if I can help you in any way, or if you just want to sit down and chat.

And just fair warning - I will tease you, but only because I like you! :)

Now, on to the abundance of thanks!
Here, among friends, you can call me Jewels (or Julie).
My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

My thread of Sincere Thanks
No more wishlist for me! It disappeared in a poof of gift-giving smoke!
Post edited by jbsquared2000 on

Comments

• jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member
    edited May 2015
    I owe a lot of thanks to a lot of people for being so generous with help and gifts, so I really mean it when I say, thank you!

In addition, I also really wanted to send a special thank you to a few who have been so welcoming and helpful to me, while I've been getting my bearings on this forum.

@NagyGina - you were the first person to talk to me, and encourage me to actively participate (I hope I won't make you end up regretting that! :lol: ). I appreciate your sense of humor and kindness, and your advice on mods. And hey, without you demanding that I get a wishlist together immediately, there wouldn't even be a reason for this thread, so thank you!! :smiley:

@Me1620 - I really appreciate your help and patience getting me started, too. Even though we've just met, I've been appreciating the hard work that you and others have done on the Current Daily Deal Rotation thread for a while now (link HERE). You had a major hand in saving me untold amounts of Sim points and you didn't even know me! As a fan of frugality, that pretty much makes you my soul sister! :sunglasses:

@anettesb - you have been so helpful teaching me what a squeaky clean wishlist even is and why its important (link HERE), and are just so nice and so generous with your time and your gifting to others. Thank you so much! <3

@Reachsims - the words kind and generous just don't seem to adequately describe you. I'm sure that anyone who knows you on here, knows exactly what I mean. You are selfless with your caring and generosity, and are an example of what everyone on here should act like, if this forum existed in a perfect world. If you dig around in the store and find some forgotten gifts that you still need, please, PLEASE let me have first dibs at giving them to you! (Hugs)

and @Teegers, @Cogitotoro, @bekkasan and @trithone - I know I don't know you all very well yet, but we are united by the all-important Southern "ya'll" (trithone, by adoption!) so we're pretty much related. I'll be at your houses for Sunday dinner, soon, ok? :wink:
    Post edited by jbsquared2000 on
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

edited May 2015
    Thank you so much, @NyssaLee for the luxe lingerie! Thanks to your gift, my Sim will single handedly try (and probably fail) to once again make silk pajamas stylish for men! The lacey underthings that you also sent, along with the frizzy hair, helped me to purchase the Luxe Loungewear for a great discount on sale! Thank you so much! :smiley:

Thank you, @ciane, for the Henley shirt and the ceiling lamp. Thanks also to your explanation on how to take an in-game screenshot, I'm no longer pictureless! :smiley:

I've added a picture of one of my Sims wearing his new shirt. He's so snazzy!

Screenshot-2.jpg

• Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    @jbsquared2000 - So glad that I have played a part in helping you become familiar with the store and in stretching your simpoints as far as possible.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • NagyGinaNagyGina Posts: 833 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    @jbsquared2000 - So glad that I have played a part in helping you become familiar with the store and in stretching your simpoints as far as possible.
    ^^ This, I so 100% agree upon! :) I never did get to even use that agree button! :( So, just have to give :+1::+1: and pretend these are big pigglies :+1::+1::mrgreen:

As for the mods, I am still learning myself, but I am much like you are now, I have to add them in cautiously. ;)

And as for your love of creating houses, I do hope you will honor us with your work! Perhaps, joining in on Give a Gift of Creation? :)

I am thankful to be your friend! :smiley:

And I :love: the quote in your signature! <3 Here is one of my favorites:
    dr-seuss-i-like-nonsense-orlando-espinosa.jpg?w=812

Big Pixel Hugs! <3
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    your very welcome I enjoy it
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    @NewEra2009 - thank you so much for the Stunning Starlet hair! I am just a few measly points away from my low price goal for the Diva+Divo set, and this hair really helps! :smile:

I love the "Gift the Person Above You" thread (link HERE), which has been a fun way to gift swap! You and I seem to be in a gifting rotation with each other, so by my calculations we should both have bought each other the store very soon! :lol: Of course, math was never my thing.. :wink: I'll be stalking your wishlist, soon!

edited May 2015
    @AlphaFen - What to say to the person who inflicts emotional anguish while simultaneously gifting so generously... :confounded:
    You are my evil hero! :sunglasses: So thank you from the bottom of my heart for the sweater that you sent. It warms my heart and my Sim! :love: I look forward to returning your generosity with many future gifts laced with thinly veiled malice and all things evil genius. :naughty:

Dr_Evil.jpg

Thank you, @Cogitotoro for the movie screen! My Sims are going to enjoy developing their couch potato tendencies with this ginormous screen! Thank you especially for helping me to take a large chunk out of the March 2013 compilation set with this generous gift. :smiley:

I have really been enjoying your Caption Contest thread (link HERE) and have been voting and laughing along with everyone. I'm sharpening my wit as we speak so I can have a prayer of someday submitting comments alongside those really funny and talented people who add captions every week. Thank you for keeping the fun going. :smiley:

• NewEra2009NewEra2009 Posts: 396 Member
    edited May 2015
    @NewEra2009 - thank you so much for the Stunning Starlet hair! I am just a few measly points away from my low price goal for the Diva+Divo set, and this hair really helps! :smile:

I love the "Gift the Person Above You" thread (link HERE), which has been a fun way to gift swap! You and I seem to be in a gifting rotation with each other, so by my calculations we should both have bought each other the store very soon! :lol: Of course, math was never my thing.. :wink: I'll be stalking your wishlist, soon!

I'm still a ways away my friend i'm a set away from owning all Build items though but that still leaves Buy, CAS, Venues and worlds.

@NewEra2009 - it will go by so fast! Between the ads and the never-ending generosity of those on this forum, you will be there before you know it! I'm trying to save up for a few really good DD deals that are coming around soon that I've really been wanting (Al Fresco Street Market, Business as Usual, Brunch at the Old MIll, Sunset Tides..) but I'm trying to chip away at items on the weekly sale page, too. I figure if I'm patient, it will happen in time. You've got your Top 5 listed on the Gifting Directory, right?

NagyGina wrote: »
    And as for your love of creating houses, I do hope you will honor us with your work! Perhaps, joining in on Give a Gift of Creation? :)

I'm a ways away from thinking my creations are nearly as good as those I've seen out there, but with all of the new Build and Buy items that I've been adding to my toolbox, I am feeling more confident. Mostly, I just need to devote some serious time to sitting down and creating. *searches around for that sneaky "spare time" that keeps slipping away from me* :smiley:

And I am so thankful to be your friend, too! <3
    NagyGina wrote: »
    And I :love: the quote in your signature! <3 Here is one of my favorites:
    dr-seuss-i-like-nonsense-orlando-espinosa.jpg?w=812

Excellent quote from the great Dr. Seuss, and so true! I've been through some hard experiences in my life, and humor has played a major role in getting me through. I'm not sure if laughter helps you live longer, but it certainly makes the journey easier. :relaxed:

@Nevills - thank you so much for the Vineyard bed that you gifted to me! That is one swanky piece of furniture, and I'm going to enjoy designing a room that it will look great in. :smiley: This will bring me even closer to getting the Vineyard Villa Furnishing set down even lower from the current sale price. Thank you again and have a great day! :smiley:

• ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    Thank you for your lovely comments, Jewels. Whenever I see your name, my face breaks out in a smile. Some years ago, one of my sweetest brothers and his wife brought a little girl into this world and named her Julia. When she was a wee bairn, I nicknamed her Jewels and it stuck. Jewels are precious and rare. <3

I have more than I can ever want or use from the Sims 3 Store so I recommend you pay it forward when and where you can and simply enjoy the experience. I see you doing that already because that's part of who you are. Have a lovely day! I'm so very glad you are here.
  • NyssaLeeNyssaLee Posts: 74 Member
    So glad I could help @jbsquared2000! :smiley:
    @blacksheba1973 - thank you so much for the beautiful dress and romper! They are part of the Luxury Resort collection, which I'm working on, but I have to admit I really liked these two items and couldn't wait to get my Sim into them, so thank you, thank you! :)

Also, can I just say how much I like your profile picture! That kitten is so adorable! :love:

Have a great day!

@scillakees - thank you so much for the basket trio! They are really pretty, and put me even closer to finishing the March 2011 set!

I know I've just met you, but I've been reading your submissions on @Cogitotoro's Caption Contest and you are hilarious! It's nice to meet someone with such a great sense of humor. :smiley:

@NewEra2009 - you got me again! :smiley: Thank you so much for the Queen's Sink! I love the Looking Glass collections - so different and interesting. Something tells me I'll be seeing you around one gifting thread or another, soon.. :innocent:

• blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    You're welcome hon. I often recolor that romper as an optional sleepwear for Western themed sims that I've made for friends. :smile:
    YShQCz1.png
    @anettesb - Thank you so much for the beautiful dress/coat! (and I laughed out loud at your message! :smiley: )

thank-you-my-friend_1157.jpg

You're welcome hon. I often recolor that romper as an optional sleepwear for Western themed sims that I've made for friends. :smile:

Great idea, thank you! I can definitely see that romper as being sleepwear, too. :)

• anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    your welcome.... I say coat (it works as out wear)

hey want a winther weeding out side... put your bride in that coat
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited May 2015
    anettesb wrote: »
    hey want a winther weeding out side... put your bride in that coat

Great idea! I would never have thought of that! :smile:

Reachsims wrote: »
    Thank you for your lovely comments, Jewels. Whenever I see your name, my face breaks out in a smile. Some years ago, one of my sweetest brothers and his wife brought a little girl into this world and named her Julia. When she was a wee bairn, I nicknamed her Jewels and it stuck. Jewels are precious and rare. <3

That is such a sweet story! Wee bairn is such a beautiful Scottish (I believe) expression. My name is Julie - my brother gave me the nickname Jewels when we were kids. I didn't like it at first, mainly because he called me that just to tease me, but over the years my friends have taken to calling me that, too, so it's grown on me. :smile:

@123321ab - thank you so much guitar! This festive one had caught my eye and seemed like it would be so much more fun than the other, boring guitars. I can't wait for my Sim to start serenading in style! :smiley: Thank you again!