Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 GO TO SCHOOL! PLEASE!

I am a simmer personI am a simmer person Posts: 2 New Member
edited May 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
OK, so I know that there is a mod for going to school, but for those of us who don't want to mod our game, please let us follow our children and teenagers to school!!!!!!!! The children and teens grow up way too fast in the game and we don't get to spend very much time with them to give them a unique personality and (this might sound crazy) getting to know them and making them such diverse people! They go to school and by the time they get home, their needs are low, and by the time we get their needs up, it is to late for them to do anything (hang out with friends, play on the jungle gym, etc.), so they just seem like robots, not individual people...

Comments

• Options
    SelfySelfy Posts: 4 New Member
    edited May 2015
    Agree with this
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    we don't spend very much time with them
    Wait this was before you said about things may sounding crazy then I stopped reading right? But this don't make sense and sounds rather crazy as how can you leap into your screen and waste time with your sims? Also in the post it seems like you give child sims specific bedtimes limiting all they can do in the day.

anyways here is my voice on the post in general: (I'm not a family player after all)

Modding your game does no harm so just mod it if yah want this feature. The mod requires GTW. I don't use it as how does it bother me? I get my active careers. Tht is all I need for a few months with my vacations and upcoming stuff pack and a little shop on the sims 2 default days off a week. Hm tht is enof to keep me busy for sure. If yah want it, mod it in otherwise nowhere to be seen.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    emmaning wrote: »
    we don't spend very much time with them
    Wait this was before you said about things may sounding crazy then I stopped reading right? But this don't make sense and sounds rather crazy as how can you leap into your screen and waste time with your sims? Also in the post it seems like you give child sims specific bedtimes limiting all they can do in the day.

anyways here is my voice on the post in general: (I'm not a family player after all)

Modding your game does no harm so just mod it if yah want this feature. The mod requires GTW. I don't use it as how does it bother me? I get my active careers. Tht is all I need for a few months with my vacations and upcoming stuff pack and a little shop on the sims 2 default days off a week. Hm tht is enof to keep me busy for sure. If yah want it, mod it in otherwise nowhere to be seen.

I can't work out all that you are saying, but the part about modding the Sims does no harm is not always true. Mods can break games (not speaking specifically about the GTS mod here). Also mods need to be removed before patching/installing new packs and usually require updating after this as well or they will stop working/mess with the game. It's a bit fiddly and annoying especially if we get 2 patches a month.

This is why some people don't like using mods and would prefer their game to be entirely Maxis made.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    LibertycrystalLibertycrystal Posts: 37 Member
    There's actually a get to school mod. You do have to have GTW, though.
    Sorry, I can't post the download link!
  • Options
    LibertycrystalLibertycrystal Posts: 37 Member
    Oh. Sorry, didn't see the post at the top, only the title. What am I like? -Exasperated face-
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I'd like to see this addition as well.

I am currently running Zerbu's Go To School mod and it is very good, but not as good as the official active careers.

Even though I do mod my game, I have to live with the fact that some functionality I have got used to may well break when a new patch comes out and the mod(s) causing the issue may not get updated. I have not really run into this issue so much, but it does happen.

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Maxwell_CollinsMaxwell_Collins Posts: 143 Member
    You know what would be amazing? Zerbu is hired by EA to make more expansions. Heck, even @MasonGamer could get a Concept Designer job for his Magic is Coming idea!
    My YouTube Channel
    Draconic Gaming

DeviantArt Page
    Lunispellweaver (will try to change it)

Some of my Threads:
    8 Expansions I Would Like to See in the Sims 4
    DragonSim

• Options
    cindysiyacindysiya Posts: 1 New Member
    i think u need expansions for sims 4 go to school
  • Options
    awaywiththepxiezawaywiththepxiez Posts: 18 New Member
    I don't understand why a school EP hasn't been made already, if they could make a university EP then there should be a school one if you ask me. Or instead of making a whole EP for it, maybe the school could just become an actual playable lot instead of a rabbit hole.
  • Options
    Sims4Player223Sims4Player223 Posts: 55 Member
    > @I am a simmer person said:
    > OK, so I know that there is a mod for going to school, but for those of us who don't want to mod our game, please let us follow our children and teenagers to school!!!!!!!! The children and teens grow up way too fast in the game and we don't get to spend very much time with them to give them a unique personality and (this might sound crazy) getting to know them and making them such diverse people! They go to school and by the time they get home, their needs are low, and by the time we get their needs up, it is to late for them to do anything (hang out with friends, play on the jungle gym, etc.), so they just seem like robots, not individual people...

Agree!
  • Options
    rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    Guys please check out this 'Back to School - Toddlers and Tweens ' thread and support this. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/833625/sims-4-back-to-school-toddlers-and-tweens#latest
  • Options
    verascrambleverascramble Posts: 9 New Member
    > @I am a simmer person said:
    > OK, so I know that there is a mod for going to school, but for those of us who don't want to mod our game, please let us follow our children and teenagers to school!!!!!!!! The children and teens grow up way too fast in the game and we don't get to spend very much time with them to give them a unique personality and (this might sound crazy) getting to know them and making them such diverse people! They go to school and by the time they get home, their needs are low, and by the time we get their needs up, it is to late for them to do anything (hang out with friends, play on the jungle gym, etc.), so they just seem like robots, not individual people...

so so true
  • Options
    superpurple1superpurple1 Posts: 187 Member
    Well, if you'd like to look, I made a school expansion pack idea post a few months ago.
    Here's the link, just make sure to delete the spaces between / /

http: / /forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/819053/sims-4-school-expansion-pack-sim-gurus-take-a-look/p1