Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @Fennadev Who's ghost is that?! Gratz on the twins! I love big families...hope they all get along w/George! I hope that sometime soon EA adds in bunkbeds...u can MOO them in...but they won't b functional =(

Hey @solarstorm no worries...have fun Simming...no matter WHAT you're doing!!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    It's Travis, and the bunk beds from mod the Sims is functional but my game crashed on the locked doors mod already. Now I'm really not sure if I will make it, bcos those two really need their own room.
    Ah ok...I don't have any Mods in my game...just a bit of CC so I can have more color choices. That's cool that there r functional bunk beds...nice space saver =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • kerpleenketkerpleenket Posts: 213 Member
    Soo...I'm just here. Waiting patiently for another challenge. =D
    Origin ID: Emmblie
    May 7th is JUST around the corner =)
    1621232sx85junedn.jpg
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Vihisha wrote: »
    May 7th is JUST around the corner =)

Fantastic! I've tried a couple of other challenges, but I just couldn't get into them. I don't enjoy the whole "point system", and most of them are just too long. I started the 100 baby challenge, but after 6 kids, I've lost interest. I'm more of a play for a few days, then take a few days to a week or two off kind of player.
    @kerpleenket I hear ya...there r some really neat ideas out there 4 challenges...but some r just 2 "rinse & repeat" 4 me...I gotta' have variety! So glad The Drifter Challenge has what u r looking 4 =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited May 2015
    The Drifter Challenge House 003 has just been launched!! =)

Click Here for the Rules!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • kensgirl73kensgirl73 Posts: 212 Member
    I have just a question before I start on this one. Are we using the same save for the entire challenge? If this has been asked already I'm sorry for repeating. I'm doing an apocalypse tournament and 100 baby challenge so this might take me a little while to update.
    @kensgirl73 The Drifter Challenge is set up so that u CAN use the same save the entire time OR u can pick & choose the different house mini-challenges u want 2 complete 2 enhance your game play 4 fun =) I recommend that u have @ least 2 saves....1 of the previous house as well as 1 of the current. That way...if u don't complete the tasks in the allotted time or u plain ole' just don't like the results...u can go back 2 the beginning of that house mini-challenge w/out losing all prior world progress (assuming u r in 4 the long haul).
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • kensgirl73kensgirl73 Posts: 212 Member
    Okay, thanks.. :)
    ****IMPORTANT UPDATE****

The latest update/patch added in a feature that allows your Sims to be invited to parties etc. I AM allowing you to accept those party invitations & travel to those parties if/when u are invited. Since the parties are not an every day event, they wouldn't be much different that traveling to the workplace if u have an active career. Party On!! =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited May 2015
    Hey Vih! Going to attempt this challenge once again. Obviously, I'm starting out brand new with the first one. Been a while since I really played.

Edit: Sabrina *did* meet you, Vih, but then I decided I wanted to start completely over. Sorry! lol
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited November 2016
    Hello again Vih!

Just stopping in to let you know that THIS time, my attempt at doing the first challenge is going VERY well!! I even made a brand new house! yay The new house is called Desert Brick II and can be found in the gallery WITH the hash tag #drifterchallenge. NO cc, NO mods. GTW and OR are required, though. I also uploaded the original version as well. The original is only a 1 bedroom home, where the drifter challenge version does meet your requirements.

Ok! I'm heading back in to game. OH!!! :o Before I leave, my sim, Sabrina, has had 4 promotions already (scientist career), found a random cutie on the street (Don Lothario), really connected with him, moved him in, became his girlfriend, proposed, and what do you know..... She is pregnant already!!!
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Hey @MsPrissy88 so good 2 hear from u again!!! I'm so happy 2 hear that your attempt @ playing the 1st house challenge is going so well!!! =)
    I shall look up the house the next time I have the Gallery open...can't wait 2 check it out! Ooooh that Don...u chained him down eh!? ;)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Any tips on catching all the different types of fish? I have 12/20 and my Sim isn't getting any younger. lol Infact, I have to keep exiting the game without saving because his cowplant keeps eating him.
    You'll need to use different types of bait (frogs, small fish, plants) & make sure that u fish in the ponds around your house lot as well as the pond & the waterfall area of The Sylvan Glade. You will also need to max your fishing & gardening skill so you can "unlock" the park lot which will give u access 2 the river there. You will need 2 visit all mentioned locations in order 2 catch all of the possible fish 4 this aspiration. IF your have Granite Falls...traveling there & fishing in that river will also work (if u don't max fishing & gardening 1st).
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Finished House003!

I'll post again later with a short story and pictures. I still have to finish selling off what is in my inventory and making last minute improvements to the house. Also, my heir is still a teen, so I will need to have him grow up.

Also, my heir happens to be twins. Do I just choose one or the first born to be in the next challenge?
    edited June 2015
    AWESOME!! Gratz on completion of The Drifter Challenge House 003!!!
    I can't wait 2 c the pics =)

Heir is considered the 1st born of the twins..they will b the main Sim that u will bring into House 004 when it launches (Thursday!!).

What potions were u able 2 collect....did u have any Sim deaths due 2 the Cow Plant?! Let me know, as I would like 2 add that info 2 the running tally on page 1 of House 003 rules thread =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited June 2015
    Vihisha wrote: »

What potions were u able 2 collect....did u have any Sim deaths due 2 the Cow Plant?! Let me know, as I would like 2 add that info 2 the running tally on page 1 of House 003 rules thread =)

Potions
    1. Happiness (2)
    2. Confidence (2)
    3. Life (Collected this when plant ate the wife)
    4. Sadness
    5. Playfulness

# Casualties by Cowplant
    1. Elissa Stevenson

Cowplant ate (and didn't throw back up) my challenge sim at least 7 times, in which I had to exit out of the game without saving so I could continue the challenge. I then decided to let the old obviously senile cowplant die, and grew a new one, who didn't have a taste for death yet.
    Post edited by kerpleenket on
    Nice work @kerpleenket !
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • SimmerPTSimmerPT Posts: 128 Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm starting the Drifter challenge on my new youtube channel. Look for "Simmer Pt" on youtube and you will find it there. First part it's up and will be uploading part 2 and 3 very soon
    Post edited by SimmerPT on
    cpbbxqP.png
    Origin ID:badana90
    Blog:simmerptstories.wordpress.com/
    Youtube Channel:Simmer Pt
    Let's Play:The Drifter Challenge House 003
    I added your YouTube channel 2 the list of Drifters w/Let's Plays @SimmerPT I hope u enjoy the challenge!!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • SimmerPTSimmerPT Posts: 128 Member
    Thanks again @Vihisha for the support. Part 2 and 3 are now up on my channel, hope all of you guys enjoy them. I'm trying to get to the member status here on the forum, and then I will be able to post some links.
    cpbbxqP.png
    Origin ID:badana90
    Blog:simmerptstories.wordpress.com/
    Youtube Channel:Simmer Pt
    Let's Play:The Drifter Challenge House 003
    U betcha @SimmerPT ! I'll b keeping up w/your channel as best as I can =) So glad 2 have a new Drifter doing Let's Plays!! Well done, my friend!
    rXyqmuX.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top