Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everything starts with a Question.

If you follow the scientist career.
does that allow you to use/carry/wield your Super Hyperdimension Coolant Beam? and all the other perks?
like you can wander the street and bring calamity upon others by testing your serums on other sims?
like you can attend parties and during hot weathers when the ice ran out, you simply shoot another sim with you Super Hyperdimension Coolant Beam and harvest ice from the frozen Sim?
like when you do something extremely embarrassing and is really embarrassed, you can simply plant a sattelite and set it to make everyone around you fall asleep, thus making every sim within the vicinity fall asleep, car driving sims spiraling out of control as the sims are asleep, pooping sims falling asleep in the toilet, heck doctor sims passing out mid surgery?

Comments

• ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    I just started my science career and from what I can tell everything my Sim invents can be stored in her inventory and taken home, same goes for the serums. You get a free experiment serum table when you get promoted a few times so if you wanted you could make serums at home as well and hand them out to people around town, Hahah xD
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    I just started my science career and from what I can tell everything my Sim invents can be stored in her inventory and taken home, same goes for the serums. You get a free experiment serum table when you get promoted a few times so if you wanted you could make serums at home as well and hand them out to people around town, Hahah xD

can non-scientists use a "Beam Gun"
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I had experienced the same thing. My scientist was able to take home what they had invented, as long as it was in their personal inventory. And they was able to use the items outside of work. That satellite dish was especially cool to play with. I had loads of fun with it's hive mind option. And that sims ray was also a blast to play with. Those items were a blast to play with, when comes to tormenting the sims. I even had one NPC water the grass at the curb side because they couldn't reach toilet in time. >:):D

• ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    Dariu wrote: »

I imagine so. She's the only one in the household so I'm not entirely sure, but I bet other Sims can. :3
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89

I imagine so. She's the only one in the household so I'm not entirely sure, but I bet other Sims can. :3

but i need a definite answer here.
  • have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member

Yes they can. I had my Sim's daughter use it to make people clean when I couldn't figure out why her customers kept smelling something nasty. :)
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,594 Member

Yes, you can just drag the beam to the world and just use it like a normal item. :D I think you're going to like the satellite dish very much too. It's even more fun. You can make the whole neighborhood fall asleep. :P
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    My sim child set her chemistry set on fire and my sim used her freeze ray to put out the fire... once she stopped freaking out over the fire in the first place. I've also put the portal to the alien world in my sim's home and they travel to Sixam as well as use the satellite. I'm not sure if it's that my sims are alien or the satellite but my sims get the alien TV channel. I'm fairly sure it's the satellite but I have to get in to play to be sure and I won't be back on the boards all day once I do.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
    Yaaay :D now i can instill chaos and fear throughout the world of the sims! :D
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    My sim child set her chemistry set on fire and my sim used her freeze ray to put out the fire... once she stopped freaking out over the fire in the first place. I've also put the portal to the alien world in my sim's home and they travel to Sixam as well as use the satellite. I'm not sure if it's that my sims are alien or the satellite but my sims get the alien TV channel. I'm fairly sure it's the satellite but I have to get in to play to be sure and I won't be back on the boards all day once I do.

Yep, its the satellite :)