Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I tweeted a few SimGuru's to tell them of our milestone here. @SimGuruLyndsay replied with 'Thank you for your passion'. I think it's good to remind them every now and again how popular this thread is, that we are a popular play style and that all of you are loyal sims series fans.
    We can't make them act to improve things for us, but we can keep trying to get through to them. Whether they have the money, inclination and staff to *do* anything is another matter buy I'd like to think that by having such a popular thread and a sensible one at that any Gurus who sympathise with us could point to us to show it would be worth any additional investment to those who are in control of the purse strings.

And preferably before we give up in despair

Yes :'(
  • JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    I wonder if people will enjoy those new features... it is nice that there are little improvements now and again (if they have been implemented nicely), just a shame they won't give us what is missing.

I'm sure this game could be good, but I don't think it ever will be because they won't do what is needed... I have a special pair of socks that I keep on a plate in the cupboard - if EA ever add toddlers into this game, I will get them out and eat them :D

@elanorbreton What flavor? I might want to join you. :D

Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited May 2015
    I tweeted a few SimGuru's to tell them of our milestone here. @SimGuruLyndsay replied with 'Thank you for your passion'. I think it's good to remind them every now and again how popular this thread is, that we are a popular play style and that all of you are loyal sims series fans.
    We can't make them act to improve things for us, but we can keep trying to get through to them. Whether they have the money, inclination and staff to *do* anything is another matter buy I'd like to think that by having such a popular thread and a sensible one at that any Gurus who sympathise with us could point to us to show it would be worth any additional investment to those who are in control of the purse strings.

Sometimes, I feel like we're SimGuruLyndsay's "problem children" :smirk: but we are indeed passionate about our sims :mrgreen:
    I wonder if people will enjoy those new features... it is nice that there are little improvements now and again (if they have been implemented nicely), just a shame they won't give us what is missing.

I'm sure this game could be good, but I don't think it ever will be because they won't do what is needed... I have a special pair of socks that I keep on a plate in the cupboard - if EA ever add toddlers into this game, I will get them out and eat them :D

For some reason that makes me think of this :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY0DOnNK3Wg

Some really nice looking sims screenies there, @sparkfairy1 and @DrnSimmer :blush:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
    @Frogprincess_q im quite sure of it-but through no fault of our own eh? ;)
    @Frogprincess_q im quite sure of it-but through no fault of our own eh? ;)

We is what we is :innocent:

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sorry I'm feeling a bit sad now. My dad just got fired today and family friends we know in Hawaii, their daughter has cancer and it got caught late. So I don't think surgery or chemo will be possible for her. I'm just really sad about it all. I hope everyone is doing well.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Sorry I'm feeling a bit sad now. My dad just got fired today and family friends we know in Hawaii, their daughter has cancer and it got caught late. So I don't think surgery or chemo will be possible for her. I'm just really sad about it all. I hope everyone is doing well.

*hugs* my inbox is always open if you want to talk. <3 I always check my inbox when I wake up if I fall asleep. Take care of yourself.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
    @Scobre I'm so sorry lovely. You know where I am too *big cuddles*
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

*hugs* my inbox is always open if you want to talk. <3 I always check my inbox when I wake up if I fall asleep. Take care of yourself.
    Thanks I think I'm going to have a good cry about it tonight. At least I'll be seeing some friends tonight, so that will help. I might bug you later though.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member

Thanks I think I'm going to have a good cry about it tonight. At least I'll be seeing some friends tonight, so that will help. I might bug you later though.

Do whatever you need to keep the stress from invading. :) not sure when I'll sleep but I'll get back to you asap I promise. Just try to get plenty of rest and keep hydrated and everything, k? Sometimes people forget the basics when stressed. Gotta take care of yourself first. (Sorry to go all mom on you, guess it's a hard habit to break.)
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg

I'm not very good at the chatty thing, but I am also available for it. I'm online most of the day (Aussie hours). My step-daughter recently had a rather frightening brush with melanoma. Fortunately, she's ok now, but it was very scary for a while. The thing was visible, sitting under her thumbnail for a year, but she thought it was just a weird blood blister until it grew past her thumbnail. So she also had the late diagnosis problem. I am very grateful that she is more or less in the clear for the time being and that she gets the chance to see her kids grow up.

P.S. there is no need to apologise for feeling sad. Sadness is the appropriate response to sad things *hugs*

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    Big hugs Scobre, my heart goes out to you. I lost an older sister to cancer so I know how emotionally painful that can be. Allow yourself all the time you need. Emotions and grief take on many forms while you try to adjust mentally. Take care of yourself. Hugs And God bless!
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    @Scobre so sorry hun, and hope everything works itself out in the end, sending my love and bear hugs and im here to chat if you need it. *sending electronic daisies cause flowers make everyone feel a little better and its spring* :wink:
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited May 2015
    @Scobre I'm sorry. I hope your dad finds a new job soon and there is still something they can do about the cancer.
    Post edited by Anemone7 on
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    @scobre I'll be keep you and your family and loved ones in my thoughts today. Sending positive thoughts and love your way.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • StaceyUKStaceyUK Posts: 226 Member
    @Scobre Sending you hugs. I will be thinking of you.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @scobre sorry to hear about your Dad's job. I can sympathize and empathize as I am in the same boat. I hope your friends are able to get some top notch advise as so many new treatments are available even for late stage dx. Hugs and prayers.

@sparkfairy1 love the new family, they look wonderful together.
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    I’m so sorry to hear about the trials that you and your family are going through right now, @Scobre. I know it doesn’t mean much, but I can also empathize with what you’re going through financially since I’ve been there in recent times too, and we also just got the news last week that hubby’s mum has cancer for the third time. She beat the throat cancer years ago and was diagnosed last year with lung cancer; treatment was going well but then she started having seizures. A CT scan revealed she now has a very aggressive form of brain cancer, and the doctors have given her six months to live. It’s tough, and I hate the idea of anyone having to deal with something similar. Although I know I can’t offer much comfort, I’m sending my best thoughts out to you. *hugs*

And I just have to say, I really love the tone of this thread; how it is filled with both passion for the Sims series and compassion for one another as people. That’s what has kept me reading here—the sense of a community that truly cares. You are all wonderful. <3
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited May 2015

I'm so sorry to hear that! Cancer is a terrible heartless thing :/ Don't feel sorry for being sad! It's perfectly understandable. Sending my best wishes your way. Even if unlikely, I will be praying that she might just pull through. Also good look with your dads job situation.
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    starguru wrote: »
    I’m so sorry to hear about the trials that you and your family are going through right now, @Scobre. I know it doesn’t mean much, but I can also empathize with what you’re going through financially since I’ve been there in recent times too, and we also just got the news last week that hubby’s mum has cancer for the third time. She beat the throat cancer years ago and was diagnosed last year with lung cancer; treatment was going well but then she started having seizures. A CT scan revealed she now has a very aggressive form of brain cancer, and the doctors have given her six months to live. It’s tough, and I hate the idea of anyone having to deal with something similar. Although I know I can’t offer much comfort, I’m sending my best thoughts out to you. *hugs*

And I just have to say, I really love the tone of this thread; how it is filled with both passion for the Sims series and compassion for one another as people. That’s what has kept me reading here—the sense of a community that truly cares. You are all wonderful. <3

So sorry to hear about the cancer that your hubbys mum has! It effects so many people...my 11 year old niece was in hospital with leukaemia last year, luckily she survived. Best wishes to your family as well.
  • songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Popped in to say hi and keep up the good fight. Glad to see this thread is still going strong and hope someday they listen to everyone!
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Popped in to say hi and keep up the good fight. Glad to see this thread is still going strong and hope someday they listen to everyone!
    Hey! I missed your cute toddler avi. :)
    oh3cjs.jpg

Lovely to see you @songsmith2003 we missed you! :)

Lovely of you to pop by @SimGuruLyndsay :)
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Hello everybody. Congrats on 600+ pages! This is a novel! I do check in on you now and again even if I don't always comment.

PS. Hugs to you @Scobre.

Oh great to know that gurus pass by thise thread and iam pretty sure that 603 pages of talking about family playing would be a good hint for you guys to make generations ep next and bring toddlers for free with it and thanks for the new update it seems great
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top