March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ SANDRAELLE'S SHOWCASE ♥

Comments

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Grizzly Bear Roller Coaster Park is great! :) There are so many great features and activities to do at the park! The layout of the park looks very great! It looks very nice how you have set up the roller coaster! The trees look very nice how you have placed them in the park! It is a very nice woodland setting for sims to have fun riding the roller coaster, having meals and drink, and enjoying doing the different activities in the park! The skylights roofing over the entrance area and in the tunnel section of the roller coaster looks very nice! It looks great how you have placed the bear near the roller coaster entrance. The restaurant is very nice! The log texture of the exterior and interior walls looks very nice. It looks nice how you have placed the statue outside the front of the restaurant. It looks nice how you have built the building over the water. Very nice umbrella covered tables outdoors dining area for sims to enjoy eating outdoors in the air. They will enjoy looking at all that is happening outdoors whilst eating their food. Very nice indoors eating area as well. Sims will enjoy sitting at the tables eating food or having a drink from the barista bar or the bistro oven . The type of seating that you have placed there suits well the theme of the park. Sims will have fun entering the haunted house! Child sims will have fun playing on the playground equipment. It is nice that you have a carousel in the build. . Very nice outdoors barista counter stand area too. The awnings look nice over the top of the barista alcove. Sims will have fun playing the arcade games, or enjoy riding on the bull machine! It is a nice sitting nook where you have placed the greenery covered seat in the roller coaster stand. It is nice that sims can buy food from the food stands or get a snow cone from the cart.
    It looks a very fun park for sims to enjoy visiting! :)

Thank you Rose! It was hard to fit everything in but got in most of the activities I wanted to include. I hope it's a fun park to play. :-)
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    @Sandraelle , I posted on the other link as well to say I think you did such a great job with this build. Love the concept and the execution. Well done. Rec'd :D

Thank you so much soocoolsim! I haven't been back to that other thread, but will go check it out.
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Wow that looks amazing! You are a very wonderful creator dear!!

You're so sweet Bree, thank you so much. I was kinda bummed when I went to create the roller coaster park, because they haven't yet opened up some of the World of Wonder items to purchase -- but I wanted to include that carousel, so I just had to improvise and make my own, lol. :-)
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2015
    really amazing, I like how you used the entrance system, but with no fence all teh way around don't sims just sneak in?

reced and faved for later use... as it is to big for HS....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    anettesb wrote: »
    really amazing, I like how you used the entrance system, but with no fence all teh way around don't sims just sneak in?

Thanks Annette, but my bad, I didn't think about the no fence thing. I will keep that in mind for my next park. Thanks for mentioning it and for the rec!
    Sandraelle wrote: »

Thanks Annette, but my bad, I didn't think about the no fence thing. I will keep that in mind for my next park. Thanks for mentioning it and for the rec!

don't think it be to hard for any one to ad a fence.

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    question, do you bistro chefs stay put and serve the food? my hardly ever do....
    I need help getting the own to work.
    and don't know if it is becouse there is no sims with out a job in town, the lot zoning is wrong... or the bistro own got a bug....
    question, do you bistro chefs stay put and serve the food? my hardly ever do....
    and don't know if it is becouse there is no sims with out a job in town, the lot zoning is wrong... or the bistro own got a bug....

I don't think I've paid attention and watched long enough to notice, as I only play them just long enough to make sure things work properly. I will want to keep a look out gor that now, lol.
    Sandraelle wrote: »

I don't think I've paid attention and watched long enough to notice, as I only play them just long enough to make sure things work properly. I will want to keep a look out gor that now, lol.

if you learn any thing can you tag me and say what you found out?
    as I'm trying to figure it out in my game...

• MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    @Sandraelle I've got to say that this has got to be one of my favorite roller coasters, amazing job! Rec'd and fav'd
    MeaganJo wrote: »
    @Sandraelle I've got to say that this has got to be one of my favorite roller coasters, amazing job! Rec'd and fav'd

Wow Meagan, that is so nice of you to say. Thank you so much for letting me know and thanks for the rec!
    edited February 15
    CITY ROLLERS ROLLER COASTER PARK, 64x64 commercial lot, at 3058 Atkins Highway, Bridgeport, 6/13/15

Exchange Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8679555

Pics (90): http://imgur.com/a/UhC3H

This city-themed roller coaster amusement park in Bridegport is a city within the city and is laid out in a u-shape design.

ZRlP3Fz.jpg

Our park features tree-lined streets with manhole covers and road grates, sidewalks with stars, tall buildings, fire hydrants, barrier signs, street lights, road signs, street lamps, city benches, city planter boxes, billboard signs, fountains and more!

The main attraction of City Rollers is of course the Manhattan Express Roller Coaster with the coaster entrance conveniently located near the front of the park. It winds through the simulated city and in and out of buildings and boasts a track that climbs 7 stories high. On a hot day, you’ll appreciate the various water sprays throughout the coaster’s track.

Other park attractions include a Hot Air Balloon ride and Skeletons Haunted House. The only way to reach the balloon ride is over a bridge that crosses over the track (access is next to the playground). Stop for a few minutes and watch the coaster go by through the glass floor in the bridge. There is also a tunnel under the bridge with observation windows on both sides of the track for coaster viewing.

Don’t be too afraid of venturing in to our haunted house just because there is a small cemetery out front and skeleton parts strewn about. And don’t mind our unkempt grounds around the exterior – our maintenance crew refuses to step foot past the fence. Hopefully you’ll find your way out to the exit.

For game enthusiasts we have Asteroids Arcade with 4 floor levels of video arcade games and pinball machines, and the Sports Center with 4 floor levels consisting of basketball hoops, skeeball, ping pong and foosball tables. On the rooftop of the Sports Center is an observation deck with a sitting area and a telescope.

For the more athletic guest we have a Rock Climbing Gym with two rock walls spanning the first two floors and three more rock walls spanning the 3rd and 4th floors. There are large windows between the Sports Center and the Rock Climbing Gym to allow visitors a peek at what’s going on next door. And there is no shortage of music and cold beverages, as each floor of these establishments contain a jukebox and a vending machine.

In the mood for a tattoo? Be sure to visit our tattoo parlor, Get Inked, located between the haunted house and the pizzeria. A shared wall aquarium allows our guests to view the pizzeria next door.

And for the adults, there is evening entertainment in our Dance Club, located above the tattoo parlor. We have a dance floor, a bar, a DJ booth, juke box and karaoke machine.

On the midway you’ll discover we have kissing booths, a games booth, and a children’s playground that includes a trampoline.

Hungry? Don’t worry, we have lots of food options. Take in a main meal at Luigi’s Pizzeria . . . or the Parkway Diner . . . or a coffee and pastry at Cup of Joe Coffee Shop . . . and then come by for a cold tasty treat at Sprinkles Ice Cream Shoppe.

There are also food vendors along the way for those inbetween snacks. Don’t forget to take home a photo souvenir from one of three photo booths we have throughout the park (one outside the main entrance, one on the midway and one on the children’s playground).

For your convenience we have public restrooms near the entrance and at the end of the midway. The main restrooms building has a children’s area on the 2nd floor with changing stations and play areas.

Post edited by Sandraelle on
    wow, that looks amazing
    like how you have combinde difrent things from EP's and the store
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Wow What a beauty dear! You have done excellent work with this one for sure! Lots and lots of detail!!! I will be grabbing it next time i'm on the exchange sweetie!
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    edited June 2015
    Oh MY! Great details!! I miss CAS and Sims 3.....This lot is gorgeous!! Love the little shops and the Pizza place is fantabulous!!
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    City Rollers is such a detailed build! :) There are so many great areas in the build! It has so many very nice features in it! The shops, sports areas, dance club, and many other places in the build look so very great! The central roller coaster ride through the build looks very great! It would have taken you such a long time to do all the areas of the build! The furnishing of the areas, the colour schemes, and the layout of the build is very great! :) Sims will enjoy visiting your build!
    @anettesb, @BreeMiles, @Cassee and @rosemow - Thank you all for your nice comments and for taking time out to view my lot. :-)

It took me a long time to finish this one up, because I kept going back forth on how I wanted it to look and kept changing the architecture and colors....when I was about 1/2 way through I had almost decided not to even finish it because I wasn't happy with the look. Roller coasters are really hard to build because it's not so easy to move things around because there are so many pieces and they all have to fits just perfectly for it to work. I think this is the largest lot I've built so far, so I hope everyone enjoys playing it. :-)

edited February 15
    SEARS 1920 HOME, 40x40 residential lot at 8 Alder St., Hidden Springs, 6/15/15

Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8683128

This home was created for the "Monthly Building Challenge" by Ivanna420 (http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/819010/monthly-building-challenge-challenge-2-now-open). The challenge (idea and floor plan was submitted by Ciane) was to build a house from just seeing the floor plan -- the plan came from the Sears Roebuck Modern Home catalog and this plan came out in 1920. Without seeing the exterior, I decided on a brick colonial.

Here is the floor plan: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rosethornil/media/All_Sears_Homes/Ivanhoe_cat_FP_1920a.jpg.html

For a slideshow with more pics: http://imgur.com/a/UNIQW

gQVBohq.jpg

Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Your Sears home is very nice! :) Very nice exterior of the home! The brick texture of the exterior is very nice! The roof covered front porchway entrance is very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the fencing and columns there! The flowers look very pretty along the front of the home! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! It is a very nice and very detailed home! The floor patterning in the front foyer and hallway entrance area is very nice. The formal living room is very nice! The floral floor rug looks very pretty! Very nice window sofa seat sitting area! The curtains look very nice how you have placed them there. The grandfather clock looks homely in the corner of the room, and the family photos are a nice home touch on the wall. Very nice recolouring of the armchairs! Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the seating in the room listening to the music from the piano being played, reading a book and warming up near the fireplace. It looks very nice how you have placed the bookcases either sides of the fireplace. Very nice dining room! The colour scheme of the room is very calming for sims as they enjoy dining there. The flowers on the dining table are pretty for sims to see whilst eating meals there. The scenic and fruit pictures on the walls add nice looks in the room, and the teaset and cake stand on the side tables are nice dining touches. Very nice kitchen! The white colour scheme of the room looks nice. Nice texture of the countertops. The island bar stool counter is great! The hanging apron and the fruit bowl and knives set on the counters are nice kitchen items in the room. The grey brick wall texture is nice. The wall pattern in the main bathroom looks so nice! The furnishing of the bedrooms look very nice! The wall pattern in the girls bedroom is very pretty! The sleeping porch is very nice! It is nice that you hsve the hanging chair there. The floor rugs there add to the nice look of the area. It is nice that you have a servants quarters in the home.
    There are so many nice details in the build! I won't write about them all. Very nice patterns and colours that you have used for the walls through the home! Your home is very nice! :)
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    Beuatiful and cozy, SandraElee! I loved the sleeping porch! Cute decor throughout! Rec'd!

I,also just saw your cute city street lot! I love all the little shops! Rec'd!
    rosemow wrote: »
    Your Sears home is very nice! :) Very nice exterior of the home! The brick texture of the exterior is very nice! The roof covered front porchway entrance is very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the fencing and columns there! The flowers look very pretty along the front of the home! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! It is a very nice and very detailed home! The floor patterning in the front foyer and hallway entrance area is very nice. The formal living room is very nice! The floral floor rug looks very pretty! Very nice window sofa seat sitting area! The curtains look very nice how you have placed them there. The grandfather clock looks homely in the corner of the room, and the family photos are a nice home touch on the wall. Very nice recolouring of the armchairs! Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the seating in the room listening to the music from the piano being played, reading a book and warming up near the fireplace. It looks very nice how you have placed the bookcases either sides of the fireplace. Very nice dining room! The colour scheme of the room is very calming for sims as they enjoy dining there. The flowers on the dining table are pretty for sims to see whilst eating meals there. The scenic and fruit pictures on the walls add nice looks in the room, and the teaset and cake stand on the side tables are nice dining touches. Very nice kitchen! The white colour scheme of the room looks nice. Nice texture of the countertops. The island bar stool counter is great! The hanging apron and the fruit bowl and knives set on the counters are nice kitchen items in the room. The grey brick wall texture is nice. The wall pattern in the main bathroom looks so nice! The furnishing of the bedrooms look very nice! The wall pattern in the girls bedroom is very pretty! The sleeping porch is very nice! It is nice that you hsve the hanging chair there. The floor rugs there add to the nice look of the area. It is nice that you have a servants quarters in the home.
    There are so many nice details in the build! I won't write about them all. Very nice patterns and colours that you have used for the walls through the home! Your home is very nice! :)

Thanks Rose! I always love reading all of your comments and appreciate all the time you take to comment on all the little details.
    Beuatiful and cozy, SandraElee! I loved the sleeping porch! Cute decor throughout! Rec'd!

I,also just saw your cute city street lot! I love all the little shops! Rec'd!

Thank you so much for the recs and the nice comments Taryn. I didn't know what to do with that sleeping porch, lol....I struggled with the color scheme too, I really wish they would have made the red section in that pile of rugs re-colorable as well, I hate that it has to be red all the time, lol. Glad you came to visit. :-)
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member
    Excellent job with the Sears home @Sandraelle , but my o my, the City Rollers coaster park is totally amazing. I love it! Such a great idea to make the city and so very well executed. You have become so good at these. Makes me want to create another roller coaster lot since they are such fun. Well done :D
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Excellent job with the Sears home @Sandraelle , but my o my, the City Rollers coaster park is totally amazing. I love it! Such a great idea to make the city and so very well executed. You have become so good at these. Makes me want to create another roller coaster lot since they are such fun. Well done :D

Thanks so much for stopping by and for the nice words. I would like to attempt to start another roller coaster park but my previous ideas for the next one have escaped me, lol. I'm currently trying to finish up a resort lot (my first one), and that lot is HUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEE!!!!
  • GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    Really lovely work Sandraelle. I love your Roller Coaster Park and the Sears home is beautiful, particularly attractive wall colourings, very nice off to rec and fav. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top