Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR #16 - THE SIBLINGS

@masajo
    Such a charming little cottage build. You have done well with the small budget. The layout is well thought out and I can see it translating well into play. I think having the woodworking area off of Henry’s bedroom is a great idea. Your exterior looks amazing! I love the cottage planting, and you have made such great use of the terrain painting tools. The exterior treatments work well, great job mixing materials to make the place look interesting. Are those columns helping delineate the corners of the build? Fab idea! Your interior palette is lovely, soft and homely without being too feminine and I think bringing the stone inside is a great idea. Evie’s little bedroom is just gorgeous.

Suggestions: I do wonder if Henry's room could have benefitted from a little more colour, it is all very white.

@Karababy52
    Your exterior works really well with the cottage style, and that deck area is a great addition. The landscaping at the front of the lot is very sympathetic to the style of the build. The roofing is very well done. Your layout is well thought out and I can see that it would translate well into play. You have made some really great object choices and placement. Your palette works incredibly well throughout, those pops of blue help to build feel more interesting. Great use of clutter to help the build feel lived in and I think it’s a great idea to have the workshop off of Henry’s bedroom.

Suggestions: The rear of the build feels very bare, I wonder if having some plants or the use of the terrain painting tools back here would have helped add interest., also some sort of pathway leading to the camp fire area would help it feel more like part of the build. The interior feels very ‘samey’ with that stone wall treatment throughout the build, I would have liked to have seen the use of some different materials to help make the interior more pleasing to the eye.

@misscbong
    This little cottage is just gorgeous. The brick and vertical siding go incredibly well and help add interest to the exterior. Loving the use of the columns to help add definition. The dutch barn roofing looks great and has been well executed. Your landscaping is well thought out and goes well with the style of the build. Your layout works well and I can see it translating well into play. Your palette is lovely, the different finishes work well together. And I think having the woodworking area upstairs is a great idea!

Suggestions: It would have been nice to have included an outdoor seating area for Henry and Evangeline, and maybe some more landscaping towards the rear of the build. The kitchen feels a little bare, maybe some more clutter in there would have helped it feel more lived in.

@bouquetcatcher
    Oh, my! What a lovely rustic stone cottage, The architecture is really interesting, the roof has been well executed and I adore the cottage style planting out the front. You have made great use of the terrain painting tools, the back garden is lovely as well. The palette works really well throughout the build and you have made some really great object choices.

Suggestions: You might want to give more thought to your room sizes. The downstairs areas seem very large for the amount of furniture within them, whereas the first-floor rooms really feel quite small and cramped.

And the winner is.....

@masajo

Another really tough decision, you guys are making this harder each challenge.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
  • NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Congrats @masajo!!! High Five!
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Congratulations @masajo :)
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,998 Member
    Wow, big thank you @BuildnShare a wonderful surprise which has really made my day so happy. Noted your comments, will watch out for this in future :) Thank you very much @Zita1966z @Nhicks @misscbong @Issabella14 :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Congrats @masajo :)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Congratulations @masajo, very well deserved! :)
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    Well done @masajo !
  • kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    Well done to all the winners, @issabella2006 , @benlow11 and @folala your library's are beautiful and well deserving of your wins.
    And for @pammiechick & @masajo too for challenge

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback @BuildnShare for 16
    Thanks @kezflake, I love your builds too <3:)
    edited May 2015
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #17 - A GRAND PLACE OF LEARNING

@misscbong

The architecture of this place is stunning and the modern lines work really well with the landscaping you have chosen. The white and grey colours on the exterior work incredibly well with the styling. The layout looks great, I can totally see it working as a community lot. Your object choices and placement are great, I especially like that seating area on the first floor, I can imagine a readers group sat there discussing the latest title. Your palette is well thought out, using the scattered books to add interest to an otherwise neutral palette is a great idea.

Suggestions: The second-floor seating area’s feel a little sparse, I wonder if some more plants would have helped add some interest.

Doug’s Comments: Holy Moly! Totally blown away by the modern architecture with a nod back to a more classic time with those friezes.

@masajo
    The architecture of your library is really interesting, all columns and friezes, it really does look quite grand. The textures you have chosen work well with the style and the landscaping is fantastic. The interior layout looks like it would function well as a community lot. You have made some really wonderful choices with regards to object choices and placement, the children’s area looks adorable. Your interior palette is lovely, all those natural materials with some really bright pops of colour. I am impressed that you managed to make this so much more than a library, it is more of a multi-function building, a great use of the brief to make it yours.

Suggestions: The sides of the building feel very bland in comparison to the front and back, maybe adding some alcoves would have helped them feel a little more inspiring?

Doug’s Comments: This place is so much more than I asked for, loving the classical architecture and it would be remiss of me not to comment on that gorgeous landscaping.

And the winner for this challenge is......

@misscbong

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrats @misscbong :)

STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #18 - BEST LAID PLANS II

@Kaile

This little build is a gem! I love that you have thought so carefully about Kathleen and Kelvin’s lifestyle and incorporated it into the lot. The roofing is outstanding! The covered porch is great and those spandrels really help add interest. Your exterior is really charming, the treatments you have used out here work really well and your landscaping is just lovely. Your interior layout works well, you can tell that you put a great deal of thought into making the building wheelchair friendly. Your choice of palette really suits an older couple and you have made some really interesting object choices that are in tune with the style of the build.

Suggestions: Be careful with your flooring some of your wooden floors are going at the wrong angles. Think carefully about arranging your pictures, most participants try to make it feel a bit like a house tour, and don’t forget to add some titles to your shots, so that we can easily tell which room is which.

Congrats on your first BnS win!! Please think about moving up a group for the next challenge, your build is perfectly suited to the Established group, as you have a good understanding of how building works within TS4

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2015
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #18 - BEST LAID PLANS II

@misscbong
    The architecture for this build is just lovely and you have done a great job on the roofing. Your exterior treatments really help the build blend into it’s surroundings, especially with all that wonderful landscaping and that lovely wraparound porch. The layout works well, I can tell you put some thought into making the place wheelchair friendly. You have made some really great object choices, the place feels like it belongs to an older couple without being too dark and dismal, a great combination. I have to say that family portrait over the mantel-piece is inspired!!

Suggestions: Think really carefully about your colour combinations, some of them feel a little random in places i.e the master bedroom rugs. I’m not convinced on the red and white garden furniture, it seems to stick out like a sore thumb out the back there, maybe it would have looked a little more in keeping with the rest of the exterior had you used more natural colours? I would have really liked to have seen a walk in shower for Kathleen to use. It would be really helpful if you could label your pics, it makes it much easier for us poor judges to get a sense of which room is which ;)

@masajo
    This is such a quirky, unique build! The architecture looks great and is paired really well with the landscaping you have chosen to use. The exterior treatments are fab and I especially like those stone columns, as they add a little more interest to the build. You have done a great job with the roofing. Your rear garden area looks fab, those maple trees add a lovely splash of colour to the neutral palette you chose out there. Your layout works well and I can tell you put lots of thought into making the property wheelchair friendly. The soft palette you have chosen is lovely and helps make the building feel incredibly coherent.

Suggestions: I would have liked to have seen a walk in shower for Kathleen to use.

The winner is

@masajo

GArBA5W.jpg
    Congratualtions @misscbong for challenge #17, to @masajo for challenge #18 and @kaile for challenge #18 too. Great builds and well done <3:)
    Congrats Winners :) well deserved on your wonderful builds!

• KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    Thank you! XD ill be entering established for challenge 19 I suppose D:
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Congrats 2 all the winners !!
    Kaile wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    Kaile wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!!
    thanks! <3
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #18 - BEST LAID PLANS PART II

@Zita1966z

Great structural design to your bungalow which most certainly is wheelchair friendly. Lovely exterior textures which contrast well with the windows and doors. Great creativity shown with the awesome garage door and wheelchair! The grass plants used at the front soften the build very nicely. Gorgeous rear garden with the pool and patio, great effect with the fountain. Could only see an overhead view of the gardening plot but it does look good. Very good interior layout which will enable good gameplay. Really like the study nook with the certificates on the wall. Lots of cupboard space in the kitchen area which is always good and the dining room looks beautiful with the wall decorations and lovely seats.

Suggestions: A few suggestions on your presentation which is also judged. It is good to take a few shots of every room showing different angles so we get the full picture of the room. I noticed there were no pics of your bathrooms or gardening plot, I could only see these on the blueprint. We would like to see pics of all sides of the exterior walls and also an overhead shot of the build with roof up so we can see the rooflines. Make sure your pics are well organised, taking us on a full tour of the build.

@TwtyBrd0707

Gorgeous bungalow with good exterior textures and great choice of windows and doors. Lovely porch with seated areas and great creativity shown with the ramp for wheelchair access! Beautiful planting and good use of terrain paint. The open plan interior layout is wonderful and spacious, with all rooms easily accessible. Love the kitchen design, the counters look fabulous set at an angle. The mounted fish on the walls really add to the homeliness of this build, as does the fireplace in the living area. The bedrooms are both beautifully decorated and you did well to create a study, great work!

Suggestions: Only use one entry form, if you need to change it then just edit it. We judge primarily on the shots you use in your presentation. We always suggest taking a few pics of every room so we can see each room from different angles. We also like to see pics of all external sides of the building plus an overhead shot of the build with the roof up so we can see the rooflines.

@folala

A very beautiful facade to your bungalow with wonderful wall textures, great choice and placement of windows and doors, columns, spandrels and fencing all adding to the neat and clean appearance. Very thoughtful to include a ramp for wheelchair access. The gorgeous curved borders with wonderful choice of plants and the window boxes provide colour and softness to the build. Excellent work with the fishing pond, edged with the appropriate plants and rocks. Great design to the back garden with the painting area, love the 'cushions' on the seats! The whole interior is decorated and furnished beautifully for this elderly couple. Excellent use of moo throughout, you have really made this build very homely with all these decorative touches. Also, fantastic idea to add railings around the home. Fabulous kitchen design and the pantry area, which is very well stocked, is so adorable! Elegant master bedroom and bathroom with the walk in shower being a great idea.

Suggestions: The finishes on the foundation of the front porch look a little uneven to me. I would have either continued with the diamond pattern or just stuck to brickwork all along. The other suggestion concerns both bathrooms. I would have chosen floorings to better match the walls or vice versa.

@Liziann1

A lovely modern design using a good combination of wall textures, great choice and placement of windows and doors and a very unique roof structure. The front porch gives the build character and your beautiful landscaping provides colour and softness. Great patio areas with ample seating for relaxation. I love the turtle by the steps into the pool! Your interior design is very regal and majestic looking with a real air of class. The open plan layout provides spaciousness to the different areas, which are very elegant. Fantastic kitchen area, really like how you've placed the counters. Both bedrooms continue with the regal style completing the elegant look of the home.

Suggestions: Open plan areas are excellent for providing space, but watch the colour scheme. Try to keep the colours matching and flowing into each area. I felt the turquoise in the tv area, the blue in the dining area and red in the lounge didn't quite blend with one another.

@Nhicks

Wonderful work, your building skills really shine through here! Forever Young is a beautiful name for this modern home. Your choice of exterior textures is spot on and blend wonderfully with each other. Lovely clean and crisp architecture enhanced by the gorgeous landscaping. Magnificent pool area, great work placing the table and chairs in the water, fabulous effect! Love the fountains and the pergola, wonderful creativity shown here and it makes a fabulous dining area. Really pleased to see you took the modern look inside and created some beautiful rooms. The open plan concept is decorated and furnished exquisitely and each area blends with the next. Fantastic mooing under the tv! Both bathrooms and bedrooms are very tastefully designed, Kaiden will love sleepovers here.

Suggestions: I would have liked to see a pathway leading from the carport to the rear gate. Also, the roof of the carport looks a little large to me, perhaps a flat roof would look neater.

@pammiechick

Lots of thought has been put into this gorgeous ranch, good to see it's based on real life! Great courtyard at the front with the pool and fountains. The gnome garden is astonishing, a kind of enchanted/fairytale garden that the grandchildren will love. The covered outdoor kitchen/dining area is a fabulous feature, the mounted fish look great on the walls. Super idea having a separate entrance to the guest quarters, this will avoid any disturbance to the house. Really impressed with your interpretation of 50's style interior design, you've got the kitchen spot on and the jukebox is a special extra! The whole ranch is decorated and furnished very tastefully based on a soothing blue colour scheme.

Suggestions: The gable roof at the front of the build doesn't sit quite right in my eyes. I would have used a half roof to keep it in line with the other structures.

@gmcrozier

Wow, what an epic build, you have used every bit of space on the lot! Amazing effect of the path and fountains leading to the entrance of this modern ranch, looks really illusional. Lovely combination of wall and roof textures and the pool looks very refreshing. The minimal landscaping works really well with the modern style of the build. Your modern interiors are impeccable though maybe a little too modern for an elderly couple. The streamlined kitchen with integrated bar and dining area are very clean and crisp looking. Really like how you've divided this area and the living space with the piano, great idea! Excellent combination of wall textures in the living area, which have created a fantastic feature of the fireplace with the mirrors either side. Great creativity shown with the accordian glass doors, they look mighty impressive opening out onto the gorgeous sun terrace!

Suggestions: The view of the left side of the build looks quite long, maybe this could have been broken up somehow, for example an indented bin storage area in the middle or even just using a different texture. The master bedroom looks a little too red to me, I would have chosen a white or grey carpet with a red rug.

I would also like to suggest you consider moving up to Expert level for the next challenge, your building skills are most impressive!

@Issabella14

Remembrance is a beautiful build, both inside and out. Love the solar panels on those great rooflines! Very thoughtful of you to provide ramps for wheelchair access at both front and rear. The structure of your build provides interest with the wall design and the back garden is fabulous, really love the gardening station with all the utensils, the bird bath and the landscaping. Great interior layout and fabulous interior design, you have really got the elderly look spot on! The living room has lots of lovely clutter and bits and pieces, yet very tastefully furnished and decorated. Looks really comfortable and lived in. The dining room has an air of elegance and formality. Really cosy looking kitchen with that fabulous pantry for storage .. wonderful! Oh and your therapeutic pool is amazing, absolutely beautiful. The spare room is magically enchanting, perfect for any grandchild and I love the colour scheme of the main bedroom. You really have put lots of thought into this build and created an amazing piece of work.

Suggestions: Regarding the facade of the build, the gable texture and the wood walls don't quite look right to me, I would probably have used a painted render on the walls. Also, when taking pics of the outside make sure you're in live mode to avoid the white lines around the lot.

I would also like to suggest you consider moving up to Expert level, your creativity and building skills are really shining through!

@lisa17ann

New Beginnings is a gorgeous cottage style home with great rooflines, though I'm not sure about the front aspects. It would be great if we could re-size, style and shape each side of a roof individually! Wonderful choice of windows and doors with gorgeous colourful plants adding to the cottage feel. The rear garden looks very beautiful, love how you've created the covered bench, looks so pretty. It will be lovely to sit here and watch the grandchildren play. Great patio area for dining and relaxing, excellent idea to keep the pool separate for safety! The interior design is very tastefully decorated and furnished in an elderly way, ie the mounted fish on the walls and the gramophone in the living room and the plates on the walls in the elegant dining room all add to this feel. Well laid out kitchen, the computer nook looks fabulous here. Gorgeous guest room, the yellow colour scheme together with the sunflower pic gives a sunny and cheery appearance.

Suggestions: I would have added a path from the garden gate at the front using terrain paint to curve into the main path at about halfway perhaps. This would also have provided more interest at the front. Also, please remember to add the Gallery link to the entry form.

@kezflake

Wow, this is an absolutely stunning build! Fantastic architecture, fabulous roof structure, excellent choice and placement of windows and doors and gorgeous textures used externally. Wonderful front terrace, love your chosen fencing and columns, the steps and ramp are perfect! Now, on to my favourite part .. the landscaping .. oh my, you have worked absolute wonders here! I am in awe of all this beautiful work, the fountain with the central ballerina looks gorgeous edged with the plants and rocks, as do the lovely borders. Great design to the rear garden, again with amazing landscaping creating different areas, the gnomes look really cute out here! Very good idea to keep the pool separate for safety. Lovely interior layout with the open plan concept. Love the golden colour scheme throughout, gives the home a real sunny and cheery appearance. You have decorated and furnished the home with an elderly couple in mind and provided memories with the mounted fish and trophies.

Suggestions: I would have added some pot plants to the rear porch by the doors, perhaps in clusters of say three. Also at the rear, where you have paved around the windows on the right, I would have either softened the edges here with more planting or continued with the terrain paint creating a curved path.

@kameliaxxx

This is such a very beautiful, well structured house with wonderful landscaping. The exterior textures you have used are a great combination and the fresh lemon paint really enhances the appearance. The dormers look so cute with the window boxes and the columns, spandrels, arches and fencing all add lots of interest to the build. You have designed and landscaped the rear garden most beautifully, I love the pathways edged with plants and the corner pool and patio look amazing. The interior layout is nice and spacious with each room decorated and furnished very tastefully. I love the country style kitchen with the table moo'd into the counter! The bar area in the dining room is very impressive, lots of creativity shown here. This room looks old and modern at the same time! Both bedrooms have great colour schemes but what really stands out is the feature of the enlarged picture behind the bed. This is a superb effect which almost makes one feel in the countryside itself.

Suggestions: As the actual presentation itself is judged, I would like to provide a few suggestions on this. The pictures need to be well organised, giving a tour of the build. Also, it is good to title the pics. Finally, we like to see an overhead shot of the build with the roof up in order to see the rooflines.

Your design and building skills are clearly of a very high standard and I would suggest you consider entering at Expert level for future challenges.

@benlow11

A very gorgeous looking bungalow with windows and doors contrasting wonderfully with the external textures. The planted borders and front porch give the build a very attractive appearance, good to see you added a ramp here! Lovely relaxing patio garden at the rear with bbq and refreshing pool. I really like how you've moo'd the window boxes, looks very effective and the arch to the bin area looks so pretty. Excellent interior layout with lots of space and all rooms easily accessible. Fantastic kitchen design, the curved counters look fabulous and the turquoise colour really livens this area up. Great choice of flooring for easy wheelchair manoeuvre but think I would have used a rug under the coffee table in the living area instead of the dark wood. The master bathroom is gorgeous, very impressive how you've moo'd the counter in and angled the mirrors to create a vanity unit and also provided rails for safety.

Suggestions: Watch the floor tiles, I noticed in the entrance some have rotated.

Third place goes to ....

@Nhicks

With second place going to ....

@Issabella14

The winner of this challenge is ....

@kezflake

GArBA5W.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Congratulations to @kezflake , @issabella14 , and @Nhicks ! Awesome builds! <3 (As well as everyone else's!)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Congrats everyone!!! i enjoyed seeing everynes hones in this chsllenge :) And Thank @BuildnShare !!!
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    Thank you so much @BuildnShare , I'm so happy to have won this challenge. There were so many beautiful entries so to come first has really made my day.

Thank you very much @pammiechick

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top