Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A possible hint for toddler in TS4 ?

13...Next

Comments

• sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    I'll
    ferret9005 wrote: »
    I'll take a dog over a toddler any day!

I'll take any dog over any humans any day.

take Werewolves

Lol, okay. XD
    Alnairan wrote: »
    I would see it as a hint for pets, not for toddlers.

Not that we NEED a hint for pets. They wouldn't fail to deliver one of their best selling EP themes.

Look again. Baby riding on a dog like a cowboy. Toddler. Hint. See it as.
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited May 2015
    Sul5ul wrote: »
    It would be such a waste of resources and time just to add a single life stage. I'd rather have toddlers themed with a generations theme.
    Excuse me? That "simple life stage" was a staple in the previous two base games, it it something we have come to expect and deserve. It is not our fault that EA spent their time and resources on a social game which fell though, and then decided to work on walk styles and push ups instead of adding in toddlers.

This is why I see the word "toddler" and I cringe...what the plum are you getting so riled up about? It's not that serious. I can't wait to see what people freak out about once they get toddlers. #firstworldproblems

"Deserve" lol, seriously...

We pay for this game and many will continue to do so. It's not like anything this game offers is really for free. There's always a motive and a profit to be made. It's best to consider the "free" updates as more of an investment on the part of EA/Maxis.

"deserve" why not? It was promised before the game and they've been in the game in the past as an expansion of the life stages Sims 1 provided. Why accept less from a product you spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on?

I think one should always strive to better themselves and what they can do, nothing will ever be perfect but when it comes to the next installation of a series it's nice to see improvements.

Some issues people have with the sims 4
    • Loading Screens
    • Loading Screen Times
    • Inability to visit neighbors without a loading screen
    • Lack of Activities
    • Lack of Social Activities (activities for more than one sim to do together)
    • Lot sizes
    • Lack of Lots
    • No way to create you're own world
    • No terrain options
    • Robotic Sims
    • Bugs
    • Lack Of Toddlers
    • Lack of places to visit
    • Lack of story progression
    • Forced story progression (active households getting and leaving careers)
    • Faulty Sim Reactions

I'm sure there are some other things that can be added to that list but for the most part it's nothing that can't be fixed, so why not complain in an attempt to see the game get better? Who's really hurt by this?

I of course admit that these "toddler hints" are beyond out of hand. It shows the desperation to get toddlers back and the people who take glee in poking fun at others. (which isn't necessarily a bad thing when there's no ill intent intended)
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    It really doesn't matter if some people consider toddlers as babies in real life. In the Sims series there are life stages and they are labeled as such ;)normally there is baby, toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult, elder. A toddler hint would definitely have the world toddler in it. Not the word 'baby' & not a picture of a baby :D (if anyone else remembers the thread going around of a picture of a baby in a TS3 shirt saying it was a hit of toddlers coming to TS4).

I want toddlers as much as anyone but these 'possible hint' threads are getting exhausting :'(
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    I think we will get toddlers eventually. The reason why we haven't got them yet is probably because EA wants to release those other packs first, don't you think? By the time TS4 came out in September, they were already working on GTW and Outdoor Retreat and Party SP. After the release of TS4, fans wanted toddlers and family-play back, so they started to work on those. So my guess is, we will get our toddlers back when they are done with stuff they produced before the complaints. (It's even possible they had toddlers ready with ghosts and pools, but they didn't add them because they wanted them to come in patch with corresponding EP.)
  • SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    The problem I have with all the incessant toddler talk is that, in my opinion, the addition of toddlers won't save the game. All will not be perfect with Sims 4 just because of a 3-5 day sequence of diaper changing and potty training. Please understand, I get it that some people really, really, REALLY want/miss toddlers, but if and when toddlers are added, then what? Does the game suddenly shoot from a 6 out of 10 to a 10 out of 10?

I have nothing against toddlers and would welcome them (back) to the series. I agree, they shouldn't have been omitted, but they were and I think that was a mistake on the part of the development team. That said, however, in my opinion, there are many (MANY) things that need to be added or adjusted in TS4. Toddlers is just one thing on a very, very long list. Most of the things on that list affect gameplay as a whole. They are things that affect every Sim in the game, not just parent-Sims. I think that sometimes gets lost in all the non-stop toddler talk.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    The problem I have with all the incessant toddler talk is that, in my opinion, the addition of toddlers won't save the game. All will not be perfect with Sims 4 just because of a 3-5 day sequence of diaper changing and potty training. Please understand, I get it that some people really, really, REALLY want/miss toddlers, but if and when toddlers are added, then what? Does the game suddenly shoot from a 6 out of 10 to a 10 out of 10?

I have nothing against toddlers and would welcome them (back) to the series. I agree, they shouldn't have been omitted, but they were and I think that was a mistake on the part of the development team. That said, however, in my opinion, there are many (MANY) things that need to be added or adjusted in TS4. Toddlers is just one thing on a very, very long list. Most of the things on that list affect gameplay as a whole. They are things that affect every Sim in the game, not just parent-Sims. I think that sometimes gets lost in all the non-stop toddler talk.

Amen I worship your post!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    simsilver wrote: »
    Last time I checked, a baby is not a toddler.

Yes but toddler is still considered as baby i think? Well cant be sure.. maybe its just words, not a hint. maybe.

No, it really isn't. Babies don't toddle (a word that means walking, but not well); toddlers do.

Yes, but everybody when talking about a tiny child in the home says 'the baby' they don't say 'the toddler'. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Yes but toddler is still considered as baby i think? Well cant be sure.. maybe its just words, not a hint. maybe.

No, it really isn't. Babies don't toddle (a word that means walking, but not well); toddlers do.

Yes, but everybody when talking about a tiny child in the home says 'the baby' they don't say 'the toddler'. :)

and we already have babies! I see.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

and we already have babies! I see.

The babies we have must be hints about toddlers.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member

With their return it'll probabaly increase to 7 out of 10. That's one point up :D .

I understand you though, there are indeed many areas of improvement needed for this game.
  • lanna_rawrlanna_rawr Posts: 25 Member
    Honestly, I enjoy playing the game up until its time to grow my baby up. After that it just feels wrong seeing it turn right into a child.:p I usually do generational play and a game without toddlers seems lacking. I haven't bought the game pack or the new expansion and I probably wont be buying anything more until toddlers are added. Why buy stuff for a game I don't play? But that's just me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. :]
  • twistidsimmertwistidsimmer Posts: 36 Member
    I don't want toddlers until they get rid of this incest thing I have been seeing other players complain about. If they cant keep sims from falling in love with their mom or dad...well lets just hope they get it figured out.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Yeah, I feel like that too... I'm thinking they might bring them in just before a pets expansion because they are probably a similar size, and crawl on 4 legs.
  • WaterHornetWaterHornet Posts: 352 Member
    lanna_rawr wrote: »
    Honestly, I enjoy playing the game up until its time to grow my baby up. After that it just feels wrong seeing it turn right into a child.:p I usually do generational play and a game without toddlers seems lacking. I haven't bought the game pack or the new expansion and I probably wont be buying anything more until toddlers are added. Why buy stuff for a game I don't play? But that's just me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. :]
    I think you're in a very crowded boat. I feel the exact same way and I see many, MANY more who express this same idea. The game is very centered towards a very specific kind of player and in their attempt to expand their player base by building a game that can run on a UNIVAC they alienated the exact folks who've brought the series this far. I can't play The Sims 4 with all those weird design choices they made so I just shut it off one day and stopped playing. I went back to The Sims 3 and the community there is STILL going strong, gifting store items, chatting it up on the forums, posting their screenshots and stories and it's all beautiful to see. I stopped by here on my way over THERE and it's still the same stuff being rehashed after all these months. I'm frankly shocked to even hear a Stuff Pack is being released. Either Maxis is clearing the pipeline or the game is selling well enough for them to continue to develop for it. If it is doing well in terms of money then color me surprised...I really thought they'd quietly pull the plug like they did SimCity.
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    I see what you mean by the way it's written, I know a baby is not a toddler, but how often would you see a baby riding a dog, if it's not at toddler stage/age? But this is probably a clue to Pet ep

Hey, I'm still the baby of the family at 50+ years of age (being the youngest). B) And babies don't ride dogs...but probably just some sort of cute little phrase rather than an actual hint (like my Sim's bestseller, "Toddlers and Other Mythical Creatures" :D ).

You're 50+????? XD