Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Interactive Reality Game Show Community Thread [WE HAVE MOVED!]

TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
edited February 2017 in Off Topic Chat

Welcome to...

image.jpg

The purpose of this thread is to showcase all the competitive AND interactive reality shows on this site, as well as to bring together all members of the reality show community into one thread where we can discuss old shows, share new ideas, and just hang out. :smiley:

Reality Shows emerged very early in the Sims 3 forums, as early as 2009, and have continued to develop over the years. It's now typical for a reality show to be "interactive", meaning, the real life players on this site control the destiny of the Sim they submit into the show. Participating in an interactive show means you compete against everyone else by completing challenges, making alliances, and voting people out (in Survivor and Big Brother type games, that is. Other games feature a secret "traitor" who is either betraying the group for their own benefit, or, killing them off one-by-one in a murder mystery-esque show).

7 years later, reality shows are still going strong, thanks to a passionate community of players who enjoy the competitive nature of the game and the stories created from the Sims we make.

Now, we finally have a place where we can all come together as a community and appreciate all of the shows produced over the years, and look forward to the exciting possibilities for Reality Shows in the future. :)

elegant-hi.png

Post edited by Turner on

Comments

• TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    edited February 2017
    COMMUNITY_MEMBERS.jpg

This is a list of all (still active) members of the Reality Show Community.

In order to be a member, you must have been signed up for (or hosted) at least 1 show.

To be part of this list, simply list what shows you are CURRENTLY in, and/or any shows you have hosted.

TURNER
    nPASBZLVOACWI.jpeg
    Hosts: The Mole
    Currently competing in: Jetset, Abnormality, GHMV

HAYLO
    nLGPMMDY6BC4H.jpg
    Hosts: Zero Privacy
    Hosted: Taiha's Mini Mole , Locked
    Currently competing in: The Mole, Abnormality

VUL
    n2ZHEEGEC4CBZ.png
    Hosts: Jetset
    Currently competing in: Zero Privacy, The Mole, All-Stars

SMARTIES
    n133LRXHAD301.jpg
    Hosts: Abnormality
    Hosted: Locomotive

ALLEEN
    nD3I0640O53HH.jpg
    Hosts: Are You The One?
    Hosted: Romeo and Juliet
    Currently competing in: Locomotive , Double Trouble , All-Stars

JAKE
    nZ433PBBLWPV2.jpg
    Hosts: Sims Reality All-Stars
    Hosted: The Battle Against Mummification, the Eliminator
    Currently competing in: Jetset, The Mole, AYTO

NINJA
    nGG9D2NNOBZGP.png
    Hosts: The Bachelor
    Currently competing in: Abnormality, Zero Privacy, The Mole

TIGER
    nGXKQYSR4NJLQ.png
    Hosts: High Hopes/Hunt or be Hunted
    Currently competing in: Jetset, The Mole

CHOCO
    n7KTYBT1F6O10.png
    Hosts: GHMV
    Currently competing in: Jetset

TWIDDLE
    nBLVGGHW1KK5K.png
    Currently competing in: AYTO, Hunt or Be Hunted, SRAS

SKELDA
    n6STFY8QM18DK.jpg

LO
    nU1V68AS9F5GV.png

PENGUIN
    nBBJRE6ZLMJCN.jpg
    Hosts: Twinning
    Currently competing in: Zero Privacy, Abnormality

LEOIN
    defaultavatar.png
    Currently competing in: Zero Privacy

YANNIK
    n49HR9JX3RDXV.png
    Currently competing in: Currently competing in: Abnormality, Reality All Stars, The Circus (High Hopes), AYTO

THESINGINGSIMMER
    n70Q734AFA1DN.png
    Currently competing in: Abnormality

ROSIE
    nY5MZ7BHK1U2Y.png
    Hosts: Murder in the Manor
    Currently competing in: Reality All-Stars

KALI
    nW59K05EOB7V5.png
    Post edited by Turner on
  • HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    edited February 2016
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,718 Member
    edited April 2016
    xmas_balloon.png Have a birthday?... Post it here so we can all celebrate! xmas_balloon.png

https://youtu.be/Xy-4ykwGFDk

January: -
    Aquarius ~

February: -
    Pisces ~
    19th: Yannik
    21st: Skelda and Smarties
    23rd: Bean

March: -
    6th: Ninja

Aries ~

April: -
    11th: Turner

Taurus ~

May: -
    11th: Jake

Gemini ~

June: -
    13rd: Vul

Cancer ~

July: -
    Leo ~
    26th: Haylo

August: -
    Virgo ~
    31st - Twiddle

September -
    19th: Lo

Libra ~
    24th: Tiger

October: -
    Scorpio ~

November: -
    5th: Rosie

Saggitarius ~
    23rd: Mojo

December: -
    14th: Alleen

Capricorn ~
    Post edited by M13Vulpecula on
    Banner.png
  • KingSmartiesKingSmarties Posts: 899 Member
    edited December 2015
    WINNERS_HALL.jpg

This is the hall of winners, champions are great players of these games! Everyone has had to fight to get these top spots but it was worth it in the end!

THERE ARE A FEW SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD SO IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW THE FINAL RESULTS I SUGGEST PROCEEDING DOWN THE PAGE! THANKS :D

PS- To see the winners of these shows, you will have to quote this post to find them out. The answers will be revealed in your comment box :)

Winners:

ROMEO AND JULIET!
    Season One: Jules Jordan
    Season Two: Fynn Montgomery
    Season Three: Holly Ryan, Salem Cabot and Summer Jardin
    Season Four: Roel Cooper
    Season Five: Charity Patrick & Ollie Valence

THE MOLE!
    Season One: Nwa Canitia
    Season Two: Taiha Anderson
    Season Three: Sara Vesela
    Season Four: Sidney Lansing

JETSET!
    Season One: Min Hee Nii and Odessa Wolff
    Season Two: TBA

HIGH HOPES!
    Season One: TBA

CASTAWAY!
    Season One: Captain Crook
    Season Two: TBA

ABNORMALITY!
    Season One: Plum Love
    Season Two: Natalia Fiore
    Season Four: TBA

LOCKED!
    Season One: Leroy Jordan

ZERO PRIVACY!

BLACK SHEEP!

CRAZY BRADY'S BOOT CAMP!

THE LOCOMOTIVE!
    Season One: Steven Hollywood
    Season Two: Damion White

TAIHA'S MINI MOLE!
    Season One: Jan Ellis
    Season Two: Mandi Stuart

NO PRIVACY!
    Season One: Abigail
    Season Two: Eva
    Season Four: Carleigh
    Season Five: Rose
    Season Six: Alabaster
    Season Seven: Shania

THE BATTLE AGAINST MUMMIFICATION!
    Season One: Ruby
    Season Two: Van
    Season Three: Nagel

SIMS REALITY ALL-STARS!
    Season One: Cassi
    Post edited by KingSmarties on
    edited July 2015
    AWARDS.jpg

Every year, we will host a Simmy Awards for different categories related to Reality Shows, and specifically relating to the actual players.

Some of the categories will include....

(HOST AWARDS)
    **Best Overall Show**
    Most Reliable Host
    Best Screenplay/Writing: Comedy
    Best Screenplay/Writing: Entertaining
    Best Original Show
    Best Character Depiction
    Best Photography
    Best Real Life Challenges

(PLAYER AWARDS)

*Reality Show Champion* (most wins for that year)
    Best DRE's
    Best Sim Collection
    Post edited by Turner on
    edited January 2016
    CURRENT POLL
    vote2-300x300.png

Every month, we will have a new category for a Top 10 Countdown!

Post edited by Turner on
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by Turner on
    edited October 2015
    FAN ART!!! *working on a better banner. It should be out sometime in the near future..

screenshot_original.jpg
    Made by Vul

The Mole Meme!!!
    Mole+Meme.jpg
    Made by Vul

ZLOkq0q.jpg"width=600"
    Made by Jake

screenshot_original.jpg
    Made by Vul

Screenshot.jpgEvarrine+y+u+no.jpg
    Made by Vul

QtE6qt9.jpg
    Made by Jake

9hZN2Hq.jpg
    Made by Jake

Tv3ubBh.jpg
    Made by Jake

Wtw-5Efw_er4klZ_AbNXRej_SnKdCqpoaArhWbqwA9k=w229-h576-no
    Made by Vul

e2ubUhV.jpg
    Made by Artist

Sidney%26Chanel.jpg
    Made by Vul

LOOK%2BAT%2BME%21%21%21.png
    Made by Vul

ZOMBIEZ!!!.jpg
    Made by Vul

Abnormality-%2BEviction%2B13.jpg
    Made by Kieran (In-story Abnormality 4 fan)

RampJ%20Family%20Tree_zps4fohq57m.jpg
    Made by Alleen

ld70Dvl.jpg
    Made by Bean

lFAzfaD.jpg
    Made by Bean

Tu2jDgB.jpg
    Made by Jake

a9CSZ8w.jpg
    Made by Jake

6hE5Qb6.jpg
    Made by Jake

kw2kEqE.jpg
    Made by Jake

3lmZBvq.jpg
    Made by Jake

359hcwm.jpg
    Made by Kali

Vul wrote:
    YOU can also make Fan Art!!!
    Post edited by M13Vulpecula on
    Banner.png
    edited May 2016
    REALITY SHOW CEMETERY
    cemetery014.gif

A list of links to all shows that once lived, but have now died, unlikely to ever return... May they rest in peace.

(If you have a show you want listed on here, tell me. I am only counting shows that completed at least 1 full season)

Romeo & Juliet
    by Alleen
    RampJSeason%205_zpsjithucy2.jpg

The last season can be found here:Season 5
    There were 5 complete seasons.

TS3RS
    by Brandon
    title-page-2.jpg?w=497&h=397

One of the most successful early on interactive Sims 3 reality shows based around the format of American Big Brother.

TS3RS wordpress homepage can be found here
    There were 8 complete seasons.

The Battle Against Mummification
    by Jake
    ahPuW.png

The Battle Against Mummification was a BB-like show with the contestants getting mummified instead of exiting the house.

TBAM episode guide can be found here
    There were 3 complete seasons.

levaes4.jpg

REALITY DO'S AND DON'TS....
    (presented by Jake and a lil' bit of Vul :p )

Do's:

Do turn aging off- No one wants to see someone's sim turn into an elder while on the show! Can you imagine if I turn aging on, and your sim has turn into an elder!

Do send an alliance e-mail (aka an e-mail with every contestant's e-mail on it)- It is VERY HARD to make allies without an alliance e-mail! Even though there is profiles for people to make alliances, but there is always a chance that you will get caught with the comment! E-mailing is the best way to ask for allies! With that, there is a very little chance you will get caught!

Do post in the official thread often- There is even some shows that will kick you off if you do not post a lot. Even if those shows don't kick you off, people are likely to go after if you do not post a lot.

Do read the questions of a quiz/directions of a competition CAREFULLY- One misread can cost you a lost. If they ask how many letters in the alphabet, then do not list the letters in the alphabet. Just say the number 26. If they say to list the letters of the alphabet, then list them. But if they say how many, then do not list them.

Do make a show like Survivor, and Big Brother interactive- If a show makes everything inactive and the creator just made everything up, it will be unfair because people couldn't control their fates, so make it interactive. Use e-mails and stuff like that to make interactive.

Do read each sim's personality carefully- If somebody submits a sim with a really big personality, and you don't express it, then I would consider you a bad writer. Yes, there are traits, but a sim's personality can't always be described with traits. Take Courtney Yates for example who is notable for being a deadpan snarker on Survivor: China. I don't think you can described her personality through traits. You can give her the Good Sense of Humor trait, but there is different types of humor (such as prop comedy, puns, etc.)

Do set deadlines for Challenges, votes and all the jazz. It will stimulate people not to procrastinate the things they have to do in order for the show to go on. Don't be too strict though...

Do use the alt-button if you use the moveobjects on cheat to place your Sims in situations like a group listening to the host. It's a TV game show, not the military, so the Sims don't have to stand on a perfect line. On the contrary, it looks more relaxed if they are in a slightly messy line and so they look more realistic.

Don'ts:

Don't say "Check Your E-mail" to any contestant- That is a way to an obvious alliance.

Don't go on a vacation without telling the creator of the show- This can plum up BIG TIME. Let me give you an example. Most shows force-eliminate people for inactivity. If you go on a little vacation, you do not tell the creator of that show, you will kicked off that show for being inactive. Vacations are fun, but you have to tell the creator of a show about it.

Don't be unlikable on the forums- This means no fights, no trolling, and no flaming as they will automatically leave a target on your back and if you gone too far, people will be unlikely to bring you back. For example, here was a troll in the forums called Gatorade3 in which we nickname him Gatormort after Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter in which we probably will never allow him into another reality show.

Don't submit a celebrity, or a real-life "veteran" on the show- Do you know how bad of a target that will make you? Let me give you examples (sorry for spoilers)! Jimmy Johnson, a NFL football coach, was on Survivor: Nicaragua! Due to his celebrity status, his tribe went against him, and he became the 2nd person voted out of his tribe. While in some shows you can't control who gets eliminated, this may be acceptable but in others, not so much. And while some people may be able to establish the difference between the real life game and the sim game, you may just want for the "easy route" and eliminate someone just because of their sim.

Don't leave the show on hiatus without leaving a note- You do not how many people will forget about the show. It is like a famous twitter person left twitter without any note. That person will lose a bunch of followers if he or she did that!

Don't be a sore loser- If you lose, don't be a sore loser! There is plenty other reality shows than that reality show. Plus, there is a high chance you can come back.

Don't use competitions based entirely on luck- Make challenges involve some sort of skill other than luck. Otherwise, if you have a competition based on luck, you are practically choosing the winner of the competition.

Don't use "unfair" twists- Some twists can come across slightly unfair. Examples on this would be the couples twist from Big Brother (in which you could just get eliminated just because your partner did something bad); the coaches twist from Big Brother (in which the coaches basically has a few weeks of being immune for no reason), the "Have/Have Not" twist from Survivor (which one tribe has a huge unfair advantage challenge), the "Tyler Perry Idol" twist from Survivor (which basically is a guaranteed spot in the final four)

Don't wait ages for sign-ups to fill. If you do, people who once signed up might lose interest or even simply forget about your shows existence, so they are less active when the show does start off. An alternate idea might be to add a filler character yourself who will be the first boot.

Post edited by Turner on
    edited September 2015
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUDdVasANRcZcfv_pe9TXQHRc2pAtLslzzjaSM9hoHNacxIcnRoQ

AND WE ARE OPEN!!!

Post edited by Turner on
    Turner wrote: »
    CEMETERY!!

...Oh. Awkward. That isn't as exciting as fan art, lol.

So true xD
    Banner.png
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,717 Member
    Hi.... How's all the ghosts in the cemetry? :)
    Hi Alleen! :smiley:

Currently competing in: Abnormality, Romeo and Juliet, High Hopes, Zero Privacy.
    Banner.png
    edited May 2015
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    Hi.... How's all the ghosts in the cemetry? :)

Hey Alleen!

Hahaha. Now you understand what the cemetery post is about. :p
    edited May 2015
    To all reality show hosts:

If you are currently running a reality show, please follow the basic format of what I did with my show, and Haylo or I will add it depending if it's a Sims 3 or Sims 4 show.

You're going to want to find a picture that represents your show. Then under the picture, you can add some links to previous seasons if you wish.

Please also write a short synopsis of your show.
    Post edited by Turner on
  • HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    edited May 2015
    Hi everyone :D I'm Haylo... Welcome to the community :3

Also I'm currently competing in The Mole, Abnormality, Jetset, High Hopes, Sims Clue... And probably more >.<
    Post edited by HayloHusky on
  • x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    edited November 2016
    CURRENT POLL
    vote2-300x300.png

Every month, we will have a new category for a Top 10 Countdown!

This month's poll is the Top Ten Reality Show Sims You'd Want At Your Side In A Zombie Apocalypse.

670?cb=20120805141013

The thing is about a zombie apocalypse is that you never know when one is coming. However, certain sims are able to be more prepared for one than some of us. On a hypothetical situation that they all turn into humans, which sims do you think would be good for a zombie apocalypse?

Go to the nominations here- http://simsrealityshowcountdowns.blogspot.com/2016/11/november-2016.html

You can find the poll up in that link. If you can't find the link, scroll down to the very bottom.
    Post edited by x_MG_x on
    BTW, call me Jake.
    x_MG_x wrote: »
    Hi! My name is Jake. I was gonna post an YouTube meme for when I am gonna introduce myself but I do not exactly want it to be a song and I can't really think of other than one character who's constantly introducing themselves in Mario Kart (which I do not really want to use).

HI I'M DAISY! :star:<3

Daisy is amazing, like, my fav Mario Character! :smiley:
    Banner.png
  • ninjakid150ninjakid150 Posts: 1,219 Member
    edited May 2015
    this forum page look epic :D
    Shows im in: Abnormality Season 4, High Hopes, Romeo and Juliet, Locked, Zero Privacy, Jetset, Sims Clue
    tumblr_inline_njsn9s6ijv1rzuis0_by_ninja_kid150-d9fk4a1.gif
    JETSET by VUL

A group of Sims boards a luxurious cruise, the Jetsetter, which goes on its way to an unknown destination. One of them, however, has a different schedule... What will happen if you turn Maslow's pyramid upside down?
    Banner.png
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,717 Member
    Okay, me myself and I, Alleen, are the host of the gorgeous Romeo & Juliet show... Romeo was the first generation that decided in the first season to choose a wife between 12 girls... Actually he got 2 but we don't talk about that... Then his daughter with Jules, got kidnapped in the second season and he got a rescue party together to look for her... On the end he got shocked surprised when Nicole, one of the girls in the first season was in fact the kidnapper... But it ends well with Juliet marrying one of her rescuers.... Fynn Montgomery.... Then they've got 3 sons and in the third season they decided to run a summer camp where the sons got themselves wives... In the 4th season the 7 cousins decided to go on a expedition with their best buddies.... But it goes horribly wrong... And this season will end on R&J's first anniversary... That's right 4 seasons in 1 year... :smiley:

Castaway of yanyan was the first survivor game that I participated in... And also Reality All Stars, Locked, Abnormality, High hopes, Zero Privacy........
  • x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    edited May 2015
    Just for the record, I may post my upcoming show on here.

COALITION X by Jake

Coalition X is a deniable assets for the government. The people in Coalition X are criminals that steal, kill, and kidnap. These people go on extremely risky missions in exchange for early prison releases. This show is not exactly a reality show but it involves the basic interactiveness of one where you make the main characters and decide what they should do.

Season One (In The Process of Sign-ups)

Sorry if this doesn't really count as a "reality show" but it is more of a Telltale game. I wanted to post this because all I need is just two more sign-ups.
    Post edited by x_MG_x on
    BTW, call me Jake.
    edited May 2015
    Jake, I wouldn't call your game a "reality show", but it certainly is interactive. It's relevant to the thread in that aspect, but I don't think I'll add it since it's not exactly a show. :p

And by upcoming show, do you mean Master of Games?
    edited May 2015
    So far I believe Ninja is setting the record for most reality shows he's competing in. :lol:

That USED to be Haylo, but it looks like Ninja's got him beat ;)
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    Okay, me myself and I, Alleen, are the host of the gorgeous Romeo & Juliet show... Romeo was the first generation that decided in the first season to choose a wife between 12 girls... Actually he got 2 but we don't talk about that... Then his daughter with Jules, got kidnapped in the second season and he got a rescue party together to look for her... On the end he got shocked surprised when Nicole, one of the girls in the first season was in fact the kidnapper... But it ends well with Juliet marrying one of her rescuers.... Fynn Montgomery.... Then they've got 3 sons and in the third season they decided to run a summer camp where the sons got themselves wives... In the 4th season the 7 cousins decided to go on a expedition with their best buddies.... But it goes horribly wrong... And this season will end on R&J's first anniversary... That's right 4 seasons in 1 year... :smiley:

Castaway of yanyan was the first survivor game that I participated in... And also Reality All Stars, Locked, Abnormality, High hopes, Zero Privacy........

Do you want me to add your show to the Sims 3 list?