Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vogel Asylum

CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
A Short Sim Story. This Story Takes Place inside Vogel Asylum 2141hjc.png
(aka Miniature Asylum in the Gallery. http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/57CA4B87AD4811E481F304263ADCF9CC?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Miniature asylum&max=25)
as the title suggests. It follows Ariella Vogel and the Staff and patients of this small informal asylum. To start lets introduce you to ariella and Tell you her story.
cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

Post edited by Charliimai on

Comments

• CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited February 2015
    This is Ariella Vogel she is the owner/Manager and Main caregiver at Vogel Asylum.
    [img][/img]29lcvw6.png

When Ariella's Mother Imani's Mental health stared to deteriorate she rushed home from medical school to take care of her. Her mother had always been a little Very eccentric (which was great for her career as an artist) but when she started forgetting things and people and finding herself half dressed strolling around the local Shopping centre, Park and Library. Ariella knew what she had to do. She moved back home to her mother's incredible large home and became her nurse she continued to train at the local university concentrating her studies on mental health. As an only Child with an absent father she knew all her mother's Net worth and home would be left to her so following a conversation with her mother (on one of her good days) It was decided that they would convert the house into a home for others suffering Mild mental health issues.

Once the work had been carried out Ariella set about hiring staff. She Hired 2 exceptional Caregivers (Mental Health Aides)She also hired a Cleaner, Gardener and basic Security staff.

Staff

Senior Mental Health Aide : Mr Deshawn Kale.
    2rgci7p.png

Mental Health Aide: Miss Tiffany Cortez.
    24necxz.png

Although an informal Asylum a uniform of white top/Dress and blue trousers must be worn during Shift hours.

cSXsPD.jpg

edited February 2015
    upon Opening the House has acquired 4 New patients. The Patient case files follow.

2d94pag.png Ms Imani Vogel

Health Issue: Dementia
    Current Treatment: Medication, Round the clock care
    Doctor: Neurologist Dr Newton miner and Gero-psychologist Dr Joanne Blake
    Referral by: N/A
    Date Admitted: N/A
    DOB:1/2/52
    Other info: Retired Famed Artist, Has improved slightly since referral to Dr Blake, Still requires round the clock care, regular exercise and mental stimulation( Reading, Painting, Word Games Etc. )

1zq31ty.png Mr Bernard Mcdowell.

Health Issue: Alcoholism, Addictive personality Disorder
    Current Treatment: Detox, Group therapy
    Doctor: Dr Piy
    Referral by: Self Referral
    Date Admitted: 26/1/2015
    DOB:10/5/1970
    Other info: Became dependant on alcohol since his pre teens(Always been the life of the party) asked for help due to other related health issues and the realisation that as he gets older his drinking buddies get younger due to old friends settling down and starting families( Moving on from the party lifestyle). No known family.

cSXsPD.jpg

edited February 2015
    40wep.png Miss Miranda Ewing.

Health Issue: Severe Obsessive Compulsive disorder (and in denial )
    Current Treatment: Cognitive behavioural therapy with exposure and response prevention and SSRI Medication
    Doctor: Prof David Bell
    Referral by: Local doctor Dr Kaur
    Date Admitted:26/2/2015
    DOB:
    Other info: Refused hospital treatment as she is in denial and thinks she is only a bit of a clean freak and not harming anyone. Occasional Anxiety noticed during group meetings although she seems to cope well one on one. and noted that she always wear black for reasons unknown and refuses to acknowledge or discuss.

tarp83.png Mrs Paulina Ring.

Health Issue: Comfort Eater and Schizophrenia (hearing voices)
    Current Treatment: Medication and Therapy
    Doctor:
    Referral by: Police and Support Worker
    DOB:
    Other info: Voices tell Paulina to commit crimes (petty crimes at present like shoplifting and vandalism) She is constantly talking to herself which is a little unnerving. Records show she is married but police have been unable to locate her husband (he is well known to the police a local drug addict. )

2ailjyo.png Mr Kody Vang.

Health Issue: Dissociative identity disorder ( Multiple personalities) Also suffering headaches and bouts of amnesia
    Current Treatment: psychotherapy, hypnotherapy and Dialectical behaviour therapy
    Doctor: DR Walter King-Horton
    Referral by: Social Worker and Parents
    Other info: 5 known personalities including Kody. All except kody wear mask or helmet of some sort they usually obscure the face in some way. Kody is rarely available. Personalities are non threatening and very outgoing, with the exception of Kody who is the quiet /unsocial one

cSXsPD.jpg

edited February 2015
    An informal Diary recording the day to day observations/Events and running of the establishment will be kept alongside Each individuals private diary. Individual private diaries are confidential and will not be shown however feel free to browse the informal Diary.
    Which is shown below.

cSXsPD.jpg

edited February 2015
    Diary 2015

26/1/2015

The Asylum officially Opened today. We had 4 new guests Arrive. ( I hate calling them patients just feels so Clinical)
    once everyone had arrived we had our first formal House meeting in the dining room, just introductions, House rules/ tour and sort medication Arrangements, All essential staff was in attendance. Non essential staff (cleaner, Security Etc.) introductions will be split over the week as I don't want to overwhelm the guests. Minutes as well as house rules will be posted on the notice board.
    All guest retired to their rooms after the meeting to unpack, They also attended meetings with their doctors and the pharmacist that will be visiting the house every 3rd day of the week to administer/Replenish medication..We had a light dinner of chicken salad prepared by Deshawn( also a trained chef). No events today, All guest were in bed by 7:30pm. Meeting went well. See Minutes below

2hhndib.png

2r58aqc.png

b81ow8.jpg2ii7p88.png2lw0t28.png

cSXsPD.jpg

edited February 2015
    Diary 2015

27/1/2015

Our second day another uneventful Morning, I'm happy to say guests were all up bright an early. considering their early night It's really not a big surprise. A Simple Breakfast of toast and cereal was the order of the day, Prepared by me (As it's Deshawn's morning off ). The residents seem to be getting on very well together. They've either been deep in conversation or dancing away together it's great. Medication and therapy has all gone without a hitch today even using the van for the first time to take Bernard to his group therapy at the centre.
    2dj31ps.png105z811.png

Guests went to bed much later tonight, But all in good spirits.
    cSXsPD.jpg

edited February 2015
    Diary 2015

28/1/15
    Well what a difference a day makes. Paulina has spent the day picking fights with the other residents, She seems to have taken a particular dislike to Miranda and has verbally and even physically attacked her. I have had to confine Paulina to her room for the majority of the afternoon. Miranda has retreated to her room and is displaying repetitive obsessive behaviour she is constantly hand washing and refuses to take part in any activity although she occasionally comes out to look before returning to her hand washing. Mum Imani is in her element giving art classes In the garden and before Paulina's 3rd attack on Miranda she was enjoying the gardening activity. ( Although she was happier eating the plants than planting them (good thing they were Herbs).
    2ed6tle.pngdd2h07.png35ciz49.png34ds85l.png
    cSXsPD.jpg

edited February 2015
    More pictures.
    2vngmdj.pngswtz85.pngkan37.pngmsj4tc.png
    cSXsPD.jpg

edited February 2015
    28/1/15 cont... I had to have a meeting with all the ladies involved in today's Events, To try to determine the issue and also prevent it happening again. I have contacted Paulina's doctor for a review of her medication maybe the dose is too low as no one involved can give me any reason as to why this behaviour is happening. Also I have had a meeting with my staff Tiffany is to be sent to an Anger management course and on dispute training as she failed to act during the incident. she has been given a formal warning. She has been observed and she is clearly not doing her duties correctly.
    Deshawn has been praised for his handling of the incident as he defused the situation and separated the ladies.

2ni0268.png2zfk2yq.png1z1r8cl.pngxpd1sz.png9qbgvc.png
    cSXsPD.jpg

edited February 2015
    Diary 2015

29/1/2015

On returning this morning I was informed that Miranda was missing She had not come down for breakfast and on checking her room found it empty and the bed made. I have been trying her contacts to see if she had returned home and also contacted the police as she is an at risk person.
    Aside from the Missing person Home life has continued as normal. The outdoor Activities are being enjoyed and Even the card table is in use. All medications have been administered and there are no Therapies taking place today. Dinner was a lovely roast courtesy of our in house chef Deshawn which everyone enjoyed and had seconds some even had thirds.
    No joy on the Miranda front, Hopefully the police will have some info tomorrow. obviously yesterdays incidents hit her harder than I had realised.
    wrx7rl.png2urbhfr.pngjace8h.png
    cSXsPD.jpg

edited February 2015
    Diary 2015

30/1/2015

We Shall be closing following the Police interviews today. I guess we made history not even open a whole week.
    The Patients have all been found places in other facilities out of town.
    Miranda's Missing person case became a murder investigation. I'm Shocked and sick to my stomach just thinking about it. How could this happen right here under our own noses. It's my fault poor Miranda. Her belongings were found partially buried in the flowerbeds and the rest buried in the gardening activity plant pots. It seems Paulina meds were definitely not strong enough.
    The truth finally came to light when I found Paulina in the kitchen taking meat out of the fridge last night. We sent her to bed but found her a little later in the dining room finishing off her meal. She smiled rubbed her stomach and stated to talk to herself. "Miranda was such a good girl hahaha, She even tasted good" " Made me a good meal that's for sure! Hehe" I came to the office and called the police then returned to Paulina to confirm my suspicions, When I asked her if she had Killed and eaten Miranda she just smirked and replied She made a delicious Roast don't you agree!!
    The look on Deshawn's face said it all. I threw up. He had come into work thinking we'd just had too huge a delivery of meat he wasn't sure what kind of meat it was ("It Looked like wild Boar") so cooked us all a roast before it spoilt.
    Our Last meal together and we were eating one of the patient's even unknowingly. It's unacceptable, An atrocity.
    Paulina is going to a prison hospital (secure unit) and I am getting as far away from this place as possible.
    If you decide to Reopen the doors, I wish you all the luck in the world.

Beware the Evil lurking behind the Asylum front door.

rs5ybr.png2laajp0.png2611e0p.png6jqb9w.png2usylbr.png25s7r74.png
    cSXsPD.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to read this story. It was my first and a bit rushed (Next one will be better I hope!)
    :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    cSXsPD.jpg

edited May 2015
    ;) Read the challenge that follows this story at: https://vogellegacy.wordpress.com/
    cSXsPD.jpg

edited February 2015
    I have started My first Legacy. feel free to have a peek!
    https://vogellegacy.wordpress.com/
    Its the continuation of this Short story. (Only less rushed :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)
    Hope you like it :blush:
    cSXsPD.jpg

edited January 2019
    Removed as vote is over and legacy story is now complete. Thank you for reading!!
    :)
    cSXsPD.jpg