Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR #16 - THE SIBLINGS

@kezflake

Lovely cottage with a very cute front porch using columns. Great choice of windows and doors to reflect the style. The plants you have used really compliment the build, giving colour and interest. Good use of terrain paint to create a lovely front path and stepping stones to the rear patio area. Excellent interior layout with all rooms easily accessible from the main hall and upstairs landing. The living room looks gorgeous and cosy with the lovely fireplace against a stone wall. Wonderful idea to add the children's activity desk in the kitchen to keep Evangeline amused while Henry cooks! The stone and wood flooring you have used really add to the cottage feel. Love how you've placed the animals sitting around the mat in the baby room.

Suggestions: There seems to be a lot of outdoor space not used. I would have maybe kept the build on one floor and made it bigger to use up more of this space or landscaped more efficiently by enlarging rocks and plants to fill in the space.

@Issabella14

Wow, what a stunning design! The stone and brick wall textures are perfect for this mythical theme and the roof structures are spot on. Great choice of windows giving the cottage a magical look. Very nice landscaping using rocks and plants, I really like the tree feature at the front using terrain paint to create the circular pathway. The rear porch looks lovely and peaceful, perfect for a game of chess! Really good interior design with good choice of wood and brick wall textures complimenting the stone, wood and tiled flooring. This looks modern and stylish, yet rustic at the same time. I particularly like how you've designed the attic for Henry's woodworking, with stairs leading from his bedroom.

Suggestions: The green bathroom looks a little too modern for a cottage to me. I would have taken the brick/wood wall textures into this room to make it more in line with the rest of the cottage. Also, make sure you add the Gallery link to your entry form.

@VanillaChai

'Lovely Cottage' is very true to it's name, everything about this build is so adorable. Great architectural design with perfect rooflines. Wonderful choice and placement of windows and lovely stone wall texture used externally. Beautiful landscaping with the flower beds using cottage style plants and rocks and a very nice winding pathway using terrain paint. The firepit area under the gnarled tree at the front and the garden planters at the rear are great features. The open plan layout you have designed creates space internally with each area defined. The whole cottage looks cosy and homely with the stone, panelling and brickwork wall coverings, the hand-crafted items and statues and your choice and placement of furnishings. Evangeline's room is very cute and pretty in pink, I really like the bunnies hopping over the dresser!

Suggestions: I cannot find any way to improve your build, it is perfect inside and out in my opinion. All I can suggest is you title your pictures, this will add points to your presentation.

Room Challenge: Henry's room is in keeping with the cottage theme with your chosen decoration and flooring. Lovely chunky woody furniture add to the masculine look. The picture above the bed, as well as the bed covering, give the room colour and life. Love how you've fitted the chalkboard into the beams behind the woodworking bench, very creative idea!

@folala

A very pretty appearance to your cottage with the winding path and beautiful plants. The window boxes and shutters, together with the great combination of exterior textures, all add to enhance this lovely image. Fantastic idea to create a playhouse in the rear garden for Evangeline, she will love playing with the teaset! The interior decoration is very lovely using soft tones on the walls and the layout resembles that of a cottage really well. I love how you've designed the woodworking room using the debug items, pictures on the walls and the wooden sculptures. Excellent idea to have music to play while working in there. The living room looks very cosy with the fireplace and you have really thought about Evangeline here by providing the activity table, toy box and pink chair for her.

Suggestions: The interior colour scheme is very pretty, though I think a little too pink for a young man, particularly in his bedroom. I would have substituted the pink for the soft yellow that is shown in other rooms. Also, it would be good if you provide a link to the Gallery on your entry form.

@Nhicks

What a beautiful name for a cottage, it really is very appropriate for this family! Really like the structural design of this home and the front covered porch, though I would have stepped the column in under the roof slightly. Lovely exterior textures of stone and panelling, together with a great choice of windows and doors, really enhance this cottage style. Great use of the terrain paint creating stepping stones and a patio area. Amazing pond at the back! Good to see you've placed plants and rocks around this and painted it to look earthy. Great layout inside, the only suggestion here would have been to maybe add a door from the main bedroom to the half bathroom, though I see space is an issue here so not really possible. Evangeline's room is stunning, the green colour scheme and objects chosen make it look very nature-like, as if it were woodland. Love the sunny yellow and stone wall coverings in the main areas, this really adds warmth and happiness to the home. Very clever to use debug items, they look perfect here, at the same time saving on budget.

Suggestions: The planting area next to the front patio looks strange 'edged off' from the rest of the environment. Make sure the build/lot blends in with it's neighbouring property or what's next to it. Also, we would like to see an overhead shot of the whole site, together with overheads of whole floor plans.

@Lisa17Ann

Very pretty cottage with wall textures of wood and stone that really compliment each other. Great choice and placement of windows and doors adding lots of interest to the exterior of this home, as do the spandrels, columns and window boxes. Excellent work with the roofing, the structures you have designed really work well together and I love the swooping part over the front porch. The trees and plants used really reflect the cottage style, though I would have liked to have seen more at the rear, perhaps more of a 'garden'. The interior layout works really well, the only suggestion here would be to have a door leading from the hall direct to the kitchen. Lovely furnishings and decoration used, Evangeline's room is very beautiful. Great kitchen and I really like the 'built-in' shower.

Suggestions: Your presentation is very well organised and flowing. However, this would be improved if you titled your pictures. As we judge from your pictures it would also be good to take a couple of shots of each room so we can see them from different angles.

@gmcrozier

A very pretty cottage that speaks of peace and tranquility, very calming and serene looking. The flower beds look gorgeous and you have used good 'cottage' plants. The plant pots and bench on the front porch really add to the harmony of this cottage. Great choice and placement of windows, with window box, enhances the appearance. Good use of terrain paint to create the path leading from front to side to rear, ending with a lovely patio. You have designed the open plan area very well, with the different areas defined and flowing. Gorgeous colour scheme for a cottage and excellent placement of furnishings and objects. Good to see you created the woodworking room leading from the main bedroom, well away from Evangeline. Very wise to use debug items to 'fill' spaces and save on budget.

Suggestions: To me this cottage looks a little 'Victorian' with the siding, wrap around porch, spandrels and roof design. I would have changed the shape of the roof a little and used some stone/wood on the exterior walls.

@Liziann1

Sunflower Cottage is a very appropriate name for this charming home with the giant sunflowers as a welcome. Very pretty front with the cottage style plants and lantern at the door. Good to see you've used the terrain paint to create a drive and path, though the path just stops abruptly at the right and doesn't seem to lead anywhere. Good choice and placement of windows and doors, the red colour really 'lifts' the exterior. The rear of the property looks gorgeous with the bbq patio, monkey bars and planter, lots of lovely activity here. Your interior design works really well with all rooms easily accessible and the open plan concept gives the main room much space. The living area looks very cosy with the fireplace and the kitchen is very well designed with lots of cupboards for storage. All rooms are very beautifully decorated, especially Evangeline's room with all the wall pictures and friezes.

Suggestions: Make sure you always provide the Gallery link to your build on the entry form. Also, we do like to see an overhead shot of the whole site with roof up, as well as shots of all sides of the build. This will improve your presentation.

@ToxicBlue

Gorgeous cottage with good choice of wall and roof textures. Fabulous landscaping using cottage style plants, terrain paint and fencing, all complemented by the window boxes and bench at the front. Great patio area at the rear to relax and unwind, as well as planters for gardening activity. The open plan interior layout works very well with all rooms accessible. Great idea to have the woodworking room adjoined to the main bedroom, well away from Evangeline's reach. The whole cottage looks very warm, cosy and homely. Really like how you've 'built in' the shower, looks very effective. Evangeline's room is very beautifully decorated and furnished and the main bedroom is very masculine looking.

Suggestions: As we only judge on the media that you provide I would suggest you upload your pics to a website such as photobucket or flickr. At least two shots of each room from a different angle is advisable. It would also be good to see pics of all sides of a build and an overhead shot of the full site. Presentation is a very important part of every challenge.

@countrykris1play

Edelweiss is a lovely looking A-Frame Tudor style cottage. The exterior wall finishes you have chosen really reflect this style, together with the window boxes. However, I think it would have looked better if you'd stuck to the panelling on the first floor, particularly at the front, as the section of stone looks a little out of place to me. Great choice of terrain paints on those gorgeous winding pathways bordered with plants and a wonderful relaxing patio with bbq at the rear. The open plan layout inside is very spacious which will enable good gameplay and the different areas flow well into each other. I love how you've highlighted the fireplace with the stone wall surrounded by columns, this looks very effective. My suggestion in this area would be to add curtains for a more cottage-like appearance and will also add more colour into the room. Beautiful colour scheme in the master bedroom, you've slotted the woodworking bench in the window nook very nicely, well away from little Evangeline.

Suggestions: To improve your presentation I suggest you title your pictures as this is expected for Established level. Also, pay more attention to landscaping, most cottages are renowned for their gardens.

The winner of this challenge is ....

@VanillaChai

Second place goes to ....

@gmcrozier

And third place is awarded to ....

@Issabella14

The winner of room challenge is ....

@VanillaChai

GArBA5W.jpg
  • NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Thank you so much @BuildnShare and Congrats to all the winners! Everyone did an amazing job!!!!
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Congrats to the winners and @Issabella14 (wow) so proud of you <3
  • countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    Thank you for the suggestions.

One thing I have to say is, if we are expected to do more landscape and curtain's give a higher budget. Also I never had to title my pictures before. I don't see a point to doing so. It also takes a loot of time and they don't show when watching slide show. So why bother.

Congrats to the winers.
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Congrats to all the winners! Well done :)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited April 2015
    Thanks @BuildnShare for my placing, must have been a tough one to judge. I agree with the bathroom and will link gallery as suggested. Congrats to @VanillaChai and @gmcrozier for the win and second place. Thanks my friend @Zita1966z <3 and thanks @countrykris1pay and @lisa17ann. :)
  • VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    Oh wow. Thank you for the wonderful review, @BuildnShare and for the kind words from everyone. With the fantastic entries this round, I'm honestly speechless. Congrats @gmcrozier and @Issabella14 as well!
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Thank you for the suggestions.

One thing I have to say is, if we are expected to do more landscape and curtain's give a higher budget. Also I never had to title my pictures before. I don't see a point to doing so. It also takes a loot of time and they don't show when watching slide show. So why bother.

Congrats to the winers.

@countrykris1play - We understand that including landscaping and extras with a tight budget can be difficult. However, this is a building challenge, the whole idea is to help you grow as a builder. Don't forget about buydebug items, they can be a lifesaver for adding clutter at very little cost ;)

As for adding titles to your pictures, this does make it easier for the judges, as sometimes it can be difficult to ascertain which rooms are which, by images alone. When I judge, personally, I always stop the slideshow and look through the pictures in the library, as this means that we have time to take a look at each picture individually and to see how it fits in with the rest of the build.
    Your entry was great and we look forward to seeing how you grow as a member of BuildnShare.

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    And congrats to everyone, all your builds were epic!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    Grats guys! All the builds were so good - seriously, all of them! Glad I'm not a judge. I've put a bunch of these homes in my game already! Love them so much.
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • ToxicBlueToxicBlue Posts: 66 Member
    Congrats to the winners and thank you for the feedback! Everyone did a great job!! :)
    Untitled%202_zps45hg4xod.png
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    Congrats to all of the winners! The houses were amazing!
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #17 - A GRAND PLACE OF LEARNING

@Liziann1

A very impressive appearance which indeed looks very grand! The statue in Doug's honour is a fabulous feature, as are the water fountains around the building. Excellent choice and placement of doors and windows, the latter highlighted by the beautiful window boxes. Really like your colourful plants surrounded by pebbles, looks very well kept. The rear balcony looks gorgeous both day and night views and the roof garden is a super idea. I can almost smell the antiquity of the interior with the wooden panels and bookshelves, yet there is a touch of modernity here and there. The kids area looks very cheery with lots to keep the youngsters amused and entertained. Great open plan layout on the first floor providing a very spacious main area. The computer nooks are a wonderful design here in keeping with the open concept but also providing privacy.

Suggestions: I feel the ground floor layout would have benefited from more room divisions. Reception is a busy place and to have the kids area next to this may be a little too busy. With all this activity next to the main area for reading I think would be difficult to concentrate. So, I would suggest separating these three areas either with wall divisions or as individual rooms.

Doug's Comments: I just love the relaxed atmosphere you have managed to create in your library.

@Zita1966z

Wow, this really is a stunning architectural design with great shapes adding lots of interest to the exterior. A very welcoming entrance with the statue of the founder surrounded by fountains, visitors will love reading on the nearby benches. Even the trees are well designed here, moo'd very nicely with the planters! The open plan design on the ground floor works really well providing space where needed as you have certainly packed a lot in! The Reception is situated perfectly in the centre with the stairs behind, which together provide great division of the different areas. Fantastic idea to devote the whole first floor to the kids as this area could get very noisy!

Suggestions: I would have added a few flowers among all the greenery at the front to add more colour and interest to all the greenery. Regarding the presentation, we like to see an overhead shot with the roof up and pics of all sides and rear view.

Doug's Comments: Wow, totally blown away with the modern architecture of your library!

@VanillaChai

Your library looks mighty grand with the steps leading to the front entrance and with the glass columns containing fountains, very impressive indeed! Wonderful roof structure for a library and great choice and placement of windows and doors, adding to the elegance of this build, as do the trees either side. Gorgeous planted borders bring colour and softness to the strong architecture. Excellent interior layout of the whole building which will enable good gameplay. The Reception area looks lovely and peaceful with the seats around the aromatic plants and the computer areas nearby. Great wall textures used in this area. The cafe looks very neat and spacious, excellent idea to take the dining to the patio outside. The layout of the first floor is good and spacious. The kids area is well designed with lots to keep the little ones amused and entertained.

Suggestions: The walls on the first floor in my opinion would have benefited from a few posters/pics/wall decorations and I would have added more seats in the main library area. Also, adding titles to your pics would improve your presentation.

Doug's Comments: Just loving the book end sections of roofing! And a café, everything I asked for and more.

@Lisa17ann

What a spectacular and very grand appearance to your magnificent library, your creativity really shines here! The wonderful feature of the dogs on the planters and the fountains add elegance and class to the appearance. Great roof structure, this really is an open book! The covered outdoor garden at the rear provides shelter to this beautifully planted space making it perfect for quiet reading or playing chess among the greenery. Lovely interior design, the bookshelves make perfect dividers for the computer nooks. Gorgeous children's room with the giraffes standing guard and the entrance!

Suggestions: I think a reception/information desk at the front entrance would have been a good addition to the build, as well as more wall decorations/pictures, etc to add more colour and interest. Regarding your presentation there are a few things I would like to suggest. As we judge primarily on the pictures you present, include a few shots of every room so we get to see the full area. Make sure you organise the pictures well, giving a full tour of the build. Title your pictures, this is expected at this level.

Doug's Comments: That roof! Wow, what more can I say? Such a lush atrium as well, colour me impressed.

@Issabella14

What a magnificent design, very original with great creativity and imagination shown, Doug will certainly feel at home here! Very impressive front with the fountains and steps leading into the library. Your landscaping is spot on for this style of build with appropriate plants and trees and you have made use of all available space. Fabulous night time view when lit up. The layout of the build is very good and I like how it starts at the top and works down to the basement. The research areas have a real antiquated feel to them with the type of furnishings you have chosen, together with all the artefacts. Great touch adding the beverage machines! The library downstairs is very well stocked with bookshelves and you have covered the walls perfectly. The reception fits in splendidly here. Amazing basement with the 'Children's Garden of Knowledge', this is a truly magical area. Lots to do and explore in these fairytale gardens, you really have thought of everything!

Suggestions: Really struggling here! The only thing I would suggest is you soften the terrain paint in places, ie around the main pyramid, to blend in more with the surrounding area.

Doug's Comments: Wait, didn’t I just come back from Egypt? Very, very cool architecture! Such a cool kids area as well, wish this had been around when I was a little’un.

@folala

The Third Tower of Wisdom is an extremely magnificent structure, very creative and such an original design. The lighthouse really tops it all off, excellent how you've moo'd and enlarged the lantern there and I love the lightkeepers guarding and watching over the building! The views from here will be fantastic. Great choice of wall textures used, as well as windows and their placement. Wonderful entrance with the fountains and steps to the library. Really like the walled garden surrounding the build with all the greenery. Splendid reception and reference section with walls well decorated. Love how you've moo'd the seats around the table providing a great seated area and the corner reading nooks are perfect for peace and privacy. Great ideea to create a librarians office, though the room looks like it could do with a little more colour and maybe extra wall decorations. The protected bookstore is another great addition to the build and looks very antiquated. Fantastic moo in the baby changing area, love it! You have put lots of effort into the kids zone and provided so much to do and explore. This area has a fabulous underwater feel with the turquoise tiles, curved dividers, treasure chest by the castle, sea shells and of course the gnome.

Suggestions: In the librarians office I noticed a hole in the ceiling, make sure you angle the camera so as not to show this! The outside space at the rear looks a little lonely, maybe a children's play area with monkey bars, picnic benches or even a juice bar could have been added here.

Doug's Comments: Well colour me impressed! Loving the tower architecture and the protected book room, great idea.

@gmcrozier

Splendid architectural design in true Georgian style gives this library a very majestic appearance. The grand plaza at the front is the first point of welcome and a great place to relax and watch the world go by. The trees moo'd with the plants and surrounded by fence are great features here and the garden with fountains behind the low wall looks almost sunken, very impressive! The steps and various balconies at the front add lots of interest to the build, as do the different wall textures. Great open plan layout to the library, this will enable good gameplay. Reception is situated in a good place near the entrance, wonderful idea to use fencing to create privacy dividers for the work stations, see these areas get filled up really quickly! Well designed research area on the top floor with doors leading out to the balcony and chess tables. Love the ground floor which is mainly devoted to children. The decor and use of colour gives a very cheery and happy appearance, the kids will love all the things they can do and play with on this floor and there's even a periodical section with comfy seats for the adults to relax.

Suggestions: The facade of the library is perfect, absolutely beautiful. However, there seem way too many windows all the same on the side and rear elevations. I would suggest either using smaller windows if kept all the same or breaking the look up by using different yet similar ones.

Doug's Comments: Absolutely loving the classical architecture, and the outstanding detail you got even on the interior of the library.

@benlow11

Very beautiful facade to your library, your great choice and placement of glazing, the columns and the roof structure all combine to give a very grandiose and elegant appearance. Wonderful shape to your build using a lovely combination of wall textures. The plants and fountains add colour and symmetry. Excellent layout of the rear with paths leading to the monkey bars, seating and beautiful fountains. The first floor porch and second floor balcony are perfect for chess or relaxing. The interior open plan layout is very well designed and spacious, enabling good gameplay. Your choice of decoration and furnishings is excellent, I really love the pops of orange which brighten the whole build enormously. Your reference sections provide many bookcases, seating areas and desks. Love how you've designed the booths on the second floor for private study! I totally adore the children's section, it's so bright, colourful and cheery looking.

Suggestions: The wall friezes of the dinosaurs and clouds in the gorgeous children's area somehow don't quite look rightly placed to me. I would have either moved them down under the wallpaper border or used a plain painted texture to put them on instead.

Doug's Comments: Loving the modern interior of this Cape Cod style library.

@kezflake

Your library is such a mighty impressive building, it certainly has an air of grandeur! Great architectural style with the wall columns and wonderful choice of exterior textures and colours. This is all emphasised by your green landscaping, kept minimal, to enhance the building. The rear balcony looks a gorgeous place to sit or enjoy chess. The interior layout works really well with lots of different areas defined. Absolutely love the kids area in the basement, it is like a fairytale, woodland glade, very magical looking. The tree stump seats, plants and animals hiding around the area add to the enchantment. The classroom down here is a fabulous idea, though the walls would have benefited from a few wall decorations or pictures. Great computer suite with nice bright wall finishes. The two reference sections are well stocked with lots of bookshelves, filing cabinets and seating.

Suggestions: Some of your pics look a little dark, use the debug lights, which are free, to brighten these rooms when taking your shots.

Doug's Comments: Absolutely loving the classical architecture, and the outstanding detail you got even on the interior of the library.

The winner of this challenge is ....

@Issabella14

With second place going to ....

@ benlow11

And third place ....

@folala

GArBA5W.jpg
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited May 2015
    congrats @Issabella14 a very well deserved win.

congrats @benlow11 and @folala for 2nd and 3rd

@BuildnShare thank you for the feed back.
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    I would of picked you for first @Issabella14 so I'm so glad you've got first place! Well done! And, a very well deserved 2nd and 3rd place @benlow11 and @folala :) thanks for the feedback @BuildnShare! I've already taken your advice about more labeled photos in my most recent entry ;)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    @Issabella14 Hoot Hoot girl you won! Well deserved and congrats I'm so happy 4 u! <3 Well done and congrats to the runner-ups.
    Woot Woot, just got onto the forum, I can't believe it. Thanks @BuildnShare for the great review and win. Congratulations to @benlow11 and @folala for your placements, which was well deserved. Thanks @gmcrozier, @lisa17ann and @Zita1966z for all your kind comments. *little victory dance* :)<3:)
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Congrats to all! (I knew @Issabella14 would take it with that CRAZY good pyramid!) All were spectacular. Glad I didn't have to judge. ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • benlow11benlow11 Posts: 83 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare for 2nd place and the feedback! And Congratulations @Issabella14 on your 1st place and @folala on your 3rd place, great job everyone. :)
    Thank you @pammiechick and @benlow11 :)
    edited May 2015
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #17 - A GRAND PLACE OF LEARNING

@pammiechick

A very grand set of stairs leading to the entrance of this most impressive building, a lovely modern design using strong wall colours and textures. The mighty llama at the front is a magnificent feature and the fountains, plants and trees provide elegance. The interior layout is very spacious which will enable good gameplay. The reception looks peaceful and comfortable, great touch adding Doug's pic and plaque by the door! The reference section downstairs is very well stocked with bookshelves and seating areas, really like how you've designed the wall dividers to create a further reading area. Your washrooms have a wonderful tropical feel to them with your chosen wall textures, plants and pictures. The modern computer area is beautifully decorated with plenty of desks and even a snack area. Love how you've decorated the kids area, the clouds look like they're on a blue sky. Again, this is very well furnished, bright and colourful.

Suggestions: A very beautiful build which is quite faultless, but please could you add the Gallery link to your entry forms in future. Regarding the presentation, it would be good if you could title your pics in your slideshow as presentation is judged also.

Doug's Comments: What an outstandingly modern library, I have to admit, I was hoping for something a little more traditional, but this may just have changed my mind.

And the Winner of this challenge is ....

@pammiechick
    GArBA5W.jpg
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #17 - A GRAND PLACE OF LEARNING

@pammiechick

A very grand set of stairs leading to the entrance of this most impressive building, a lovely modern design using strong wall colours and textures. The mighty llama at the front is a magnificent feature and the fountains, plants and trees provide elegance. The interior layout is very spacious which will enable good gameplay. The reception looks peaceful and comfortable, great touch adding Doug's pic and plaque by the door! The reference section downstairs is very well stocked with bookshelves and seating areas, really like how you've designed the wall dividers to create a further reading area. Your washrooms have a wonderful tropical feel to them with your chosen wall textures, plants and pictures. The modern computer area is beautifully decorated with plenty of desks and even a snack area. Love how you've decorated the kids area, the clouds look like they're on a blue sky. Again, this is very well furnished, bright and colourful.

Suggestions: A very beautiful build which is quite faultless, but please could you add the Gallery link to your entry forms in future. Regarding the presentation, it would be good if you could title your pics in your slideshow as presentation is judged also.

Doug's Comments: What an outstandingly modern library, I have to admit, I was hoping for something a little more traditional, but this may just have changed my mind.

And the Winner of this challenge is ....

@pammiechick

Because I use CC, it won't show up on the gallery website link. In order to find my builds with cc, you'll need to hit the #buildnshare17 or whatever number it is and make sure you hit the cc button to the left to see cc. Then you can find it. Sorry about that. I will for my next build since it doesn't have cc.

I'm very glad I changed Doug's mind on a modern design! ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    thanks very much @gmcrozier @lisa17ann @benlow11 & @Issabella14 . & @BuildnShare for the feedback/placement! Congrats & well deserved Issabella14 & benlow11 & @pammiechick
    folala wrote: »
    thanks very much @gmcrozier @lisa17ann @benlow11 & @Issabella14 . & @BuildnShare for the feedback/placement! Congrats & well deserved Issabella14 & benlow11 & @pammiechick

Thanks, @folala ! And congrats on your placement! I would not have fared so well in that category. Ha! ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Congrats @pammiechick, this is what builders are made of, well done <3:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top