Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2

Comments

• BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited May 2015
    Im kind of playing it, its fun but then the loading screens tend to take me out of the game play at times. The needs go down a bit to fast in the game as well. But i have a current save, trying to make my sim know some cuties and start a business. Im mostly a sim 3 player though.
    giphy.gif

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I love The Sims 2, love it even more since I got a new computer and i got the the ultimate collection!

I love the sims 3 as well but it's my least favorite of the series. I do enjoy it, just prefer The Sims 2 and 4.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Putting away TS4 has opened my eyes to the wonderfulness of 2 and 3. :) And OP I have a thread open in memory lane that some of us post screenshots in, I'm on my phone so I can't post links but it's called, "I Owe The Sims 2 An Apology". :)
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    I thought after playing TS3 that I would never be able to go back to TS2...until TS4 proved me wrong! LOL

I started playing it as a self-imposed "bootcamp" to get myself reacquainted with playing a game with no CASt, SP, Open World (pick your feature) but soon found myself enjoying it just for itself. I find it funny that I prefer the two older games over the new one. In my case, newer doesn't always mean better.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited May 2015
    take0nme wrote: »
    I decided to re-download it again and I'm enjoying it more than ever. Of course having a complete collection is very nice but having the pets..all the life stages.. I haven't even felt the need to put in mods/cc.. there's so much to do in the sims 2 I haven't even paid mind. I'm sure i'll dive into that section later but I just have to say...

I really love the sims 2 and playing it now makes me realize how much I missed it. ♥♥

Anyone else still playing this series?

Do you really get a complete game ? Even The Sims 2 Store content ?

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2015
    I started with 3. Got 2 after a few years, and I just couldn't get into it. Now that I've played 4 for a bit, 2 makes more sense. I love the open worlds of 3, but I hate that I have to add certain lots (LN bars) every time I start a new game. Having sub-neighborhoods is awesome in 2 and 4. I'm really excited to see how 4 grows.

I just got my computer back from the shop after 3 weeks, 2 year old daughter spilled apple juice on it, and tomorrow is my birthday. Thinking a full day of Simming!! Now to choose 2, 3, or 4!?!

Sims 4 does not have Sub neighborhoods, just Sims 2 does. Sims 4's neighborhood is just like Sims 1 - with little pockets scattered all over the one and only map. Sub hoods are entire new hoods like Blue Water, downtown, etc that you can add to every world as well as substitute their maps for drop in maps to add even more subhoods to a world in Sims 2. Sims 2 worlds have no limit that I have found and also no Sims culling at all. But you assign each subhood you want to add to each world in Sims 2, even add duplicates of downtown and blue water then change their map with one of the plug in empty maps and build your own sub worlds to play - give them a different name or even use Sims City 4 and make your own map templates to add as subworlds to make the towns of sim 2 huge, huge, huge. Sims 4 has nothing remotely like that but it is very much like sims 1 - although Sims 4 has no roads connecting the world pockets like Sims 1 did and you can't add your own residential pocket using code to sims 4 either like we could in Sims 1. Sims 4 is just plain dinky.

I am presently playing Sims 2 myself and enjoying all the toddlers, tons of sims with no culling, good family trees, real legacy challenges - like the alphabet legacy, the 7 toddler challenge. all in the no cheat no mod Sims 2 legacy point system by Pinstar.

My household with the 7 toddlers finally aged to child this week and I had a great time taking them all clothes shopping for school clothes. I loved my sims being able to try on clothes again and come out and get moms approval before they could buy them - and just like us have to have enough money to pay for everything. From there my family took and drove their car out to the local restaurant to eat dinner together - it was nice have waiters wait on your sims, deliver the food made by chefs, and finally they went grocery shopping together at the local market where the kids of course acted like kids running up and down the aisles while mom is trying very hard to fill her grocery cart and check out. It was fun as it was the first time in a long time I was able to feel a real kinship to my sims as they were just like us in Sims 2. I also like when they need to go pee I don't have to tell them - they automatically run for the bathroom on their own and do their thing - the same with baths when they are dirty. Even the kids go off on their own and take a bath. Sims 2 play puts all others to shame when you realize all the different things you can do in Sims 2 that cannot be done anywhere in any other game - exactly like real people do. Today I am going to try and bribe the headmaster of the private school into at least getting a couple of the 7 into private school. That is always fun when you have 7 kids all the same age running around, a dog, and only 1 parent.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    Yeah I still play, to me it has the best Sim interactions of all the Sim series.
  • HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    I went back to TS2 again maybe half a year before 4 came out. I had uninstalled TS3 because I just couldn't bring myself to even try playing it anymore, but still needed my Sims “fix". I was kind of mad at myself because I had lost my TS2 base game years ago and had to rebuy it, only to have EA release the ultimate collection for free a little while later. It was only $20 tops, but still.

Now that TS4 is out, I have a hard time going back to 2 for longer than a couple hours every other month or so. The barren landscape is so depressing to me versus 4's lush and alive environments. Plus I find a lot of the UI and functionality a little clunky by comparison. That, and it's hard to create Sims and houses that I like because all of the decor and CAS assets are super outdated and ugly to me. If I liked CC that problem would be very easily solved, but I've never seen a piece of CC that appealed to me.
  • KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I'm playing Sims 2 and 4. I like 3, but even with a new, high-end gaming computer, Sims 3 still has issues with some of the expansions, like Island Paradiso and it bothers me too much to play.

Sims 2 is my favorite, though it could use some updating. The one thing I didn't like about it is the having friends requirement for job promotions. But at least all the household friends count there. But I love shopping for clothes, going to restaurants, the cutscenes, and so much more. Sims 3 and 4 don't have a lot of those.

EA needs to sit down and come up with a new Sims 2 while blending the most popular features from the other games.
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    Hawkgirl wrote: »
    Darkling wrote: »
    I thought after playing TS3 that I would never be able to go back to TS2...until TS4 proved me wrong! LOL

I started playing it as a self-imposed "bootcamp" to get myself reacquainted with playing a game with no CASt, SP, Open World (pick your feature) but soon found myself enjoying it just for itself. I find it funny that I prefer the two older games over the new one. In my case, newer doesn't always mean better.

I hear you. That's because the sims 2 game play makes up for the lack of features whereas sims 4 game play does not.

Yup. I keep hearing about the gameplay and the new and improved sims but I'm struggling to see it. When I look at the bunch of goofballs in my game that break out into dance for no apparent reason or drop and give me twenty push-ups every time I turn around, I keep wondering "Where are my smarter sims?" One thing they do excel at is talking. Man, can they talk. And talk and talk and talk...and talk. If talking equated gameplay, TS4 would be the game of the century. :|
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I want to play 2 again in the future sometime. I loved that series and spent sooo much time playing it for years. I tried to install it again on my anticipatory wait for Sims 4 so I could get a Sims fix, but it wouldn't play without an error popping up with this newer version of windows.
    I also knew I'd end up cheating my sims green, like I always did before.

I didn't like how my sim couldn't make it to bedtime on a normal day without needing coffee or a nap, then coffee sent their bladder down too much, so I preferred to let them nap and just lose that time. I didn't like that want spinner, because it got stuck on something you couldn't do that day like sneak out or talk to a neighbor that was at work. I had no options but to wait till the next day for it to reset unless you had some mod or cheated it. There was always some big event I had pinned also like my child getting an "A" or having a baby or getting a promotion, and those would just take too long. I know there were ramifications for not fulfilling those things too and I worked so hard so my sims wouldn't get miserable. I think that's what got me hooked on having a romantic sim, or a knowledge sim you had to skill anyway and with the romance sim you didn't have to keep the relations up as much and a few woohoo's did the trick if you did.

I like Sims 4 wants system much better, just click the ones I don't want to do and something comes up eventually that I can do. The ability to stay awake until bedtime is realistic also for most sims. I'm not desperately tied to fulfilling those wants and aspirations either. That's why I don't get when people say this current version is too linear or goal oriented. I don't have to do any of those things now, I can skill in a fun manner, go out for a bit and talk to people passing by, garden, whatever.. Sure you get rewards for doing what is suggested but your sim doesn't get miserable if you don't .. Well not unless you gave him some trait that might make him miserable. It all just makes sense to me now.. It's my Sims 2 but so much better and fuller and more alive. I know a lot of people disagree and that's okay with me.

Weird how we all see things differently.

I'm very happy with my Sims 4 and am enjoying that almost child like Christmas anticipation of what will come next in this version.

egTcBMc.png
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    @KatsKats Sims 2 Anniversary Edition! With upgraded features (That would be cool, except, I think the game originates from 2004... Well, eleventh anniversary is as good as any!)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I don't want to jinx it but I'm positive this thread will get move to memory lane. Glad your enjoying Sims 2 I plan on trying that game out myself as it sounds a lot more fun than Sims 4.

You called it!

And yes, Sims 2 is a lot more fun than Sims 4. And before everyone says "...because EXPANSIONS", no. 90% of what I do in Sims 2 does not require the expansions.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
    edited May 2015
    Hawkgirl wrote: »

I hear you. That's because the sims 2 game play makes up for the lack of features whereas sims 4 game play does not.

Yup. I keep hearing about the gameplay and the new and improved sims but I'm struggling to see it. When I look at the bunch of goofballs in my game that break out into dance for no apparent reason or drop and give me twenty push-ups every time I turn around, I keep wondering "Where are my smarter sims?" One thing they do excel at is talking. Man, can they talk. And talk and talk and talk...and talk. If talking equated gameplay, TS4 would be the game of the century. :|

That's how I feel when I read how well done the kids are in Sims 4. They're seeing something I'm not. The kids are great, but not really any different than the ones from 3 and 2 overall.
    Post edited by KayeStar on
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2015
    take0nme wrote: »
    I decided to re-download it again and I'm enjoying it more than ever. Of course having a complete collection is very nice but having the pets..all the life stages.. I haven't even felt the need to put in mods/cc.. there's so much to do in the sims 2 I haven't even paid mind. I'm sure i'll dive into that section later but I just have to say...

I really love the sims 2 and playing it now makes me realize how much I missed it. ♥♥

Anyone else still playing this series?

I just played it today ^^ and I might play it a bit more, right now I'm poor as hell because I decided to make a pool xD, my maid even "stole" my toddler's potty (third son) :p

Planning on making a gree house in the yard to enchance my garden :)

And I'm still not sure if I'm going to enroll the two teens in university :smiley:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    I'm going to get back into the game tonight! Hopefully, I'll get Angela to top of her career, and she and Dustin will have their child.
  • DaphneLunaDaphneLuna Posts: 86 Member
    I'm having so much fun since diving into the Ultimate Collection. It's so nostalgic, and I'd almost forgotten about how great family play once was. I'm hoping to reach member status soon so I can share pics.
  • pinkieposhpinkieposh Posts: 241 Member
    edited May 2015
    I am playing TS2 for months now. I have to stop playing TS3 because my graphic cards died on me. I didn't buy any Sims 2 game but I did got the Ultimate Collection for free when EA offered it. I had TS4 but I still have to warm up to it. I am still in love with TS3 and will definitely go back to it when I get a better gaming PC. But for now, TS2 will do for me. It's gameplay is more difficult than TS3 and the sims either die on me or get really really mad if I don't give them what they want so I stopped manipulating them and just let them play out their stories. It's very fun.
    The sims in TS2 does more animation than any other sims I played. I like how they would get in the car and do a reverse from the driveway before steering forward and when they get back they would actually swerve to the driveway and then get off the car. I like how sims would actually use the counter, like they would actually open the counter and reach for some kitchen utensils when preparing a meal. Even my son likes TS2. He is getting a kick out of the toddler's nursery rhyme, he asked me to let the mom sing with the toddler over and over again. Now, it's stuck in my head, I hum it even when I'm at the office. LOL!
    I even tried my hand at business by opening a bakery. I hired a cashier while my sim do the baking. I thought everything was running smoothly with the business until the cashier came up to my sim and jabbed at her and told her, 'I can't take this anymore. I quit.' And the whole time I was just watching and when he walked out I was like, 'what?' Made my day, LOL!
    tumblr_phvdhrrkdl1qcy6v1o1_r2_540.png
    My Page My Simblr My Studio
    My YouTube Channel
  • T_MMYT_MMY Posts: 40 Member
    edited May 2015
    deleted
    Post edited by T_MMY on
    tumblr_mhn2vkvrd51rkae8go1_500_by_yeruie-d5z2mq4.gif
  • Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    Good that you found a game you can really enjoy enjoy :smile:. I re downloaded Sims 2 a week ago and I did not enjoy it as much as I wanted to but for some reason I have been loving the hell out of Sims 3 and I am so confused over which game I really like because I am so on and off with all of them.

If each game makes you happy shouldn't that be all that matters?

I have never stopped playing TS2 & 3. I play TS2 when I'm in full toddler mode, and I play TS3 when I'm in the mood for more adult play (but still have my toddlers.) Sometimes it doesn't matter why something makes you happy, just that it does. :smiley:
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
    edited May 2015
    deleted
    Post edited by T_MMY on
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    My favourite Sims series will Always be sims 2. I like 3 and 4 but it doesn't have the magic of the sims 2. When I got my new PC I was so happy to discover the sims 2 worked on it, have played it as much as I can!
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    Sims 2 is my fave and it's so complete! But I can't play it like I used to, cause I explored like 99% of the game :(
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    Sims 2 is my fave and it's so complete! But I can't play it like I used to, cause I explored like 99% of the game :(
    have you played it with mods & CC ?
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
    edited May 2015
    deleted
    Post edited by T_MMY on