Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2

take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
I decided to re-download it again and I'm enjoying it more than ever. Of course having a complete collection is very nice but having the pets..all the life stages.. I haven't even felt the need to put in mods/cc.. there's so much to do in the sims 2 I haven't even paid mind. I'm sure i'll dive into that section later but I just have to say...

I really love the sims 2 and playing it now makes me realize how much I missed it. ♥♥

Anyone else still playing this series?
DyFJE8G.jpg
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    take0nme wrote: »
    I decided to re-download it again and I'm enjoying it more than ever. Of course having a complete collection is very nice but having the pets..all the life stages.. I haven't even felt the need to put in mods/cc.. there's so much to do in the sims 2 I haven't even paid mind. I'm sure i'll dive into that section later but I just have to say...

I really love the sims 2 and playing it now makes me realize how much I missed it. ♥♥

Anyone else still playing this series?

I retired from TS2 a couple of years ago, it was great and I done a lot with it but AtS3 is a few steps ahead of it but I would have been the Simmer I am now had it not been for TS2
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    I love going to the pet store to adopt a pet. I love having to go grocery shopping and run errands, then go out to eat after at a restaurant.. this feels like a life simulator to me..then to soak it up in the hot tub after.

I know sims 3 is similar & has most of these things but I hate the lag and the bugs, no matter what PC I had it wasn't good enough to run it the way sims 2 and sims 4 runs for me.
    DyFJE8G.jpg

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Oh yeah plenty of people still play it. :) You will find a bunch of them here:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-general-discussion
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    Oh yeah plenty of people still play it. :) You will find a bunch of them here:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-general-discussion

Thank you :)

DyFJE8G.jpg

• Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    I'm too lazy to redownload S2 and 3! Hahaha. Quite happy playing 4.
    Aussie_Simmer
    take0nme wrote: »
    I love going to the pet store to adopt a pet. I love having to go grocery shopping and run errands, then go out to eat after at a restaurant.. this feels like a life simulator to me..then to soak it up in the hot tub after.

I know sims 3 is similar & has most of these things but I hate the lag and the bugs, no matter what PC I had it wasn't good enough to run it the way sims 2 and sims 4 runs for me.

Lag not an issue for me myself

As for the hot tubs, I can still remeber them from TS1, if a Sim with loads of outgoing points got in the tub first, they hot in naked and then other Sins, out going or not, would also get in naked

It seems that the first 3 Sims games where full of charm :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Yup am still playing it. Spent good time on the weekend with ts2. Lots of toddlers, lol ( and so much to do otherwise) happy sims 2 simming!
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Good that you found a game you can really enjoy enjoy :smile:. I re downloaded Sims 2 a week ago and I did not enjoy it as much as I wanted to but for some reason I have been loving the hell out of Sims 3 and I am so confused over which game I really like because I am so on and off with all of them.
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    Good that you found a game you can really enjoy enjoy :smile:. I re downloaded Sims 2 a week ago and I did not enjoy it as much as I wanted to but for some reason I have been loving the hell out of Sims 3 and I am so confused over which game I really like because I am so on and off with all of them.

How could anyone not love TS3? :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I'm playing it right now and whoa! I had Angela and Dustin make out on the couch, and they got wild! I mean jumping on each other and making...ahem...noises while they're kissing. Angela also bit/nibbled his neck when I simply had them do a romantic kiss.

TS2 is definitely deserving of being rated T with those animations!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah I'm still playing the Sims 1 and 2 and still loving them as much as the day I got both base games. <3 Having the Sims UC feels like a new experience for me having a Sims game with everything for the first time.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Shelle58704Shelle58704 Posts: 751 Member
    I started with 3. Got 2 after a few years, and I just couldn't get into it. Now that I've played 4 for a bit, 2 makes more sense. I love the open worlds of 3, but I hate that I have to add certain lots (LN bars) every time I start a new game. Having sub-neighborhoods is awesome in 2 and 4. I'm really excited to see how 4 grows.

I just got my computer back from the shop after 3 weeks, 2 year old daughter spilled apple juice on it, and tomorrow is my birthday. Thinking a full day of Simming!! Now to choose 2, 3, or 4!?!
    20585yp.jpg

Seriously I LOVEEE all the services you can hire. This lady is teaching my cat to pee in a toilet..

I can also hire a nanny, butler..and the maids, i forgot how racy their outfits are. :)
    DyFJE8G.jpg

• InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    I don't want to jinx it but I'm positive this thread will get move to memory lane. Glad your enjoying Sims 2 I plan on trying that game out myself as it sounds a lot more fun than Sims 4.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited May 2015
    As for the hot tubs, I can still remeber them from TS1, if a Sim with loads of outgoing points got in the tub first, they hot in naked and then other Sins, out going or not, would also get in naked

It seems that the first 3 Sims games where full of charm :smile:
    that's the difference
    in the previous iterations the weird things in the gameplay made sense & were mostly connected to the traits
    in TS4 i never know is it now a bug or a feature, because neither does it make sense nor adds to the story based on the character of the sims
    like eg that guy, who suddenly got naked in the middle of doing whatever, but of course nobody noticed anyway :lol:

34i4xlk.jpg

it was after the GTW patch & after i installed GTW
    it's a regular bunch of sims living in a house together with no special traits mixtures,
    made just for the purpose to test some carreers in the game
    as far i remember nothing special was going on, i just saw him suddenly standing there naked, out of the blue
    as seen in those pictures nothing else than in any other normal situation was happening because of the fact that he was naked,
    so it was nothing but boring to watch it, that's why TS4 is so boring, cause nothing matters & then additionally that blissfull smile everywhere

now imagine what would happen if that was one of the previous sims games

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    I am currently playing TS2 UC
    & taking a LONG break (I'm on strike) from TS4.
    My random TS2 pics:

gnvUdH7m.jpg
    MFQtZ30m.jpg
    s7LpO3ym.jpg
    Vn4h6ZIm.jpg
    2VHmpYNm.jpg
    B0HtFkVm.jpg
    a82bCurm.jpg
    K0B5BKvm.jpg
    G6oo4Hjm.jpg
    kNNVpJYm.jpg
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
    This is the second time the waiter has dropped the meals on their heads..and then it starts to downpour. lol

2dslsfs.jpg
    DyFJE8G.jpg

• KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I just posted some screenshots over in the memory lane section.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
    missmani09 wrote: »
    I am currently playing TS2 UC
    & taking a LONG break (I'm on strike) from TS4.
    My random TS2 pics:

gnvUdH7m.jpg
    MFQtZ30m.jpg
    s7LpO3ym.jpg
    Vn4h6ZIm.jpg
    2VHmpYNm.jpg
    B0HtFkVm.jpg
    a82bCurm.jpg
    K0B5BKvm.jpg
    G6oo4Hjm.jpg
    kNNVpJYm.jpg

I'm glad you're having fun with it and your screenies are great
    DyFJE8G.jpg

I just posted some screenshots over in the memory lane section.

Now that I am aware of Memory Lane I'll look to that forum for stuff about ts2 :)
    DyFJE8G.jpg

• puddleduck1puddleduck1 Posts: 179 Member
    Love the Sims 2 and play it a lot, especially when i get bored with Sims 4. Sims too is full of stuff to do. No lags, plenty of content and always a surprise around every corner. Just got to love them pets. Only slow part is loading up the start when you first start a new world but once done, it a breeze through the screens.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I have the Ultimate Collection for The Sims 2 but I'm too busy being in awe of my gorgeous sims in the Sims 4 and not really planning to go back to The Sims 2 even though I love it...
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Much love for sims 2 but not playing it. :) I have sims3 installed but haven't gone back a little while. Like Dekay, I'm liking my little sim4 simmies. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I haven't played Sims 2 since I got Sims 4, but it's still on my computer. My neighbourhood (that I built myself entirely) is still there. And my sims are waiting for their stories to continue. Funny thing is, as soon as I had played a few hours of Sims 4 I immediately removed Sims 3, but I can't bring myself to remove Sims 2, someday I'll get back to it. (I was working on some very interesting storylines) I do, however, have one of my favourite sims from 2 in one of my saves in 4 - the 'several years later'-idea (he was a teen in TS2, started him as a YA in TS4 and he did marry the girl he would eventually marry in TS2, but otherwise, I didn't make his brother or cousins, shame). Yet, I don't really feel like taking the story from there. Now I kind of want to play sims 2 :)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited May 2015
    I still play it sometimes, i have S2 still installed and ready to boot and enjoying. But well i am still stucked in S3 so for now. And S2 is timeless and i hoped S4 would be as good because they went back to loading screen so i thought it would, being back to roots in the wrong way is just wrong. There is no reason for me to move on so i just stick with S3 at this moment.
    Post edited by KrayzieStryker on