Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Owe The Sims 2 An Apology...

Comments

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Wow I didn't even know this thread was still going :D Glad you are having a good time Astro! Those are nice pictures of your family. :)
    This thread' s going slow but steady. And thanks, I'm definitely having a lot more fun than I was with TS4! :p
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    Glad to see this is still active I really enjoy learning all these little things I didn't know about Sims 2 as a Sims 3 player I haven't played it much but it sounds like a blast that I plan on trying it out again soon :)
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    @Astro what an adorable family! That toddler... ohmygosh! :) I love ts2 toddlers so much, partly because they have that glint of mischief, but are also adorable and sweet. Those footy PJ's though. *fangirls*

@Sigzy05 luckily there hasn't been a question of 2 vs 3 here, so far as I remember. I mean, I love both games for different reasons, I play both :) so I wouldn't judge someone for which they prefer. Every time I play 2, I'm amazed by it - it is so timeless, the AI is so good, absolutely everything is well done. I "awwww" with every visit from the penguin and the way the parents interact with their kids, or earlier when Dustin autonomously tucked in each of his little brothers in turn. And with 3, I'm enchanted by the beautiful worlds and the vastness of it all, the customization and the flexibility. I like being able to choose which to play depending on my mood, and have families I'm very attached to in both. I totally understand where people are coming from with their frustration with it, I only joined the community when I was frustrated with 4 :/ so tbh I didn't know about a lot of the problems with 3 until I came here. But this thread has really been about rediscovering ts2 thus far, and more recently, what each of us has done with Pleasantview. Would love to hear about some of your Sims 2 families if you'd care to share.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
    @Astro what an adorable family! That toddler... ohmygosh! :) I love ts2 toddlers so much, partly because they have that glint of mischief, but are also adorable and sweet. Those footy PJ's though. *fangirls*

@Sigzy05 luckily there hasn't been a question of 2 vs 3 here, so far as I remember. I mean, I love both games for different reasons, I play both :) so I wouldn't judge someone for which they prefer. Every time I play 2, I'm amazed by it - it is so timeless, the AI is so good, absolutely everything is well done. I "awwww" with every visit from the penguin and the way the parents interact with their kids, or earlier when Dustin autonomously tucked in each of his little brothers in turn. And with 3, I'm enchanted by the beautiful worlds and the vastness of it all, the customization and the flexibility. I like being able to choose which to play depending on my mood, and have families I'm very attached to in both. I totally understand where people are coming from with their frustration with it, I only joined the community when I was frustrated with 4 :/ so tbh I didn't know about a lot of the problems with 3 until I came here. But this thread has really been about rediscovering ts2 thus far, and more recently, what each of us has done with Pleasantview. Would love to hear about some of your Sims 2 families if you'd care to share.
    I'm hoping to get a good gaming desktop to play 3 in it's glory at the end of the summer.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I need to take more screenshots... Keep em' coming guys I LOVE looking at your stories!!

I need a tip though peeps; is there a safe way to bring Bella back to Pleasantview from Strangetown? I read online that apprently the game corrupts if you move her... :(

--T
    Astro wrote: »

I'm hoping to get a good gaming desktop to play 3 in it's glory at the end of the summer.

Definitely check out nraas when you do. I don't usually like mods myself but they help keep your saves stable and allow for a lot of customization. There is a lot of good cc for both ts2 and ts3 but I think the fancy stuff works better with 3, only because it matches the graphics better in some cases. I'm afraid to even start with cc for ts2, that's a slippery slope, but I'm in love with reading simblrs xD oh and don't forget to check out the player made worlds - I have tried several non cc worlds and they're amazing! Players have also re-done some of the buggier Maxis worlds, which might make playing smoother. *geeks out* :) I just love seeing what the community had brought to ts2&3, and how much love and dedication there is for them. Makes me feel less crazy for loving them so much ^_^
  • TantrumShockTantrumShock Posts: 16 New Member
    I definitely agree, even though it was much more basic The Sims 2 had so much more appeal!

Definitely check out nraas when you do. I don't usually like mods myself but they help keep your saves stable and allow for a lot of customization. There is a lot of good cc for both ts2 and ts3 but I think the fancy stuff works better with 3, only because it matches the graphics better in some cases. I'm afraid to even start with cc for ts2, that's a slippery slope, but I'm in love with reading simblrs xD oh and don't forget to check out the player made worlds - I have tried several non cc worlds and they're amazing! Players have also re-done some of the buggier Maxis worlds, which might make playing smoother. *geeks out* :) I just love seeing what the community had brought to ts2&3, and how much love and dedication there is for them. Makes me feel less crazy for loving them so much ^_^

Oooh, are those worlds in the exchange? I hate having to go in and add the lots from previous EP's and then the bars in the clubs are the wrong ones so you don't get the mixologists *sigh*

--T

To7m wrote: »

Oooh, are those worlds in the exchange? I hate having to go in and add the lots from previous EP's and then the bars in the clubs are the wrong ones so you don't get the mixologists *sigh*

--T

I think the ones I've heard about are on mod the sims, by ellacharmed. A lot of the worlds on the exchange were painstakingly tested for routing issues as well, some are empty as well in case you want to populate the world yourself. There are even really amazing custom skies and lighting mods, which can make the worlds absolutely breathtaking. I don't use them but the pictures make me drool. Also check out #thesims2 #thesims3 and related tags in Tumblr, lots of people publish their cc on there, and some of it is absolutely stunning. I could stare at custom Sims forever. (Although there are a handful that make you want to poke your own eyes out, too) >.>
    To7m wrote: »

--T

I think the ones I've heard about are on mod the sims, by ellacharmed. A lot of the worlds on the exchange were painstakingly tested for routing issues as well, some are empty as well in case you want to populate the world yourself. There are even really amazing custom skies and lighting mods, which can make the worlds absolutely breathtaking. I don't use them but the pictures make me drool. Also check out #thesims2 #thesims3 and related tags in Tumblr, lots of people publish their cc on there, and some of it is absolutely stunning. I could stare at custom Sims forever. (Although there are a handful that make you want to poke your own eyes out, too) >.>

Thank youuu

--T

I got a CC skin overlay that looks great! It's actually in the pics, I also have custom eyes.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2015
    @To7m wrote: »
    I need to take more screenshots... Keep em' coming guys I LOVE looking at your stories!!

I need a tip though peeps; is there a safe way to bring Bella back to Pleasantview from Strangetown? I read online that apprently the game corrupts if you move her... :(

--T

Hi :)

I believe I read it's best to raise Bella in Pleasantview than to bring the other one from Strangetown.

Maybe this- http://www.wikihow.com/Bring-Bella-Goth-Back-on-the-Sims-2

Backup your neighborhood before testing so if something goes wrong. O.o
  • DaphneLunaDaphneLuna Posts: 86 Member
    How are people still able to get the Ultimate Collection? I just tried unsuccessfully to obtain a code from EA support, after explaining that I'm an owner of the game but lost my disks in a move. I'm still seeing posts from people who've gotten the collection within the past couple of months, so if anybody knows how this can be done, I'm all ears!
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    DaphneLuna wrote: »
    How are people still able to get the Ultimate Collection? I just tried unsuccessfully to obtain a code from EA support, after explaining that I'm an owner of the game but lost my disks in a move. I'm still seeing posts from people who've gotten the collection within the past couple of months, so if anybody knows how this can be done, I'm all ears!
    Ask again and again. Not every tech is going to be nice enough to give it to you. You just gotta find the nice one (I remember mine was called Satendra or something).
    oh3cjs.jpg
    xBob18 wrote: »
    Ask again and again. Not every tech is going to be nice enough to give it to you. You just gotta find the nice one (I remember mine was called Satendra or something).
    LOL, I've never heard of that name before! :D
    @xBob18 thanks for the tip! I told them how all of my games were registered on the old sims 2 site, and everything... but nope, they elevated my case to a specialist and I was told that they "do not have the option to give it to the customers any longer"... which I don't believe is true because I'm seeing posts from users who have received the game semi-recently.
    @xBob18 thanks for the tip! I told them how all of my games were registered on the old sims 2 site, and everything... but nope, they elevated my case to a specialist and I was told that they "do not have the option to give it to the customers any longer"... which I don't believe is true because I'm seeing posts from users who have received the game semi-recently.
    Be persistent! This is a game worth fighting for!!!! :)
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Oooh those liars... don't believe them! Keep trying!
    oh3cjs.jpg
    edited May 2015
    @Astro and @xBob18 - Do you think I'd have better luck over the phone? Or on the live chat? My last attempt was on the live chat. And do you think there's anything specific that I could say to help my case? Thank you both for your help :)
    @Astro and @xBob18 - Do you think I'd have better luck over the phone? Or on the live chat? My last attempt was on the live chat. And do you think there's anything specific that I could say to help my case? Thank you both for your help :)
    You can always pull the old, "I had all the ep and sp, but I lost them and really want the Ultimate Collection!" It might work. :)
    edited May 2015
    Cheers @Rflong7 , that's what I plan to do!

Those darn mascots at Uni - one just flirted with Dustin Broke causing my sim to think he was cheating... Lol. It doesn't help the mascot was a guy and had no relationship with Dustin.

I've put it down to sexual experience on Dustins part - he is in uni after all. I fixed the relationship bars but my sim is pretty angry... She'll get over it I hope haha.

On the plus side - she beat up the mascot haha

--T

ETA: you wil not believe it... As I was typing my original message the mascot had flirted with Dirk, causing Lilith to get mad... There is one randy mascot on the loose haha.

Too funny!
    I got it!! I had to try a couple of more times, and dig through my storage to find the old base game code, but a support tech finally gave me the ultimate collection.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I got it!! I had to try a couple of more times, and dig through my storage to find the old base game code, but a support tech finally gave me the ultimate collection.

Awesome!!!! :D

Post lots of pics! :) (Something I need to do more of as well :D )
  • missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    I'll just quote myself in a thread I created called "Throw Back Thursday"
    I, too, apologized to TS2. I haven't played TS4 for months now.
    Here is a snippet of my TS2 experience:
    missmani09 wrote: »
    Since I've been extremely bored with TS4, I reverted back to TS2
    & let me tell you, I am having a GRAND time.
    Not sure if this topic will get moved to another section, but here goes.

I'm playing with a full sim house + a dog. (2 Adults, 1 Teen, 1 Child, 3 Toddlers. Dog)
    I placed this huge household in a very small, cramped apartment. 2 Bed, 2 Bath.
    It is so fun watching my sim children reek havoc in the household.
    They are all mostly VERY grumpy because the place is a MESS.
    Dirty dishes every where, the sinks, tubs, toilets are GROSS.

dt2Jato.jpg

Spoiled bottles of milk lay about the ground. Incomplete home work everywhere.
    I just witnessed my child sim throw a TANTRUM.
    Then she goes to play with a teddy bear and bang it madly on the floor.
    The toddler sims are screaming at the top of their lungs for a bottle
    (With the notification popping up that Byron is all skin & bones)
    The toddlers need changing and my pet, Raffle, needs a bath too.

7aCprnV.jpg

The Coltons have $268, and are unable to pay their $2,000+ rent & bills.
    Repo man just came & took their sink.
    I try to instruct the husband to find a job in the newspaper (miss that in TS4)
    But - he's NOT HAVING IT!

T0U2Qa2.jpg

Time flies and the toddlers grow into children.
    The drama and stress doesn't stop there.

dm4j3yp.jpg

The mother sim is having an emotional break down because she caught her
    No good husband flirting with another woman.
    And yesterday she got fired from her job AS A DISHWASHER! (I kid you not!)
    I instruct the mother sim to find another job - and you know what she tells me?
    "I'm NOT in the mood!" :| I just say, okay, fair enough.
    ZzGMldN.jpg

Then I instruct her to serve dinner for her family.
    She opens the fridge. Notification: "Stomach growling?"
    No food in the fridge.
    Then, OUT OF NO WHERE, my two child sim boys start FIGHTING each other.
    I didn't even have to instruct them to fight. :o
    They didn't like each other and were so ANGRY that they started FIGHTING.
    And their little sister came over to watch!

AljrAXi.jpg

My teen girl sim is SO depressed & stressed (signs of acne are showing)
    That she starts stomping out a flower bed, then she TURNS AROUND
    Faces ME (like, I'm not kidding, it was creepy) and starts yelling at ME.

muCmUkQ.jpg

I just stare back at her and grin devilishly.
    Now, that is what I call EMOTIONS.

I love The Sims 2.
    Happy, Simming.
    Feel Free To share your throwbacks!

Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!