Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show us your recent WIPs here!

Comments

• BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Love the WIP's here! You all are doing awesome creations!! When finished with them please stop by the app thread and share them with the community!
    Link Here
    forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/793222/share-your-newest-the-sims-4-creations-here/p1
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    edited May 2015
    Oh what a great idea. Another simmer PM once asking me if I do get builders block...my answer was more than often lol That is also one of the reasons I delete so many WIP's Here is one example of a WIP that I have been stuck on for weeks.
    I never had any luck so far with castles or palaces and was quite determined to make this one work..yet again I'm stuck. I circled my issues on the 2nd picture. Maybe some guidance or inspiration can help me finish this monstrosity
    (FYI I always build from the outside inwards)

TVlPNui.png
    Qb2lLWz.png
    Post edited by Zita1966z on
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    @BreeMiles Thank you for heading a link to your app thread dear! :) I'm pretty sure they will share their works one their project has been finished. :)

@Zita1966z Your WIP looks very grand and gorgeous! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, great work with the roofing and very rustic feel! Sorry to hear you having some issues with your WIP. I know you're not the only one struggling with one of these issues. The color, yeah, it's my most struggling part in building! It's a bummer since CASt didn't return, but at least they should implemented a color wheel instead! As for the windows, roofing, and pillars, I think you did fine with them. for awnings, I'm not sure with it. And as for courtyard, I love it! :)

But I still need Rosemow's feedback before I update my list. Thanks for sharing in this thread! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited May 2015
    I think that you build very nice castles! @Zita :) The castle and palace themed builds that you have created always look very nice! Your WIP is looking very nice! :) The exterior design of it is very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the front pathways! The steps leading from the left and right hand sides onto the footpath looks nice, and the flagpoles add a nice look. The roofing and towers look very nice!
    The WIP is looking great!
  • islarosexivislarosexiv Posts: 454 Member
    @Zita1966z I can so totally relate to that. I go through the same thing with almost every build, ha ha.

I like the roofing variety and the pillars. That color scheme is hard to pull off, I always wind up changing it in my builds or adding another color to add depth because I can never quite figure it out. With the large turrets, I usually double up on the roofing, and place a second roof on a diagonal to add full cover (because the square thing always gets me when I try hexagon/round rooms). I don't know if you'll like it, but it's worth a try!

I love the water/courtyard design, maybe add a water feature? Some more greenery? Rock ledges on the outer pond? :) I think this has a lot of potential, and can't wait to see what you do with it! Good luck!
    Gallery: Islaroses
    Build Showcase: Islaroses
    Simblr: islarosesims.tumblr.com
    Sims Mobile: NJUTWNP

• pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Everyone's WIPs are looking great!

Here's my current WIP, and it's a Bali/Japanese-inspired mansion that I call Bali Citadel.
    2vlwboi.png

I'm still working on the interiors and the backyard.
    I have posted about your WIP on your showcase thread, but just wanted to say here again that it is looking very nice! pronterus. :)
    So, I finished my Neoclassical lot, and the Modern Bachelor pad, and now I'm working on this one:

41TUT3s.jpg

I need to toy with landscaping, terrain detail, maybe tweak the windows and such. Then it's off to decorate, which seems to be my biggest roadblock after decorating so many homes. :|

Also, I've had this one sitting around for months, based on a great house I found in an Architecture magazine.. but I'm kind of uninspired.

hd1zmRJ.jpg

And finally, this one which is just annoying because the front door keeps disappearing for some reason (despite still being there).

YthEOpd.jpg

Your three WIPS are looking very nice! @islarosexiv :) Very nice exterior designs of each of them! The slanted roofing looks very nice! Nice texture of the homes. The placement of the windows in the builds looks nice. Each of your builds are looking great! Very nice front entrances to the homes! The slanted roof front porchway on the third build looks very nice! Nice sitting area on the front porch in the second home, and the slats in the roof in the entrance way in the first build looks very nice!
    Enjoy working on your builds! :)
    edited May 2015
    @pronterus Bali Citadel WIP is looking very gorgeous! :smiley:
    I already commented it in your showcase thread. It's great that you posted it here! I like that Asian vibes and amazing architecture too with lovely landscaping.
    Looking forward to seeing your finished product. :)

@islarosexiv It is great that you finished your two WIPs! :smiley: I just saw these in the gallery.
    Neoclassical Family Home is very gorgeous colonial house with fantastic architecture, adorable landscaping, and elegant interior with very sleek color scheme. Modern Bachelor Pad is an amazing bachelor's pad with rustic architecture and very stylish modern interior with very refreshing color scheme.
    Already added to my faves! :smiley:

Also, your three new WIPs looks very amazing! :smiley:
    Each of them has very nice exterior details with some has very rustic feel, another has some industrial feel.
    Looking forward to these three! :)

Thanks everyone for sharing in this thread! I'll update my list post. :)
    Thanks @rosemow & @RyeCris16!

@Zita1966z I can so totally relate to that. I go through the same thing with almost every build, ha ha.

I like the roofing variety and the pillars. That color scheme is hard to pull off, I always wind up changing it in my builds or adding another color to add depth because I can never quite figure it out. With the large turrets, I usually double up on the roofing, and place a second roof on a diagonal to add full cover (because the square thing always gets me when I try hexagon/round rooms). I don't know if you'll like it, but it's worth a try!

I love the water/courtyard design, maybe add a water feature? Some more greenery? Rock ledges on the outer pond? :) I think this has a lot of potential, and can't wait to see what you do with it! Good luck!

@islarosexiv Thanx for the comment and advise. lol This build had me so grumpy that I decided to delete it and move on. It either right or wrong I'm still struggling with the maybe.. lol Impatient is what some people would call it. lol Hope you have a great weeknd
    @zita1966z I totally know what you mean. I logged in today with the intention of actually finishing my WIPs, but I just can't be bothered :# So I built a new lot instead. Ha ha. I hope you have a great weekend too!

@islarosexiv You r so right and you know what? I felt soooo much better after deleting it heheh <3
  • SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for making this thread! I have a few WIP stuff that I'm not sure whether to finish, sorta experimental stuff. I'd be glad to have it off my chest and see what you guys think of it :smile: Here is a Sprited Away themed mini-village I started but sort of lost inspiration on: a4i18Dt.png For those of you who haven't seen this anime movie, I recommend it to anyone with an imagination, anime fan or not! I also attempted a rather Japanese palace home but still can't feel satisfied with the color scheme and shape:oAB61ZE.png
    Thanks for looking! Feel free to critique or give feedback, I'd be happy to hear!
    Your Spirited Away mini village is looking so very nice! @SpecterCody :) The exterior of the buildings look very great! Very nice colours that you have used for the exteriors of the buildings! The roofing looks so great! It looks very nice the types of and how you have placed the windows in the buildings! The front porches on the first two buildings looks very nice! It looks great how you have done the roofing over the top of the porches and the columns look great how you have used them! The way you have done the front window in the third building looks so nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the awning over the window, have placed pegs on the wall , have the planter box window and then have the curved roofing over the top of them. It creates a great look!
    It is such a very nice build!
    The Japanese Palace home is lovely! :) The pagoda style roofing looks so very nice! Very nice exterior design of the home! The lantern lights look very pretty. The outdoors areas are so nice as well! It looks very nice how you have flights of steps with the plants placed in the nook areas between them! The water fountain feature looks very nice. Very nice front entrance to the lot! The roof covered gate is very nice! It looks very nice how you have pagoda roofing on the corners of the front fencing. The trees in the front courtyard area look very nice.
    The builds look so nice! I hope that you will continue to work on them to finish them because they are so very nice! :)
    @rosemow Thank you so much rose! I hope I find the time to finsh them as well, thanks for motivating me to work on them more :smiley:
    @SpecterCody I love your Japanese castle! It's also similar to what I'm currently working on :)
    @SpecterCody Great to see you in this thread! :) Your two WIPs are looking very amazing! :smiley:
    Your Spirited Away-themed village is looking very awesome with amazing architecture. I like the way on how you did with a roofing. I believe you put a lot of effort to it. And as your Japanese palace, wow! It looks so gorgeous and your roofing is very creative too! But personally, for me, I still need real pagoda roofs. That curving doesn't feel for me (at least it's only my opinion, ;)) Adorable landscaping too! I like your garden and even your fountain.

I'm looking forward to seeing those two, I'm sure it's straight to my faves if you're done. :smiley:
    Thank you for sharing in this thread! I updated my list post with your WIP post. :)
    @pronterus thanks! Asian styled buildings can be great fun :smile: Now we just need appropriate furniture! At least the curved roofs fit the Bali theme you have created nicely :)

@RyeCris16 I appreciate your kind words here! I am more motivated to finish the village so I'm glad you like it. I agree the curved roofs are not quite right for the pagoda look, that's part of what I don't like about the Japanese palace.
    @SpecterCody That village is so cool! It reminds me a bit of an old world plaza, just without the fountain :) It would be a cool site for a Bazaar/flea market too!

The anime palace is stunning! It looks so authentic - I love all of the architectural elements, and the level of detail you have is incredible. Very nice work!

Bali Citadel WIP by @pronterus is done as Hanami Castle. Check it here! :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13623369/#Comment_13623369
    I've been on a building spree recently, and here's my latest Asian-inspired WIP.

v66veq.png

10gyzqw.png
    Your Asian themed WIP looks so very nice! @pronterus :) Very nice exterior design of the build! The pagoda roofing looks so very nice! It looks very nice how you have the different roof covered levels of the build! The colourful water fountains around the edges of the home and the lot look so very, very pretty! It looks nice how you have flights of steps on each of the sides of the home. The trees and plants features in the front left and right nooks look nice. Very nice placement of the windows and wall lights in the build! The build is looking so nice! I will look forward to seeing the finished build :)
    @pronterus I love what you've done with the lighting and the lighting feature! It looks like it would be a great nightclub venue too :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top