Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Expansion: Town Life

I saw the blurb about the first expansion possibly being about careers and stuff and it made me think of the different possibilities. Here is a quick outline of how I would love an expansion to be like! Please comment and tell me what you think. I am curious to see how close it is to how the expansion turns out!

Expansion 1 for The Sims 3 – Town Life

This expansion revolves around everything a sim does outside their home in their neighborhood. Go to the many new restaurants, get a check up at the hospital, go see a movie of your own choice, do after school activities of many kinds, enjoy a day at the beach, and the list goes on and on! The expansion opens up all the rabbit holes in town and let’s you do different things inside the buildings, old and new! Have your sim join a handful of new careers and enjoy a new spin on already existing careers as you can see inside each building now and many new options are open to you!

As stated above, your sims can go out to eat to many new restaurants. All of your favorite interactions such as dating and so forth are back from previous sim games. The Sims 3 would have more complicated social interactions of course. Wine and dine your sims like never before! The matchmaking service would have many options like letting your sim put an ad in the newspaper stating the kind of TRAITS they want in a mate! Speaking of traits, there would be a couple new traits added to the game. They are the following:

Restless: These sims always want to be out and about. They aren't satisfied with being at home. They will always have wishes to go to various places in the neighborhood and are their happiest when going out and about. They will love to talk about their adventures outside the home with other sims. They also hate to sit around for prolonged periods of time since they always want to be on the move. These sims don't need to sleep as long either because sleeping would interfere with fun times!

Judgmental: Think Mrs. Crumplebottom! Your sim would always have a harsh opinion about things other sims do. They would have no problem sharing this opinion with others. They would have many socials that allow them to criticize and give advice even when not wanted. I have met people like this in real life so it makes sense to have them in sim life!

The expansion also adds a brand new neighborhood creator that allows you to create neighborhoods from scratch. Name them, design them, put where the roads are, decide which community lots will exist in your town. There is an all new feature called Visit Another Town, which will allows sims from your other towns visit your new town!

These are the ideas I had for now. What do you guys think? What would you add to an expansion like this?

Comments

• victoria_gvictoria_g Posts: 81 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I actually quite like that idea.
  • Silver16Silver16 Posts: 2,014 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It seems a bit like a Hot Date/Nightlife type expansion (my favs by far), and I think quite a few of the things you mentioned will pop up in this game's version of those. I sincerely hope work keeps being "rabbit holes" though. Would have to do some silly minigame when I'm finally supposed to be rid of the sim for a couple hours ^^

EDIT: That's right, it still censors minigame apparently :?
  • Gouka989Gouka989 Posts: 976 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Silver16 wrote:
    It seems a bit like a Hot Date/Nightlife type expansion (my favs by far), and I think quite a few of the things you mentioned will pop up in this game's version of those. I sincerely hope work keeps being "rabbit holes" though. Would have to do some silly minigame when I'm finally supposed to be rid of the sim for a couple hours ^^

EDIT: That's right, it still censors minigame apparently :?

Clever (I mean your edit job for the word there). 8) I have to agree with you about the rabbit holes for work, especially if you are running a household.

alan650111 - Some nice ideas you have there. Would love to see that get released in the first EP.
  • jb1628jb1628 Posts: 77 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I sort of like the idea, but your idea really didn't add enough for me to justify paying $30 for it. Also I don't exactly like the idea of controlling my sims during work, seems extremely monotonous and boring.
  • whitemacgirl190whitemacgirl190 Posts: 717 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Coooool. I want nightclubs, too.
  • iamthetviamthetv Posts: 170 Member
    edited June 2009
    Good idea expect for controlling sims at work. I hated that in the Urbz. Since I'm no good at button mashing, I can't ever get promoted. That would totally ruin the game for me.
  • mrenickmrenick Posts: 33 New Member
    edited June 2009
    They need to add a jewelers shop or something for all the gems and metals you find. And I think the matchmaking service for looking for certain traits is a great idea as well.
  • Pastalover587Pastalover587 Posts: 978 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That sounds cool. Also, I want to be able to swim in the ocean and ponds!
  • ToeBirdieToeBirdie Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I WANT VAMPIRES

• Vietgirl_xoxoVietgirl_xoxo Posts: 7,142 Member
    edited June 2009
    I want surfing! :O!

And sims owning hotels!!
  • BlazeIvesBlazeIves Posts: 1,135 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I want to make decoratons in general. Jewelry, Swords, Statues. Love nightclubs. I's love to make a new neighborhood.
  • Vietgirl_xoxoVietgirl_xoxo Posts: 7,142 Member
    edited June 2009
    BlazeIves wrote:
    I want to make decoratons in general. Jewelry, Swords, Statues. Love nightclubs. I's love to make a new neighborhood.

omg, that would be so awwwesome.
  • creameggxxcreameggxx Posts: 345 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I would buy it! :D
  • DemintiaDemintia Posts: 277 Member
    edited June 2009
    ToeBirdie wrote:
    I WANT VAMPIRES
    It would be nice if the team in charge kept with the original 'fluke' humor in the monster type sims you could 'accidentally' create. Lot of people were annoyed at the lack of aliens (I guess a *fairly easy to create controllable ghost makes up for it.) Rambling: I just hope they change how painting works in the expansion. Lack of camera controls and no dictation as to how a Sim should paint the various images. (Portrait of a sim, as an example, is on a medium canvas. What if you want a nice large picture of your founding Sim hanging near the fire place?)

I can appreciate the "Stylized" paintings. But Every 'picture' I've painted or taken with the phone have come out extremely dark (so dark that you can't often tell it's a Sim's head in there... because I can't get a half body shot for the life of me.) Not being able to manipulate walls/camera properly make painting a pita.

*fairly easy - Considering the lower the skills the sooner you get that phone call to experiment on the remains of the dearly departed.

I can't say that I want to have to dictate what my Sim does at work/school beyond telling them how they should act for the day. I don't mind the rabbit holes, but that is just the way I play. I think people forget (rather quickly/easily) that not everyone plays the game the same way. And people don't tend to make nonsense "Ooo I love this" type of posts. But just because you see several "ooo I hate that" posts does not mean the majority of players hate the feature. (People tend to be louder when they don't like something.)

Basically:
    If you can't control the Sim while at work, why bother wasting the space for it.
    Just as many people are going to be ****** if/when they have to start babysitting their Sim during work/school, as there are people who are ****** that they can't babysit their sim during work/school.
    I want them to add Voodoo Cheesecake :-o (Rare to find/hard to make/etc) that curses a Sim and further generations until specific antidote (hard to make) is created)
  • Summer123452Summer123452 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @ToeBirdie said:
    > I WANT VAMPIRES
    You can get that in Supernatural or Late Night EP
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    > @ToeBirdie said:<br />
    > I WANT VAMPIRES<br />
    You can get that in Supernatural or Late Night EP
    You might want to check on the date of the posts you are replying to. This thread is over five years old, before those EPs existed.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Well... We got Town Life Stuff!
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Dimon6579Dimon6579 Posts: 501 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I saw the blurb about the first expansion possibly being about careers and stuff and it made me think of the different possibilities. Here is a quick outline of how I would love an expansion to be like! Please comment and tell me what you think. I am curious to see how close it is to how the expansion turns out!

Expansion 1 for The Sims 3 – Town Life

This expansion revolves around everything a sim does outside their home in their neighborhood. Go to the many new restaurants, get a check up at the hospital, go see a movie of your own choice, do after school activities of many kinds, enjoy a day at the beach, and the list goes on and on! The expansion opens up all the rabbit holes in town and let’s you do different things inside the buildings, old and new! Have your sim join a handful of new careers and enjoy a new spin on already existing careers as you can see inside each building now and many new options are open to you!

As stated above, your sims can go out to eat to many new restaurants. All of your favorite interactions such as dating and so forth are back from previous sim games. The Sims 3 would have more complicated social interactions of course. Wine and dine your sims like never before! The matchmaking service would have many options like letting your sim put an ad in the newspaper stating the kind of TRAITS they want in a mate! Speaking of traits, there would be a couple new traits added to the game. They are the following:

Restless: These sims always want to be out and about. They aren't satisfied with being at home. They will always have wishes to go to various places in the neighborhood and are their happiest when going out and about. They will love to talk about their adventures outside the home with other sims. They also hate to sit around for prolonged periods of time since they always want to be on the move. These sims don't need to sleep as long either because sleeping would interfere with fun times!

Judgmental: Think Mrs. Crumplebottom! Your sim would always have a harsh opinion about things other sims do. They would have no problem sharing this opinion with others. They would have many socials that allow them to criticize and give advice even when not wanted. I have met people like this in real life so it makes sense to have them in sim life!

The expansion also adds a brand new neighborhood creator that allows you to create neighborhoods from scratch. Name them, design them, put where the roads are, decide which community lots will exist in your town. There is an all new feature called Visit Another Town, which will allows sims from your other towns visit your new town!

These are the ideas I had for now. What do you guys think? What would you add to an expansion like this?

LOL..love that picture in the sig showing the big nose and ears..lol.
    A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
  • ladyc672ladyc672 Posts: 132 Member
    I love these resurrected threads :D