Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC VS NO CC

Comments

• Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    rochelimit wrote: »
    I don't do CC because the art looks different and often annoying, especially those that look like something from Second Life

This excellent post by @Vondiita can help make sure you can find CC that looks like the default content:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/815146/maxis-style-cc-list/p1
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited May 2015
    I don't do CC because the art looks different and often annoying, especially those that look like something from Second Life

This excellent post by @Vondiita can help make sure you can find CC that looks like the default content:

I also hate when the art doesn't match. It really bothers me, and it's annoying because the CC itself looks so nice.
    Post edited by KayeStar on
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited May 2015

I also hate when the art doesn't match. It really bothers me, and it sucks because the CC itself looks so nice.

Yes, it needs to match up to me as well. It needs careful consideration when selecting CC.

I create folder sets of mods/cc, so I can drop them in depending on what save I am playing. For example, I have a save that is only one one lot and all the Sims are in old fashioned clothing. Taking this approach means I can play with the really crazy stuff or very hi-def stuff.

My main default save, I pretty much only use Maxis style CC
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Ok I'm a good candidate to ask about cc vs no cc in sims 4 as I've had 2 or 3 months with it and the rest without it. Started with none, went on a spree for too much every WEEK for a few months then my pc (it's a plum computer trust me tht is wht pc means) got even more unbearable glitches as my PC is pretty low end (no graphics card, low specs, laptop) and it glitches anyways but this cc I can confirm will run amazingly and improve your experience if using a very good pc. It looks amazing too.
    The best site to get it from is: thesimsresource.com
    They have so much variety for all 4 games and for sims 4 I gots to say it's cool and stylish if you can run it.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    Hellz_AngelHellz_Angel Posts: 1,694 Member
    Using CC is a must for me. I have since the TS2. I enjoy more variety in clothing, hair, accessories and so on. I haven't used mods yet, mostly because I doubt my capabilities in installing it correctly but I digress. I am super picky about where my CC comes from though. If it looks off in the most minute detail I won't download.
    <3 JD & LC 3-20-13 <3
  • Options
    monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member
    Yeah, I'm another one who only does the maxis match stuff. Also, if content slips in that looks good in a screenshot, but strange when it's actually in the game, I'm pretty ruthless about yanking it out. I really cannot handle the wispy Sims 3 style hair, but it seems really popular. Which is cool, because if people are enjoying it, I'm glad it's out there for them. There's just no way that goes in my own game though, LOL.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Shaobun wrote: »
    As if I needed another reason to like cc... I just saw that someone made an outdoor toilet out of wild grass. How could anyone not want this?
    1523526.largethumb.jpg
    I love that CC. <3 It is actually really useful. There are things like bunk beds that are nice too. I think there is a water sprinkler for gardens as well. I love that the gardener and handyman mods got updated.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    bionicdessertsbionicdesserts Posts: 320 Member
    I'm all about cc. I JUST got finished the process of installing the go to school mod! My sims 2 download folder is 22 gigs and my sims 4 one is on the way.

cc makers and modders are amazing. Bless them.
  • Options
    YouMeAtSixYouMeAtSix Posts: 460 Member
    I love CC! It adds so much more to my gameplay and honestly the game wouldn't appeal to me as much without it.
  • Options
    NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    edited May 2015
    > @Farrousy said:
    > NikNak wrote: »
    >
    > I play this game without the mods that I have now, so definitely CC for me.
    >
    >
    >
    > Huh???

I just noticed the typo. LOL

I meant to write "I can't play this game".
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    NikNak wrote: »
    > @Farrousy said:
    > NikNak wrote: »
    >
    > I play this game without the mods that I have now, so definitely CC for me.
    >
    >
    >
    > Huh???

I just noticed the typo. LOL

I meant to write "I can't play this game".

No prob. :p
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    CC for me.

I don't find it all that time consuming or difficult to keep updated, I'd probably feel differently though if I had a ton of it. I'm pretty picky about the CC I download so I don't have all that much.

The only CC you really have to lookout for with updates is Mods and in that case all I do is move my mods out into a folder on my desktop until the creators verify compatibility. I've never once had CC make my game weird or crash. People that use CC should have little to no problems as long as they're careful where they download from, knows to remove mods before patches, and only keep compatible ones installed.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    edited May 2015
    I don't touch any cc that isn't maxis match. I hate most cc, bad flat textures in clothes and shiney, thin greasy looking cc hair!! Yuck no thanks.
  • Options
    ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    Jaysim88 wrote: »
    I don't touch any cc that isn't maxis match. I hate most cc, bad flat textures in clothes and shiney, thin greasy looking cc hair!! Yuck no thanks.

I agree with you on that, I only have Maxis match CC lol
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • Options
    KrazyAngelKat81KrazyAngelKat81 Posts: 492 Member
    Yes to some CC but I'm selective about it and if it breaks any of the following rules its gone:
    - Glitchy textures
    - Can't be placed without cheats
    - Messes up in game animations
    - Doesn't compliment the look of the game

Anything that passes those hurdles is fine with me
    KrazyAngelKat81's Links:
    My Simblr (Tumblr): Love and Scenery Sims 4
    My Official Sims 4 Downloads:
    LandSS4%20Banner.jpg
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    edited May 2015
    There is probably no way I could ever play this game without CC.

02-12-15_8-06nbspPM_zpsb0bcfc07.png

01-11-15_3-14nbspPM_zps3f08b0d2.png
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    CC for me! I love the extra objects/furniture/CAS items all for free! You get more bugs with each SP or GP that comes with the game than you ever would with downloading CC, from generally reliable/popular CC websites, of course.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Cc <3 if not i run out of stuff to wear
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    I use CC (maxis match most of the time) and wish I didn't have to but thanks to EA not giving us furniture that matches or a simple cast system (like we even had in Sims 2) I feel like I have to just to make a room match, not including cc to fix EA's bug mess. Most of the time if a patch messes up a mod it will a config mod that has got to be updated or removed. When a patch happens I usually just take out config and script mods and place them on my desktop and then go check the site where I got them to see if anyone has had a problem or they need to be updated. The creators of the mods are true artist and are usually really good at updating them fairly quickly. You don't need every single mod out there and being picky is prudent.
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    CC, it always makes my creations 10x more interesting, as the variety of clothing, accessories, hairstyles, etc. with the base game is pretty boring.
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited May 2015
    I use cc but only very little mainly because I really like the in game items so I don't see the need in adding more content. If I do use CC it has to be in keeping with the game I can't stand the items that stand out like a sore thumb.

P.S For people who are scared of using CC I can promise you as a Custom Content maker myself and someone who uses it you have very little to fear Sims 4 works a lot better with custom content than the other games.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Currently, I've only played TS4 100% CC free...
    I've had some very unpleasant experiences using CC when playing TS2; which unfortunately corrupted some save files. As a result, this caused me to loose a very important legacy and that put a bad taste in my mouth in regards to using CC going forward. However, I did have to make an exception to this rule when playing TS3 and had to download some mods/fixes in order for the game to function correctly; which I hope is a pattern that doesn't return with TS4 truthfully.
  • Options
    peoplespartypeoplesparty Posts: 250 Member
    CC. I think it makes my sims look nice, and I think sims 4 runs great with CC. I have 1,869 Bits of CC in my game and it runs smoothly. If i had that in Sims 3, However. It would run like a potato :p
    635811694122995745-1577902652_halloweenpumpkinhead.gif

• Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    edited May 2015
    If I were a CC guru and could tell the good ones from the bad ones I will have it in my game because have you seen the CC eyes and hair like they're so gorge; even some of the objects are to scream for.

Also there should be a way for us to be able to keep the CC content in our game whether than uninstall it or whatever when there's a new game update then once the game updates have to worry about if my game is going to crash because the CC is no longer compatible with the new updates. So I save time not having it in my game lol.
  • Options
    EnzoA7XEnzoA7X Posts: 92 Member
    I'm using CC to add two more pairs of glasses, some rave goggles and another hairstyle into the game.
    Just a few little things really. If the same or similar items were added officially, I'd remove the cc, but it's not slowing my performance down or giving me any issues, so all is well :)
    EnzoA7X on here, RakeArmageddon in the Gallery :)