Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC VS NO CC

Comments

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Never used CC, and never plan to.

I like you B)

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • JPG619JPG619 Posts: 460 Member
    I never used CC and never plan to. I been like this since Sims 2. I feel CC breaks my game the same with mods
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I'm guessing you got it from the exchange. I use CC and mods for TS2, 3, and 4.

Just make sure to read the description when you download stuff and organize it. If something goes wrong, check out your mods folder first thing. Organizing can really help narrow down the problem. Never get it from the exchange. The gallery does not carry over CC so that's safe.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • GamerEdge23GamerEdge23 Posts: 32 Member
    I can't live without CC!
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    Without CC the game is ugly. For TS2, CC is needed IMO. The sims are hideous without it (skin replacement CC), and the makeups/hair/clothing options are extremely outdated and poor so I resort to CC for that. Plus I like to have lots of different skin tones, just in case I want to make a specific sim. I have over 1000 articles of CC for TS2 and I can play the game for 12 hours straight with no lag, no glitches, and no crashing.

TS3 CC was different because some of it messed up my game, but I realized all the CC that ruined my game were from TS3 Exchange *shudders*. That place was ridden with bad CC. But now that I'm more educated on the correct sites to go to, TS3 runs perfectly with over 300 articles of CC. In general though, I find the pre-made hairs, textures, and skin tones to be unappealing. I use CC to spice up my game and give me more realistic, better looking hair, makeup, clothing, or furniture.

I use mods in TS2 like InSiminator, InTeenimator, and SimPE. For TS3 I have Nraas' phenomenal mods (Overwatch, MasterController, ErrorTrap, Woohooer, etc.). I just like having complete and utter control over every aspect of the game, and of the sims in my game. I don't like the limitations EA puts on some things, so I use mods to give me more control and fun.
  • simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    If TS4 had CASt then I would probably not have bothered with CC .... as it is nothing matches either in the clothes or furniture sections so yeah , I use a ton of CC just to make my sims and their homes look good
  • 0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    No CC. I have very bad experiences with it in the past. I also think it's very hard to find any CC that actually suits TS4 well enough.

Then again, I'm very picky. Lol.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    CC doesn't make the game weird in general. People state that like cc is guaranteed to mess up your game. It's silly really. I've been downloading and using cc since the Sims 1 and the only negative I can see is the longer loading times. Really though, it's worth it. All the extra content for free.

If you download content from reputable sites you can expect a certain standard of quality.

I think some people try cc in their game, notice something weird and instantly blame that when in actuality it's just the game is full of bugs.

What about them corrupting save files, that is like buying a set-top box without a tv, USELESS, what will you do with the cc if the games get corrupt and each time restart "NO THANKS "!
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    I never use mods or custom content. I don't want it enough to take the chance that it hurts my game. I will stick to whatever game they make for us.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I cant play without cc one of the first things I had to do in Sims 4 was remove the ugly in game grass.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    Okay, bwfore the game released EA said The Sims 4 supports mods (which was only the mod folder >_>), but what kind of game supports mod yet wants us to delete them every patch??? CONTINUITY!!! :P

No, but really they said it supports mod!!

And to me it does in every way.

NOT!

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
    edited May 2015
    The results are (hopefully I didn't miscount) 10 : 20 :'( CC wins by double till now :p
    Post edited by Wulfsimmer on

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    No custom content or mods for me in the sims 4. I used to use it in the sims 2, my older daughter knew reputable sites and knew how to put it in and take it out. I even made a few outfits and uploaded them got an archeology site I had at the time. It was actually quite fun. Using CC did give me a lot more options back then. This time around I am sticking with no CC or mods.... I am getting older, can't remember how to load and unload files anymore. This way if there are glitches I know it isn't CC or mods I have in th game. I plan to buy all the packs Maxis comes out with... So far I am not disappointed with the packs.... However I do want more neighborhoods/ lots, toddlers, and a creative tool for clothes, furniture etc.
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Without cc and mods people are missing out on a lot. I'm not talking about hair & clothes. I'm talking about things that let me store collectables in the toybox, not need to weed & water my gardens (either using a sprinkler or modded plants), lock doors, have a wider range of (and more comfortable) single beds, have a elementary & high school, etc. All these things give me more time with my sims or make the game more enjoyable to me.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
    Shaobun wrote: »
    Without cc and mods people are missing out on a lot. I'm not talking about hair & clothes. I'm talking about things that let me store collectables in the toybox, not need to weed & water my gardens (either using a sprinkler or modded plants), lock doors, have a wider range of (and more comfortable) single beds, have a elementary & high school, etc. All these things give me more time with my sims or make the game more enjoyable to me.

The school mod came in maybe like only 2 days, we didn't miss alot >_<

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    @Farrousy then alter my statement to "are and will be" missing out on a lot. If you never use cc then a year from now you will have missed out on a year of that particular mod (if you've had GTW for a year). Even before that mod came out I still think that I missed out on getting the most enjoyable experience out of my game for the 3 months I didn't have any cc. It was game-changing for me when suddenly I could have furniture, candles, etc that matched (and I loved - my first cc was a "shabby chic" set that I used all the time). Then when I got into it I couldn't believe what else was on offer! I couldn't play TS4 without it.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    edited May 2015
    I can't play this game without the mods that I have now, so definitely CC for me.
    Post edited by NikNak on
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I use cc for my sims in 2 and I will in 4 once I'll try it out again (I miss essential things like eyelashes). My Sims 3 game is cc-less, except for a piano (which I love).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited May 2015
    I use cc and some mods, but I'm really picky about the cc I use in regular gameplay... it has to keep to the art style of the game within reason. When I first started playing TS3 I downloaded a ton of cc hair and ended up getting rid of it because it looked way too out of place and bothered me.

I've been playing around with cc a lot in TS4 in CAS, but I never really use the sims wearing a ton of cc in my game.
    NikNak wrote: »
    I play this game without the mods that I have now, so definitely CC for me.
    Huh???

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • peppapig1993peppapig1993 Posts: 243 Member
    I used quite a lot of CC in Sims 2 as I think it fit in well, I hated the way it looked in Sims 3 though so I used store stuff instead, I haven't really dabbled with CC for Sims 4 yet, but don't really feel the need for it, as I like the art style and am not sure CC would go with it. For the moment I am no CC! :)
    Origin ID: zobosims
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    It's fine for those who want it, but I never use it. I used it a little in Sims 3, but wasn't very well informed about it and it created a big mess, so I just steer clear of it altogether now.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    I have never tried using cc, but I have looked into a few times. I'm just too afraid of it breaking my game. I also kinda like the challenge of making unique sims / builds with a limited supply of options. I also agree with with the others who pointed out that a lot of cc I see around just looks like junk. I have seen a few things that made me go "Oooh" and get tempted, but the majority of things I see just makes me think "Not worth breaking my game over."
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Not a lot of cc but loads of mods to fix the game to my liking, I couldn't have done without the modder fix for the small eyes, wide jaw weirdness.