Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC VS NO CC

Okay!!!
FOR TODAY WE HAVE......!! :D
CC VS NO CC

Comment if you like cc or if you don't and say why!!!

Me:
Personally I downloaded alot of CC in The Sims 3 and my first household got corrupted, the game looked like a broken one, got glitchy, etc....

So in The Sims 4 I got away from any cc or mod, and the results were amazing!! :D
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    No custom content; I have it downloaded in the Sims 4, but I haven't used it yet... I am planning to remove them soon since they are there wasting up precious space.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • The Great Loli SummonerThe Great Loli Summoner Posts: 325 Member
    CC! I wouldn't be able to make all my cute anime sims without them D:
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited May 2015
    No custom content; I have it downloaded in the Sims 4, but I haven't used it yet... I am planning to remove them soon since they are there wasting up precious space.

NEVER WASTE SPACE :open_mouth: JK, but really don't :p

CC makes the game weird, and who is so free and have nothing to do to remove mods and cc every patch >_>

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited May 2015
    CC! I wouldn't be able to make all my cute anime sims without them D:

:p

Till now 2 : 1

P.S: in all other comments no cc will always be before :
    Post edited by Wulfsimmer on

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member
    I've been using CC since the Sims 1. I don't think I would have stuck with playing these games so consistently without the creativity of the community making such fantastic stuff. So... cc forever and always, lol.
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I use cc, and probably always will. I love the creativity I can have with the endless supply of cc.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    I never have used CC (or any mods, for that matter) and don't think I ever will. I've read too many cases of CC/mods messing things up. Add to that, put 'em in, take 'em out (for updates), put 'em back... too much hassle. For me, it's not worth the risk or the effort.
  • jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    edited May 2015
    I only use CC that looks well made and matches the style of the game

Sometimes I go a while without downloading any new stuff for a while because I'm so picky......for example, I really don't like a lot of clothes CC because they look lazily made. A lot of clothing cc seems like they literally took a picture of a real piece of clothing and edited it over the mesh's UV map without cleaning it up or anything, and it looks awful. I guess they think it looks more "realistic" that way but it just looks messy and low quality to me...

Post edited by jsn on
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    I adore cc. Some of it can look very poorly done, but for the most part, the simming community is fabulous about creating really awesome custom content.
    It really helps me to have options. Women love our options and I get bored very easily so to have the ability to choose from 100 hairstyles rather than 15-20, or having the ability to choose from 300 outfits rather than 100 is really fantastic to me.
    There are so many unique things out there for The Sims. I saw that someone had created a giant Bath & Body Works store filled with real BBW products in it that could be sold in GTW.
    The creators of cc are so talented and personally, it does NOT slow my game down and my origin account updates my game automatically for me but I never remove my mods. Havent had any issues thus far.
  • TheOrangeBird01TheOrangeBird01 Posts: 171 Member
    edited May 2015
    So far in Sims 4 I have downloaded over 580 CC items which adds up to nearly 600MBs! And I have had no issues with any of my items (both CAS and build/buy). I really like CC because it can add elements to gameplay that are missing and also can give me better outfits then what are in game lol (especially for guys!)
    tmKZ8py62rDk4.gif
  • MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    Initially I was no CC because I personally wanted all the content in my game to look like it belonged there which if you look at the gallery quite a lot of it doesn't. Recently however I have got into creating my own CC and not to toot my own horn but I think my CC is a lot better because it looks like the stuff actually belongs in the game because I pretty much just add patterns and recolors to the existing clothes.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited May 2015
    After just learning how to do it, I have a few. A CC hoodie that was recolored the right shade of burgundy and a iMac Computer and Gold iPad that's really it. Not really into CC hair, skin and all that other nonsense that is suppose to make sims look "real" Like whoever thought Sims 3 hair looked amazing in the Sims 4... Shutters.

Currently trying to learn how to Change the CAS Background
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    I've been using CC since the Sims 1. I don't think I would have stuck with playing these games so consistently without the creativity of the community making such fantastic stuff. So... cc forever and always, lol.

Same for me!
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    edited May 2015
    How could any PC game player refuse to use CC or even mods? What a bizarre and unstable the PC gaming community is.

Edit: If you're using extra content for this game, you have to be extra careful. I've been seeing a lot of "Remove your CC/mods before patching" threads going around this forum.
  • dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member

This exactly. I just can't handle what EA gives us, I need to spread my wings yo!
    #CCgang4life
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    No CC for me. I don't like how we always have to take out CCs or mods before a patch, just in case it messes up my games. And I have a really bad memory, so I will always forget anyway. XD Thus, I'd better not risk it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    I use mostly maxis match cc & i love it. I'm never going back to no cc...cc creators make way better things than ea/maxis :#
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    None for me yet. I used it in 1 and 2, but the game looks pretty and I'm not tired of it yet. I'd like to go through a few expansions first.
    I'm sure I'll download cc after a few more releases.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    I've always been a huge supporter of the talent men and women who take valuable time out of their lives to make amazing mods for games and, thus, I've always been one to take advantage of said creations. So mark me down for being for CC! But as with most things, I try to keep my CC in moderation. I normally don't download a lot of clothes, furniture, etc so that definitely helps.

Honestly, I'm not sure why these companies never hire some of the modders that they have to see changing their game for the better. lol

• pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    Never used CC, and never plan to.
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    Just mods, no CAS CC anymore for me.
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    CC! How else would I make my elves without it? <3
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Will only speak for Sims 3 but huge no for me for CC,why..the ones that use CC make the most "W baby is deformed how do I..." "X is not working " and "Y is glitching" and "Z is lagging" posts in the history of the forums.Gee Doctor everytime I stick a fork in my eye it bleeds what should I do? Ummm stop sticking pointy metal objects in your eye.Plus CC Sims look odd and all those fish faced plastic surgery rejects with shiny legs that can blind you and the Johhny Bravo guys with abs on their necks always gave me a good laugh.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The Sims 4 has no CAST or color wheel, so yes back to CC I go. I made my own CC in the Sims 1, used a ton of CC in the Sims 2, used a few CC in the Sims 3, and making breaking records of CC usage in the Sims 4. The Sims 4 is actually the most mod and CC friendly game of the series. I mean sure I have to remove the folder before every patch like the Sims 3 and sometimes have to update them, but putting them in is extremely easy this time. Creating CC myself I admit is a bit more challenging. So I love CC and mods. <3
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller