Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tuning Descriptions and XML of combined tuning resource

13...Next

Comments

• ScumbumboScumbumbo Posts: 148 Member
    edited April 2015
    The tables will line up properly in the 010 Editor if line 357 of the binary template file:
    SeekToAlignment(mTable[i].mnRowSize - 1);

is commented out. Not sure who figured this out, but bobdbg on MTS notified me of it and after making that change the tables seemed to line up properly when loading the binary tuning.
  • FogityFogity Posts: 122 Member
    edited April 2015
    @SimGuruModSquad so I looked through the file a bit, and found a table with the data type Object. These usually have a schema attached to them that describes the structure. But these tables have the null offset for these. Does this mean that they are tables of references to existing objects? If this is true, are the offsets calculated from that value's offset in the file? Just want to check so I do not make false assumptions.

Update: I have now implemented references to existing objects, and it seems like I can read the simdata file properly. I have not investigated further, but I think it just is a matter of untangling the xml structure and I will be able to read the tuning from the game files.
    Post edited by Fogity on
    Played since The Sims 1 and now makes mods for The Sims 4:
    Gender Less - Gender neutral pronouns and titles
    Hidden Highlight - Removes the white outline
    Unlocked CAS Parts - Unlocks hidden CAS items
  • FogityFogity Posts: 122 Member
    edited April 2015
    @SimGuruModSquad okey, now I actually have a proper problem. In the combined tuning there are "PackedXmlNode" objects, they have a "children" field which is an object reference. The problem I am having is that I do not know how to determine how many children there are, in my implementation now there is only one child per node, which is obviously wrong. So, how do I know how many children there are?

Update: Again I figured it out soon after I asked. I think that is it, I will test it out and see if there are any problems with it.
    Post edited by Fogity on
    Played since The Sims 1 and now makes mods for The Sims 4:
    Gender Less - Gender neutral pronouns and titles
    Hidden Highlight - Removes the white outline
    Unlocked CAS Parts - Unlocks hidden CAS items
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    @Fogity Good news that you may have it working. lmk how it goes.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    @SimGuruModdSquad , when do you think will we get the new tuning files for the last patch from today? I have quite a few mods and it seems at least one of them makes troubles and needs to be updated. Thank you for all the work that you guys do.
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    @Cyph86 Will be today sometime!
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    @SimGuruModdSquad Thank you so much, that's great!
  • JustAnotherSimsFanJustAnotherSimsFan Posts: 7 New Member
    @SimGuruModSquad Thank you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top