Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What makes Sims 4 better than Sims 3?

Comments

• VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited May 2015
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    I'm not tired of positive threads. I'm not tired of negative threads.

I'm tired of "positive & negative" being the terms used to describe what is actually people either being critical of the game or endorsing it.

How often do we see the game being endorsed in a very negative manner? Yeah, that's still a negative thread or post.

Well, you do have a point there. how about supportive or non-supportive? Enjoying or disappointed? In my defense I use positive and negative because I am not taking as much time as I might could to come up with less divisive words.

I think "positive & negative" is terminology that fanboys came up with in order to paint those critical of the game as "negative" and they got away with it. If you're critical of the game, your opinion is bashed by default because you're "negative."

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member

I'm tired of "positive & negative" being the terms used to describe what is actually people either being critical of the game or endorsing it.

How often do we see the game being endorsed in a very negative manner? Yeah, that's still a negative thread or post.

Well, you do have a point there. how about supportive or non-supportive? Enjoying or disappointed? In my defense I use positive and negative because I am not taking as much time as I might could to come up with less divisive words.

I think "positive & negative" is terminology that fanboys came up with in order to paint those critical of the game as "negative" and they got away with it. If you're critical of the game, your opinion is bashed by default because you're "negative."

Right, there are definite connotations that go along with both words. What is our mind set when we think about a "positive" person vs. a "negative" person? In general, not relating to an opinion they have about a particular thing. I've fallen prey to this trap of connotation pretty easily. Thank you for pointing that out, it's probably something many of us are doing that we don't even realize. On to find a better word to describe, because whether one is happy with Sims 4 or not, I support the right for that person to have either opinion. and coming up with better terms will only better communicate that.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    IT'S A LIE!
    Nothing is better in Sims 4... the minor details are barely worth it.
    LONG LIVE SIMS 3
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited May 2015
    I like Sims 3 more than Sims 4. Sims 3 is at least fun for me, whereas Sims 4 is not. I do not like the task oriented game play. I do not like the whole emotion system. I'll say this as well, while it is easy to game the sim's overall mood to the highest in Sims 3 (just take them to the spa), actual feelings would at least override the mood. Spontaneous mourning. Being creeped out by someone who was inappropriate. Being angry when catching a partner cheating. While you still had the lifetime points ticking away, you had these moodlets that actually influenced actions and reactions.

First time my sim caught her partner kissing someone else, not only did it break up the party they were throwing and she had a moodlet about being betrayed, he had a moodlet about feeling like crap and kept rolling wishes to apologize, to talk to her, etc. While that may not have the same depth as Sims 2, it certainly beats anything Sims 4 has to offer.
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited May 2015

Right, there are definite connotations that go along with both words. What is our mind set when we think about a "positive" person vs. a "negative" person? In general, not relating to an opinion they have about a particular thing. I've fallen prey to this trap of connotation pretty easily. Thank you for pointing that out, it's probably something many of us are doing that we don't even realize. On to find a better word to describe, because whether one is happy with Sims 4 or not, I support the right for that person to have either opinion. and coming up with better terms will only better communicate that.

Correct and accurate terminology could be something like critical, critiquing VS endorsement, endorsing.

Since day one here there has never been a shortage of people who endorse the game in a very negative manner. Directly suggesting to people critiquing something to shut up for example, that is a very negative manner in which to endorse something.

• windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    windweaver wrote: »
    Look for those who say this kind of thread is unnecessary, please remember this is someone else's opinion of the game and does not have to match up to your own. I feel there is a place for this kind of thread in the Sims 4 section, and that people who have paid for the game but are disappointed in it do not have to feel they should just jump ship and go back to Sims 3 (though they can if they want to do that.)

By creating these threads, EA will get a better idea of what they are doing wrong, just as positive threads will let them know what they are doing right. Both types of threads need to exist. It's called feedback.

I'm not tired of positive threads. I'm not tired of negative threads. I AM tired of people telling other people that their opinion isnt wanted/necessary and they should "go play Sims 3." Or isn't the money that those disappointed in Sims 4 spent just as important as the money those who do like Sims 4 spent?

Well said jcp!

Thank you. I really liked your response on the first page because even though it didn't match up with my opinion, it wasn't disrespectful in the slightly or bash someone else's opinon. A question was asked about opinion and you answered it. I wish more people were like you! :D

Well, thank you. That's a nice thing to say. :)

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    Nothing in my option. Sims 4 may not lag but it has no open world, no toddlers, no cars, list goes on.
  • AmotAmot Posts: 700 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    I like Sims 3 more than Sims 4. Sims 3 is at least fun for me, whereas Sims 4 is not. I do not like the task oriented game play. I do not like the whole emotion system. I'll say this as well, while it is easy to game the sim's overall mood to the highest in Sims 3 (just take them to the spa), actual feelings would at least override the mood. Spontaneous mourning. Being creeped out by someone who was inappropriate. Being angry when catching a partner cheating. While you still had the lifetime points ticking away, you had these moodlets that actually influenced actions and reactions.

First time my sim caught her partner kissing someone else, not only did it break up the party they were throwing and she had a moodlet about being betrayed, he had a moodlet about feeling like crap and kept rolling wishes to apologize, to talk to her, etc. While that may not have the same depth as Sims 2, it certainly beats anything Sims 4 has to offer.
    Yeah, I don't see where people say the Sims in Sims 3 are "lifeless".

TS4 Sims seem to be on Prozac than anything else. :D
    Let them eat cake.
  • Raynic781Raynic781 Posts: 205 Member
    I like CAS and how the sims look in Sims 4. But I miss the open world and story progression that was in Sims 3.
  • DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    If one can look past the fact we lost CaSt, I would say both CAS and Build mode are improvements. Other than that the rest of the game feels like a step backwards. Even the major selling points (smarter more emotional sims) haven't really seen any improvements. The sims are dumber than ever, and while they are certainly more animated in the emotional displays I wouldn't really consider them more emotional in any way related to real life.
  • bowiecasualtybowiecasualty Posts: 62 Member
    Tbh I'm a bit disapointed with CAS. I liked that I was able to download different mods and sliders in the previous game, it seems that if you're unhappy with the control on ts4 there's nothing you can do about it. You get a lot of freedom, but not enough. But apart from that, I think sims 4 is way better
    tumblr_m7h64cQNLm1qdp7wqo1_500_zpsf8obocq4.gif
  • bowiecasualtybowiecasualty Posts: 62 Member
    I hated that on ts3 you couldn't get a desert world unless you bought Lucky Palms. On ts4 you can alternate between desert and greenery, which I think is the best thing about the game
    tumblr_m7h64cQNLm1qdp7wqo1_500_zpsf8obocq4.gif
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    The CAS and Build/Buy mode (in my opinion) are definitely way better than previous games, so that could be one reason. As for actual gameplay, it's debatable. The Sims 4 hasn't been out for a long time like The Sims 3 has. There are still many years of expansion packs, patches, game packs, etc to be released. The Sims 3 didn't start out the way it is now. It took time.

Regardless, I'm definitely sick of hearing/seeing this whole "Sims 3 VS Sims 4" argument. The debate is stupid. Stop comparing the two games... they're different. They're not meant to be the same!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Personal preference maybe? That's all I can think of.

As for me I don't see S4 being better than anything, even Freeplay seemed more fun.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Well, for me, anything is better than Sims 3, including watching paint peel.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    The CAS and Build/Buy mode (in my opinion) are definitely way better than previous games, so that could be one reason. As for actual gameplay, it's debatable. The Sims 4 hasn't been out for a long time like The Sims 3 has. There are still many years of expansion packs, patches, game packs, etc to be released. The Sims 3 didn't start out the way it is now. It took time.

Regardless, I'm definitely sick of hearing/seeing this whole "Sims 3 VS Sims 4" argument. The debate is stupid. Stop comparing the two games... they're different. They're not meant to be the same!

If they didn't want us to compare Sims 4 to Sims 3, 2, and 1 then they shouldn't have named it Sims 4. The 4 implies it is the sequel and thus builds on what we had, not remove features and give us half baked ones.
    dmel25 wrote: »

If they didn't want us to compare Sims 4 to Sims 3, 2, and 1 then they shouldn't have named it Sims 4. The 4 implies it is the sequel and thus builds on what we had, not remove features and give us half baked ones.

I agree and somewhat disagree. Ideally it would build on what we have. But you know, this is Sims 4. How many 4th movies in a movie series are really that great? :o
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.

I agree and somewhat disagree. Ideally it would build on what we have. But you know, this is Sims 4. How many 4th movies in a movie series are really that great? :o

I had to LOL your post because I actually can't think of any movie series where the 4th movie was good... well liked the 4th Harry Potter movie, but I thought the 3rd one was better.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    The only thing I like better for Sims 4 is the emotions. Besides that, nothing.

(Also, I like Sims 3 better than Sims 2 as well.)
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif

I had to LOL your post because I actually can't think of any movie series where the 4th movie was good... well liked the 4th Harry Potter movie, but I thought the 3rd one was better.

Oooh Harry Potter may be the lone exception. Still, I think Sims 4 falls more into the 4th Jaws or Aliens movie quality line.

The Sims 4 emotions are the worst we have had yet... they make no sense as the sims are always happy, even if they walk in on their partner doing it with another sim, or someone they care about dies. Sims 2 had the most realistic emotions, and it didn't need a giant UI to tell you how they felt.

Oooh Harry Potter may be the lone exception. Still, I think Sims 4 falls more into the 4th Jaws or Aliens movie quality line.

I see. The Jaws movies did progressively get worse.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member

Sims 2 had better emotions than 4. I feel like (forgive me if I'm wrong) the only reason you said that is because you see something telling you what your sim is feeling.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2015
    I don't know... I don't think any are better but to the person who likes them.

I love the crisp and clear look of TS3. Once I got a graphics card which could see it all...

I loved the Game play of TS2- they're just so fun.

TS4 annoys me in that it's blurry (I even spent several hundred dollars to get a better card), in that the objects in the world *are so flat, in that the body language is over exaggerated, in that from the start I feel left out of what I can create. So,
  • moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    I don't get it when people say sims4 CAS is better because I actually prefer the sims3 version. I like those sliders that I know exactly the scales. I do realize that sims4 allows us to adjust the sim body the way sims3 can't though, but that doesn't bothered me much in sims3.

I can't decide whose build mode is better, 4 or 3. They all have their own advantages. The only meaningful advancements in sims4 build mode for me are shiftable widows and objects, molecular counters, open basements, and maybe movable houses. Ok those are a lot of wonderful advancements lol. I can't build without the cfe cheat though, not by a long shot. I also can't stand the dim indoor lighting :\

There are some gameplay features that I think sims4 is definitely better: multi-task sims, and functioning double beds with one side against the wall. And maybe some Get to Work features, I haven't bought that one though. Because in every other way I consider the sims3 so much better...
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Okay so I see a lot people say Sims 4 is better than Sims 3 because it runs so much smoother than Sims 3... Technical issues aside because both Sims 3 and Sims 4 run really well for people, and really bad for people, so the whole point that one runs better is the reason you like it is kind of null and void.

Seriously, aside from technical issues what makes Sims 4 better than Sims 3? I am leaving Sims 2 out of the equation here because it tops both to be honest. I see people say the Sims aren't lifeless robots like in Sims 3, I will give you that one, but it seems they replaced lifeless robots with unrealistically happy all the time sims, how is that better? If anything Sims 3's lifeless sims make more sense because you aren't always standing around smiling, making weird face expressions, at least I don't know anyone who is like that. Sims 2 sims were the most realistic if you ask me.

People say the emotions are the best in this game, and I am like how? They can watch a sim they care about them cheat or die and IF they even notice it they sometimes don't even care, how is that realistic? I will give you an example of good emotions, I was playing Sims 3 the other day and my sim invited his daughter over to have a birthday party for her. There were like 15 sims there and she aged up after blowing out the candles and erveryone was cheering and happy. And then all of the sudden this old woman at the party died from old age, and EVERYONE in the house was shocked and they all became sad and were standing around with a sad look on their face as they watched her talk with the Grim Reaper before moving on. That is real emotions, unlike Sims 4.

People say the graphics are good in Sims 4, and again I have to ask how? There are no textures. Sims 2 had better textures than Sims 4.

I will give it to Sims 4 the CAS and Build mode are good, I love how you can pick up whole rooms and stuff like that, but other than those two things how is Sims 4 better than it's predecessors?
    1. I've been playing Sims 2 today again, still don't see the magic. I played my little family for a while (dragged around bottles, picked up my baby from the floor several times (when my own sims don't put him there the neighbour does), did the weeds (hours and hours and hours), wondered why my toddler was yelling in her crib while she was doing alright and then she grew up and she's really ugly :(). Then I closed the game and started Sims 3. I'm still playing as we speak (I won't bore you with all the things I'm doing in the game but I forgot time, again).
    2. Sims are robots, they all are. It's the player that brings them to life.
    3. I think the emotions in 4 are a joke; emotions in 3 just do what they're supposed to do.
    4. My sim is staying in this mansion right now and while playing I'm constantly admiring the graphics of beautiful Bridgeport in the distance. No fake backdrop can beat that.
    5JZ57S6.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top