Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW UPDATE TODAY! :) With Star Wars costumes and no toddlers....

Comments

• Options
    shrr0744shrr0744 Posts: 18 Member
    I think the creators are more of a bunch of star wars fan than they are Sims fans. WTH is with more star wars crap!?!?!?!?!?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    @rudy8292, I'm not saying we don't need those things. But the level of hype people had worked themselves into since Friday was well on the way to leaving the galaxy. Me, I was just interested to see that there seemed to be more than bug fixes (which we'd already been told about in part). What more there is other than costumes we won't know till we see what the "improvements" part is in the patch notes.

Not getting into a long discussion about toddlers and how software development works and all that. There are THOUSANDS of those here already, particularly about toddlers. I don't even want to ever type the word again, personally.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    why dont they do star wars ad plum in onther game i dont want this plum

They have a contract with Disney. It's true.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,590 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Family orientated players are waiting for MONTHS for toddlers.

With every patch they are still hoping that they will include toddlers, but every time they get disappointed, again and again.
    That's why I lost my hope, my expectations and my patience with this game.
    A person can only wait for so long. I'm not waiting any more.

But, ya know, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until I see the patch notes later. Maybe there is a miraculous surprise amongst those Star Wars costumes that they've failed to mention :D

0190_792_125.gif

• Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    MrSimmis wrote: »
    What were you depressive bunch expecting? Toddlers? Be realistic at least.

its the sims game not stars war world we should not be expecting this plum

It's a day of celebration for fans of Star Wars and the Sims 4 team clearly have something with Star Wars considering we already have a few outfits in game.

• Options
    DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    I am a huge Star Wars fan, but I was really hoping for... idk.. something else, something more substantial. I guess I should know better by now.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited May 2015
    EmberDahl wrote: »
    Well I should imagine being as it's a advert for the film, a hefty fee must have been paid by Disney to have this promotion in the Sims - therefore it is in their interests to make these dull little product placement costumes. If it funds the developers wages to make the fixes and missing content then fair enough- at least I hope it was purely an advertising deal, because the alternative is that EA has paid for the rights to put this pointless stuff in.

Nope EA has all the Star Wars gaming rights

• Options
    OmarSPiedraOmarSPiedra Posts: 44 Member
    It's my own fault for getting my hopes up and over-estimating The Sims Team's abilities.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2015
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Why the plum did Rachel Facebook Franklin call it fun? what is fun aboyt star wars costumes? Please enlighten me.

For your stories, Bon. You know you want to create a Star Wars story, don't you? They have to do this, it's in the Disney contract.

ETA: http://www.ea.com/news/ea-and-disney-team-up-on-new-star-wars-games
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    You know, seeing as this happens a lot on the forums, perhaps, just perhaps, the Sims team needs to find a new way of promoting that doesn't end up with a lot of people disappointed and/or angry with other fans berating the first group for getting their hopes up.

Me, I expected nothing but a Yoda gnome ;) I hope the bugfixes make the game playable for me.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Sul Sul!

We’re releasing a patch today that includes some cool Star Wars goodness!

The free Update will include three new costumes to celebrate May 4th: Boba Fett, Darth Maul, and Jedi Master Aayla Secura. The costumes look really cool, and we think you’ll love them.

There’s a lot more to the patch than those costumes. This patch has a ton of bug fixes and improvements. The full patch notes will be posted on the forums soon, so you’ll be able to get the full run-down there.

May the Fourth Be With You!
    -The Sims Team

www.simsvip.com

OMG! I thought this was another joke! and now that I find out it's true, I'm not laughing (or maybe I'm dying of hysteria!?) :D>:):#
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Why the plum did Rachel Facebook Franklin call it fun? what is fun aboyt star wars costumes? Please enlighten me.

For your stories, Bon. You know you want to create a Star Wars story, don't you? They have to do this, it's in the Disney contract.

Hang on , disney like dogs (Lady and the Tramp) and Toddlers (Monsters Inc) so we'll be getting Pets and Toddlers next patch , yay
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    Hate Star Wars. Hate costumes.

The hype train is about to crash!
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Why are they adding more Star Wars costumes??? They should be adding Lord of the Rings costumes so Bon can truly make Gollumina!!!
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    Oh. my. god.

This is even worse than I feared. Let´s hope that the fixes are good at least.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    shrr0744shrr0744 Posts: 18 Member
    Also are the bug fixes actually gonna fix 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or just screw it up more, everyday i get up and think"im gonna play" then i find something more exciting to do, like walk the dog , i just cant believe this is what the sims have come to
  • Options
    xxLeilaaxxLeilaa Posts: 57 Member
    I am secretly hoping that the Gurus are just fooling us after reading the forum all weekend and that the Star Wars costumes are not really in there. But that's wishful thinking I guess. Oh well, as long as the bug fixes are good.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,044 Member
    Well, thank heavens Zerbu had mercy on us and released his mod yesterday, or I'd be really depressed right now. Meh, I say EA, MEH!
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---