Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Apple World in CAW

Comments

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    My house:

screenshot-50.jpg

Hanging out in Newton Park:

screenshot-53.jpg

And the town hall with one of my old uploads opposite:

screenshot-54.jpg

apple-signature.png
  • AshpeefAshpeef Posts: 173 Member
    Just down loaded your world and park. It works and looks great! Placing Newton Park went smoothly; it's bound to be one of the top priority places to go. Great fun to see all these Apple and Sims Forums names used too. Though I didn't expect you'd reserve a lot for me as well.

So now I feel honour bound to upload a Sim for that place. Well, it's old and needed some repairs but I managed to upload my Kattecop Household consisting of Kitty, a YA you might recognise, and her cat Mauw — without any of their history, so they are 'freshly minted' unemployed and skill-less Sims. On the other hand, I noticed that now this family uses not only an EA store item for outdoor wear, but apparently even something from the Katy Perry Pack! :( By far my least favourite one, and still I got it used somehow. Jikes! and Ugh!

As I hardly ever used the exchange, I'm not sure I did it right and everyone can DL it, but I do hope so. If you want them and encounter any problems, please let me know how to properly get things done.

PS: This was my first household for the Pets EP, way back then. Hence the cat and the 'Cat Person' trait, the riding gear and (living in Appaloosa Plains) her choice of music. Her face later became, more or less accidentally, 'my' portrait on the forums. A bit weird, as actually I'm male. But I liked the mug shot, so...
  • caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    Hooray - I have downloaded iWorld! If only it could be installed with that bloomin' launcher eh!

Thanks BluebellFlora for this - it's going to be fun!
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
    caspinwall wrote: »
    Hooray - I have downloaded iWorld! If only it could be installed with that bloomin' launcher eh!

Thanks BluebellFlora for this - it's going to be fun!

It should do. I had to open the Launcher first then double click on the world to install it. And you're more than welcome, I had the idea years ago when I first started playing with CAW, just never got round to doing it!

apple-signature.png
    After a brief battle with the launcher, I won! Lovely iWord and Newton Park should now be available in my game. I just need to wait for the coffee pot and get a little slice of parkin and then I will go check it out.

<3
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
    Aw, it's such a nice little world. I didn't have time this afternoon to build any new properties so I chucked in a bunch of ready-made ones.

Here I am in my beach house. Oh yeah! B)

iWorld_01.jpg

So nice to live on the beach. I can just stroll out and walk into the sea at any moment!

BluebellFlora is going to live in Gardener's Lodge for a little while until I organise more superior accommodation for the sims :)

iWorld_02.jpg

Nice to meet you. Let's go on a day trip!

Heading out to Newton Park on the leaf. Always enjoy a trip in a water taxi!

iWorld_03.jpg

A relaxing afternoon of reading and setting fire to marshmallows. The trees are so beautiful.

iWorld_04.jpg

iWorld_05.jpg

I bet this park is lovely at night with all the little lights on.

Chilling out at Yosemite Park, pretending to know how to win at chess!

iWorld_06.jpg

That was a bit too much cerebral work, so they headed off to catch a matinee at the theatre instead.

iWorld_07.jpg

Really good fun and totally gorgeous!

GeneralSig_SF_03.png
    Oh I love it! And don't we look happy and relaxed :) I love your houses Caspin, they're gorgeous.
    apple-signature.png
    I forgot to add that there is no CC at all, not even store content, in the world. But it does use stuff from all EPs, apart from Showtime.
    apple-signature.png
  • tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    Oooof. Is there stuff from ITF? ITF kept crashing for me. I had to uninstall it altogether.
    tamalinn wrote: »
    Oooof. Is there stuff from ITF? ITF kept crashing for me. I had to uninstall it altogether.

I think it may do. But if it does then it's nothing major. The trees are from Ambitions and WA. There are no ITF community rabbit holes, or objects. You'll be fine :)
    apple-signature.png
    @Ashpeef do you have a link to your Sim?
    apple-signature.png
    edited May 2015
    Uploaded to the exchange so it should be at the 'My Studio' page. I can reach it by:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8647296

Hope that helps/works?

Asking and doubting, because I just now tried to use a similar-looking link in a previous post from Caspinwall (this thread, third page) which only brought me to the bus driver sitting in front of his bus, aka 'Dude, where's my car?' stating 'This item is no longer available'.
    Post edited by Ashpeef on
    Your link is fine Ashpeef, don't worry. My link doesn't work now as EA deleted my sim from the Exchange.
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
    Thanks, good to know.

But EA deleting your Sim? That, ehr, 'plums'. Do you still have your own back up of her? I would be interested for use in iWorld!
    Got her - thank you :D
    apple-signature.png
    I do still have the file, no worries. I could try uploading again or if you were happy to message me an email address I can send it to you direct. Whichever you prefer. It will be good to have everyone's sims for iWorld :)
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
    Go for a re-upload; that way the others could DL her too.

A caveat about 'me': Kitty Kattecop might be associated with Ashpeef (I certainly do) but I never made a real self-sim. For one, there's no functional wheelchair in the Sims, and even then EA is way too fond of stairs, steps and platforms for those to be of any use. ;)
    I can ma
    Ashpeef wrote: »
    Go for a re-upload; that way the others could DL her too.

A caveat about 'me': Kitty Kattecop might be associated with Ashpeef (I certainly do) but I never made a real self-sim. For one, there's no functional wheelchair in the Sims, and even then EA is way too fond of stairs, steps and platforms for those to be of any use. ;)

That's ok, so long as you're living in iWorld :)

apple-signature.png
    @caspinwall, can you reupload? I didn't download your sim in time. :(
    edited May 2015
    New Exchange link below. We'll see how long I last this time :)

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8648303

I also need to DL the rest of you and then we wait the arrival of Tremayne ;)
    Post edited by caspinwall on
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
    If anyone needs a fire station, Yoteamo's is lovely and CC free. I've used it before in Peculiar Place and it's fully functional. It's a 20x20 lot.

http://yoteamosims.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/community-fire-house.html

apple-signature.png
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I'll upload her shortly. Probably this evening when I get home. Can't wait to play!
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    Whoo!