The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you make a pond with fish?

Would like to make one on a residential lot, but I'm also trying to build a park, so fish would be nice.
I have this little store...let's just say it's, made for good. ;)
https://etsy.com/shop/Made4Good

Comments

• sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    We don't have a pond tool as of yet, but you can buy pond objects for fishing in buydebug to place on your lots.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    That's something I d like to see patched in.
  • CrazyJennyCrazyJenny Posts: 413 Member
    We don't have a pond tool as of yet, but you can buy pond objects for fishing in buydebug to place on your lots.

I have no clue how to do that. Could you explain it to me?
    I have this little store...let's just say it's, made for good. ;)
    https://etsy.com/shop/Made4Good
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    You can put the cheat in: bb.showhiddenobjects. Then type in debug in the search box, and buydebug items will be there. There are fishing spot signs that you can then put in water, and create a fishing pond.
  • AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    Modthesims has buyable ponds that you can put anywhere.
    http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=535761

That particular creator also has buyable mailboxes, lot entrances (to the hidden lots) that you can put on your own property, as well as buyable dig sites (the little shiny rocks where you get gems and stuff).
  • TessaLee74TessaLee74 Posts: 278 Member
    With the showhiddenobjects cheat enabled you can put the same pond that's in the pre-made parks on your property. It's a great thing to have when you want to make ambrosia. No more traveling for angelfish. ;)
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    How do you make a pond with fish?
    You can't, they just won't dig - they're stupid - you can't just give them shovels, they simply won't dig.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Ashkevron wrote: »
    Modthesims has buyable ponds that you can put anywhere.
    http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=535761

That particular creator also has buyable mailboxes, lot entrances (to the hidden lots) that you can put on your own property, as well as buyable dig sites (the little shiny rocks where you get gems and stuff).

I have that mod and the fish automatically come with the pond. They also have a mod where you can put fish in a existing pond. :D

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Using bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.moveobjects I use the Gone Fishing signs on the fountain water to create ponds in my parks. Just something to do.
    12-22-14_2-28nbspAM.png
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • AndyBrainsAndyBrains Posts: 218 Member
    Bump to make this buyable in buydebug. :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    AndyBrains wrote: »
    Bump to make this buyable in buydebug. :)
    It is. It's in buydebug aka bb.showhiddenobjects.

You can place it on your homelot this way.
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    Using bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.moveobjects I use the Gone Fishing signs on the fountain water to create ponds in my parks. Just something to do.

Is adding the Gone Fishing signs what actually allows you to fish in the fountain? Or is there a fish spawner that must be placed like in TS3?
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • fabtiffsimfabtiffsim Posts: 1,008 Member
    I can't get my hiddenobjects to work properly all of a sudden... I've put testingcheats enabled or used true or on... and also the bb.hiddenobjects and I'm seeing some of the stuff, but not all of the stuff. I can't get debug to work in the search panel. The only thing that comes up is debug in stairways and I can't get it to show me anything else. I've tried changing the lot type to generic, residential and I can't get anything to work. HALP PLES
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    fabtiffsim wrote: »
    I can't get my hiddenobjects to work properly all of a sudden... I've put testingcheats enabled or used true or on... and also the bb.hiddenobjects and I'm seeing some of the stuff, but not all of the stuff. I can't get debug to work in the search panel. The only thing that comes up is debug in stairways and I can't get it to show me anything else. I've tried changing the lot type to generic, residential and I can't get anything to work. HALP PLES

Type "debug" in the catalogue search bar or use the filters on the right to filter content "debug"

For fishing specific items you can search for "Fishing"
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member

Hello.
    Check to make sure that you are typing
    bb.showhiddenobjects
    and are not missing typing the " show"part of the cheat code.
    @EmmaVane @rosemow I've done all of these things, and I can find other debug things, but I can't find everything, like the fish ponds, the veggies, the abandoned mine.... when I try to use the search panel on the side it will only go to "debug in stair railings" and I've tried the debug filter on the right side too.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    @EmmaVane @rosemow I've done all of these things, and I can find other debug things, but I can't find everything, like the fish ponds, the veggies, the abandoned mine.... when I try to use the search panel on the side it will only go to "debug in stair railings" and I've tried the debug filter on the right side too.

Turn on "bb.showhiddenobjects"
    Set the filter on the right to Content > Debug
    Type "fishing" in the search bar on the left and press Enter

287fa9d71b.png

Scroll through the catalogue and see various fishing signs that each spawn different fish.

43aadaa9f8.png

Some signs cover a larger pond area than others so look for where fish are splashing in live mode and adjust position if needed.

• ST7_MTNMANST7_MTNMAN Posts: 172 Member
    CrazyJenny wrote: »
    Would like to make one on a residential lot, but I'm also trying to build a park, so fish would be nice.

You can do this without the cheat buybug or whatever it is called! Follow these steps very simple.

1) Go into live mode with any sim you play with.

2) Go to manage worlds.

3) Find the park that has the landscape around the pond that will fit your needs. (I only have two desert and Oasis not sure if there are other in the other packs i don't have)

4) Click on save lot to library if you don't have it already.

5) Go into build mode and sledgehammer everything but the pond. (be sure to hit the arrow buttons for the different leveled buildings to delete the roofs)

6) Then click on move lot and move the pond to the edge of the plot of land closest to you therefore allowing you to place it on a smaller lot other than 50x50. (simply b/c you can see it better later after next step)

7) Then click save lot and the pond will save on the lot allowing you to place it on any lot afterwards.

Now keep in mind this is for an instance when you know you want a pond and want to build around it initially otherwise the buybug cheat will allow you to do it later. Hope this helps! Just another way to do it and it allows you to have the pond saved as a lot to start with later!

Thanks for posting that @EmmaVane but I had actually tried all of that too... I have no idea what was wrong but I just stopped trying for a few days and now it works again. This game makes me want to pull my hair out some days!!!
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I just use the buyable ones from the modthesims. I also made a duck spawner using s4s.
    Aw cool! Where is the duck spawner @CrackFox ?
    I wanted to try and make something without the mods so I could upload it. I guess it just wants to work when it wants to and it doesn't care about when I want it to work
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

EmmaVane wrote: »

Turn on "bb.showhiddenobjects"
    Set the filter on the right to Content > Debug
    Type "fishing" in the search bar on the left and press Enter

287fa9d71b.png

Scroll through the catalogue and see various fishing signs that each spawn different fish.

43aadaa9f8.png

Some signs cover a larger pond area than others so look for where fish are splashing in live mode and adjust position if needed.

Thanks for this.
  • peightonpeighton Posts: 2 New Member
    Do you have to add your own fish when doing it debug style or will it have all the different types already?
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    The signs act like spawners (there are different ones that produce different type of fish) so when you place the sign you create a fishing spot so you don't need to do anything else to stock the area that the sign covers.
    ~ ~ ~