Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you the builder Sims in River view Needs ? (The winners are)

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited May 2015
    Okay, here's my last entry for you.

Username: ciane
    Entry Type Number: 1
    Lot type: Festival lot
    Name of lot: Fantastic Fun
    Size of lot: 30x64 (on the old city hall lot)
    lot value: 80,017
    DL link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8645304
    Spawners: Yes. Deleted the seed spawner on the EA lot and added a wildflower one for Spring.
    Short descriptive story about the lot: Once upon a time, a city hall sat on this lot. But, it was a pretentious building. So the citizens of Riverview tore it down and relocated it to a smaller lot. Thus, lots of room was opened up for the good Sims of this town to enjoy the fun passing of the seasons here.
    Five pictures:
    l2wd_original.jpg

l0wd_original.jpg

l0wu_original.jpg

l1wd_original.jpg

l1wu_original.jpg

• geneticbitsgeneticbits Posts: 251 Member
    Welll... I didn't read that until now and I already finished that. The good news is I was able to get it to upload to the exchange. The bad news is I forgot to get screenshots first! Doh! So now I'm replacing all those files I cleared lol Hopefully this works!
  • AriyAriyAriyAriy Posts: 322 Member
    When does this end? I'm almost done and as long as I get my internet to work right on my laptop I will be uploading tonight :)
    I have four hours til midnight my time.

Gorgeous lots! I have you rec'd @Silvakristiina and I love yours too @oiswise.
  • TeegersTeegers Posts: 816 Member
    oiswise wrote: »
    Thank you so much. I am making all this art as a gift to all my fellow simmers who would like to have it. Please feel free to use any of the art I make in your own game or in your future builds.

As for the art... it is all MADE IN GAME. There are both photos the sims took with their cameras and paintings they painted.

Its important for me to point out that if you want to upload a build with a sim made PAINTING on the wall... DO NOT FRAME your PAINTING. If it is framed when people download they will not have your painting in their copy of your build. The first house I did was FULL of paintings and I framed them all... lol so that is important to know. Because of this I never frame any painting in my game, so I don't know if they can be recolored.

If you want to recolor the frame of a PHOTO you do it in buy mode, like any other object, hit the paint palate symbol near the hand etc in the left bottom corner. The hard part is getting the thin little frame highlighted instead of stuff near it like the wall. Then you can change the color and or texture of the frame.

I'm not sure what you meant but of course I would LOVE you to have Gaea or any of my sims that you want. Let me know what you want me to do if anything with link. Did not go to it. I am still trying like crazy to get this gallery done in time for deadline. I just need to change it to community lot and get it photographed etc.

That is awesome - I had always tried framing my works and then of course, they'd disappear, so I never realized you could actually upload sim artwork. Thank you! :)

The link goes to another thread where I asked if people would share their sims and their background story. I'm hoping to eventually replace all the sims in all the EA worlds (except maybe for the very few who have actual storylines). It's so hard for me to get caught up in the life of a sim without a good story - and if I am playing one, I find myself frustrated because I don't want any of their generations to marry town sims that don't have interesting backgrounds. :)

There's absolutely no rush though, I'm sure this will be a very long-term project. Right now I'm playing with aging turned off on my sims as I start to build up the towns some. :)
    Hi, I'm Te-ge (pronounced TG)
    Origin ID: Teegers1
    Steam: Teegers
  • geneticbitsgeneticbits Posts: 251 Member
    edited May 2015
    Username ; geneticbits
    Entry TypeNumber ; 10
    Lot type ; Live Show Venue
    Name of lot ; MegaCorp Entertainment Center
    Size of lot ; 64x64
    lot value ; 272,378 (furnished)
    DL link ; thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8645310
    Spawners ; No

Short discriptive story about the lot ;
    So many performers have put on shows at this venue that many are now coming back for another tour! Three Men & a Llama always sells out quickly so buy your tickets early from Ticketmasim (a subsidiary of MegaCorp)

Five pictures ;
    Streetview
    Screenshot-3.jpg

Gift Shop View 1
    Screenshot-4.jpg

Play Ground
    Screenshot-7.jpg

Seating & Stage
    Screenshot-8.jpg

And every concert venue needs a "juice" garden!
    Screenshot-10.jpg

More pictures, including a close-up of the stage and other viewing angles, can be viewed here

(Edited to add lot value)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited May 2015
    Your Fantastic Fun festival lot looks great! @ciane :) It looks great how you have different activities for the sims to enjoy visiting the lot at different seasons through the year and have fun doing different activities. It is nice pictures that you have taken which show the different activities depending on the season. It is nice that there is a music stage through all the seasons of the year. Sims will enjoy playing the musical instruments or enjoy listening to the music being played. Child sims will have fun riding the spring riders, playing in the sand pit and climbing the tree house.
    It is a very nice place to enjoy visiting all year around :)
    MegaCorp Entertainment Centre is a great concert and entertainment venue! @geneticbits :) The layout of the build is great! The big signage at the front of the venue with the time on it is great for sims to see as they are approaching the venue. The triangular signage and blue lights billboard at the front entrance area is very nice! It looks great how you have done the car parking area! The posters on the exterior walls, advertising what concerts are coming up looks great! It is nice that you have a gift shop where sims can come and enjoy buying items. The photo frames and towels on the shelves, and the neon sign lights on the walls look great! Very nice kids playground! Child sims will have fun there playing on the playground equipment, riding the spring riders, playing in the sandpit and have fun using the activity table, whilst other members of the family are watching the concert. The stage area is great! It looks great how you have set up the light and stage effects items. It looks nice how you have placed the seats for sims to enjoy coming and sitting on to watch the performances. The bar area patio is very nice! It looks very nice how you have set up the tables and chairs there for sims to enjoy sitting and having a drink from the bar and a chat. It is great that you have a keg there for sims to get a drink from. The sims will have great views of the performances whilst sitting at the tables. Nice patio for sims to enjoy getting food from the food stands or a snowcone from the snowcone maker and enjoy sitting at the nearby table eating it.
    It is a very nice place for sims to enjoy visiting to watch performances and enjoy eating food and have a drink as well. :)
  • oiswiseoiswise Posts: 482 Member
    edited May 2015
    Its 2:30 AM here so not sure if this is to late for the entry to count... either way its DONE and on the exchange. ALL the ART is meant to be a gift to all my simmer friends, and those I yet to meet :) Use them in your own game or in a build to upload if you see some you like.

thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8645522

so there is the link now I will work on the entry form....
    Username ;
    Entry TypeNumber ; 8
    Lot type ; Art Gallery
    Name of lot ; GIFT ~ Art of the Fae Gallery, FREE ART, Simfu, Ballet, Nectar
    Size of lot ; 30x40
    lot value ; oh shoot, I forgot to check... will edit when I know
    DL link ; thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8645522
    Spawners ; No

"Oh, there goes the neighborhood!" was a phrase that was being said all over Riverview when Gae and Eva, two fairies, inherited the Lemon Chateau (30x40) located at 15 Poplar Dr.

Protests ensued. A town meeting was held. The Lemon Chateau was declared a town treasure. The votes came back almost unanimous. The mayor declared... "Oh this town is colorful enough with your hair already, we DON'T want you to turn that lovely house into an eyesore."

Gae and Eva had to sign waivers that they understood how serious the town felt about ANY exterior changes to the building. After some negotiations they were allowed to put 2 fairy houses outside, so long as they not be of "too garish" a color.

The fairies were thrilled. They decided to make it their MISSION to be "Good Will Ambassadors of the Fae". That is when they decided to make this house into a place where the neighbors could come relax and have a good time.

Sure, they may just be coming for the free nectar their friend Lilly made, to jam, or to train in the arts of simfu and ballet... BUT they would be surrounded by paintings and photos of fairies. Hopefully in time the Art of the Fae Gallery (where everything is free) will help Riverview's founding citizens learn to embrace the fact that there are more and more fairies in town.

Five pictures ;
    Additional pics can be seen in the slideshow in my studio when you hit the download link.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

There is a lot in this next pic and on the fringes of it. Let's see the nectar was all made by my sim Lilly Fields and has fun names, pizza oven (in my experience I have not been able to keep a reg. stove in a community lot) some bottles of blessing of the fae, toy oven, indoor eating area, and just on the other side of the wall behind the panaramic pic of fairies eating is a blue treasure chest with a TON more art, and some lucky coins (give good moodlet to sim carrying one), youth potion, and death flowers on the floor next to the chest.
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

PS. its almost 5AM now. I redid the fishing hole to do a lot of painting and photos and can upload it as a small park if you want, I had fun mooing outdoor fridge and pizza oven into rocks trying to make them blend in. Its also where the shower pic of idontrcall's sim and illusie's fairy napping on a bench were done lol and a bunch more. But right now I have to crash.

Hugs to all, looking forward to checking out all the entries that came in as I was working on all this art. Seriously would be thrilled to hear from someone that they found some of my art they want to use.

But if you want the fishing hole (you can surf there now) its all done just needs me to take a few pics and upload. Also in the days to come I will be uploading my newest fairy who you will find in a bunch of pics in my gallery (and was part of the back story), Eva.

Closing Date is 30th April 2015
    ( but this maybe extented if need arises )
    Post edited by oiswise on
  • SandraKBSandraKB Posts: 385 Member
    edited May 2015
    @oiswise, Thank you for the beautiful paintings and gallery! <3 I will use your lot in my future caw worlds if I may? :) The paintings complement the Art Gallery very nicely. My sims and I will enjoy our visit! Rec'd, Fav and downloaded . Big Hugs
    Art of Fae Gallery is so very nice! @oiswise :) The background story details of the build is very nicely written, Very nice exterior of the Gallery. The white colour of the exterior looks nice and suits the gallery theme. It is nice that you have kept the original exterior of the home. It looks nice how you have easels set up outdoors for sims to enjoy painting outside in the sunshine. It is nice that you have placed fairy houses either sides of the front steps. Fairies will enjoy throwing parties and drinking pollen there. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the Gallery! The picture photos and paintings on the walls through the Gallery look so very nice! Nice study desk area in one of the rooms, for sims to enjoy sitting at the table using a computer and enjoying looking at the nice sight of the pictures. The floor tiling in the study area is nice. Nice armchairs and sofa sitting areas for sims to relax and read a book. The flowers beside on the side table next to the sofa are a nice sight for sims to see as they are sitting there. The books decor is a nice touch on the table beside one of the armchairs, and the floor paving patterning adds to the nice look of the areas. Sims will like sitting on the chairs having a chat together. Sims will enjoy sitting listening to the music from the stereo or have fun dancing to the music! It is nice that you have a children's play and sleeping area. It is nice for child sims to be in their cot or for young children to sleep on the bed whilst other family members are enjoying looking around the venue at the nice pictures. They will have fun playing with the dollhouse.The teddy looks cute in the cot! It is nice that you have placed easels in the room for sims to enjoy painting there. It is great that you have a simfu and ballet area in the build. Sims will enjoy practising their martial art and enjoy dancing in the very nice setting. It looks great how you have placed a photo of sims doing simfu on the wall near the martial arts equipment. It looks nice how you have used grey and black wall tiling in the bathroom, which looks nice as a background for the photos. The shower nook is nice. The musical room is very nice! Sims will enjoy playing the various musical instruments together there. The flowers on the table near the grand piano are pretty for sims to see whilst playing the music. Very nice kitchen, bar stool counter and nectar area! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools at the bar having a drink of nectar from the nectar racks, or enjoy cooking meals on the woodstove oven and eating the food at the counter. It looks nice how you have placed a picture of a chef on the wall near the woodstove oven. Nice outdoors cooking and dining area. Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the grill and eating them at the picnic table in the sunshine.
    The build is great! It would have taken such a long time to have your sims take the photos and paint the paintings! It is a very special gift to the simming community. :)
  • SandraKBSandraKB Posts: 385 Member
    @Contestants: Good luck to all of the contestants, I have downloaded, Rec'd and Fav'd all! Hugs
  • SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    How many interesting entries! :) Good work everyone ^^ And thank you guys again for all the compliments you have given me.

Maybe I should have checked when the day turns around the world, it was eight in the morning here when it was midnight at @ciane's. I could have made one entry in the last minutes ;) It's now 12 o'clock in Finland. Maybe exact hour would be handy in the next contest so we wouldn't have to guess. I have so much lots in my head just waiting to be build that I promise you plenty off stuff to pop up in my Studio.

Happy first of May! :)

Hauskaa vappua! :p

Glada vappen! Bara vatten hela natten! ;)

I'm of to the city to celebrate, although I forgot my student cap home, it's a vital accessorie :D
  • calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    hello all Im going to give you all till sunday midningt UK

As my dad is back in hospital and im the nearest family once again to visit and provide him with things he needs.

thank you all
    h2xmsbl]

Welll... I didn't read that until now and I already finished that. The good news is I was able to get it to upload to the exchange. The bad news is I forgot to get screenshots first! Doh! So now I'm replacing all those files I cleared lol Hopefully this works!

dont pannic ive given you all an extra couple of days.

h2xmsbl]

Right im upto date with all entries. Wow there are so many wonderful creations. I will comment more when posting the judges results
    h2xmsbl]

Thanks Rose
    h2xmsbl]

• TeegersTeegers Posts: 816 Member
    @Calmorezoo, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. ((((hugs))))
    Hi, I'm Te-ge (pronounced TG)
    Origin ID: Teegers1
    Steam: Teegers
    edited May 2015
    thanks Teeger.hugs back
    h2xmsbl]

I hope your dad does well and gets better soon.
  • oiswiseoiswise Posts: 482 Member
    edited May 2015
    @Calmorezoo, I'm so sorry about your dad. My thoughts are with you. (Hugs)
    I am guessing the lot type is 3 as it is modifying a community lot, though 1 applies as well?

Username ; oiswise
    Entry TypeNumber ; 3
    Lot type ; Small Park
    Name of lot ; Surf, Fish, and More. REPLACES Louie Falls in RV
    Size of lot ; 40x30
    lot value ; $10,844
    DL link ; http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8646620
    Spawners ; Yes (The ones that were already on the lot & James donated some of fish in his inventory.)
    While getting together art for their Gallery Gaea and Eva they went to a lot of community lots with their models and artist friends. They stumbled (well actually flew) into a lovely little fishing hole that could not even be seen through all the trees.
    Their "friends" at city hall were all for the fairies donating the time and money to improve the lot, but shocker, had some conditions. They insisted that no trees be cut down (why would they, that was part of what they loved about the lot). They also said dictated that the parks new features should as much as possible blend into their surroundings. They also pointed out that some of the people who fished there would welcome a very basic park style grill and maybe an outdoor shower so they didn't come home wafting green clouds.
    The fairies pretended to think about it before excitedly agreeing to the conditions placed on them. If the die hard fisherman preferred to go off into a bush instead of using the new bathroom stall, so be it. Though they imagined even though they might grumble they might be secretly glad to have the choice.
    They knew that easels were a must, as well as a supply of surfboards hidden in one of the nooks & crannies of the rocks. The oddest thing about this little fishing hole was there were actually great waves to surf on.
    A little fairy dust can go a long way in getting the contractors to go the extra mile for them. They installed an outside kitchen complete with pizza oven, counters, and a sink that looked almost like it was part of the locally sourced landscaping rocks.
    The fairies welcome all types of sims of course. They are hoping that as the word leaks out about this tiny little paradise that the new comers will have further chance they will discover their common love of the earth and maybe even celebrate their new differences.
    There are 2 treasure chests full of mostly perfect fruits and veggies for your sims to use for eating, planting, bait etc.

Five pictures ; there are 3 additional pics on the exchange slide show for this park.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

In the foreground is Ava (who I will be uploading sometime soon as household with Gaea) and James, in the background is Lilly Fields making pizza. I tried to make it blend into the background. Any thoughts one way or the other if I should keep
    screenshot_original.jpg

Ava surfing, blacksheba1973's Pippa is napping on the bench, James is rock climbing and to his right by the tree Gaea is taking a shower. To her left behind the rocks there is a bathroom stall and sink.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Just in case you need it the recycle bin is in front of the tree to the right of the blue flowers.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Post edited by oiswise on
  • duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    So sorry to hear about ur Dad @calmorezoo :(
    Hope he will get well soon!!! My thoughts & prayers are with u!!

Waow sooo many entries!! O.o awesome! Lol I am sooo lucky tt I am not judge! :D

@Ciane waow u sure are busy bee.. I love ur entries!!!

@oiswise love ur fae/fairy related park & gallery!! Waow awesome pics of fairies!!

Wish u all amazing weekend! By the way i had just started to create a shopping mall but as usual it is really large projects.. :/ donot know why I cannot build small much? *sighs*

Okay, I'm all caught up on rec's now.

On the front page list, it says lot type 1/10 java hut for my type 10 live show gazebo.